❀ rise ❀ kin of the flourishing blossoms ❀

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

❀ rise ❀ kin of the flourishing blossoms ❀

Postby cad bane » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:01 am

❀ ❀ ❀ welcome to the land of the kin. ❀ ❀ ❀

level one

one cat

❀ guider - sway of willow tree

❀ speaker - xxx

❀ healer - xxx
Last edited by cad bane on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ territory ❀

Postby cad bane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 am

the kin are a group of cats who live in a mostly vacant area of china. the kin's camp is located in a small patch of wild apple trees. you get a sniff of the sweet blossoms before continuing on.

north of the patch is a humble, bubbling brook. the sound of the water is so... peaceful... you hop across the stepping-stones and manage to get to the other side of the brook. a hilly moor, perfect for hunting rabbits, is laid out in front of you. no time to hunt! there’s much more to explore.

you decide to follow the brook eastward. after quite a bit of running, you discover a thunderpath. the brook dips under the thunderpath and into a tunnel. nobody dares cross over to the other side. the roar of a monster passing by shakes the ground, and you run away, hoping that it didn’t see you.

now, you follow the brook westward. you come across a barn crawling with mice. when prey is short, the kin will occasionally be allowed to hunt the mice in the barn, granted that the area is deemed safe by the guider. the barn has a distinct, musty scent, entwined with the scent of mice. you leave the barn before the mice tempt you too much.

as you head south of the camp, you spot a giant willow tree. listen closely - can you hear the faint sound of the soft leaves brushing against each other? it almost sounds like voices are whispering to you. this is the spot where the communicator speaks to the ancestors of the kin. the wind picks up, and the whispers become louder. afraid, you bolt back to camp.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ kin terms (wip) ❀

Postby cad bane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 am

executives- a group containing the guider, speaker, and healer(s) that makes most of the important decisions concerning the kin

whispering willow- a sacred weeping willow where the executives come to speak to the whisperers.

whisperers- the ancestors of the kin that choose to inhabit the whispering willow.

fliers- the ancestors of the kin that choose to be a bird in their next life, and nest in the apple blossom trees where they watch over the kin.

protector- the members of the kin who are trained specially to fight and be helpful in dangerous situations.

hunter- the members of the kin who are trained specially to hunt and run quickly.

guider ( equivalent of leader ) - holds ceremonies, makes decisions regarding individual members of the kin, chooses the speaker with the help of the eldest hunters & protectors, visits the whispering willow for guidance, works with the other executives

speaker ( equivalent of deputy ) - helps the other executives, gathers vital information that will help the kin, communicates known information to other executives, makes sure that everyone stays in line and keeps a tab on each kin member

healer ( equivalent of medicine cat ) - collects herbs, treats ill or injured cats, helps mothers deliver their newborn kits, communicates with whisperers on a daily basis and receives omens/prophecies
Last edited by cad bane on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ history ❀

Postby cad bane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 am

res
Last edited by cad bane on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ guider ❀

Postby cad bane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

as a kit, willow was the runt of his litter. rather than being rowdy and prideful like his littermates, he was careful and cowardly. he enjoyed listening much more than talking, which his mentor loved about him. he was praised for his gentle nature by many senior warriors, and as a result the other apprentices would make fun of him for being “small and weak”. sometimes willow wished he was a healer so that he wouldn’t have to put up with all the apprentices who thought they were better than everyone else. when he came of age, the guider decided that willow would become a protector. willow was happy with his new role, and always tried to give it his all. of course, sometimes a bee would frighten him... but hey! look where he is today? hard work does pay off.

❀ ❀ likes ❀ ❀
❀ getting up early
❀ being productive
❀ hearing birds sing
❀ being praised

❀ ❀ dislikes ❀ ❀
❀ being alone
❀ scary noises at night
❀ snow
❀ the cold

title font credit
Last edited by cad bane on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ speaker ❀

Postby cad bane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 am

res
Last edited by cad bane on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ healer ❀

Postby cad bane » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:00 am

res
cad bane