➳ kalon #1413 tryout

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➳ kalon #1413 tryout

Postby Lilitha. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:46 am

back to adopt
    username: Lilitha.
    kalon name: Zella
    prompt:
    [impress me]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zella lives in an alternate universe where everyone has some sort of magic ability. Its against the law to use your magic to harm others and should be used with caution
Last edited by Lilitha. on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ chapter i. the girl with secrets

Postby Lilitha. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:50 am

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zella was the kind of girl at school who never got along with anyone. She’d lash out at people, take their stuff, and laugh at them when they were in distress. A lot of kids assumed that Zella was a bully from her actions. No one wanted to be her friend and teachers had to consistently send Zella to the principal's office. It would get so bad some days that Zella would push kids off the swings if she wanted to use them, knock their food out of their hand, or put food on others. No one liked Zella, nor did Zella like herself. Because of Zella's action, no one would take the time to learn that really, Zella is crying her help. Zella walks home from school everyday and upon reaching the house, this is when it starts. The first thing that she hears is always yelling. Her mother and father never had the best relationship and her father would go out and drink and go to other women’s houses. After walking home everyday, Zella would make sure to go get her younger sibling and storm into her older sisters room and lock the door. In there, they would be save from their drunk father but still have access to a phone. Life for Zella was scary, and if she didn’t hide, she’d be beat, hit, thrown, or even dragged by her drunk father. Her father was a little bit of a psycho, but he just thought he was normal. He’d hear voices in his head that would tell him what to do and that he shouldn’t disobey them.

A year went on like this until Zella’s mother, Anna, decided enough was enough! Anna kicked Zella’s father, Paul, out of the house and filed divorce papers. After going to court, Anna won custody of her children. In fear Paul would come to their house, they all decided it was best to move and start fresh. A new life without the virus.

Zella and her family lived in a okay sized house, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and one story high, but felt it was too small. Anna started looking at homes that would okay in price. A week went on of her search and finally she had found the perfect house! Only one problem.. It was all the way across the state in California! Looks like a long road trip is to come!

[403]

Zella • 7 | female |122.4 cm (4)
    Anna • 32 | female |167.64 cm (5'5)
    Paul • 34 | male | 186.9 cm(6'1)
    Kacey (older sibling) • 12 | female |152.4 cm(5)
    Jack(younger sibling) • 3 | male |95.2 cm(3'1)

• chapter song
Last edited by Lilitha. on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ chapter ii. something new

Postby Lilitha. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:50 am

Zella took out all her clothes from her dresser, folding them and packing them into the suit case with a few other items. She has some stuffed animals, blankets and her two favorite dolls, Stephine and Molly. Just when Zella thought she was done packing, she came across some pictures of her father. Zella fell to her knees and tears started to form in her eyes. Even if her dad was abusive, he wasn’t always like that. Zella and her father shared some good memories together. It was hard on the family to move away but they knew that their life would change for the good if they moved. Anna came into Zella room and noticed Zella crying.

“Sweetie... I know how hard it must be… He used to be a good man, he was the love of my life, but people change, and we just have to put that past us and move on...” Anna softly assured Zella.

“I know…” Zella said with a brittle voice. Anna than opened her arms, Zella snaking her arms around her mother’s back. Zella cried into her mother’s arms as Anna rubbed her back.

“it’ll be okay dear, look at me.” Anna said in a soothing tone. Zella looked her mother in the eyes as Anna started to wipe her tears away, smiling.

“Come on, go wash her face and let’s finish packing okay?” Zella nodded, getting up and heading to the bathroom. Anna sighed, picking up the pictures, she took one look at them before tears started to form in her eyes as well. She wiped her tears away as she gently put the photos back.

Finally, everyone was all packed up and today started their new life. A moving trucking came and took what Zella and her family couldn’t take with them and they packed what they could into the back trunk. Zella and Jack sat in the back while Kacey sat in the passenger side, Anna in the driver’s side. The hour-long road trip was nerve racking, but it was only the beginning. Upon showing up the airport, we had to take out suit cases, go through lots of security, get our tickets, more security and then just waiting to board the plane.

After being on that plane for five hours was scary for Jack and Zella as it was their first time boarding a plane. Anna sat with Zella and Kacey sat with Jack. One hour into being on the plane, Zella and Jack fell asleep, making getting to California easier. So, after the plane has landed, Zella and Jack where up and ready to greet California with big arms. Right off the bat, they noticed the difference in temperature than what they are used to. It felt refreshing, it felt new and it felt great!

When the family had finally reached their destination, their new life could start. The kids would be going to a brand-new school and Anna would be getting herself a good paying job. Zella was most excited about going to a new school because she was ready to make friends and not treat others like she used to. Plus their new home is twice the size of their old one!

[535]

Zella • 7 | female |122.4 cm (4)
    Anna • 32 | female |167.64 cm (5'5)
    Kacey • 12 | female |152.4 cm (5)
    Jack • 3 | male |95.2 cm (3'1)

• chapter song
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ chapter iii. high school comes a-knockin'

Postby Lilitha. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:17 am

Eight magical years have passed. Zella’s now 15 and in her second year of high school where she is surrounded by amazing friends. At 15, you start to develop your powers. High school is where you learn about your magical abilities and how to control them. With Zella, she possesses Illusion Manipulation, the ability to create, shape and manipulate illusions, causing targets to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist!

Throughout your time in high school, you spend most of your time practicing basic magic as well as the powers you are gifted with. To potions, simple spells you must learn to pass, and the history of magic.

Since the first day she went to school in California to now, Zella’s closest friend May has always been there for her! The two of them are so close. After a while, Zella started to develop feelings for May. Zella thought something was wrong that she liked someone of the same gender, but she soon came to not care because she was happy.

Zella and May usually liked to sneak out at night and run off to their favorite spot, a cliff, were they could watch the stars. Zella is always trying to find ways to impress May, so one day she made it look like she grabbed a star out of the sky and would hand it to May. Zella would made up other illusions for May when she was feeling a bit down. She loved the smile it would put on May’s face, a fast pace her heart would beat.

Zella decided to tell her mother about this new found love… but the outcome wasn’t pretty…

[280]

Zella • 15 | female |170.688 cm (5'7)
    Anna • 40 | female |167.64 cm (5'5)
    Kacey • 20 | female |179.832 cm (5'9)
    Jack • 11 | male |124.968 cm (4'1)
    May • 15 | female |125.2728 cm (4'11)

• chapter song
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ chapter iv. love is love

Postby Lilitha. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Zella worked up the courage to tell her mother about her feelings towards May on her walk home from school. She practiced what she would say over and over in her head.

“I like May! No… too happy… “

“Hey mom… You know May, right? I like her. Not good enough…”

“Mom, I think I like May… Yea! That should work…”

After figuring out what she should say, she has made it home. Zella’s knees began to shake in fear of what would happen. Will she throw me out? Hit me? Yell at me? Thoughts of the bad clouded up Zella’s head. Anna came to the door and rose a brow at Zella.

“Hun are you okay? You look sick! What happened?”

“Could we go inside first?” Zella replied as she walked into the house, sitting down at the dining room table. Anna followed and sat down across from Zella with a worried look on her face.

Zella looked at her mom in the eyes as she proceeded to talk, “Mom, I… I think I like May…”

“Why wouldn’t you like her? She’s your best friend!”

“No mom, I think I have romantic feelings towards her…”

“You are joking, right? A woman cannot like another woman dear! I’m sure you are just tired and confused.

“Mom! I’m not confused! I really do like her!”

“Something is wrong with you Zella, just like in second grade.” Anna said as she crossed her arms. Zella argued that nothing was wrong with her. Anna began to raise her voice at Zella, telling her that a woman shouldn’t be with a woman. It soon turned into yelling back and forth between each other. Zella was in tears and just breaking inside. Anna was extremely angry and wanted nothing to do with Zella. Zella went storming out of the house and just began running

Zella ran and ran as far as she could away from home, she was so embarrassed, so scared. She felt as if she shouldn’t be alive, liking a girl. It felt so right, so real… How could it be all that bad?

Soon enough, Zella found herself at her sister, Kacey’s house. Zella knocked a few times at the door till I tall figure opened the door.

“Oh my, what happened Zella?”

Zella explained everything to Kacey, who seemed to be more accepting about it than their mother was. To have your mother say that there was something wrong with you, it’d hurt.

“Wow… I’m so sorry Zella… You are free to stay here for a bit, but you can’t skip school you know!”

“I’m aware… But thank you Kacey…” Kacey smiled as they hugged.

It was the next day, Zella was crashed out on the couch. The sound of her cell phone ringing awoke her from her deep slumber. She sat up and reached for her phone. The screen flashed on and the caller ID read May.

“Zella! What’s up? Why aren’t you at school?” May asked frenetically.

“Things happened… I couldn’t make it. Sorry if I worried you, May.” Zella said a very brittle voice.

“Have you been crying Zella? It sounds like it.”

“Yea I guess I did for a while. Got into a fight with my mom and I’m crashing out at my sister’s… haha…”

“Met me after school at my house okay? No if, buts, or ands!” May said before hanging up.

[566]

Anna • 40 | female |167.64 cm (5'5)
    Kacey • 20 | female |179.832 cm (5'9)
    Jack • 11 | male |124.968 cm (4'1)

• chapter song
Lilitha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➳ chapter iv.

Postby Lilitha. » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

i had no time to finish coding so i apologize :,)

Zella approached May’s door, knocking a few times before a short figure opened the door. May smiled as she hugged Zella.

“I missed you so much! I was so worried! Come in, let’s have come tea!”

Zella followed May in, taking her shoes off at the front door. May ran off to the kitchen to make tea where Zella went to the living room and sat down on the couch. A few minutes of waiting, May came out to the living room with some nice brewed tea, handing a cup to Zella. May smiled before sitting down next to Zella. Zella lowered her tea mug down to her lag as she watched the ripples in it slowly disappear. May pulled out an old camera which had many pictures of them when they were smaller.

“Look what I found when I was cleaning the other day!” May said while shaking the tiny camera. Zella giggled as May showed off the pictures, telling the day it was taken in great detail.

“And in this one, we had taken some of my mom’s dresses and pretended to me models. My mother thought it was the funniest thing she’s ever seen! She was laughing about it for weeks!” They both laughed as they bonded over their memories of each other.

“You know, I’m glad you invited me over today. You make me feel a lot better I hope you realize.” Zella said as moved her long hair out of the way to look May in the eyes. May blushed as she stared into Zella’s unique eyes. Zella had eyes you could get lost in and that was something May did very frequently. May snapped out of it and returned back to drinking her tea. Zella grew a little annoyed that May looked away and created delicate pink butterfly to get May’s attention and May’s attention that pink butterfly got. Zella proceeded to control the butterfly, and have it fly on Zella’s face where May had to look.

“May can I tell you something…” Zella asked softly as she stared into May’s light blue eyes.

“I’m your best friend you can tell me anything.”

“The whole reason why my mom and I fought was because I told her that I liked you. Not in the friend way, way more than that. She said that a woman shouldn’t be with another woman. But why does it feel just so right with you? Like today, I was upset but you cheered me up, just like you always do. I’m so happy I have you in my life. My magic can help calm me down when I’m down or upset but you do it way better than any old silly magic. Thank you May.”

May’s eye began to water as she grabbed Zella’s hands, “No… Thank you Zella. You’ve showed me who I am. I really do like you too Zella and I will always be here to make you feel better anyway I can.”

The two giggled as they embraced each other on that couch. Now May makes it a point to when ever Zella was feeling out of it, for them to meet at her house so they could drink tea together and bond over their memories with one another.

[544]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me