( bad blood, graveclan writing thread )― -

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

( bad blood, graveclan writing thread )― -

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm

extra writing for my spooky babes in graveclan !! mostly small snippets / maybe some character id-
    eas that i jot down.
Last edited by notwearingsocks on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( the name game )― -

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:18 pm

ixxx▬less than a moon into his kingship status and wiltedstar was already having to make a significant decision. he was faced with a massive (to him, at least, what with his own rather miniscule size) tom, with curled ears and a stumpy tail with a blue-grey siamese-pointed face. wiltedstar swept his eerie yellow gaze across the tom who claimed himself to be sharkbite. that wouldn't do at all. a horrible name, really, if he was to be joining a clan that lived in a forest.
    ixxx▬the highlander tom twirled to follow wiltedstar with his own eyes, looking slightly nervous that this tiny tom might actually be hostile. "sharkbite" shifted from paw to paw, his weight angled towards the cat who called himself wiltedstar, ready to lunge if the need arose.
    ixxx▬wiltedstar was thinking. he was thinking and stressing very slightly over this decision, though he would never admit it, since a king was supposed to be composed and clever and quick-witted. "flint-," he began, and then cut himself off, pacing a swift oval before the newest member of graveclan. "flintmask," he concluded. sure, this tom looked strong and fast and smart and sly and ambitious, but all of those things couldn't be combined into a single suffix; he sure was handsome, though, and -mask was both aimed towards the tom's appearance as well as the tom's prowess in stealth and hunting.
    ixxx▬flintmask. that was wiltedstar's first important choice as king.
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( the camp )― -

Postby notwearingsocks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

ixxx▬graveclan, as their name might suggest, resides in an overgrown cemetery. the dames and kits of the clan make their nests in an old crypt; the floor is so worn by time and the elements that the concrete base has crumbled into dust, allowing soft tufts of grass to bloom from the earth. apprentices doze in an abandoned, arid fox den, dug beneath a flat gravestone. warriors, on the other hand, are forced to expose themselves to the elements, though extensive foliage protects them from the harshest of the wind and snow. they sleep among the headstones, atop the flat stone grave markers, and in between wildflowers that bloom among the death. the healer of the clan, the gypsy, keeps their herbs stored in between the cool roots of an uprooted tree. the leader's den is tucked beneath an impressive headstone, where a hollow is covered by a drooping layer of grass that keeps their den secluded.
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— -

Postby notwearingsocks » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:15 pm

ya girl is gonna put name ideas here , , ,
    cicada, aloe, gator, dog, soft, ripple, bloom, avocet, juniper, weasel, thorn, prickle, adder, viper, cobra, lavender, wisteria, hare, cricket, vulture, berry, timber, aster, egret, osprey, duck, web, milk, mint, loon, gull, weevil, mantis, petal, pigeon, sage, chervil, ant, kite, ibis, laurel, sloe, lamb, sheep, cow, rye, hound, cold, goose, basil, lorikeet, avocado, wobble, potato, cabbage, wither(wings), lemon, lime, carrion(leg), the Big Cat Bunch; tiger, lion, caracal, serval, puma, panther, etc., axolotl
    "don't trust the moon, she's always changing," the shores bend and break for her, and she begs to be loved but nothing here is as it seems
Last edited by notwearingsocks on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:24 am, edited 17 times in total.
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( the warrior's test )― -

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:37 am

ixxx▬warrior assessments in graveclan are not calm, safe, as in other clans.
    ixxx▬the warrior-to-be will be hunted.
    ixxx▬not by their clanmates, as such is the tradition in other clans; but by vicious beasts, long since turned from gentle giants to ferocious killers who will not hesitate to sink their teeth into the neck of an unsuspecting cat.
    ixxx▬a pack of dogs, if they can even be considered that anymore, hunt down the felines, looking for an easy meal, though some suspect that they simply enjoy the thrill of the chase, the satisfaction of blood on their tongues at the end.
    ixxx▬led by the largest of the three, with two slightly smaller canines forming the remainder of the pack, these dogs are a formidable force.
    ixxx▬the apprentices must begin at graveclan's north border; starting from the edge of the mountains, upon hilly territory.
    ixxx▬the dogs live on the other side of the water, just inside the mountains, in a rocky den, pacing, waiting for their next piece of prey to come through, and when it does ―
    ixxx▬they give chase.
    ixxx▬the feline must race through the trees, without falling, for if they stumble, teeth and fangs will be upon them swiftly. they must make their way to the east border, whereupon they will swim vigorously to the dead-tree-island, where the remainder of the clan (save dames and kits) lie in wait, expectant, waiting for either a bloodbath or a victory, for there is no in between.
    ixxx▬the dogs will not cross the rushing water, as determined as they are; instead, they snarl from the bank while the clan's leader announces the apprentice's new name from atop the dead tree.
    ixxx▬apprentices, could, perhaps, dive into the river along the way to avoid the jaws of the canines, but alas ―
    ixxx▬the game is not as fun, in that case.
    ixxx▬warriors from the clan pace along the bank, spread out, watching for the telltale sign of a head bobbing, trying to escape.
    ixxx▬if this occurs, the apprentice will be stopped from clambering out on the other side of the river; they will be forced either to drown, or to face the dog-beasts once more upon the other side.
    ixxx▬success does not come easy, nor does it come to many; those who fail must either manage to climb a tree and wait out the dogs (which could take days) or succumb to the fangs. those who choose to postpone their death ―
    ixxx▬well.
    ixxx▬they must try again next moon.
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( scars )― -

Postby notwearingsocks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 am

it has Come To My Attention that i have ,,, nowhere to record scars and such?? so like. for my own sake, when i'm writing about my cats & stuff, i'm putting any significant scars or previous injuries here :">

- wiltedstar has numerous small nicks along his muzzle and a large, noticeable scar on his throat from losing his first life
    - spidernose has a significant scar on his twisted hind leg from the original injury
    - fallowstep has a massive scar across his shoulder
    - heavypad has numerous small scars along his shoulders
    - dogbite has a very obvious dog bite scar on his hind leg
    - neritefang has scars littered among her pelt
    - hornetfur has a diagonal scar across his rear thigh
    - applebelly has scars littered among his pelt
    - aloeshade has three very deep and distinct diagonal slashes across her eyes, rendering her blind
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me