❀|| ❝ i must have flowers always and always ❞

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

❀|| ❝ i must have flowers always and always ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:26 pm

x
[intro]
✦[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
✦[the future]

x
x

Ajax Readopt Try Out
════════════════════════════
My tryout form for this kalon!
Art and story by me. Please do not post!
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ it started like this ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:45 pm

x
✦[intro]
[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
✦[the future]

Ajax stood nervously outside the Black Cat Cafe. He knew Nikkolai was inside, because he was always inside at this time of day. Every day on his lunch break, he would come in and order a coffee, extra cream and extra sugar. Like clockwork. Today Ajax stood outside, clutching a bouquet of bright yellow and white flowers. He took a deep breath before opening the door.

──────

It started like this:

"I think you're going to meet someone special soon."

The stranger with the funny eyes looked down at him from where he was perched on the counter. Behind him, the barista puttered around in a pink apron, getting Ajax's coffee order ready. It was the first time he'd been to this café, a cute building with an awning and flowers, and an aura of always being bathed in sunshine. Ajax had just moved to the area and got a job at a local kennel. He'd come across this place while exploring the neighborhood, and stopped in for a drink. The atmosphere was friendly, the air smelled delicious. He could only imagine what the coffee actually tasted like.

When the stranger spoke, Ajax only looked confused. "Ex... Excuse me?"

The man had long blue hair that couldn't be natural, and Ajax figured he must be friends with the barista. No one seemed bothered by him sipping tea while perched on a corner of the service counter, next to the pastry display. He laughed apologetically, and his eyes almost seemed to shine.

"Sorry. That wasn't a pick up line."

He didn't actually seem sorry however, as he reached into Ajax's personal space, taking his hand and inspecting his palm. "I'm something of a... fortune teller." He spoke as though he didn't care if Ajax believed him or not. Ajax just stared dumbly.

"I have a sense you'll meet someone special soon. Possibly a romance. Don't mess it up."

The barista, Eros as his nametag read, swatted at the blue haired man as he returned with Ajax's coffee. "Aquarius, don't bother the customers! I don't need you scaring him off!"

Ajax was baffled, unsure of how to respond, so he took his coffee with a nod and a small wave, and headed out the way he'd come. However, distracted, he bumped into someone just outside. He only had a moment to be thankful he didn't spill his drink, before he realized the other customer hadn't been so lucky, having fallen hard onto the sidewalk. They were... pretty. Long blonde hair and brilliant pink eyes, and Ajax paused as he reached a hand down to help them up, almost blushing before the person opened their mouth.

"Watch where you're going *******!"

They were understandably angry Ajax had knocked them over, but before he could apologize they'd hauled themselves up and walked past him, bumping his shoulder hard before heading inside. Pretty, but he was sure they could give him hell if they had wanted to. He sighed, and shook it off, putting the debacle out of his head as he walked home. No need to make a big deal out of an accident.
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ see you later ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:50 pm

x
✦[intro]
✦[the beginning]
[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
✦[the future]

click for full image
Ajax had a lot of tattoos, and he loved every single one. From graduating school, to his time in the service, to his release from the hospital, he tended to get them to celebrate big moments in his life. The oldest one however, he'd gotten as a dare, the very first one. It was a small star on his forearm, done by a friend when they were stupid teenagers who decided to buy a tattoo gun on a whim. He didn't want to remove it, still fond of the memories, but he had been thinking of getting it touched up, maybe turned into something bigger. The neighborhood had a lot of local businesses, in a quaint downtown area, and in his explorations, he'd seen a tattoo parlor. After looking at online reviews that were mostly glowingly positive, he went to check the place out.

He almost turned right back around when he entered the shop and spotted the blonde from the other day at the café. Unfortunately they saw him before he could leave, but they just gave him a grin.

"What's up *******? Appointment?"

It seemed like they were teasing, but Ajax took a second to collect himself. "Um... No sorry. I just. I needed some touch ups done on an older tattoo, and I thought I would come and see if anyone here would be able to do the work..."

"I'm Nikkolai," the man said, crossing the room and sticking out his hand. Ajax took it immediately, hoping to be as polite as possible in the hopes that Nikkolai wouldn't hold a grudge about being knocked over. But he seemed to already have forgiven and forgotten, and he lead Ajax to a small couch, saying he had a few free moments for a consultation and then asking to see his tattoo.

The artist was impressed by his other ink, a floral sleeve and a tangle of roots, and a golden eagle that all held personal meanings of one kind or a another to Ajax. The star, Nikkolai said would be easy to touch up and build off of. Ajax didn't really have much of a design in mind, but the artist said he could mock up a few things in his spare time to show him, and they could work from there. Feeling excited, they parted ways after Ajax booked another appointment for the next week.

The Black Cat Café was just across the street, and exiting the tattoo parlor, Ajax headed in for another coffee. The one from the day previous had been delicious, and he was eager to try out some of the pastries he had seen behind the glass. Despite the strange clientele, the establishment was very relaxing and he felt like he wouldn't mind becoming a regular.

"Where's your friend?" he asked cheerfully, after giving Eros his order.

The boy smiled. "Oh he's working now, but he'll probably be in later!"

Through some small talk, Ajax learned that Eros owned the café, and all the delicious treats were homemade. His friend Aquarius operated out of the shop next door, where he sold trinkets and told fortunes, and Eros swore by all Aquarius' predictions. It was hard not to trust the boy's friendly smile, and Ajax assured him that he would take whatever the psychic had told him yesterday to heart. Coffee and scone in hand, he went and claimed one of the corner tables to settle in for his snack, browsing on his phone.

He was reading an article, not really paying attention to the words, but engrossed in his own wandering thoughts and the taste of the lavender in his pastry, when a body sat down across from him. He looked up, slightly startled.

"Are you following me?"

Ajax opened his mouth, unsure of what to say, when he saw Nikkolai with his own coffee, smirking from behind the cup.

"I was here first," he stammered out, trying for teasing and witty, but only managing to sound defensive. The tattoo artist laughed, and reached across the short table to smack his shoulder genially.

"Calm down, I was joking."

Nikkolai sat opposite him, like he intended to stay, but Ajax couldn't say he was bothered by the intrusion. The man asked if he was new in town, and Ajax explained that he'd gotten a job at the local kennel, taking care of and training the dogs. He'd always loved dogs, and he was excited to live in such a nice place. He’d had enough action in his life for a while, and he wanted to settle down. Nikkolai told him a little about the town, where the best shops were. He already knew where to get the best coffee. The man talked about his art, and even showed Ajax some of his own tattoos, one in particular a swath of pink roses that was already visible on his collar bone, peaking above his shirt. Nikkolai had a nice sense of humor, was blunt but charming, and Ajax found himself quite enjoying the conversation until the other man abruptly slapped the table.

"Shoot! I think my break ended a while ago, I've got another appointment!"

Ajax barely had time to say goodbye before Nikkolai was dashing out the door, yelling a "see you later!" over his shoulder as he did.
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ call me Nikki ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm

x
✦[intro]
✦[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
✦[the future]

After that, seeing Nikkolai became routine. Ajax worked in the morning and took his lunch at the café. The tattoo artist came in for coffee on his break, and the two would chat. Ajax started coming in less for the food, and more for the company. Eros would sometimes slip him extra pastries, with a wink and a whispered, "One for your date!" Ajax started tipping more.

"Call me Nikki," Nikkolai said to him one day, and Ajax delighted in the thought that they were friends now. Seeing Nikki in the café was the highlight of his day.

──────

He almost completely forgot about the prediction Aquarius had given him when they first met, until he saw the man in the café again. It was a few weeks later, and the blue haired fortune teller was perched again on top of the café counter, chatting with Eros when Ajax walked in. They both perked up when Ajax entered, and Eros gave him a smile and started to brew his regular order.

"How's your love life?" Aquarius inquired straight away, and Ajax had to wrack his brain for a moment to remember why he was being asked. He didn't really have much of a love life, though he blushed as Nikki entered his mind.

Aquarius noticed and chuckled knowingly. "Remember what I said--don't mess it up."

"Don't scare him like that!" Eros scolded. "He's doing just fine."

Ajax didn't want to admit to anything, so he just took his order and headed for his table, flustered and a bit embarrassed. When Nikkolai showed up, he immediately stole a bite of his friend's pastry and opened his sketchbook. They hadn't gotten around to fixing up Ajax's tattoo. Nikki's work was lovely, but he hadn't come up with a design yet that he was proud of, or that caught Ajax's eye. They were all beautiful, but they didn't connect to him. Secretly Ajax didn't mind. He liked to watch Nikki sketch, and a small part of him worried that once they'd finished up their business, Nikkolai wouldn't hang around with him anymore.

"It's fine, I don't mind waiting until you've gotten the perfect inspiration."

"One day I'll come up with something that will blow you out of the water..."
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ don't mess it up ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:57 pm

x
✦[intro]
✦[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
✦[the future]

He wanted to ask Nikki on a date.

Ajax had been through a lot in his life, working hard for his family, joining the military, being injured, discharged, physical therapy. Comparatively, asking out a friend wasn't too bad, but the thought put his stomach in knots. Lately he couldn't stop thinking about what Aquarius had said.

"Don't mess it up."

Nikki was his friend and his best friend in town. He didn't want to ruin that. He could just imagine being turned down in that blunt way the artist had about him. He wouldn't hold back at all, and Ajax didn't want to be on the receiving end of a mocking rejection. So he kept his mouth shut. But try as he might to act normal, it still produced a change in him, until one day Nikki was looking at him in frustration.

"Are you okay? You've been annoyingly morose the past few days." Ajax knew Nikki cared, he just wasn't one for sappy conversations about feelings. He tried to smile quickly, but he felt nervous butterflies.

"I'm fine," he reassured his friend, but Nikki left at the end of his break looking skeptical.

"You should just ask him out."

Ajax jumped at Eros’ voice from just beside him. The boy laughed and put down another scone.

"Everyone can see you're crushing on Nikki."

Ajax knew this was what Eros did. He loved trying to fix up his customers, and Ajax had seen it a fair few number of times, now that he was a regular in the cafe. It was local knowledge that Eros was the best unofficial matchmaker around. He didn't think Eros would be able to help him however. The problem was his own personal one. But Eros was still talking, and now he was taking Ajax's hand, and dropping something into it.

"What's this?"

"A good luck charm!" Eros said, beaming. Ajax knew he sold small trinket sometimes, made things for Aquarius' shop. The boy dabbled in magic, and he'd seen more than one of his charms actually work. Things for curing headaches, and helping pass tests, and get gardens to grow. Whatever it was, Eros certainly had his own brand of magic. The charm in his hand was light, and he picked up it up to inspect it. It looked like something kids would clip to their phones, a metal flower charm, with the different blooms outlined in gold. One white, one sunny yellow, and the other a bright golden. There was little baubles clipped to it as well. White and gold beads, a small bell, and a little blue bow.

"It's... cute..." he admitted, unsure of what else to say.

"It will help your love luck," Eros said with a wink. "I'm sure if you give it a try, you'll succeed."

Ajax pocketed the charm, telling himself he didn't put much stock into luck and magic, but unable to keep himself from reaching into his pocket to touch the metal throughout the rest of the day.
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ it's about time ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm

x
✦[intro]
✦[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
[the flowers]
✦[the future]

click for full image
He was going to do it.

Seeing the little charm glittering on his nightstand when he woke up the next morning, Ajax made up his mind. When he saw Nikki for coffee today, he would ask him out to dinner. He'd been through worse. He could do this. He had a good luck charm now after all.

He stopped at the florist on the way. Mischa ran the shop for his father, and Ajax had met them once or twice. They loved all the plants they grew and sold, and had a sweet personality that made others come back again and again. Their knowledge about growing things was extensive, and so when they asked Ajax what sort of flowers he wanted, Ajax just left it up to the florist's best judgement.

When Mischa returned from the back room, he had a beautiful bouquet of soft blooms in creamy white and rich yellows. They pointed to each of the flowers in turn as they explained.

"Gardenias for secret loves and confessions. Daffodils for new beginnings and future success. Yellow roses for friendship, happiness, and the promise of new beginnings."

Ajax couldn't help the blush as he listened, and thought of the charm still in his pocket. The bouquet was perfect.

──────

He took a deep breath and steadied himself as he walked into the Black Cat, a little later now than his usual time. Nikki was already waiting for him, two coffees at their usual table, and he brightened when he saw Ajax walk in. He looked almost amused when his friend thrust the flowers out at him, rubbing a hand over the back of his neck sheepishly, and not looking Nikkolai in the eyes.

"What are these for?" he chuckled.

"I thought maybe..." Ajax swallowed, and felt the metal charm bite into his hand bluntly, as he squeezed it in his fist. He looked down at Nikkolai, who had one brow raised expectantly.

"I'd like to take you to dinner tonight. On a date. A... romantic date."

Nikki took the flowers, face buried in the blooms as he smelled them, seeming content to make Ajax wait as long as possible for his answer. It was almost cruel, and Ajax was just starting to really panic before his friend looked up and smirked.

"Jeez, it's about time. I thought you were never going to ask."

──────

From the counter Eros and Aquarius watched surreptitiously, smiling behind sips of their tea.

"Glad he didn't mess it up. It would have been sad if he'd never asked," Aquarius hummed. "You gave him the good luck charm?"

Eros giggled. "I don't know about luck, but it certainly helped him find his courage."
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀|| ❝ gardenia, daffodil, yellow roses ❞

Postby ✧ airplane. » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:03 pm

x
✦[intro]
✦[the beginning]
✦[the cover up]
✦[the friendship]
✦[the charm]
✦[the flowers]
[the future]

x
x

It was close to a year later when Ajax came in for coffee holding a card he presented to Eros, a wedding invitation, calligraphy curled across the page proclaiming the upcoming nuptials of Ajax and Nikkolai. Eros could see his sleeves rolled up, sporting a new and improved tattoo. The skin was still a little red, but the colors were bright. A star on his forearm, surrounded by gardenia, daffodils, and yellow roses.

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me