🌹• Muir •🌹

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

🌹• Muir •🌹

Postby Epiale » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:46 am

[A tryout piece for Checkinder's Leg Readoption]
Currently a WIP

Username: Epiale
Name: Muir

A ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴍᴀɴʏ ғᴏʀᴍs,
ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ, ᴀʟʟ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴇǫᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʀᴜᴇ.

In a time long passed, during an age ruled by powerful gods, mystics, and seers unparalleled, a prophecy was put forth by the greatest and most ancient seer of them all, announced from the top of her mountain shrine.

“Years, and years, and years from now, in a land so changed we should hardly recognize it as our own, a kalon shall be born of Mother Earth herself, simultaneously rising from the earth and descending from the heavens to take form in perfect harmony. With a body of the earth, wings of the sky, gifts of the sea, and the shine of the heavens this kalon shall grow to rise as an angelic being, powerful, and righteous.

But listen and be warned, for the angel’s path splits in two. One road leads to life and light, the other death and dread. Only love shall tell at all where the angel’s path shall end.”

Of course none knew of the seers failing mind, and of her swift and peaceful end, but her words lived on in temples and shrines, waiting, and waiting for the day their angel would arrive in their twisted world to cast judgment on them all.

And oddly enough, years, and years, and years down the line, on a raging summer day in the heart of a heat storm, a bolt of lightning struck a moor, shattering the earth around it in a rain of sparks and fire. Found in the crater left behind, faintly glowing in the dark of night, was a kalon. Small, and scared, and new to the world Muir, with a body of the earth, wings of the air, gifts of the sea, and the shine of the heavens lay curled up against the brutal world, born into a place he couldn't possibly yet understand.

Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

◂ Escape ▸

Postby Epiale » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:55 am

◂ Escape ▸

Muir snapped a quick glance behind him as he raced through the trees, not daring to tear his eyes away from the path ahead of him for more than a second. He dodged a branch in his path, jumping over it as he ran, and felt his heart drop as he almost stumbled over an unexpected dip in the decaying plant matter coating the ground. He couldn’t afford a slip up. He couldn’t trip, or slip, or slow down a step. With his shorter legs slowing him down as is he didn’t have the time to spare as he desperately ran away from the shouting voices, and lights behind him.

He’d finally decided to run, finally gotten the chance, and he wasn’t going to mess it up.

It was hard. He hadn’t gotten much exercise in the temple, and the forest was incredibly thick, catching on his fur, and wings. He was fighting with everything he had, but he was running out of breath, his muscles aching with every step.

He knew he couldn’t hide. His shine made him a reflective nightmare, easily spotted in the beam of a lamp or torch, and his spots of glow made sure he was just as visible in the dark. No amount of shrubbery was going to help hide him either. He veered to the side, avoiding a tree, and only barely caught himself.

A cliff. He suddenly found himself standing at the edge of a massive drop. He shot a glance down, seeing nothing but the vague hints of tree tops in the darkness below.

Voices in the distance grew closer, and he knew he was running out of time. He shook starring ahead, claws digging into the ground.

He couldn’t fly. His wings were useless, and a drop from so high-

He heard a branch snap behind him, and suddenly all he could think was that he wasn’t going back. He awkwardly spread his wings, hoping with every ounce of will he had they’d at least slow his fall, and jumped, as his closest pursuer let out a scream to stop.

His heart seemed to cease beating all together as he seemed to hang in the air for a moment impossibly long. Then he was falling, faster than he’d like, but with enough time to twist his wings to aim for a forgiving looking line of trees. He’d managed to slow himself down, but even hitting the best target he could find the crash hurt, snapping through a mass of foliage before slamming awkwardly into the tree’s trunk. He seemed to hit every branch on the way down, before landing at the trees base with an unexpected splash.

He found himself oddly thankful that he seemed to have landed in mud as he spared a glance back up. He could only barely see the edge of the cliff he’d jumped from through the tree-line, so high and far away from where he now sat, and he felt like he could finally breath when the lights faded from view, presumably retreating back to the temple he’d spent so much of his life trapped inside.

As he sat in the mud, bruised, and sticky, and out of breath he let out a nervous laugh. He didn’t know where he was, where he would go, or what he should do, but he was free, and in that moment that was all that mattered.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me