s o l v e i g // the distance between

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

s o l v e i g // the distance between

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 pm

┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

the distance between   |   kalon tryout by lysander

└─────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Last edited by lysander on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

personality + history.

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:45 pm

E  N  D  L  E  S  S    D  I  V  I  D  E
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

personality/history: 800 words

it's cold. frostbite sinking teeth into exposed flesh.
    the winter beast. its roar is the howl of wind that twists through the trees and its branches and into the open air where snow catches on its wing and takes flight into the northern night. a scintilla, a flash. particles of color dance through the sky. northern nights beget northern lights, foretelling fortunes of the whisper of a shaman. he speaks tongues into the silence between each breath the beast draws. all is hush save for the storm.

listen carefully. a miracle is coming. a child borne from ice, whose eyes are flecked with auroral radiance.
    listen carefully, for one might hear the air in their breath crystallize with skaði's power.
    listen carefully. the wind foretells this prophecy.

this child is the winter beast incarnate.
    this child's name is solveig.

the beast is ravenous. the child feels its claws dig inside of him, hungry— starved —for warmth. it knows no end to its madness, driven only by the instinct to feed on every scrap of heat it finds. to think that such a monster could be buried within his bosom— this, too, is madness —yet the elders praise it. the chief welcomes it. the entire village regards him a miracle come to fruition, their salvation, their savior.

who will lead our tribe into battle?
    who will stand by our warriors in victory and in death?
    who will call the winds to our side, harness the blessing bestowed on us by the gods?

solveig, of course.

he has seen what those men do with their guns, their rifles. he watched as they cut with their axes, forest nymphs slain next to their trees. he has seen his way of life disappear as his people usher further and further into the valley, hidden between the mountains. he could feel the fear in every glance, every word— every gaze cast down from the mountain tops towards the valley's mouth.

the watchers keep watch and his people wait with baited breath.

solveig will be our savior.

he can read it in their eyes.

the beast has chosen him.

even in his youth its power permeates through his body. with a raise of the hand, the wind obeys his every whim, subservient to his will. liquid crystallizes at the mere touch of a finger. he walks on rivers, every step turning water to ice, solid and steady underneath his feet.

yet power exacts a price. the beast demands it. it drinks deep of his body heat, of warmth, saps it even from the very air around him— and others, too. his flesh is ice-cold to the touch, he knows— but no one else. and for good reason:

to make contact with solveig is to put one's hand in the maw of the beast.

he remembers the first time it happened. he was still so young then, and his power had yet to grow. he played in the snow with the other children of the commune, in the days of bliss before the awareness of his purpose settled into the back of his mind like a weight. all it took— one gesture. the glove sliding off his small hand. the desire to feel his hand in another's— the boy he liked —an innocent childhood crush made victim of circumstances unforeseen.

the boy's left hand went blue and stiff. a shriek of pain resounded.
    the next time solveig saw him again, he had no left hand to speak of.

aaaand wip

Last edited by lysander on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

to build a bridge.

Postby lysander » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:23 pm

T O   B U I L D   A   B R I D G E
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Are they in control of their powers and how do they use them? What are their feelings toward their abilities?:
    (2000 words maximum)

heat sapper, ice bringer. heralded as a shaman and worshiped as a symbol of a nordic god, but the very same powers that afford them widespread admiration in their country prevents them from being close to anyone.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut tristique sodales nibh ut mollis. Phasellus nulla arcu, ultrices non lectus quis, vehicula rutrum mi. Donec vitae purus arcu. Vestibulum vel erat id neque imperdiet sagittis eu eget massa. Vestibulum quis accumsan leo. Cras feugiat iaculis tellus, id placerat sapien. Sed posuere, velit nec lobortis egestas, risus dui blandit dui, in varius nunc ipsum et est. Curabitur auctor magna id nisi ultrices pulvinar. Nullam vel tristique turpis. Quisque mollis bibendum dolor, eget rutrum purus facilisis a. Pellentesque id urna mollis, sagittis enim sit amet, sollicitudin elit. Curabitur a ante arcu. Aenean commodo ex neque, in posuere orci tempor ut. Donec ac lacus vestibulum, sagittis augue vitae, tempor diam.

Suspendisse bibendum erat sit amet semper consectetur. Integer ac placerat nisl, in molestie lorem. Pellentesque sollicitudin libero ut massa euismod luctus. Sed ut pulvinar lacus. Mauris at risus nunc. Nam vel porttitor massa, quis sollicitudin libero. Nullam ornare mi interdum mollis commodo. Aliquam fringilla varius arcu et iaculis. Donec dictum luctus quam ac scelerisque. Sed non nisi interdum, vulputate nisi et, vehicula dui. Vestibulum vitae ipsum mauris. Sed vehicula justo sed lorem pharetra dignissim. Phasellus ullamcorper lectus est, sed vehicula turpis scelerisque a. Morbi augue turpis, commodo vel tempus ac, fermentum vitae augue. Cras lectus neque, tempor vehicula facilisis porttitor, fringilla sed magna. Donec eu metus purus.

Sed at ex condimentum, aliquam turpis eget, dictum felis. Integer et arcu elementum, aliquam mauris non, tincidunt quam. Integer id mi consectetur, fermentum lectus in, feugiat ligula. Nunc quis magna leo. Pellentesque luctus cursus aliquam. Aliquam in ultrices lorem. Morbi ac interdum libero. Suspendisse potenti. Curabitur tincidunt metus ut facilisis vulputate. In blandit sodales metus a volutpat.

lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me