♥ cheeb's kalon development event prompts!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

♥ cheeb's kalon development event prompts!

Postby Cheeb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 am

hello!! this is where i'm gonna put all my entires, so i can still keep track of them even when the event's over. this is all useful information, y'know? |D it's also to help not clutter the actual thread as much, since that can be a pain.
      please don't post! q w q
x

“the world is full of magic things,
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx― w.b. yeats

my twinmy damy kalons

x
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ table of contents

Postby Cheeb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 am

table of contents

it'll happen eventually i promise

priority of kals to use (from most needed to least needed);;
      - jackie
      - minerva
      - polly (i need to stop using him but I LOVE HIM SO MUCH)
      - flynn
      - aiko
      - elle
      - bennett
      - charlie
      - dez
Last edited by Cheeb on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop one -- day one

Postby Cheeb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 am

workshop one - day one exercise

xxxxxusing polly!

what is your kalon’s first, middle, and last name (if they have one)?
      xxxxxthis little guy is named pollux orion prusa. personally, pollux hates his name. he thinks it's pretentious and long; not to mention, it's wicked girly. it makes him feel like he's "weird". he does like his nickname, polly, though.

does your kalon have a human appearance as well? if so, what do they look like?
      xxxxxyes, he does! for a twelve-year-old, polly is tall, standing at 5"3. he's fairly skinny, and doesn't have much muscle at all. (someone should tell him to eat a sandwich.) he's white, and ridiculously pale. in the summertime, it's not uncommon to see him with a sunburn. his hair is the same as in his feral form; curly and untamed. his ears are pretty big, too, so he often goes out of his way to cover them with his hair. he walks slightly hunched over, and tends to make himself seem smaller. in human form, polly usually wears hoodies and casual clothes.

does you kalon have any family members? if so, blood related or adopted?
      xxxxxpolly's legal guardian is dove prusa, a close friend of his now deceased mother. his father was never around, and his mother's family cut her off because of... personal reasons. dove was all that the twins had left, so she took them in. it was a rocky start, but eventually, they became a new, broken-yet-loving family.
      xxxxxspeaking of "twins", though, polly also has a twin sister, castor. and this brings us to...

who is your kalon the closest too? why?
      xxxxxcas, of course! castor and pollux are attached at the hip. (well, not literally, but... you know what i mean.) they speak the secret, nonverbal language of twins. castor, being louder and more feisty than her brother, tends to carry the two in social situations. she always has polly's back! in return, polly helps her out with schoolwork a lot, and does some of her chores for her every now and then. the two do almost everything together, and have the same ridiculous sense of humor. you get the idea -- it's a twin thing.

what sort of occupation does your kalon have? do they enjoy it?
      xxxxxpollux is only in middle school, so he's just a student. he doesn't mind school; in fact, some classes are pretty interesting. things can be boring and slow, though.

list some of your kalon's likes and dislikes and give an explanation as to why.
      xxxxxlikes
      xxxxxwriting -- pollux loves writing. it's one of the only things he's good at, to be blunt. he spends a lot of time scribbling in his journal, letting his thoughts loose. he also writes a lot of awful, overly mushy poetry. he's gotten less pretentious over time, thankfully.
      xxxxxouter space -- stars, planets, and other galactic things are what pollux daydreams about all day. they often provide writing muse for him. to him, space is so amazing. there's so much that hasn't been explored yet, and there's no way that we're alone... he spends a lot of time thinking about what's out there.
      xxxxxcute things -- polly has a soft spot for anything small and cute. babies, animals, anything. it's a bit embarrassing for him to admit this, though.

xxxxxdislikes
      xxxxxfire -- an accidental fire killed pollux and castor's mother. he doesn't want to set foot near any candles ever again.
      xxxxxthe dark -- polly is deathly afraid of the dark. while the unknown delights him, he ends up tossing and turning at night thinking about it... and he gets scared that aliens are going to come at him during the night. it's a childish fear, and he's been beginning to grow out of it, but he still uses a nightlight. it's a habit.
      xxxxxgym class -- pollux is that one kid that's always picked last. always. due to his gangly limbs, lack of muscle, and tendency to let his mind wander off... he's never a good choice for a team. this makes the poor kid feel pretty bad about himself. plus, polly isn't a fan of getting all sweaty and gross. ew.

what is your kalon's biggest weakness and strength?
      xxxxxpolly's biggest weakness is that he trusts people very easily. he likes believing that other people are defaultly good, even if he's scared to talk to them. this makes him gullible, and a very easy target. his greatest strength, though, is his compassion.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop one -- day two

Postby Cheeb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:39 am

workshop one - day two exercise

kalon name;
      xxxxxbennett

link to kalon;
      xxxxxhere!

write about a time when your kalon(s) lost something important or someone close to them;
      xxxxxcharlie had always been bennett's friend. maybe the two weren't the best of buddies, but their friends were good friends, and they grew closer over their years of knowing each other. charlie, the avid film lover, often invited ben over on movie nights. bennett always appreciated the company.
      xxxxxperhaps he appreciated the company too much.
      xxxxxit was hard for bennett to ignore the little things. the way charlie flicked his curly hair out of his eyes, and how his eyes lit up whenever something sparked his interested. his laugh, his smile, his voice... ben was slowly entranced by him.
      xxxxxthis past valentine's day was too much for bennett to handle. he couldn't keep his crush a secret any longer, and he, well... he finally confessed. charlie laughed it off, as if it were a joke. bennett was heartbroken.
      xxxxxhe'd lost one of his greatest friendships that day, simply because of his heart.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop one -- day three

Postby Cheeb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm

workshop one - day three exercise

kalon name;
      xxxxxminerva "minnie"

link to kalon;
      xxxxxhere!

do they keep promises, or break them? why?
      xxxxxminnie tends to keep promises. she feels the constant need to keep other people happy, which makes her a pretty reliable person. whenever she ends up not keeping a promise, minnie ends up feeling awful. she takes them seriously, even if they're small.

are they a leader, follower, or loner? why?
      xxxxxbeing so timid, minnie is definitely a follower. she finds it easier to go with the crowd than to make huge decisions on her own. minerva often wishes she was more of the leader type, though, but she knows she'd never have the confidence to be able to stand out in the crowd like that.

if they could change one thing in their past, what would it be and why?
      xxxxxminnie would change her past attitude about schoolwork, probably. she used to spend almost all of her free time studying. this left her with straight as (at least, most of the time). she was pretty lonely, though, and now, she's very socially awkward. she often wonders how things would've been if she actually had some good friends. however, if directly asked this question, she'd say she wouldn't change anything at all.

do they care what others think of them? why or why not?
      xxxxxwhile she's shy, minnie doesn't put too much effort into how other people perceive her. she blends into the background well without much help, and she doesn't mind people disliking her as long as they're not important to her. however, if she cares a lot about a particular kalon, minnie will do anything to get them to like her -- even if it's hard for her.

do they tend to argue with others or do they avoid conflict?
      xxxxxas she tries to be likable, minnie definitely avoids conflict. she finds it to be much easier as opposed to arguing with other kalons. (once she's actually in an argument... oh, boy. for someone usually so quiet, she can get pretty nasty.)

are they more spontaneous, or are they the type that always needs a plan?
      xxxxxminnie always needs a plan before doing things. being spontaneous makes her feel nervous and unsafe. plans make things feel routine and secure; while coming up with stuff randomly is usually disastrous for her. when put on the spot, minnie freezes up.

do they have any quirks, mannerisms, habits, or other defining characteristics?
      xxxxxminnie stutters a lot, and speaks in a very hushed voices. she has to repeat herself fairly often, since she can be pretty hard to understand. also, she's bad at hiding her emotions. when she's disgusted, her nose scrunches up; when she's sad, she almost always gets reduced to tears. minnie is also a compulsive nail-biter. (claw-biter?) in human form, her nails are very chewed up and disgusting. she can't help it, though: it's second nature for her at this point.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop one -- day four

Postby Cheeb » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

x
      x
      x
      x
      x
      x

workshop one - day four exercise

kalon name: jackie
      link to kalon: here!
      draw them interacting with their favorite thing: to the right!! jackie loves her favorite stuffed animal, captain bubbles. he's a whale! she carries him around almost everywhere, yet she knows he's childish...

(edited to remove signature & make neater!)
Last edited by Cheeb on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♥ cheeb's kalon development event prompts!

Postby Cheeb » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 am

workshop one - writing prompt

kalon name:
      xxxxxaiko
      link to kalon:
      xxxxxhere!
      prompt:
      xxxxxaiko is, at a glance, very well composed. she's quiet, demure, and responsible. trustworthy, even. to people who don't know her well, she's an unmovable stick-in-the-mud, refusing to do "stupid", fun things. she's a proper little thing. this is all just on the outside, though.
      xxxxxon the inside, aiko is a disaster.
      xxxxxaiko's quietness is mostly the result of her internally panicking about something. she's a worrier -- the type to double check everything, and the type to ask, "did i leave the stove on?" she always thinks that things are going to go wrong, even if they probably won't.
      xxxxxaiko is only relaxed about one thing: shopping. (on black friday, she will murder people.) her worries seem to melt then and only then.
      xxxxxwithin her group of friends, aiko definitely plays the "mom friend", and tends to take care of her buddies. she also enjoys making bad, out of date jokes.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop two -- day one

Postby Cheeb » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:44 am

workshop two - day one exercise

kalon name: eloise

where do they live and what is the geography like?
      xxxxxeloise lives in a small yet urban city somewhere in the northeast usa. her living quarters are just above her antique shop. the terrain of the area is somewhat hilly, and a river flows through part of it.

what is the society like there, is there a hierarchy?
      xxxxxthe society is pretty much the same as our world's! all that's different is that it's inhabited primarily by sparkledogs (sparklefossas?) instead of humans.

what kind of technology does the world possess: modern, medieval, fantasy, etc.?
      xxxxxthe world possesses modern technology! however, elle herself prefers candles to electric lights. she's a bit strange. (that, and she doesn't want a huge electric bill.)

do many or only a few people live here?
      xxxxxthe world is supposed to be a parallel to ours, so i'd say about the same amount! for the city elle lives in, though, it's just... average. not huge, but not some small town. nothing stands out about it.

is the history the same as our world, or is it different? if different, how?
      xxxxxthe history is basically the same as ours, except there's more lenience with the existence of magic. magic is definitely there, but it's rare and almost unheard of.

is your kalon(s) considered lower, middle, or upper class?
      xxxxxelle would be considered lower middle class for the amount of money she has. however, due to the amount of strange or "rare" things she possesses, you could consider her to be upper middle class. eloise has her hands on a lot of old things -- some useless, but some surprisingly worth a lot. of course, she sells most things for cheap, but... eh. y'know. elle is middle class.

what sort of language(s) is commonly spoken here?
      xxxxxenglish! or, well, whatever the "kalon language" is.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop two -- day two

Postby Cheeb » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:05 pm

workshop two - day two exercise

kalon name: minerva "minnie"

story behind their name:
      xxxxxminerva's parents named her after the roman goddess of intellect and war. (pretty cheesy, to be honest.) they wanted a name with some sort of positive meaning, but one that wasn't too dainty. something with a bit of strength in it.
      xxxxxmeanwhile, minnie absolutely hates the name. she's usually pretty rational, but she calls it an "old person name". she thinks it's ugly, and therefore goes mostly by her nickname. minnie is a cuter moniker, and it evokes the image of a cartoon character instead of the elderly harry potter character.

xxxxx(as for me? well, she's definitely mouse based. minnie.
      xxxxx...
      xxxxxhaha see what i did there)
Last edited by Cheeb on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♥ workshop two -- day three

Postby Cheeb » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 pm

workshop two - day three exercise

kalon name: pollux

how many different places have they lived?:
      xxxxxsince he's only twelve, polly has lived in the same town for all his life! he's lived in two different houses, though. (however, they've been in the same town.)

why did they settle down where they are currently?:
      xxxxxpollux lives in dove's little apartment because, well, she's his legal guardian. he's been in the same place all his life, and he enjoys it.

is there an ideal place they want to live, or are they already there?:
      xxxxxpolly really wants to head out west once he becomes an adult. he'd love to live in california, specifically san francisco: it's warm, but not too warm, and it's full of interesting people! he has romantic notions about the idea of finding his place in an unfamiliar place, and he figures he'll try to go to college out there. (it's still quite a while away, though!)

what are the biggest moments that have defined their life?:
      xxxxxpollux hasn't really lived much of life yet. he's still young. his biggest milestones were making it into middle school, getting his first journal, and joining the school choir. all mundane little things in the long run.
      xxxxxperhaps the biggest moment, however, was the fire.
      xxxxxcastor and pollux... they had been working on a simple school project one night. their mother came home from her late retail job, warning her little kits not to stay up too late. they laughed and said "okay," kissing her goodnight, per the usual. it was an average night. they didn't know it'd be the last time they saw her.
      xxxxxit was an accidental fire; started by a single candle that had spiraled out of control. the entire house went down in flames. the twins were rescued. their mother was not.

does their future have a bright or darker outlook, and can they change it?:
      xxxxxpolly's future seems to be a pretty neutral one. he personally has a bright outlook on things: even though he lost his mother, he's recovering, and he's got people who love him and can help him make it through! his sister cas is still around, and dove will always be there for him, too... pollux feels like things are going to be okay. he can never be one-hundred-percent sure -- it might change, and become absolutely horrible with no escape -- but he has faith.
Cheeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me