Bella Nightgaze

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Bella Nightgaze

Postby CashCow » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Thought it'd be nice to share some of my work here. It isn't finished as of yet and still has a lot to go, but I wanted some people to see the work in progress.
I don't use chapters for my writing; I just post what I think fits in shifts.
Hope you enjoy!
** Feel free to post! I'd love some feedback.
Last edited by CashCow on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ah hello. My name's Cashcow- feel free to call me Cash c:
I prefer female pronouns and I'm literal trash
Feel free to send a PM my way! I love talking to people~
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bella Nightgaze

Postby CashCow » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Bella was not a complainer, or a winer, or a fusser, none of it. Her whole life she’d been revolved around keeping a straight face, being content all of the time to ensure people would enjoy her company, and staying appreciative of everything gifted to her. In fact, most of what she could remember about her mother’s twisted homeschooled lessons revolved around three simple words; “Life’s not fair.” These were words she was forced to live by, and although her mother was often described as a righteous, just woman, sometimes it felt as if she’d never let Bella participate in the fun things in life just to have her learn what those words truly meant.
So now, as Bella was sitting, (straight up because god forbid she ever get caught slouching) on the train that was boarding, she kept a straight face as a complete stranger sat down in a seat quite near to her, despite the abundance of other seating options.
She kept her gaze straight ahead, focusing on the intricate patterns of the couch’s design, not faltering for a second. She could hear the stranger, whom she could now determine as male judging by his erratic movements and large build, shuffling his bags over to the other side of the seat.
“Hi,” he eventually spoke. There was nothing particularly special about his voice or the way he spoke; he was plain, just like everyone else.
Knowing she should be polite, she managed a smile, saying, “Hello,” whilst turning to look at him. He had lengthy, chestnut hair falling short just shy of his chin, which perfectly defined his warm, fine face, and his amber eyes resembled that of fresh honey. A small smile was on his face and his eyes scanned hers; biting her lip softly, she turned to look away, staring out the window.
“Uh, I’m Isaac,” he said.
“Bella.” she replied.
Isaac seemed to give up, earning Bella adequate relief. She wasn’t interested in men anymore. Not since a while ago; and Bella was confident she’d never, ever feel romantic attraction to anyone again.
As the train pulled itself along, Bella could notice Isaac becoming generally uncomfortable; tiny beads of sweat rolled themselves off his forehead, he rubbed his hands timorously, and his eyes gleamed with a concerning anticipation.
Bella, knowing quite well it was impolite to tread on others emotions, let curiosity take over her.
“Are you alright?” she inquired.
Almost immediately, Isaac flung his face toward hers, sending her wincing back slightly and spreading droplets of sweat flying.
“Can you keep a secret?” he whispered hurriedly.
Last edited by CashCow on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bella Nightgaze

Postby CashCow » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Bella, nodding in premonition, quickly answered, “Yes.”
Isaac cast an uneasy glance around the train cart, as if he was looking for anyone that might overhear, then turned his attention back on her.
“Don’t freak out, okay? Promise me you won’t freak out.”
Bella grew impatient. Part of her was not sure if she wanted to know, but the seemingly urgent situation pressed her on further. “I promise.” She said, as calm as possible.
“This train is getting robbed.”
Bella leaned back. She heard her voice rise in confusion as she spoke, “What?!”
“Ssh,” Isaac demanded, nervousness gleaming in his eyes.
“R-robbed?” Bella lowered her voice. “How do you know?” she whispered.
“There are two guys. They’ve each got guns. They’re going one by one, cart to cart, demanding money.”
Bella opened her mouth to speak, and then she shut it.
He’s been in the train cart, with me, the whole time. He’s just pulling my leg in an attempt at trying to start up conversation! Oh, god, how could I have fell for it this long? Did my mother raise an idiot?
“I’m not going to fall for that.” Bella leaned back, narrowing her eyebrows in indignation. “If you thought that I’d be fooled easily because I’m a lady, then shame on you!” she huffed in animosity. “I fell for your little trick, but no more! I will not sit here and have you insult me!” Bella grabbed her bags and hustled out the small train car, paying no notice to Isaac’s false warnings, her body burning in rage.
She turned and sauntered down the hall, looking for empty carts.
She surveyed each one as she strode down, and noticing people in every cart, she tugged on the door to the next train car, gasping in shock at what lay before her.
Glass from cart windows were shattered, sprawled across the floor; the food cart Bella had been anticipating ordering from had been tipped, various liquids and divine foods of all kinds splattered against the wall and floor. But the thing Bella was most worried about was two men that towered over her, each with guns pointing threateningly towards her forehead.
Her breath caught in her throat as she heard movement behind her; quick, and sharp, she felt true horror as a hand caught her throat, pulling her backwards before she could mutter a single letter of protest; she allowed herself to be pulled, wincing her eyes shut, praying for mercy.
As gunshots filled the air, she let out a terrified yelp; screams of all caliber filled the cart. Her heart threatening to stop beating, she finally felt relief as she was pulled into another train car and the door quickly shut.
Opening her eyes cautiously, she saw Isaac, a terrified expression on his face.
“We’ve got to jump,” he said, motioning to the door. It was at this moment Bella saw the two engineers laying with their head down on the trains control panel, a slit in both their necks.
Holding back a cry, she nodded softly, hot tears welting in her eyes.
Isaac, with a grunt, pulled back the train door forcefully. Wind intruded into the cart, sending Bella’s tidy hair into a mess. She felt a large mass of anxiety in her heart, but she knew the only way to guarantee her safety was leaping out. She allowed Isaac to grip her hand, feeling safer that way. “On three, okay? One…” Isaac started.
The ground skimmed by so quickly Bella couldn’t see it clearly; it was so blurry…
“Two…”
How would she make this? Would she be hurt? Killed?

“Three.”
Last edited by CashCow on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:36 pm

I love this!!! You /have/ to continue! :D

please?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CashCow » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 am

@Ranger Of The North -- that just made my whole day! thanks -- i'm so glad you like it! C:

Before she knew it she was flying. Wind whipped her face intensely, feeling her heart sink. She glued her eyes shut, wincing, preparing for the pain she knew she’d feel.
But her body didn’t slam on the rough grass floor.
Instead, she slammed down on Isaac, who’d courageously broke her fall. Without breath, she collapsed upon him, gasping for air to fill her lungs.
Upon finally receiving enough oxygen to fall back into her senses, she quickly realized in fear that only she was breathing heavily; Isaac, however, was producing no breath. He lay still and motionless underneath her.
With a cry, she rose up off him, fear coursing through her body.
Before she could move- before she could think, even- an ungodly sound roared in her ears.
Snapping her gaze towards the railroad tracks, her eyes widened in horror at the sight she saw.
The train had flew off the rails; with no one to properly turn it, it’d crashed into the forest surrounding the tracks. It was now a column of fire, smelling strongly of burning metal and gas.
Bella now realized the situation she was in. Realization came to her in waves.
She turned to the motionless body before her and shook it violently, Isaac’s head lolling to the side aimlessly.
“Please, Isaac, wake up,” Bella cried in hopelessness.
Like clockwork Isaac’s eyes shot open, earning a gasp of surprise from Bella.
“Isaac! Oh, god! I thought you were dead!” Bella cried, raising a hand to her sweaty forehead.
“What, me? No. Never. Wait- are you okay?”

“Yeah… you broke my fall… thanks.”

“Don’t worry about me. Any scratches on you? Bruises, scrapes?”
“No,” said Bella after completing a thorough search of her hands and legs.
“The train… looks like we got off just in time.” Isaac said, sitting up. His amber eyes reflected the burning train’s flames.
“Yeah… dear God, all those people…”
“They would’ve died anyway. Are you sure that you’re okay?”

Isaac’s stone cold ‘they would’ve died anyway’ shook Bella to the bone. She was on a train to her parent’s house in the lush green country side of Virginia; now she was sitting along a railroad on broken patches of grass with a stranger who saved her life by pushing her out of a car, stopped breathing, magically came back to life…
“Isaac. How did you know?”

“Know what?”

“The robbers were on the train? Were you… one of them?”

That would explain the sweating… the way he freaked out upon being questioned…
“No! Bella, heavens no.”

“Then how did you know?”

Isaac inhaled deeply. “Don’t worry about it, okay? What matters is you’re safe.”
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey, no problem! :D

Ohh my gosh that's so sad :c
And terrifying, sheesh!

Huh
*sternly* Isaac, what are you hiding? *waggles finger*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bella Nightgaze

Postby CashCow » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:57 pm

@Ranger Of The North - I love your comments, they always make me look forward to posting! thank you so much for being such a great reader, I can't describe how happy it makes me! and what is Isaac hiding? hmm.. I feel it might be something big..!
Bella’s mind raced, filling with questions. The situation she was in was so surreal, it felt like a fairy tale.
“We’ve gotta move. The train… it might blow up.” said Isaac, finally rising up to his feet.
Bella had never stood so fast. “Where are we going?”
“To Annecsen. That’s the closest town.”

Without warning he began to walk briskly towards the forest north of the crash, eyes focused on the jungle of trees before him. Bella, having no choice but to follow, did just that, trailing softly behind him. Her mind was still focused on the flaming train behind her… she almost thought she could smell a whiff of burnt flesh in the midst of all the wreckage. It sickened her to her stomach.
The forest was quiet and still. Bella’s nostrils burned from the wreckage, but she did her best to hide her discomfort, emerald eyes fixated on Isaac’s back.
“How many hours do you predict it’ll be before we arrive in this town you spoke of?” she asked. She wasn’t complaining, just simply inquiring, and she hoped Isaac knew the difference.
“We were very deep in the countryside when the train crashed. We’ll probably arrive tomorrow.” Isaac paused. “Why? Are you tired?”

“No.” Bella responded, raising an eyebrow. Ever since she’d met Isaac, he’d been far too overly protective of her, from breaking her deadly fall or probing her on the status of her scratches. Could it just be part of his nature, to be so overly humble?
Still, Bella could not hold back curiosity, and asked:
“Why me?”
Isaac’s footsteps stopped as he turned to meet her gaze.
“Hmm?” he asked.
“Why did you save me, out of all those people?”

“You were the only one not with someone else in a train cart.”

“Why does that matter?” Bella stepped forward, feeling her chest rise.
“You were alone. No one to miss you if you died. I felt pity for you.” Isaac now turned around and continued his stride, signaling to Bella to stop asking questions- and, well, even if she did, he wouldn’t answer them. It was as if he was a robot programmed to keep going forward and not answer any questions.
Night came slowly, the setting sun casting a dim shadow over the trees above. The wind picked up pace and the air chilled, sending shivers down Bella’s spine, goosebumps raising on her unshielded arms.
Trying her best, she unfruitfully tried to divert her attention to something other then her bare arms. She thought about her mother, scolding her for forgetting her jacket, and her father, playfully teasing her about the state of her clothing, full of holes and tears.
“We should stop here. It seems safe,” Isaac finally inputed, turning to Bella and gazing upon her softly. His honey eyes gleamed in the still darkness.
“Safe? What dangers lie here?”

“Nothing to be concerned of, really. Will you be able to sleep?”

“I’ve never slept on the forest floor before,” Bella said un-ironically.
Isaac gave a chuckle. “Really? I thought everyone has at least once.” with a playful tone of voice, he removed his coat and laid it on the forest floor.
Bella assisted him in gathering leaves for a replacement pillow; as Isaac started on a fire, she sat on the makeshift bed, her mind swirling.
“Will you sleep, Isaac? You didn’t make a spot for yourself,” she asked politely, watching the sticks Isaac gathered going up in flames.
“Most likely. But my top priority is you.” he responded. Once again, his eyes were fixated on the fire in front of him. “Sleep.” he instructed.
Bella, feeling uncomfortable with a stranger watching her sleep, lay back and stared at the stars above her. They twinkled with a certain brightness that lured Bella to a deep sleep, no matter how much she didn’t want too. The last thing she heard before rest was a blowing fire, the chirping of birds above her, and Isaac’s serene breath.
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Aw, that's alright! I'm glad I can help Image

Aww that's cute but sad at the same time... She was all alone :(
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CashCow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:12 pm

[OOC: I wasn't quite satisfied with the last chapter, so hopefully this one picks up a bit. Enjoy! <3]

The sun hit Bella’s face, warming her flesh. Opening her eyes, she took in the forest scene around her, confusion heavy in her mind. Then, in a sudden, twisted realization, it all came flooding back to her, and she suddenly had a very large headache.
In the midst of her pain, she noticed her companion’s missing presence.
“Isaac?” she called out, weariness clouding her voice. She knew her day would be full of even more walking and silence, which made her even more tired.

Feeling panicked, she rose to her feet, eyes scanning the area around her. 
“Isaac?” she called, this time even more hurried and scared. Had he left her in the middle of the woods, to fend for herself? Would she die here, alone?
Bella gripped her chest and forced her breathing to regulate, calming herself. Of course he hadn’t left her. That was preposterous; the only thing to do was to sit and wait for his return. But how long would that be? Had he realized how much he didn’t need her and left on his own?

“Bella?” a voice called, shaking her to her roots. Whipping around, she met Isaac’s gaze, but something was off.
His clothes, usually neat and tidy, were ripped and tattered, dirtied from mud and leaves, and sweat was dripping off his hair and face like a waterfall. His careful amber eyes were wide in fear.
“We have to go,” he said, sounding panicked.
“I don’t understand,” Bella protested as he grabbed her arm, pulling her along, “where are we going?!”
“Bella, I was wrong. We’re not safe here. We have to move!” he started up on a run, taking Bella with him. She could see his fear and soon it grew inside her as well.
The two ran in unison for minutes on end, Bella constantly looking behind her.
With a glance to the trees, she stopped in horror.
“We have to keep going!” Isaac pleaded, desperately trying to pull her along, but it was no use.
Her feet were glued to the floor, eyes fixated on the sight before her.
A large, black creature was standing in the woods far behind her with a back lurching high off it’s shoulders, and two long, thin spider’s legs jutting out of it’s curved body like the end of scissors. A stubby round head rose to the top of a dastardly long neck, two gleaming red eyes burning like hellfire. The worst of it all was it’s mile-long smile, etched into it’s face into a permanent sneer.
Isaac muttered a curse.
Bella, frozen in terror, let out a gasp as Isaac picked her up and ran behind a tree and spun her around, slamming her against the trunk. His large, sweaty palm covered her mouth as she whimpered in fear; he turned to look out into the woods, Bella’s eyes following.
She saw the creature limp slowly by, hideous body jostling with every step. Even though it’s bloodshot eyes were not moving, she could tell it was searching for the pair. She’d never felt so horrified. 
Slowly, but surely, the creature moved away, ebbing further into the woods.
As they lost sight of it, Isaac removed his hand from Bella’s face.
“What in god’s name was that?” she whispered, voice quivering; she wanted to scream, but the fear of the creature coming back for her shook her to her bones.
“I…” Isaac paused, inhaling deeply, before resuming his speech: “We have to get to Annecsen.”
CashCow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me