Talkativegrape's two short stories

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What story did you like best?

The Elites:Story One - Early Ages; Human perceptive
100%
The Elites:Story Two- Lone Female Warrior
No votes

Total votes : 1

Talkativegrape's two short stories

Postby .talkativegrape » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:26 am

Hey there(;

I see you have stumbled into my little writing corner. I hope you find it entertaining, if not breath taking. But, you my friend, will tell me if that is what these stories can even live up to.

The reason I am writing short stories is because if someone wanted to claim a story by me, all they had to do is copy and paste and voila! They "made" up that story I've been working on diligently. Therefore, if I make small stories and someone cops them, I will still murder you sweetie, but I won't break every bone in your little body. Side note: Not that I am paranoid...b:

I will call each story one/ story two, . These group of stories I will name the Elites.

Here is what I am planning to write for you to see my inner self expand to you;

The first one shall be in the early ages, human prespetive. Completed work
The second one will be viewing a lone female warrior's veiw. Completed Work

Good News: My writing, chosen by my teachers along with 10 other students, has been selected to go through "Scolastic Writing" to see if I get to hold a gold or silver key in my works.

Bad News: Because of this, I have become very paranoid about my works being stolen.
These works aren't very good, not the best of my ability, but I but say I'd rather not continue this project- just to be a bit safe.
Please feel free to whole-heartily enjoy what I've created for your enjoyment.

Thank you for reading or looking at what allowed you to see of me.
Last edited by .talkativegrape on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
.talkativegrape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story One - Early Ages; Human perceptive

Postby .talkativegrape » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:26 am

This is a COMPLETED story. Nothing more will be added to it. Thank you.

Her withered hands broke into the shattered glass of the gray waters. It foamed with bubbles, as a princess of Noctiva; a meeting was to be accomplished at noon.
Octavia’s hands came up from dripping wet bathwater and there was a drenched rag clenched in her hand. Its elegant shade of maroon was now darker than normal. She muttered for me to come out of the bath once she left the tub, an out the white door, with high luster of gold in the handle and grooves. She draped the rag over the edge of the tub and with a standing position she gave a curt nod and left the room.
I crawled out of the warm waters and instantly I shivered. The air was tart and cold, also quite bitter. That air instantly told my mind; ‘outside wasn’t very pleasant either’. I quickly grabbed a towel from the small bath behind me and let the towel’s brittle strands of string press into my body. Warmth is what I wanted. I stepped out of the tub and onto the white rug. I wiggled my toes; it felt very cozy and softer than the hairs of the towel. I crossed over the cold tile floors and opened the door to my closet. On the left side of the walk-In there was a set of dry cloths set out for me.
A white shirt hung over a golden chair in the beginning of my interminable closet. Simple, yet gauzy it was indeed! The small designs where on there where a light silver; silver as the tea pot that yearn the liquid I desired to warm my body. My pants were a prosaic light tan. There were small leather shoes for me, boots more like it. They had soft fur inside them to warm my toes considerably.
Once I was all dressed, I shut the closet door and let out a deep sigh. It clicks shut and I walk to the large, white door and opened it to where Octavia rooted. She held a tan pony-tail holder made out of strained grass, and a heavy golden brush.
She motioned me to the twin chair that was in my closet, she began to untangle my hair.
“To h-have such Purdy hair like y-yours, you can do just ‘bout any ’ting wit’ it. My hair is a scratchy rat’s nest!” Octavia croaked and laughed dryly.
Something hit my nose warmly and I perked up immediately. Water was flying everywhere from my silky hair. Strands of light brown hair tickled and itch my neck but I made no movement to get comfortable.
“Thank you, I assume your hair was silky as an Elk’s fine coat, once.” I remarked, with a slightly pleased tone.
Octavia stifled laughter and stopped combing my hair. She leaned down, close to my ear and I drank her sweet breath.
“Yes, once. When I-I was knee-high to a g-grasshopper, my hair was smoothly, glossy and I was Purdy! Now, I’m just an ole pinecone.” Octavia wheezed happily. She patted my shoulder kindly and sat stiffly up once more.
She continued to make my hair soft and the tickling-adding to the cold-eased down. She braided my hair down my back into my fish tale. It’s crossed hair, barely any stray hair left my complex braid. It suited me perfectly! My hazel eyes just made me every more pretty, when I turned to the mirror behind my Maid.
Octavia murmured for me to get up and turned my necklace-which I refused to take off-to where the shiny heart was facing upright.
I smiled and leaned to her and kissed her elderly cheek. Via’s eye where the diamond that needed to be added to my collection of crowns. Priceless and lovingly, she touched my hair with affection.
“Enjoy your afternoon.” I called as I swept out of the room. I heard her grunt, and trudge away in the other direction.
"May the mother of Asken be with us all."
Prince Rylan, my older brother was waiting for me. He had the exact cloths as I wore. I gazed at his light blue-eyes and his high cheek bone. He smiled, and it seemed like the whole room lifted up my heart. His blond hair was swept across his eyes some; he held a newly opened scroll. I peered down at it and arched an eye-brow.
“The page brought it to me, moments ago. He tells me it’s from one of your friends.” His mouth went flat once he gave it to me.
“I have a large desire of it being Kaytelynn. I told her to write me a letter while she was gone.” The scroll was warm and conferrable in my hands, and I began to slowly open it. In nicely curved handwriting, it was very small, yet, it pleased me. I looked at the parchment and tried to imagine Kate writing this in Greece. Rummaging this through my head, I read quietly;
My dearest,
I’ve arrived in Greece, and I am at a small market-place, while I’m writing this. Everyone is kind, some are pushy and the food is just splendid! One of my elegant white horses has a sprained ankle so we stopped by the doctor. Whitney, the horse, is so sweet! She nudged me away from an ant pile that I didn’t notice when I tried to visit her. I asked my father if I could take her in as my own once we leave and he say he will think about it! Imagine out adventures together when I get my own horses to ride out at midnight! She gobbles up apples and sugar cubes better that you, Shel! I wish I can write more, but I must be off. I’ll write to you soon, I miss you so! I’ll be back in ten days’ time.
-Duchess Kaytelynn
P.S. remember, give your brother a whack on the head, for writing to me. I’m tired of those long, scribbly letters! A blind peasant man can tell he favors me.

I laughed a whole-heartedly, and smiled at Rylan. He had already read the letter beforehand, but he was still blushing.
“Are you trying to entice my friend, Prince Rylan?” I curtsied in a mocking way, and my brother glared at me. He had a while until he matured enough to even be regal to be king-if he got that far.
Rylan’s face turned beet-red as he snatched the scroll up, telling me not to tell anyone. I nagged him for a bit longer until King Ramon came in. My brother’s face went back to his normal tan.
“Good afternoon.” We bowed and walked to him, Rylan and I’s foot paces where duplicates as we walked in sinc.
“Hello!” Our King laughed a laugh much deeper than mine, and he bowed dramatically. Our father has been through vivid ordeal deaths, from Grandmother, to his first Wife-Duchess Frolka. But now, no man could tell his times use to be in melancholy.
“We will enjoy our lunch, soon. With Me, Queen Karoline, Queen Clornea, Duke Nazmen, Duchess Marath, you two and Prince Floyd.” We gave him a very turmoil look, so he quickly explained himself.
“Queen Clornea is the Queen of the Far-away kingdom. Her kingdom is placed in a Valley, yonder here. It took her four days just to attend this Lunch! It’s much smaller than ours. Clornea’s husband is ill, so he is at home taking care of their palace, Krujat. They are our allies for a while, and Duke Nazmen, Duchess Martha, is the Duke and Duchess of Krujat Valley.” Father ended breathlessly, and he looked for any signs of more confusing on our faces. He smiled and walked to the Lunch room with us jogging after him.
Lights brightened the room, the polished floor seemed slippery and oily from is shinny wood. I could almost see my own reflection, a tall girl, with nicely tan skin, dapples of freckles-
“Father, where we suppose to where these cloths?” Rylan asked, disturbing my well-thoughts. As we neared our endlessly long table, the guests were talking loud enough for the others to here.
Our table’s handicraft grooves where calming as a sea’s waves, yet small and it provided texture. My shoulders dropped some and my eye-lids felt heavy, and stony.
Dad’s sharp voice awakened me from not sleep-walking.
“Yes! Today, we want to look unformed so we can go through the market all together without causing attractions.”
“I’m sorry, I guessed -“
“That’s alright my dear boy.” Mother’s voice was clear as she stood up to indicate everyone else to do the same. The chairs slightly scratched the nice floor, but I bowed with my trio I was walking with. Guest sat down a moment later once we began to trot to our seats.
I took my place next to a lady with a green shirt with blue jewels and gray pants, cuffed around the edge. The shirt seemed stiff and scratchy; I breathed out my relief of not wearing that.
She had a kind, pale face, soft and relaxed. Her hair was in a high pony-tail, and she wore a slim layer of make-up. It ached my neck to view her, she was much taller than me, as I was very short.
“Hello, my darling, I’m the Duchess of Krujat. My name is Duchess Martha, but you may call me just Martha.” She must have seen my amazement since her face ignited into a smile
“You’re almost a woman; you may call me by my first name, yes?” Hints of amusement flashed in her eyes.
“Yes, Ma’am, thank you. My name is Princess Shelieana, of Noctiva.”
“Yes, yes, I’ve heard much about you. You have a great family; I hope you do cherish them!” She remarked nicking my chin.
“I already do!” I exclaimed, and noticed she was teasing. I smiled at her, and began to laugh with Martha own high tinkling one. We broke off into silence to study our surroundings.
My suddenly began shoulders relaxed steadily- I didn’t realize I was flexing them. I rubbed them before placing my hands in my lap gently.
A small movement of light and a small amount of dark was directly above me. I glanced up at the delicate glass chandelier, just to see if it was swaying slightly, caching the light. The silver wear sparkled everywhere, and when the sun hint the utensils directly, it showed dancing lights on our ceilings.
‘Eh hem.’ Voice as clear as water spoke from the fair end of the never-ending table. As my eyes reached the voice’s source I smiled. My Queen had a poster of high Authority, and her eyes drifted to each one of her guest swiftly.
‘I presume, you all had met each other?’ nervous glances zipped around the room, and fell on my mother.
‘I am Queen Karoline, and these are my Children; Prince Floyd-’ She gestured with her left hand to Floyd.
My oldest brother pushed back his chair and smiled at everyone. His almond eyes were relaxing, his head was in prefect angle to see the freckles on the bridge on his nose. He winked at me, and sat back down, his hair drifting in his eyes.
‘Prince Rylan-‘

Rye Stood up with a crooked smile and rosy cheeks like he was laughing. He had on an odd facial expression, and it was hard to read his thought by his face. The soft brown shirt he wore was made with elaborate wrinkles and folds in the fabric. The elegance was draped over his thin body that fit well. The youngest prince sat down, mimicking his older brother. Floyd took no notice, and I smiled. He was utterly clueless.
‘ Sheliean?’
I groaned silently, Karoline must of called my name, but I was too busy looking at my brothers. ‘Now, look who’s clueless’ I thought and stood up. My father sat on my right, and on the head of the table. A man I didn’t know accompanied my King, and next to him sat my two brothers sat side-by side. One other thick man was sneering, next to Floyd. My mother still stood in her pale yellow dress with a white sash like mine. Next to her on my side of the table was a fine lady dressed in a pale purple dress with ruffles at the sleeves. In her hair was a pined daisy. No sash. The daisy-haired women nodded to me and I did a small smile back, and plumped down in my seat.
‘And our guest-Duchess Martha’
The Duchess of Krujat was nodding to each person, but when she came across the man next to my oldest brother, she wrinkled her nose.
Odd, the sneering man must be rivals with her country.
My father was introduced next, and so was the man who sat by my father. He was Duchess Martha’s husband, and yet then looked completely different then her. Duke Shulman had wavy black hair including penetrating blue eyes. He had on a hunter’s outfit, complete with a sturdy leather belt, and a bow that rest on the floor with quivers.
The sneering man was named Prince Gull, who had four rings on his left hand. He slumped in his chair with a chubby arm around the chair. One of his legs hung over the chair and his unoccupied hand was in his stubbly chin. A small gasp went around the room.
The Prince of Scanka was showing the upmost sign for disgrace in my country.
Seething, I glared at him and jut my chin out. He has smoldering brown eyes that hardened and cracked like brown ice. It freighted me, and I turned away and pretended to gaze somewhere else. Shivering from the cold and scared, I frowned. Gull of Kingdom Scanka grunted in amusement and went back to his sneering.
Mother had peered at him and quickly introduced the last lady. Queen Clornea, Queen of Julnica.
‘Let the Dinner began!’ Queen of Noctiva exclaimed and sat down.
Waiters flowed in from the doors with a grim expression. They carefully placed down the food and surged away. I grabbed the first dish and lifted the lid. Warmth flowed from every side of it, and wetness of juice was on it. I offered some to Duchess Martha and she turned to me and looked down.
‘Darling, I’m into Chicken not ham! This chicken is cooked to perfection, so no, but thanks.’ She remarked kindly.
Smiling, I sliced myself a fair amount. As I lift it out of the platter, accidently dropped some lettuce on the floor. Sir Gull murmured into Prince Floyd’s ear and my brother gave me a wry look. I snorted and felt warmth on my ear, and wished I wasn’t so cold.
‘Don’t trust that scoundrel Prince Gull. His mother and Sister are just as bad. They have no belief in anything but how to offend us-‘
The Duchess of Krujat broke off and strained to sit properly.
A maid in a black dress and a white lace apron raised her eyebrows. “Tea?”
“Yes, herbal please, and warm water.’ I said quickly and lowered my eyes.
“Sugar or milk?” she asked and leaned down.
“Milk, please.” I still didn’t look at the maid. Looking up after I heard receding footsteps I gazed at my new friend.
‘He just wants battle to claim his throne, I bet.’ She finished and looked at her Ice water.
I grunted and shoveled food as politely as I could into my mouth, once my tea came to me.
Warm.

Once the food was cleared a steading tapping was on the roof. Robbers? Was there someone trying to brake in? I looked desperately at my Queen, but she just shrugged.
I shivered and pushed that thought away.
‘We will now go look for presents for you all. We are going to our village.’
Suddenly, the door opened and I flinched, terrified. But it was only a page I knew well, Page Joena. He was urgently talking to my mother and then scurried out of the room. He closed the doors with ease and I settled in my chair.
“Well, change of plans. It raining-‘I let out a loud sigh of relief and prayed to the Mother of Asken. Thank you for watching over me and Noctiva. I closed my eye and quietly said the ancient tongue of Noctiva a few words.
When I opened my eyes, I noticed everyone was laughing. Had I missed a joke? I caught everyone eyes quickly and realized they were giggling at me. I was about to say a few words in defense when Father raised his hand for everyone to stop. Knitting my eye brows together, I smiled weakly.
‘When you’re quite done being paranoid, your Mother would like to finish.’
Stifling laugher, the Queen on Noctiva continues with small hiccups.
‘So, tonight, my cooks will provide each of your kingdoms our best treats. While your carriages arrive in the next half-hour, go ahead and talk.’
Catching Duchess Martha’s eye, we scoot back our chairs and recede away from the shiny table.
My new friend carries a glass full of ice water and switches it from hand to hand. Trying to start a conversation, I look her strait in the eye.
‘My friend is visiting Tulsa-Mia in your country. Her name is Kaytelynn, Kaytelynn Hurka. Have you seen her?’
Martha beamed at me, and smiled two hands on her glass of water.
‘Shelieana, do you think I go around looking for every visitor? No. These people in a work shop do that.’
A voice deep and arrogant cut through the air, along with clanking of metal.
‘You see, she doesn’t want to do work so she hands it down to the people below her. And they do that to the commoners, so they work on it painstakingly. The Head of Krujat is just pure slackers.’
The Duchess turned bright red and turned to the voice. It was Prince Gull with his sword at his side. Scarlet, she began to talk and slowly her cheeks lost their color.
‘No-you see, they need money, so they-‘Her words zigzagged along each other, making my fellow companion nervous.
Smirking he laughed loudly. The whole of the guest all turned their attention to Prince Gull, as he began to speak to Duchess Martha.
‘A likely story, I’ve heard your place is a ruin. You’re just a poor person taking other's hard-earned money.’
The crowd gave a small gasp and stared at The Duchess of Krujat with penetrating eyes.
Her water glass gave a groan, as she clenched it with white knuckles.
‘At least she doesn’t have to buy her way in,’ the words escaped from my mouth before I could shove them back in.
From one look around the room, I know I’ve gone too far.
Gull step sides Martha and stops near me. The Prince shoves a chubby figure in my face and turned a bright red.
‘I wonder what your parents will do, when you see yourself known as an ungrateful little brat!’ Our argument erupts quickly once I see his evil eyes.
Spittle flew from his mouth, near me. I had an urge in my stomach to run away, but I held my ground. Trying to show fear I give a false laugh.
‘I do too! We have so much in common.’ I remark as The Scanka prince turns purple. Veins throb in his small neck, and his beetle eyes glinting.
Glass brakes and I look over his shoulder to see Duchess Martha mopping up the water glass she broke.
Screaming in furry, he launched glass at me from the floor. When I barley dodge it, I spot my father shooing everyone away and Prince Floyd advance on Prince Gull. Floyd pulls out a small dagger he keeps under his long hunter shirt for these ‘special occasions’
I feel my heart beat as I am myself being shoved from behind. I look up to see the maid who had brought me tea had shoved me down and ducked down to join me, as Gull snatched his real sword from his belt.
And then I see something that makes my heart stop.
The Prince had backup and the attackers had broken the window in the dining room. There was already a plan to attack our kingdom tonight. I just made it happen sooner. The screaming guest ran out of the dining room, awakening our guards.
Prince Floyd was fighting with Prince Gull. My brother jabbed at him, and Gull step sided. With a mighty slash of his sward he cut my brother’s ribs.
Floyd’s creamy shirt became scarlet.
With my guards running in their armor at the surprise attackers, Rylan was fighting two supporters of Gull. My father was at his side, and my mother was running with the guest, and the Tea Maid.
An attacker with auburn hair sudden grabbed me by my arms hulled me up onto his back and started to run to the window. I smacked him as hard as I could but the red haired attacker laughed. Then I bit his hand and I got free of his grasp and rolled onto the floor again. Feeling something snap, I heard my wrist brake.
I felt panic rise up in my chest as my vision blurred. Heat surrounded me, my cloths was torn, and I was frightened more than ever.
Among the screaming voiced I could feel the attackers driving the castle guards back. As my vision cleared I slithered out of the way of dancing feet.
The nearest one was fighting Duke Shulman aggressively, and I nocked my feet on the attacker’s back ankle.
Shulman’s opponent fell to the ground as I made my feet curl up near me.
The supported rolled out of the way of the Duke’s sword as it clashed near him. Shuffling to his feet, the attacker ran out the window and fell .Turning away from the scene I closed my eyes and cradled my wrist.
Sleep…sleep…
The Duke grabbed my hard roughly and I yelled as the glass cut up my legs.
With a bearing sensation filling up my whole body I let out a blood curling scream.
I felt cold as soon as I was dragged out of the room. He dropped me on the floor, and ran back into the arena.
With difficulty, I let myself up and tried to run away. Gasping, my legs failed me and I returned to the floor. My wrist was throbbing with pain now, and I wished for the screams of rage to stop. No caring for the scarlet pool of blood spreading around my legs, making me feel sticky, I began to close my eyes again.
Sleep…sleep…
Pushing a thought of the Mother of Asken abandoning me, I tiredly move my head to rest more comfortable.
I let the drone of voices’ merge out of my mind, and let the dim light become black.
Last edited by .talkativegrape on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
.talkativegrape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story Two- Female Warrior

Postby .talkativegrape » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 am

This is a COMPLETED story. Nothing more will be added to it. Thank you.

"Jace."
"Mhham"
"Jace, get your butt up."
Silence.
"Jace. Up. Now."
Luis smiled and placed ice down her back. Her reaction was like a squirrel's tail on fire.
"Damn you, Luis!" Jace leaped from her bunker her dagger drawn, her hazel eyes smoldering. Luis was rolling on the floor with hysterical fits of laughter.
Seething, Jace aimed a kick for Luis' head.
"Don't you dare do that again." Jace growled, hovering the dagger threateningly over Luis as he aided his bruise.
He got up, and did a mock bow. "Of course, your highness."
Jace smiled a bit, and touched his forehead were he supported a green injury. "I am not a morning person."
Luis only nodded and returned a slim smile as he watched her tuck the dagger into her left leather boot.
"And to brunch we go."
Jace winced as the full light of the afternoon sun bared down on her. Jace closed her eyes and consecrated on her sense of smell. She smelled burning birch wood for fire and fresh mint leaves. And...what is this? Moist air?
Snapping her eyes open she called to a figure near the fire, leaving Luis behind her, "Hey, do you sense that? The moist air?"
Karmen looked up to see Jace in her signature maroon tunic and black pants. Beckoning Jace over, she scooped up four eggs on a wooden plate and honey suckle "juice" in a small stone cup. "About time you got up."
Jace took the food and sat a while off on a decaying log. Luis sat on the log beside Jace, their shoulders brushing. She studied Karmen for a moment, and then look at her food. After she finished her eggs, Jace opulently asked again.
"I do. I guess you are tried of living off honey suckle juice?" Karmen crossed her legs and placed her hands in her lap.
Jace waved the cup in front of her face before drinking it down.
"We need to find water."
"I know."
Jace impatiently glared at Karmen and looked for Luis for help. He only shrugged and shoveled his last warm egg into his mouth.
"Rhett and Barven already left to scout around for water. The water is up East. They went that way." Karmen pointed over Jace's head and smiled lightly.
"Why don't you two go help them, I'll be find here. Skye will help out what will be tended to.” Considering this for a moment, Jace looked at Luis for confirmation.
“They’ll be fine. Lets go get ready.”
Thanking Karmen for the meal, she threw her plate into the metal wash bucket and went into her tent as Luis went to his.
Jace began to change quickly into a dark blue shirt and long brown pants. She switched into her hunting boots, a dark brown leather with a built in pocket for her dagger. Jace laced up her boots, and applied her deadly dagger into place. She slung her bow over her shoulder with her low-key quiver that help twenty arrows. Jace grabbed four large hunks of beef jerky, a huge cow-hide water bottle that held honey suckle juice, a compass, ointment for burns and scratches and cloth bandages and put them into a grass pouch that would be slung over her horse.Weaving a belt of colorful beads on her waist, Jace applied a sheathed large sword and left her tent.
Jace walked over to Karmen who just finished cleaning the dishes.
“Can you do my hair?” Jace asked
Only nodding Kamen backed up so Jace could sit in frount of her. Weaving Jace’s dark brown hair through nimble fingers, Karmen styled Jace’s hair into a fishtail. Jace thanked Karmen as they said good bye.
“Be careful, here is what you and Louis need need to keep on you. Be safe.” Karmen handed Jace two small leather pouches.
“They contain a small amount of The juice, a slab of beef jerky and irritation ointment.”
Jace hugged Karmen and whispered thank you into her short blonde hair.
“Your horses are saddeled up.” Karmen replied as Jace turned away.
“Thank you” Luis appeared out of his tent and addressed Karmen..” We will be back tonight, if we don’t get distracted. If we do, I’ll send someone to tell you we are busy.”
Jace and Luis walked about down the hill they camped on and went to the side of it. There was seven post and five horse stood tied to them. Jace’s horse, Rhapsody, stood quietly and was aloof from most of the horses. She always admired his determation and stubborn ways. “Hey boy.” He was already equipt with a sadle and reins. Jace placed the grass pouch on Rhapsody’s back and untied him from the pole. The horses immediately step-sided ; as Jace passed Lois and his black mare, Zara, she called to him.
“Oh, I almost forgot. Here is your carry-on.” Jace handed over a small leather pouch with an apologetic smile.
“Thank you.” Without looking at her, he grabbed the pack and lead his horse to the clearing at the very base of the hill.
They mounted their horses, and places the pack in between their legs. “Let’s ride.”
Sprruing her Auburn steed, Jace left the camp behind and headed east with Luis’ horse in step with her own. ***
As it was turning dusk, Jace and Luis found water after the silent journey. The horses, without being spurred by their owners, accelerated to the large lake. They lapped up the water, and Luis and Jace let them have a short break. Dismounting thier horses, the couple bit off the beef jerky and filled the cow-hides full of water.
"Were are they? They should be here." Jace wondered aloud after silence.
Luis shrugged.
Jace and Luis saddened up their horses after about half and hour. and countiued scouting for their friends.
"Were the hell are they?" Luis cried in exasperation after the moon started to come up.
"Behind you." Wish a screech of alarm from a un-identified voice, Luis un sheathed his bow and Jace brought up her arrow.
There, directly behind them, was Rhett and Barven patting their horses.
With a surge of annoyance and angery, Jace spat at them and urged her horse to come nose to nose with Rhett's horse. The horses huffed and tried to bite each other at this close realtion. Ignoreing them, Jace had her arrow directed at Rhett's unprotected chest. Barven's grin was wipped off his face and her grought up his own arrow to turn on Jace. Luis pointed his sword at Barven's throat.
No body moved.
"How long, you little rat, have you been watching us find you?"
The horses feet clopped in annoyance in answer.
"How long?" Jace repeated threw gritted teeth.
Rhett sighed
"Just now. We were going to scare you by scaring your horses from behind. I swear."
Jace did not leave her arrow pointed at his heart
"Yeah-" Barven begun
"Shut up! DO you realize if you were captured by someone, you'd leave trace to the camp? You were not at the water hole. Were were you?"
"We went hunting. See?" Rhett turned around on his horse and grabbed half a dozen geese's necks from his side pouch.
"Don't you do that again." Jace backed up her horse and removed the arrow.
A chorus of voices went up. "Yes, your highness"
Jace ignored the mocking voices and left to turn back to the water hole, and she calculated she should be at the waterhole before midnight.
They rode in silence for a while, Jace in the lead. She was murmering soothingly to her horse, feeding him sugar cubs that she kept in a pocket for him.
Luis rode evenly with her, and Rhett and Barven silently trailed behind.
“You know, you don’t have to get mad about everything.”
His blue eyes rested gently on her hazel ones, and sighed.
“I have not met a day were you have been totally calm.”
Jace still said nothing. She was stroking Rhapsody’s mane with care, running her fingers down his neck.
“There is never a reason for me to be absolutely tame, Luis.”
Luis smiled and said “ Just because we are the rebels and have millions of dollars priced on our head, you could just learn to live, learn to be-“
“And what use would that be?” Jace’s voice was deadly quiet. “It will just crush my dreams.”
Luis scoffed “You’ve never lived to have fun.”
Jace was close to slapping him across the face. How dare he, after she had saved each and every one of her Rebel Amry mebers life again and again, be an ungreatful brat? Jace couldn’t help but notice that, she too had not gone a day without exploding.
Jace glared at Luis “If I save your pretty little face one more time, you will not ever talk to me to that again.”
Luis only arched his eyebrows “I have no doubt you will save me, heroine.”
For some reason, this rubbed Jace the wrong way. Jeering Rhapsody to cut directly across the walking space of Zara, Jace was nose to nose with Luis.
“Then be thankful.”
Pulling on the horses reins she left Luis pondering about her attitude. When he came even with her again, Jace spurred Rhapsody so she was always in frount of Luis. Luis did not pester or challenge Jace at all.
As the lake came into view, Jace began ordering around.
“Hey, Rhett go gather firewood, please. It will be a bit chilly tonight.”
Only nodding, Rhett headed into the nearby woods, alone.
“Place your horses by the lake, take off everything but the saddles. “ Jace instructed doing so herself.
Luis and Barven did as told. As Luis left to find a good spot to sleep on, Barven wandered up to her.
“Jace, I am sorry about startling you. I promise not to ever do it again.” Barven’s almond eyes were round with worry. His black hair, an untidy mess, made him look pitiful and apologetic. His young age of thirteen didn’t help Jace holding a grudge on him, either.
Jace waved her hand “It’s fine. Now we are sleeping on the ground, so go eat your beef jerk and go to sleep. We will get up just before dawn.”
Jace and Barven walked twaord Luis and helped set up camp.
The horses were left to themselves, without anything tied to them. They lapped up the water greatfully, and as they were settling down, Rhett came into view.
He held many sticks and two starter stones for the campfire on the back of his horse.
Dropping the supplies right next to Jace, who came up to greet him, he took everything from his horse and lead her next to Rhapsody.
Arms over flowing from the timber wood, Jace staggered to the grassey area for a fire. They had dug a hole in the ground already, and set to work on the fire.
Jace got her grass pack behind her, and was able to wear gloves for warmth.
After the fire was roaring, the team settled down. Jace took the four hour watch- the time they would sleep, and looked at the stars.
About two hours from dawn, the horses became restless. Jace felt vibrations in the ground.
Feeling panic swell up inside her, Jace called to her team.
“Luis get up!”
Luis, with a sword in hand leaped to his feet, swaying slightly.
“What is it?-“ He felt the vibration.
Thump thump thump
“Rhett! GET UP! Barven UP UP UP!” He roared.
Both boys sprang to their feet, each whit a weapon in hand. Jace grabbed Barven by hsi shirt and threw him tward the horses.
“Take my horse and run to Karmen. Get her out the them! Go now!” Jace barked
Barven, eyes wide with fear, did at told and was out of the lake in less then ten seconds.
Thump thump thump
“Get ready-arrows POISED!”
The trio brought up their arrows. The enemy came into sight.
Jace’s heart dropped.
Ten men on horses, were coming full speed ahead. For them.
They recognized them as the Rebels.
Jace, in a wild world of thinking, grabbed hot coals and threw them at one horse.
With a surprised scream, the horse and rider tumbled over. The horse rolled ontop of the rider.
Jace couldn't help but think, "How unformulated."
She threw them at two more horses, one did the same thing the other just bucked of the rider.
The riders raied their arrows and shot. Jace dodged all but one that cut across her.
She fired two of her own, killing them both.
THUMP THUMP THUMP
The horses were inches away-she sprung inbetween some and dead legs the horses with the sturdy part of her bow.
"Were is he?! Where is Luis?!" The thought hit her as a man with mavolent eyes came at her with a sword. He swang at her head-Jace did a back bend and kicked him in the face, on the temple. Unconscious.
And then suddenly.
Everything stopped.
Jace turned around, sward ready.
Rhett appeared into view, with the rest of the men on horses behind Rhett. Luis was kneeling to Jace, with a sword at his throat.
"Luis!" Jace ran to him, only to be shot by an area that was barly dodged.
Rhett had tried to shoot her.
"Rhett!"
"'Rhett!'" He mimicked and the army of men laughed.

The evidence that bore into her eyes slowly sunk in. Rhett watched her, as she glared at him.
“That’s what you did. In the woods. Let them know we were her.” Jace said quietly
“Clever girl” Rhett replied, his eyebrows arched. “You know, I thought you’d pick up sooner.”
“RUN! JACE RUN!” Luis cried, his blue eyes trying to stare into the hazel eyes.
“No. So, what does it cost, for me to let my friends live?” Jace was thinking of a way to get away, not be found, poor Barven, she thought, I hope he lives.
“Nothing, My dear. You will be dead soon anway. But. I have a compromise to offer.”
Dead silence.
“Kill Luis and I won’t go after anyone else. But you will be killed.”
Jace closed her eyes. She would be able to save five people, but lose….nothing. Good offer…but kill Luis?
“That’s impossible, I can’t kill him. But we will all die anyway…but no. Wait.” An idea struck her mind like lighting.
She opened her eyes and said
“I will kill him.”
Luis stared destretly into the eyes that finally reached him.
“I will kill him”
She walked to Luis, and Rhett took a step back. Rhett singled for all the men to have their bows ready.
“I will kill him.”
She looked at Luis’ forehead. The bruise was covered. Perfect.
“Please…”Luis whispered, still kneeling.
It’s common knowledge that you can kill a person with a hit in the head if hard enough. Rhett had seen her kill grown men like this.
“Save me.” Luis lied on the ground.
All she had to do was kick Luis unconscious right on the bruise. It would look like that kick she gave him killed Luis because the size the bruise will swell up to. He would go limp. Sadly, he would more than likely have a concussion when he woke up.
“Jace”
If it looked like he was dead, only she would be killed. But she would be able to squeeze out of six men’s grasp…right?
The men watched as the “death blow” came.
She looked strait at Luis. She kelt down and kissed him. Jace stood up and looked directly at Luis.
“Ice.” She told him, hoping he would later understand, forgive. She aimed a kick stairt at his temple.
Luis fell to the ground.
Last edited by .talkativegrape on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am, edited 19 times in total.
.talkativegrape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News-Attention.

Postby .talkativegrape » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 am

Good News: My writing, chosen by my teachers along with 10 other students, has been selected to go through "Scolastic Writing" to see if I get to hold a gold or silver key in my works.

Bad News: Because of this, I have become very paranoid about my works being stolen.
These works aren't very good, not the best of my ability, but I but say I'd rather not continue this project- just to be a bit safe.
Please feel free to whole-heartily enjoy what I've created for your enjoyment.

Thank you for reading or looking at what allowed you to see of me.

News: I got a gold key and my writing goes to New York for nationals.
Last edited by .talkativegrape on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
.talkativegrape

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me