The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Year!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Ye

Postby ede » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Finshed my Balancing the Books challenge!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge

Postby sheepuns » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:58 pm

bohemia wrote:
    for the "no linearts and no color ins" rule, these can't count as my avatars even if they were 100x100 right?
    -snip-
    sorry that they're so large ^.^

the base lines are custom for me by furbywiki, first one's ear edits and coloring was done by Scarlet Janefox and the second ear/color was also done by furbywiki.

i'm ordering these of all of my characters for an organizational aspect regardless of whether or not they count, it just would be convenient if they did ^.^

just wanting to make sure i understand exactly what the rules are saying. thanks! <3

I would say that they don't count because they don't all show the personality of the characters. Still, they are very cute colour ins!

Jay-a-Ray wrote:Any additional questions or information:

Question! If I ending up making a new character for a story or role play, could I add it to this competition?

Of course you can! Feel free to include any characters you'd like!

@Coyoteclaw11 Ooh, those reference sheets look amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your characters on them! And yes, that would indeed count as a snapshot because it's quite the original pose and does show character (and a lot of it I might add!)

@Lioness626 Ooh, congrats on being halfway done on your Keeper challenge. That must have been a lot of hard work!

@ede Ooh, nicely done! Congrats on completing the Balancing the Books challenge!

------------------
As for me, I've also managed to get all characters I'm using (not including retired CS species) onto the same toyhou.se!
✔ - Character Keeper

And as for Balancing the Books, I'm almost done too. I'm deciding to also add an additional section as to how much the additional art cost because why not pfff. The basic bios are also coming to work too!

I also revamped a design I got from caspurs because I need less dogs and more sheep! So here is a full reference and a Basic Bio for Gala, now called Snowdrop!

A stupendously serious girl who will slay for flowers. Literally. She mantains a cultist secret flower society that create secret messages using floriography, or flower language. In public, she's meek and mild mannered, never speaking unless spoken too and always giving a small cutesy smile. If you were to go to her flowershop (Named Cute & Cultivate: Her cult's codename is CUT(e) & CULTI(vate), and the discarded letters make the word evate, which means to raise or lift something up. She says this title is coincedience) she'll seemingly greet you warmly and hand you a free a columbine flower (a flower who's meaning means 'fool').

Galanthus Nivalis is the scientific word for the snowdrop flower. She is called Snowdrop when she's running her store, but prefers Galanthus Nivalis (or Gala if you prefer) when in company of her cult.
artshopdesign shopdAocs - sheepuns @ TH
ava: wyrd - siggy: kessler
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:52 am

I finished the "Character Keeper" quest, they are all sorted into my Sta.sh here!

One challenge down!
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioness626 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:52 am

If we do a tag and it shows the personality, does this count for both?
Chuakos
Deviant Art
Characters
Commissions
Coding

Lioness626

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 am

Super happy with this snapshot I drew for Snicket! Still working on his personality and stuff so this was really helpful to get so ideas going - haven't worked out the exact mechanics but am planning on him being a vampire (hence 'Death for Dummies' and the large coverage his clothes provide) - he wears a lot of suncream on his face so he can still enjoy reading outdoors
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm

All characters have been moved to my sta.sh!

3/73
Detailed description, Personality Pro, and Basic bio done... so far away but it is some progress
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea! » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Username:

tea!

How many characters do you own? :

51 | tier 2 |

What challenge(s) will you be attempting? :

character keeper | plan to store all characters on toyhou.se

tag, you're it! | will update with a link to stash

ready to reference | will update with a link to stash

basic bio | will be seen on toyhou.se

Any additional questions or information:

nope c: !

auld lang syne

art above by fiskko @ da

tea!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Pirate Dragon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm

I finally finished the Character Keeper challenge! I've been working on it for a while now so I'm glad it's finally done. My next one to work one is short description (with an occasional short scenario and snapshot).

Also, I'm looking for someone to proofread a short scenario! It's... actually pretty long (2,000 words). I wrote it last year but did a bunch of editing and would love some basic feedback on how it flows. PM me if interested!
I'm not really active here anymore. Please don't ask for my pets or OCs!
The Pirate Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Just finished Character keeper challenge, finally got all my characters listed into one st.ash group..lol

But I just did this adorable piece for my boy Namor. When I normally get art of him its just a side view of him standing and nothing else..so I really wanted to get a piece with him moving and showing some of his personality, as the challenge says, haha.

Even with him being in a wheel chair he is a happy go lucky guy who loves to run and play.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inkyy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 am

Username: inkyy
    How many characters do you own? [and what tier does that place you in]: 16 so tier 1
    What challenge(s) will you be attempting?: "Balancing the Books" "Basic Bio" "Tag, You're It" "Fifty Faces" "A Hundred Avatars" "Ready to Reference"
    Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: http://sta.sh/0172aeli20q8
    Any additional questions or information: [If you are recycling/counting old art pieces (ie, tags you already have ordered) or writing (that you do not intend to edit) PLEASE let us know here along with the count of HOW MANY PIECES you already have towards your goal. Please feel free to include any other information you feel is pertinent as well!]
    "Tag, you're it" Already had 5 (inky)(bai)(trance)(Ophelia)(eos)
    "fifty faces" Already had 4 (oph)(bai)(inky)(alou)
    "A hundred avatars" Already had 6 (val)(eos)(alou)(trance)(julia)(oph)
    "ready to ref" Already had 11
    (ignore the stuff in brackets, thats for me xD)

auld lang syne

live long and prosper!
pfp by millionfish

inky / they / adult
toyhouse flight rising
trade thread
inkyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes