Time spent 58 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Smaragd

Postby Half Tree » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:33 am

Ahhh, I can still barely process that he's mine. <33

https://un1996ice.wixsite.com/halftreekals

Smaragd - archaic for green gemstone, i.e. emerald
    He is set in a medieval fantasy world, with lots of lore that I haven't gotten around to writing down. cx

These otes are probbaly not going to be in any particular order right now. I mostly type stuff up as the ideas come to me and won't organize everything until I move his info fully to a an offsite page. xP
    Feel free to PM me here or DM me on Discord (Half Tree #6493) if you want to HC! c:

.....He is actually a dragon who has been cursed to roam as a man, after shape changing in front of a particularly ornery mage. The mage jealous that he could not learn this form decided to punish the beast's hubris.
    .....Not only is he stuck as a man but he has no ability to feel the magic that fuels his changing, which has been an integral part of himself for millennia. He spends all of his time trying to learn a way to regain his form.
    .....Over the 700 years that he has lived as a man he has become more akin to one. His personality and behaviours still fall into the realm of his dragon mind but he is learning to feel more on the scale (heh) of compassion and empathy.
    .....The only remnants he has left of his massive hoard of wealth are the decorations still adorning his body. Compliments on them are a good way to earn a few moments of his time, though taking too much interest will turn him suspicious and guarded. As a dragon he had stored some of his changing powers into the metal, leaving them perpetually warm to the touch. He believes they'll be the most important piece into breaking the curse.

.....The first few hundred years as a human he was a mercenary/assassin, hiring himself out to take out his frustrations on the unsuspecting humans. He became greatly feared as the Demon of Ulgon, and legends are still spoken of his past. He left the continent of Ulgon after 260 years. Too many people were starting to recognize him and his vanity kept him from being willing to change his outward appearance.
    .....He passed through the plains of Wittith for half a century raiding the small isolated farmers he'd stumble across for food and water as needed. He stole a horse at one point but not knowing much in the care for the animal he ran it to an early grave. He fought a number of plains cats, or lions, as the locals called them. He learned quickly that he didn't like this area and continued through to Drasmin.
    .....In Drasmin he spent about 130 years learning the ways of humans, he started to use the money he'd stored up to purchase things rather than steal. It was not an easy function to get used to, being so accustomed to storing his wealth and just taking what he wanted. After meeting a thief with no hands he decided not to try his luck in the crowded cities. He buys rent at various places and started spending a lot of time seeking out witches and mages. His fury couldn't break the curse so its time to try it another way.
    .....In the last 250 years or so that he's spent trying to break the curse he has made some unlikely friends, and made some slight progress within himself. He has even purchased a nice manor to store all the books, scrolls, items, and artifacts that he has collected. The house was favorable to him as it came with a large fully stocked library, since the previous owner had died and seen to it in his will that the books go with the house.
    .....Smaragd has had a few individuals that he can call friends, whom he'll allow to stay in his home in the guest rooms anytime they pass through or visit. His oldest friend recently had a falling out with him over something ridiculous, but Smaragd has lived long as both man and beast, things like 'love' are not his problem anymore.

Still a massive work in progress on his story but this is what I have so far.

human form:
    muscularly built, a bit on the short side; not enough to be considered a midget but certainly shorter than the average man (this is a sensitive topic for him), mid-dark bronzed skin tone, his ears have a slight point compared to an average human giving him a half-elf appearance, black hair with a natural emerald sheen to it (he adds bright green to it himself), he has some scars from his years as a warrior though much less than an average human should have after centuries of battles, the white marking on his cheek is a magical brand left by the mage to curse him, mostly faded now but still noticeable, being as old as he is his outward appearance looks like a healthy man in their late 30s

(please do not post. ^^)

#43ce81
    #0e6448
    #183c34
    #17201e
    #0c0e0e
    #d8fcfe
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery