Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 59 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Songrem - Spring Festival - Prompts

Postby Sixbane » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am

Main Thread I Fanclub I Species info

Ticket shop and bank!
Check here for any tickets or items you've won, or purchasing items! I will update as I go, please let me know of anything wrong.

Main event page I Event prompts I Event games I Event adopts

This event is now closed!

Past prompts
Day 1!
Songrems are creative creatures who love to come up with their own unique traditions! What tradition does your songrem celebrate for each year's spring festival? Is it a family tradition or just something they picked up?

Day 2
Songrems are social little ones, who like spending time with others-whether they be songrem or human or any other species! Especially during springtime, they find comfort in the friendship of the commonplace starflies that make themselves at home during the event!
Who is your songrem spending time with this season?

Day 3!
Songrems have melodies that play through their horns- creating quite a noisy but musical environment at the festival! Each song attracts starflies- who are quite friendly towards the bigger and fluffier beasts. How does your songrem feel about them? Do they find them annoying bugs- play with them and let them braid their fur? Chase them and mistake them for food?
Day 4
As the seasons change, songrems not only enjoy the current one- but like to think about how their previous year went. What was your songrem's favorite experience in the winter, or least favorite? Do they miss the cold weather or are they looking forward to summer?

Day 5
With each year, songrems may look forward to sharing their stories around the various campfires at the festival. What story are they telling this year? Is it something truthful-or just something fun they made up? (Honestly, most songrems would believ anything...might as well tell them you fought a dragon or something.)

Day 6
With the warmer weather- comes a change of clothing too! Songrems don't really wear clothes ...well-because they have to- but they do like to wear clothes for accessory-purposes! What clothes or accessories are your songrems rocking this spring?
Day 7
The spring festival is coming to a close! Today is the last prompt (as it will close at rollover tomorrow/close at the 25th.)
How is your songrem helping with the cleanup efforts?
Last edited by Sixbane on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Songrem - Spring Festival - Prompts

Postby TrashFan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Username;;
Songrem featured;; Skye (With Silvi and Tabi [Off oekaki] being mentioned)
Prompt entry;;Skye decorated the treehouse with flowers, "There we go, now for the wind chimes. I hope my Neighbor doesn't mind." Skye said as she went into the Treehouse. She swung open the storage room door of the large treehouse which she lived in and pulled out a big box, followed by several more. She then proceeded to push those boxes outside. With all the boxes scattered amongst the Treehouse deck she opened the first box, revealing several different Wind chimes, Skye picked up one on the top as it made a sound. It seemed to be made out of brass. She hung it on a branch on a tree close to Skye's treehouse. She then pick up two more and proceeded to hang them around her treehouse. After emptying her first box. Skye went inside the Treehouse for a brief moment to check the time, knowing that her former roommate Tabi and his family will be coming over to visit. He wasn't going to come to her Treehouse to celebrate the Festival in a while and she had plenty of time to get things set up. Which was a good thing, because that meant she was on time, meaning that she didn't take too long finding the perfect places to put her wind chimes up. She went back out to begin putting up the rest of her wind chimes. She put up wind chimes for the spring festival, so the wind could make its call, and release the true essence of spring. As for her floral decorating tradition, she picked it up from something she and her family had done for as long as she could remember, as for the wind chimes tradition was more recent, but certainly less recent than the tradition of inviting Tabi and his family over for the festival. Eventually, she hung them all up and it's eerie jingles sounded throughout the entire forest, creeping out Silvi who was though, Afar from the treehouse, was close enough to hear the Wind chimes haunting melody. Meanwhile, Skye went back inside to check the time. She was just on time! Tabi and his family will be arriving very soon! She made some last minute changes before she saw Tabi and his loving family approaching the treehouse. Skye dashed down the treehouse stairs and embraced welcoming Tabi and the rest of the family. She lead them up the stairs and into the treehouse as the Windchimes played the winds melody. It was super calming for all of them, especially for Skye.

[422 words]
TrashFan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Username;; Golden-Boy
Songrem featured;; I don't have an adult Songrem yet, but I'll be talking about a metaphorical tradition including a baby Songrem Spectable
Prompt entry;; [ 266 words ] As a family tradition, the group sings to the small children of the group, in a sort of purpose to try and get one of the songs stick with the child for a long while. It's often said that this tradition is to assist the child if they ever get lost or stray away from the group. One of the group member's songs will have stuck with the child enough so that if they hear the song they are able to find their way back home. This tradition, unfortunately, takes a very long time to truly take it's effect, as so many songs colliding would make the end result in a disaster, as two clashing songs sticking in a child's head will not help them return home, or so they believe. The different group members take their time individually singing their song to the child. Some of these songs are fun and light, while others are symbolic and calming. Others often believe that the somber songs will stick the most for the child, so most will sing those songs to the child. Those who sing more happy and jumpy songs are seen as 'not trying' or 'failing to see the purpose of the event'. Contrary to this belief, however, the jumpy songs are actually more likely to stick with the child, as it is often the happy song that is sticking out from the rest of the somber tunes, along with the fact that the child is much more attentive to positive and blunt songs. Symbolism just...doesn't hit them as well as some think they do.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhys~ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 am

Username;; Rhys~
Songrem featured;; Occhin and Ikido
Prompt entry;;
the tradition is picking flowers and making flower crowns! they all kinds of flowers! but usually they don't end up finding too many flowers, so they just make flower crowns of very few flowers, so it might not be so colorful.
-------------------------------
Ⓗⓔⓛⓛⓞ ⓗⓞⓟⓔ¿?
-------------------------------

Rhys~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ (1)

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 am

Username;; Vagabond
Songrem featured;; Chalice
Prompt entry;;
It's family tradition for Chalice to go with his father into the forest for a day, to decorate and praise the beauty of nature and respect what they've been given to survive with. In a clearly, Chalice helps set up a beautiful ceremonial area completed with lights that trickle along with the vines and flowers that hang around the clearing, as if it's a home for some sort of mythical fairy or something. It's almost unreal to most that such a clearing exists, but it's said that only those who believe will see the clearing itself. This clearing can be described as well kept and almost untouched. Most tread this clearing with light feet, as to not disturb the natural beauty and peace. In the middle of that clearing is a very natural pit that they set up a fire in and sing and dance around. After everything is prepared, the others come and join in the clearing. They chant, dance, sing and prey as thank their creator for such a beautiful place. During this event, the children who are new to this tradition are given flower crowns of multiple colours and welcomed to the natural world in a song of their language (Old Latin). By singing the old song, it is said that the creator blesses these children with a good life. Good life is exchange for respecting the land is a good trade. This is a tradition that Chalice's family hopes will live on for quite some time. It's a tradition that helps others realise the significance of the land with all the tales and stories and songs told in the clearing.
{ 274 words || 1,507 characters }
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 am

Username;; Avisowl
Songrem Featured;;April
Prompt Entry
Springtime, the flowers are blooming, and so are we.
From generation to generation, April's family has always called Spring the time of growing. During this time the baby songrems will learn their voice. When April was born it was, of course...April. April was very young when she learned her voice. The parents take their children to the Starlit meadow and wait. The elder songrem reveals himself and takes a child one at a time into his cave.
Every songrem has a different experience. April was taken into the cave, she sat on a warm slab of rock. A pool of water is between her and the elder. He touches her horn with his paw. A small orb of light forms inside the small hole of the horn, and vanishes. The elder will sing a note, April follows. Finally, April sings by herself. Her voice is sweet like honey. The elder shakes his head. "That is not your voice young one, that is mine." April clamps her jaw shut, silence fills the cave. "Look inside yourself, sing." Suddenly, images fill April's mind. Flowers blooming, a chipmunk leaping, and a bird soaring. She could almost feel the Spring air envelop her body. The silence breaks, not in the cave, but in her mind. A Spring bird's hymn swallows April's thoughts. A strong scent of flowers fills her nostrils. Then, the quiet cave...became loud! April's voice was so beautiful, so lovely. Tears filled the elder's eyes, he smiled. April stood tall and sang her heart out, the melody projecting her thoughts, feelings, past, and future. Then it became quiet. April had found her voice. She stepped out of the cave, her cheeks had small tears of joy speckled on them. "I love spring!" April leapt into the air and ran into her parent's loving arms.

302/250 words
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:37 am

Username;; Midnightkitkat
Songrem featured
Keres & Azrail
Prompt entry
Spring was a symbol of renewal and rebirth to some with all the animals waking from hibernation and flowers sprouting from the earth in rainbows of colors. A celebration for the warm days to come and that the snow was moving on at last. To however Azrail it ment neither of these things.
To him it ment hiding from Keres at all costs..
Every year Azrail is always dragged from his studies and readings by his father for *shiver* spring cleaning. Ha ha laugh all you want but spring cleaning with Keres is 'torture' to the young Songrem who just wants to finish his mystery novel in peace. When he's finally hunted down Keres makes sure the boy is put to work. First they move every piece of furniture out of the house and clean, dust, and scrub them down until they're deemed clean enough to return. Well at least after the floors receive the same treatment of intense cleaning. Nothing is overlooked and by the time it's over and everything is returned to there places Azrail feels like his paws might just fall off.
Thinking about it though perhaps it's not all bad. After they're both situated on the couch resting from the days strain they first take a nice long nap with Keres always waking first. Careful not to disturb his son the Songrem makes his way to the kitchen to fix up some fruit salad and popcorn for the both of them. Surfing the TV Keres wakes Azrail gently before handing him the remote and lets him begin his yearly ritual of watching CSI and Law&Order marathons.
(271)
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Username;; opossum.
Songrem featured;; zander
Prompt entry;; every year around spring time, zander comes up with some cute little crafting idea for the kids he watches. they are normally centered around plants, animals, and/or family. often times, they are original ideas that popped into his head, but other times, when he is feeling less creative, he barrows them from something that he has seen elsewhere. he uses his earnings from babysitting to buy the necessary supplies, which normally aren't too expensive. he often has leftover paper and paint from the previous years tucked away some place. saved away, he also has all the previous year's crafts, some that he made himself and some that the kids gave to him to keep. when he can, he tries to get together with the songrem's families and plan out a day so that all the kids can make their crafts together. it's hectic, and often nerve-racking, but seeing them (normally) get along and have fun makes it all worth it. in previous years, he has made paper caterpillars, paper flowers, and even rainbow jello eggs. some of the songrems that he has helped care for for years even look forward to the event, pestering him to tell them what they will be making that spring, but he always saves it so that it will be a surprise. he tries to plan it out in advance, at least a week or so, so that he does not have scramble last minute to scrap everything together. he has never had a year that wasn't enjoyable, even if they do not always go as planned. sometimes, that's what's most fun.
(268/250)
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Username;;Golden-Boy
Songrem featured;;Baikal and Spectable
Prompt entry (Day 2);; [252 words]
Baikal often spends his springtime holiday season with Spectable, often times just sitting there somewhat silently with the smaller child Songrem. Sometimes he'll try to bring the other closer to protect him when they're resting, and he brings the other everywhere he goes. Often times, Baikal will carry the smaller creature in a small satchel that he carries everywhere he goes. Festivals, games, and even just resting in the grass. Sometimes he finds starflies inside the satchel with baby Spectable laughing, giggling, and playing with the starflies, trying to grab them with his tiny paws. Baikal allows this, seeing it as cute and adorable. The little one also often wants to be around other songrem, even if Baikal doesn't enjoy being around others that much. He does try his best to go around to other songrems, mostly so that they can gather around and say hello to the little one. Some of the others try to talk to Baikal, but the older of the two often try to avoid conversation, as they're not very good at keeping one going. Sometimes during these times, Baikal will also try to teach Spectable about how different conversation topics, basically all the things that he wants to say that, most of the times, can't. Baikal knows that Spectable will be a blabbermouth Songrem when he grows up, and he, of course, wants to encourage that. After all, talking way too much is better than not speaking much at all, at least conversation exists for those songrems.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❀ (2)

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Username;;
Songrem featured;; Skout & Juniper

Prompt entry (Day 2);;

While on their travels, Skout had run into Juniper. The two spent their spring time together. Juniper explained the the blind Songrem what the festival was like and it's significance. As someone who loves to visualise, Skout couldn't help but picture or the bright colours and Songrems celebrating such an event when they were told stories. Speaking of stories, Juniper was always one to listen to the travels Skout talked about. The way they described each place, Juniper found these stories to be pleasant, and something he was going to remember when Skout continued on their travels after the event was over. It wasn't all just stories for these two, however. Juniper had a tradition where anyone he was with, they sat under his favourite tree and drank a special herbal tea. The tea he made was from herbs he grew himself. When you live alone, there is so much you can do. Though, Skout couldn't see the stars above when they did sit under the tree, Juniper always gave such an astounding description of what was up there. The constellations were always different each night, of course. No constellation was the same and Skout loved imagining what these constellations may have looked like. It was like a whole new world to them, really. No one really described the constellations to them. Skout was always grateful what pictures they could imagine from the fun times they and Juniper had together. The spring times that Skout and Juniper spent together were always times they'd remember. A time well spent is a time you may not ever forget.

{ 266 words || 1,545 characters }
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me