Artist Sanara [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Discter

Kit UFA! Open!

Postby Sanara » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Six rolled two sweet babies for an In Character breeding between my Genie x Mortal Kals!

This little kiddo is up for adoption and you can do pretty much anything for the form. Seriously, do as much or as little as you want, the only thing you have to answer is a prompt question, and you can even interpret that however you want.

How does this character feel about growing up in this family?

Seems simple, right? Well, not so much.

Zhaneel Kechara :: Mother
Zhaneel is a loving mother, of course, having just gotten out of college and started in a pretty mundane career of graphic design for a big name magazine in town. However, sometimes at night, her entire world is different. She fades into her persona, the infamous thief Windsong. She steals valuable items or information at the direction of others, and usually works with the black market mob bosses in town.

Giddion Zaddok :: Father
Giddion is just your average man with his soul bonded to magical cuffs that bend his will to that of a master who holds onto his charm. He has no idea how to set himself free, sense he and Zhaneel have already tried most things in the lore like wishing free or relinquishing ownership of his charm. Nothing so far has worked, and so Giddion volunteers at the libraries in town trying to track down more leads to his own freedom. His deepest fear is that his children will end up just like him.

Ezra Zaddok :: Brother
Ezra thought all was normal with the twins until they turned 10, and their parents finally sat them down to tell them all this- he had always wondered why Dad made such a big deal about his quarter pendant. Turns out Ezra was a Genie, just like his father before him, and that had been the first thing Giddion had Ezra touch when he was born. Just in case the twins came out bound like their father, because a Kal born in bondage is bound itself. The saying came true for Ezra and now the child keeps his coin obsessively close to his person. Otherwise, Ezra is much like any other child; He enjoys reading books and visiting dad at the library. He can swim like a fish, and play basic-level sports. He does just as well as anyone else at his classes and is even a little advanced in science and math. He’s quiet and attentive, and only outgoing around close friends and family.
~~~~~~
~~~~~~
When the children were 10, Zhaneel and Giddion sat the twins down and told them their story;

Mom met Dad when Mom stole Dad’s charm out of a safety deposit box. All was well until she accidentally activated it, releasing dad for the first time in a century. He was absolutely lost for a while, surprised at how advanced humanity had become in this short time. Zhaneel used his wishes recklessly at first, not really realizing the consequences until it was too late. Where she wished a door was opened, the alarm would still be on. Where she wished she had her homework done for her, it was written on the wrong subject. It was only then that she stopped using the wishes for important things.
After a while, they began to realize how much they cared for one another, and finally decided to try at a relationship after she got out of college. It was then that she tried to free him from his bondage, but nothing seemed to work, and so finally, she simply gave him his charm to hold on to. They fell in love pretty quickly after he stayed with her- not because he had to but because he truly did care for her- and soon after they moved into an apartment together and mom got her first real career, she became pregnant. Dad was frantically worried about how the kids would come out- if they would be like him, bound to his charm and the will of the charm holder, or like their mother, free to do as they wished.
As it turned out, Ezra was like his father.
~~~~~~
~~~~~~
So, yes, interpret the prompt however you wish. If the child is also bound like Giddion, I would love to see their charm- Ezra’s is an old coin with a hole drilled through it so it could be put on a string.
They don’t have to stick around with the family when they grow up, and I would be supper happy to headcanon and stuff with the winner if they so choose!

End Date :: November 4th 11th!
So a little over two weeks! Let me know if you guys need an extension but I won’t be going any further than another week.
Last edited by Sanara on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kit UFA! Open!

Postby Morta » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Mark
OwO
Morta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby petrify » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:58 pm

what a gorgeous kiddo!! i might enter if i have time
petrify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 am

Mark!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 am

Last edited by mongrel on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 am

Username; Bailey-Boo
Name; Aiden
Gender; Male
Short Personality; Aiden has a tendency to be overly grumpy and irritable. He's really snippy and often quite rude. He doesn't like people and he avoids them at all costs. He's bitter and argumentative, regardless of who's right. He doesn't like many things or people and he spends most of his time isolated and listening to his loud music.
Prompt;

-Admires his mother
-Thinks his dad is "weak" for not being able to get rid of the charm, but he really just doesn't understand it
-His brother annoys him but he's really protective
-He doesn't understand the whole charm bondage thing and he is angry at his father for passing the curse down to his brother

Res!
Last edited by redhorizon on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:12 am

User: Discter

Name: Falas - Freedom

Prompt Answer:

Falas, when he found out about his brother's genie status (and father), was angry.

At first recognizing this hatred, he thought, oh, it must be because my brother could be anything.

I mean, his brother was basically immortal, could grant wishes and do anything he wanted, with only a coin holding him back.

His brother was cool!

But his brother was constantly being looked over, as he was the weakest link in the family, new to magic, controlling his powers, and keeping his coin safe.

Falas thought he knew the answer to solving this weakness pretty well, if you asked him.

Wouldn't it be easy to just give the coin to him, ask his brother to cast an anti-lava spell on it, then chuck it in a volcano?

But then, he thought, what if the volcano spit it out?

And he kept thinking of more and more ways of getting to Ezra, and his father.

Falas realized all too soon that the both of them were very, very, vulnerable in this cruel world.

And then as his hate grew and grew with his realizations did, with paranoia beginning to fill his heart.

What if his mother ended up doing something bad to his dad?

What if his dads charm was stolen from mom, or Ezra's charm from him?

What if someone forced them to grant them wishes?

What if these wishes were used for evil?

And so he decided to protect them.

Until he realized he was completely mortal, and could only protect them for a seconds in their eons of life.

And that hatred continued to grow.

And then one day, Falas realized why he was angry.

He was angry he couldn't be better.

Angry he couldn't protect the people he loved.

And a small part of him hated his parents, too.

Why couldn't they find the answer to getting out of being a genie sooner?

Why did they have to have kids, knowing full well they could potentially doom their children to an eternity of wish granting?

Why?

Falas continued to grow angrier and angrier, as he searched through hundreds of books with his family, hunting for the answer to free them.

And as he read, a small part of him thought the most horrible thing he could think of, and it made him ashamed to the point he couldn't look at his father or brother.

Is there a way to become a genie without being forced to grant wishes?

- Quiet
- Speaks only when he needs to
- Everything is thought out and hits the nail right on the head
- Reads all the time
- If he’s not reading from a book, then he’s reading on his phone
- Sleepy
- Serious tea drinker (sneaks coffee when he can)
- Seems to always be napping somewhere when he isn’t awake
- Kinda clingy once you’re his friend
- Not really trustful of people
- Values loyalty and family a LOT
- Sarcastic as all hell
- Secretly s m o o t h
- Addicted to omelettes for some reason ???
- Knows martial arts
- Paranoid as all heck
- Not trusting because of 1:
- Mom’s shady backroom deals might put them all in trouble
- How do I know you haven’t found out about my brother, father, or both?
- Doesn’t want to build up a connection then have to move and sever it
- Pet beta fish died and destroyed his feelings, so he didn’t want a connection with anything for a while
- Beta fish was his world and was named Oreo
- Used to talk to it a lot
-Thought it would stick around forever
- Died of old age
- Clingy due to fear of losing people, which stems from mom’s shadiness along with his bro and dad genie status (and the dangers of it plus fishes death)
- Will stalk you to learn your patterns so he can avoid you in the future
- Studies people a lot, is kinda like a fly on the wall
- He also eavesdrops on all the gossip so he can use it against you if needed
- Has some serious blackmail material in a drawer in his room
- Also tries to figure out a person's personality and fears so he can manipulate them
- Good analyzer
- Thinking about being a detective
- Follows his brother all the time, or his dad
- Doesn’t really bother mom except when he’s bored
- Follows dad and bro because he knows they’re more vulnerable than his mom
- Paranoid as all heck when he’s with them, constantly doing checks, looking over his shoulder, making up escape routes in head
- Due to staying up late, he falls asleep during class, or just finds a place to sleep near his family (has been known to fall asleep under tables in the library, specifically the table his father is at)
- Likes hiking and swimming
- Enjoys dinosaur fossils
- Has a bunch of dino figurines in his room
- Watches thriller TV shows (and any documentaries on dinosaurs)
- Doodles dinosaurs all over his homework
- Only good in history, otherwise his school grades are average
- Likes symmetry, when he’s bored he’ll take whatever is around him and make it symmetrical
- Accidentally did this with his mother’s knickknacks oops
- Really good at picking locks and walking around quietly

Giddion walked into the library, his son close to his side, almost uncomfortably so. Luckily for him his son had some idea of personal space, so it wasn’t like they were glued to the hip. He could see out of the corner of his eye Falas was doing his routine check of the library, staring at everyone and everything with cold eyes. He greeted his coworker, grabbed a cart of books, and began to place them back onto their proper shelf. His son crawled onto the lower level of the cart where only a couple books lay, and continued to watch the other inhabitants of the library.

“Did you have a good day at school?” “It was okay. It was like any other school day. I think Ezra will be here soon.” “That’s good, we can all talk about school together then, and what you both did today. When I’m done putting these books away, we can go read together.” Falas hummed in acknowledgement, and curled up to sleep on the cart. He had a lot more books to put away, and he knew his other son Ezra would take a while to get here, as he would visit his wife first.

He glanced at his sleepy son Falas for a moment, but continued putting the books away.

-

Ezra strolled into the library, about a half hour after school, which he had used to visit his mother at their home. He had a few books he hadn’t finished from before (and some school work) is his arm, and made his way over to the table his father was at.

“Where’s Falas?” His father looked under the table, leaning over slightly to check he was still there. “Under the table sleeping.” Ezra nodded, put his books on the table top, and ducked under the table to see his brother sleeping form. After a couple pokes to the nose, Falas woke up, studying him with sleepy eyes. Crawling in further under the table and dodging his father's legs, he sat a few inches away from Falas. “Sorry I woke you up. I just wanted to let you know I was here if you wanted to talk. I’m gonna study under here, unless you don’t want me too.” “You’re fine,” his brothers spoke, soft and sleepy voice almost impossible to hear. Ezra got a book from the table top above down, and began to read as his brother fell back asleep.

------

Falas trudged up the hill with his mother, both of them on a hike. It had rained recently, mud sticking to the bottom of his boots, twisting roots hidden by fallen leaves. But, mother and son had successfully made it up without tripping so far. “Come on Falas, you wanted to go on a hike, don’t chicken on out now.” “I’m not! It’s muddy as all heck, and I’m pretty sure I’m going to trip!” “Then pay attention to the ground kiddo, or hold my hand.” Falas glared at his mother's back, but kept going.

‘Thank God, we finally reached the top of this stupid hill.’ Falas gasped at the beauty unveiled by the fading trees, the large rock in the middle a perfect vantage place to look around. Zhaneel watched him climb up it, more keen on making sure her child didn’t fall rather than paying attention to the rolling countryside.

But Falas was able to enjoy it, clinging onto the rock, up above the tall trees. The hills seemed to go on forever, trees turning all sorts of warm colors in the chilly fall. The town could be seen below, small houses and buildings dotting the place.

It was beautiful, totally worth almost tripping two times, and the two hours it took to get up the hill. “Having fun?” Zhaneel called from below, and Falas, too enraptured with the massive forest below him, just nodded. The clouds were high above, the orange, yellow, and red forest below, his family safe for now. And Falas couldn’t be happier.

---

Falas was with his brother, walking into Ezra room to do his homework. He was sleepy, and would rather much be asleep, but his homework needed to be done, and Ezra was good in what he wasn’t.

“Hey, do you get question 6?” Ezra looked over, got off his bed, and got onto the floor with Falas. “Yeah, what confused you?” Falas pointed to the diagram, “it says here that Aa pairs with Bb, but they threw in Cc. Did I misread the instructions again?” Ezra squinted at the page, “no, Miss. Orik told us she accidently left out Dc, so just ignore it.” “Okay, thanks Ezra.” “No problem, call me again if you need any help.”

Falas nodded, and once he finished with all of his homework, he put it away in his backpack. “I’m gonna take a nap.” Ezra was still working on his homework for another class, and nodded, barely paying attention. “Do you want me to wake you up for dinner?” “Yeah.” And with that Falas stole one of his brothers blankets, and curled up in a ball at the foot of the bed, avoiding his brothers sprawled form.

-

wip
Last edited by Discter on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 am

Username: APH Siantia
Name: Muirgen Kaur Cassius Nordskov-Zaddok
Prompt wrote:How does this character feel about growing up in this family?

How do I feel about my family? Well I mean....they are my family. I love them and they love me. Oh....you must mean the..."other things". I get it. I guess I should tell you something....lets just call it a story.

Once upon a dark night two souls bonded as one. Both longing. One never able to have the freedom they deserve while the other sneaks off into the night as a hidden flame. The bound soul and the free bird fell in love and formed two. A male of an obsessive bondage and another. One beautiful flower, but feistier than an Arabian Viper. A dancer. A fighter. A hidden shadow in the darkest of nights. She feels at home with this strange family. The reason being is that she has joined in with the wild adventures that are handed to her. Unlike her father, the soul stayed bound, she is free. Just like her mother. She goes by the name Muirgen. She knows her father wants to be free, but she doesn't know how to help him. She is calm and quiet, but that doesn't mean she won't fight anyone who gets in her way.

She isn't a thief like her mother, but an assassin. She wouldn't kill anyone unless she had to. The assassin part of her is only a way to help her father find a way out. Sometimes on her nights out as an assassin she sees her mom thieving. Her parents don't know about her secret, but her brother does. She and her brother are extremely close because of both his "attachment" as well as how he found out about her "job".

All she want for her family is to be able to bring them together happily. No one searching for a way out of a binding for life. No one sad that they may not ever find a way to completely be free. She wants to be the one who brings everyone together and finally maybe look at her differently. All they see is a perfect daughter while they have to protect her brother from harmful things. She wants to be able to lean on her family as much as they lean on her, but she can't have that until their problems are completely over.
Last edited by spirit • daydream on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:20 am

res if i have time!!
mango marmalade,,