Based on Click to view
Artist Rotzalot [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mayn #2

Postby Rotzalot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:54 am

Welcome to Mayn Adopts!

Main Thread - Artist Search - Nursery - Fanclub - Archives - Suggestion thread - Customs and MYOs

What's a Mayn? wrote:A Mayn is a small, canine-like creature that lives deep within forests. Their fluffy names are used as a form of camouflage, since prey can confuse them for the surrounding bushes. However, this species can be very gulible and quick to love, which is why they make great companions (but.. Also why they're easy to hunt). There are some genetic defects within them, which are rare (Short fur, no mane, brighter colors ect.) But, even the defective ones would love to be adopted and have a heart of gold.
This species has rather short legs, which makes them slow runners. A common tail is short and stubby, but some rarer have longer tails. They have a bushy mane, which is much more thicker and pale in the Winter. They have pointed ears, small snout, and typical canine teeth.

The name 'Mayn' derives from communication. Mayns couldn't pronounce their own scientific name, so, they simply started calling themselves 'Mayns'.

As a thanks for all the sudden love my fluffy babes have been getting, I made a very rare Mayn! To win them, you'll have to impress me: give them a personality + story. Ends on August 2nd, or when I receive 20 forms.
Code: Select all
[center][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Mayn name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Story:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b][/center]

Extras n' fancying up is allowed. :)
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mayn #2

Postby appiesauce » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:13 am

ahh res !

Username:
Mayn name:
Story:
Other:
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KingCrayons » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:25 am

Username: Alice2wolf
Mayn name: Smokey Prism
Personality: Bubbly, occasionally clumsy, adventurer, yet relaxed and sophisticated
Story: Smokey loves to explore and can often be found trying to plan the next adventure, she always needs to have a plan (and many backup plans). when not exploring she can be found relaxing in a warm sunny place or socializing with others. Sometimes her adventurous spirit can lead her into trouble, like the time she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and tripped, face planting in the mud.
Other:
KingCrayons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:25 am

res if i have time
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aureate. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:35 am

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
      user, aureate. mayn name, iridescence gender, female

personality, flirtatious ⁃ allocentric ⁃ self-assured ⁃ gullible ⁃ clumsy
        the small mayn has quite the personality. although it can be described in six words or less, it's much easier to get to know the mayn by delving into her psyche. first off, you have your flirtatious, stunning mayn. iridescence is quite the flirt, no matter the gender or species, the mayn loves to flirt with everyone and everything. although, a lot of her 'flirting' is but playful banter between two friends she still does drop pick-up lines on any old mayn that just so happens to look her way. her flirtatious attitude, however, isn't the only personality trait she exhibits at almost all times. iridescence is very allocentric, meaning she centers her attention and actions on others rather then on just herself. the girly mayn always loves to lend a helping hand to someone who deserves such. she's been giving out help for as long as she can remember and knows that it's been filling her with immense joy, ever since she could remember first helping people. iridescence can also be marked as self-assured, which is quite true. the mayn is not so much full of herself but she is very sure of herself. she believes in everything she does without a second thought, making her seem quite impulsive and brash sometimes but she is well-meaning. a few other words that fit perfectly when describing iridescence are gullible, much alike to most other mayns, and clumsy. these parts of the female's personality are quite self-explanatory as you think through what you know of the mayn itself and the species as a whole.

basic history,
        up until one fateful day, iridescence had lived the normal life of a mayn in the forest. her family being non-existent as far as she knew or cared, never seeing or hearing from either a parent or sibling from since she was old enough to be on her own without her mother's nest. she'd spent her days wandering the forest playing with any creature she could spot in the area.

XXXX▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
        iridescence strutted through the small woods. she knew of the people and creatures living near her stomping grounds but had yet to see them. she'd heard rumors of them being monstrous creatures, with fangs for teeth and not a speck of hair on their body. she'd been told they were tall and pale, at least most of the rumors said they were pale others said they were tan or as dark as the night. the idea of such a thing scares her. 'a creature alike to that could never be homed so close to me!' she reassured herself on multiple occasions, until she couldn't tell herself that one of these creatures were nonexistent.

as she neared a bush she heard rustling inside of it. Her ears peaked and she listened intently as her mind tried to persuade her that it was but a rabbit. the noise began to grow louder and louder the many slowly growing worried for the creature taking cover in the bush was most definitely not a rabbit. she scooted away slowly her eyes bulging as she quivered. it was quiet for a mere second, in this second iridescence had thought the creature had disappeared to go scare another, and when the second was up she heard a loud scream as the creature popped out from the bush, pale and hairless, except what was on top of it's head. it looked as though someone had shaved a bear except it's face was slightly different then that of a bears. it's maw was gone, it's eyes were smaller, and it's body frame was more petite. iridescence thought of fainting and pretending to be dead to fool the strange creature into leaving, but it was to late for that.

"what are you?" the strange hairless creature sneered. iridescence looked at the creature offended.

"what am i? what are you!" she laughed heartlessly as she sneered back at the creature. the creature smiled at her and came closer. the rumors of them being tall were correct, the creature towered over iridescence easily. iridescence stood on her hind legs to try and look threatening back to the creature. but the small mayn only came up to the creatures shins. it chuckled lightly and bent down to pat iridescence's head. iridescence in turn yipped at the creature.

"i'm a human, now what are you?" the human said softly as it brushed iridescence's hair blankly.

"i'm a mayn," iridescence chirped. the two smiled at each other, both knowing of the friendship they were to grow because of this altercation.
      other, -
Last edited by aureate. on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aureate.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:47 am

Username:.SkylineStar&miles.
Mayn name: Stella Whisp
Personality: Stella Whisp is a playful, but shy Mayn. She is a in-between extrovert and Introvert, but she likes talking and playing with the Mayns a lot. She can be fierce, bold, or MAYBE mean if she HAS to, like in an attack situation. She leaves in her tree with her animal and Mayn friends.
Story: Stella is a Mayn that LOVES nature, and can be seen wandering in the breezy forests most of the time. She loves making things out of nature, like flower crowns, bird nests, etc. She is very brave, and she tries to keep the animals of the forest safe.
Stella Whips loves playing with the Mayn cubs/children in her free time. She is known for all of her good doings and fun personality.

Other: She is good at making berry sandwiches, out of her home-made grass bread and mushed berries.
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LimeThing » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:07 am

Username: Limuma
Mayn name: Natalie
Personality:
Natalie, or Nanny as she prefers to be called, is a witch living deep in the forest. Everybody knows she exists, but many don't recognize her when she takes a walk through Mayn village. But just because she's a witch doesn't necessarily means she's bad! But she is. She tends to act like a lady all the time, but the short temper of hers gives her away. She adores flirting with boys, taking them to her shack and then throwing temporary spells on them. She finds it very amusing. She's competitive and cares too much about her look and the look of her surrounding. Her shack always has everything in place and is always decorated with fresh flowers at least. Besides training for a witch, she has few hobbies she enjoys. She designs her own dresses and often enters beauty competitions wherever they're taking place. She mostly wins but doesn't hesitate to use spells if things don't go her way. She also loves catching fireflies. They're a great decorative piece to her hut's garden! Though most of the plant there are dead as she forgot to water them. Again. Obligations and rules don't bother this childish immature fella' at all. She doesn't open up to anyone, just parties till the sun is up or somebody gets her mad. She's pretty content with her current lifestyle and doesn't regret anything.

Story:

An Average Day of a Forest Witch

"Hmm... Let's see what interesting things we could do today..."
She opened up a big, thick book with a lock on it. The lock was open as she didn't like closing and opening it every single time. It was supposed to be a spell book of all the new spells she discovers, but she just used it as a diary and marked all the events happening in the nearby villages.
"Aha, there! A great dressing competition for all ladies who got to hear about it! And a big party afterward..."
Seemed like a great way to spend an evening. Great event to show her latest creation at least, and maybe try out some new spells. Her shack was decent sized but was decorated as a palace. She had a secret entrance to her witch layers underneath the fluffy pink rug in the middle of the room. But it wasn't some old cave like other witches had it be - It's style matched the upper room. Even the cauldron had some fancy deco on it. In the back of the room, she had many stone mannequins wearing her dresses. And her latest one- it was the greatest and the prettiest of them all. She checked if everything was in its place, all stitches tight and sparkle shiny when she heard a knock. And another one.
"Company? I didn't know I was expecting someone today. Well, let's give them some good time!"
She laughed as she played in her head who it could be and what she could do with them today. She rushed upstairs and sealed her secret entrance, opening the door. Three kids showed up in front of her.
"I can't believe she's real!" "Are you sure? She doesn't seem like a witch" "I'm pretty positive"
Natalie just watched them with a smile as they spoke between them.
"Hello, children! I'm miss Natalie! You can call me Nanny. Would you like to come in? I just baked some cookies."
Some of them were skeptical, but no kid could resist some fresh cookies. She guided them to the table and went into the kitchen. She didn't have any cookies, but it wasn't hard to make them with spells. And to put some 'secret ingredients' in them. What should I turn them into? A frog, a snake? I know... Perfect! She thought to herself as she swung her wand. Chocolate chip cookies appeared in a matter of seconds, and the delightful smell filled the room immediately. žshe grabbed some glasses and milk and brought everything to the living room.
"Here kids! Don't be shy!"
Kids started munching on them like crazy.
"Good job Nanny! They're great!"
Just you wait... They get better with time... She rubbed her hands as her evil-ish plan started to take a turn. Just as they finished and licked their little fingers, they started to take a different shape. And Natalie was now laughing like a crazy man. She turned them all into three beautiful butterflies. Maybe not as devilish, but she has style.
"Now shu!"
She gestured her hands as they flew off the window. She followed them with her view. It wasn't a long flight before they turned back into kids and run as fast as their legs carried them. Her spells didn't last long, she was still a young witch. But she gave it a good laugh.

It was time, the Sun was high. She put on her dress and makeup. She carefully walked to the village as she couldn't risk getting it torn on the broom. It was a great competition- many ladies with many nice dresses showed up. Yet Nanny kept her head up high- She was sure she'd win this one. She didn't doubt herself. The judges came and the ladies lined up. She was very familiar with this procedure. She turned some ladies to frogs beforehand just to make sure she's the prettiest of them all. And the spells will wear off after the judging. Every lady got her time to shine before the judges, and when her time came, she can't deny she didn't use some hypnosis. But she felt good. She won and she was declared the lady of the night. Everyone applauded, while some ladies watched her with envy. She didn't mind. She enjoyed it.
"Thank you, everyone! Now, LET'S PARTY!"
She sang, learned some new songs, met some nice guys... It was a decent night overall. Some could say she disappeared as a shadow, but she kept yelling;
"This isn't the last you saw of me, you li'l village!"
In a friendly way before she did get away. The Sun came up, but she just fell asleep in her shack, deep into the forest, without anyone knowing who she really was.
█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█

Hi, I'm lime

Life is a bit rough
around the edges now

But every storm comes to an end
Stay safe <3

█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█
LimeThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 am

username: novaturient | mayn name: iris | gender: female

personality:
          iris kind and caring, but she is often shy around strangers. ever since she was a little kid, iris has been a quiet girl. around her friends, though, she is comedic, outgoing and open. despite her level-headed and quiet demeanour, iris can be known to lash out at those who hurt her loved ones, or when she guts hungry. never tick off iris when she's hungry. she would bite your head off! her friends describe her as wise-cracking, good natured and positive. iris loves going for nighttime walks with friends, gazing at the stars and feeling the cool breeze through her fur. in her spare time, she enjoys cloud-gazing, painting and going for walks.

story:
          - October 14th, 12:30pm, Junior Year -
          Iris chose an empty table in the cafeteria, and plopped her brown paper lunch bag down on the table top. she pulled out the lunch her mom had made. cream cheese on a bagel, and apple, a bag of chips and a cheese string. it was another lonely lunch, in another lonely high school day, in another lonely school term. sighing, iris bit into the bagel, munching on it. she looked up as she saw a pair of paws approach. she warily put down her bagel and raised her eyebrows at the girl. "what?" she asked, leaning back on the seat. the girl introduced herself. "i'm violin" she said. "but you can call me vi" she added. "may i sit?" the girl asked her. iris shrugged and nodded, watching as the girl sat herself down opposite her. without saying a word, vi started eating her lunch. from then on, the two girls ate lunch at that same table, for those last two years of high school. they had become best friends. inseparable. like sisters. violin and iris. iris and violin. best friends. forever.

other: interesting facts!
          fave food: strawberries
          fave color: all of them!
          fave animal: bunnies
          fave drink: iced coffee
          fave season: spring or fall

least fave food: asparagus
          least fave animal: sharks
          least fave drink: orange juice
          least fave season: some of winter (like January...ITS JUST SO COLD)
Last edited by ghostie, on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Closed and judging. Sorry for being late, but my vacation is coming to an end, so I can start focusing on the species again. (:
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:28 am

hi sorry to bother you but will the winner be announced soon? just curious, take your time!
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist