Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cherub Cat Adopt #18 - CLOSED

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:07 am

cherub cat adopt #18

What is a cherub cat? wrote:Cherub Cats are feline-like creatures with wings, magical cheek swirls, and prehensile tails capable of supporting their own weight. The adorable little things come from a realm similar to fantasy-medieval settings, but can be drawn in any setting including futuristic scenarios. Every Cherub Cat has their own unique personality, hobbies, and interests. No two Cherub Cats are exactly alike!

Main thread

A good old fashioned form competition but with a catch ---
The only formatting you are allowed to use are BOLD, Italics, Underscore, and Center or Left Aligned Text.
(No images, no colors, no special fonts, nothing other than the bare basics)

Winner is corrosive_limes!
HM was given to 9TailedFox!

Will choose a winner on 7/13/17 :)
Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cherub Cat Adopt #18 - Sweetheart

Postby Hawky<3 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

username:
hawky<3

cherub cat name:
rosalind

favorite object(s:)
rosalind's favorite objects are a quilted shawl her grandmother made years ago and her crystal collection!

explanation of each object
rosalind was named after her grandmother and knew very little of her. one day, her mother sat down and explained the meaning behind the shawl. it was the last thing she knitted before she passed away. rosalind tries to wear it gently as she visits schools for her job.

her crystal collection was started when she visited a system of caves and enjoyed it so much she spend her whole allowance on the crystal making kits in the gift shop. now, working in the same park as a geologist, she makes her own crystals in her spare time! rosalind adores the way they glimmer and seem to change in the sunlight.
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:39 am

bump
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:12 am

up
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cherub Cat Adopt #18 - Sweetheart (Form Comp)

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

up
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fastcat59 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Username: fastcat59
Cherub Cat Name: Segolily
Favorite Object(s:) A flower ring, a deer plush, a flower hair pin, and a first aid kit.
Explanation of Each Object (Why it's their favorite) A flower ring because it was her mothers. A deer plush because she loves the forest and it's wildlife. A flower hair pin because her father gave it to her a week before he died. A first aid kit that she and her grandmother use to heal injured animals.
∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ --------- ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙
Just a Bi guy!
fastcat59

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friggin' foxes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Username: 9TailedFox
Pronouns: She/her
Cherub Cat Name: Willow

D
R
E
A
M D R E A M

Favorite Object(s:) A small dream catcher.
Explanation of Each Object: The dream catcher was made for Willow by her mother. Willow often had terrifying nightmares, she had tried almost everything but for some reason they always returned. One evening while Willow awoke from a nightmare she headed to get a drink of water when she spotted her mother asleep on the floor holding a dream catcher and the materials to make it in her hand. Willow realized that her mother had spent days on this to the point she fell asleep like this.
After covering her with a blanket she went back to sleep. Her mother gave her the dream catcher the next day. Willow knew she should get rid of her nightmares, and for her mother's sake she did. Willow no longer had nightmares, but she still held the dream catcher close because she knew her mom had worked hard on it.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Username: corrosive_limes
----> Cherub Cat Name: Adiv Vieno Bryer
----> Favorite Objects: A tattered and faded black bandanna with a faint white design and a simple silver chain necklace
with three charms; a white feather charm, a black spider charm, and a golden heart locket charm.

--------> Explanation of Each Object
------------> The Bandanna: Given to him by his oldest brother as a sort of "leaving home" present. Adiv grew up as the youngest of three siblings, with two older brothers. As he was growing up, they often played together and went exploring the woods they lived in. However, because of their ages, his brothers were often allowed to do things that Adiv was not yet old enough for. When his eldest brother grew old enough to leave home and find his own home, their father made him a black bandanna with a faint pattern in white thread as a gift, something that was quickly made tradition. When the second eldest grew old enough to leave, their father made him a dark brown bandanna with a design in golden thread. However, their father passed away before Adiv came of age. When Adiv was finally old enough to leave home behind in search of his own life, his brothers came back to visit him and their mother, and his oldest brother decided to give Adiv the bandanna their father had made for him, seeing as their father was no longer with them to make Adiv one of his own. The bandanna is now quite possibly Adiv's most treasured possession, as it reminds him strongly of his family, though his father and oldest brother most strongly. Adiv takes comfort in the thought that, as long as some of his father's handiwork lives on, his father will never truly be gone from the world or the lives of his family and those he loved.
------------> The Chain Necklace: Given to him by his mother also as a "leaving home" present. Adiv's mother gave him a thin, silver chain necklace, sort of as her own version of Adiv's father's tradition of making them bandannas when they came of age, since he was no longer with them. Adiv had many times admired his mother's jewelry, though he had seemed especially curious about the heart locket she always had with her and the charms she collected. She chose to give him the necklace as well as one of the charms from her own collection in the hopes that it would inspire him to start his own collection.
------------> The Feather Charm: The first charm Adiv acquired, given to him by his mother when she first gave him the chain necklace. It had been a charm directly from her own collection, and she had chosen to give him the feather charm partially because of Adiv's fascination of birds, especially eagles and the soaring birds, but also because many ancient cultures believed feathers to be inseparable from birds, and thus feathers also became symbols of freedom and inspiration, as well as truth, levity, and love. Many others, including Adiv's mother, also viewed feathers as gifts from the gods, or as messages from heaven and loved ones who have passed away. White feathers specifically symbolize innocence, or a fresh start. She gave it to him in hopes that it would remind him to follow his heart and seek the truth, while also serving as a reminder to ease up on the seriousness of life and just relax once in a while. His mother also hoped that by giving him the feather charm, it would serve to remind Adiv that there will always be someone who loves him and that his family will always be there to support him, no matter where he is or what he's going through.
------------> The Spider Charm: The spider charm was given to Adiv by his boyfriend, Erebus, the second Halloween they were together. Erebus had gone as a mage, and Adiv had gone as a knight. Erebus has a fondness for 'creepy' animals, such as snakes, bats, and especially spiders, a sentiment he, somewhat surprisingly, shares with Adiv. The two of them even own a pet tarantula! It's because of all of this that Erebus chose the black spider charm to give to Adiv that Halloween, knowing his fondness of both charms and spiders. It holds a special place in Adiv's heart as it serves as a sort of tribute to that night, and also reminds him strongly of Erebus. He doesn't ever really feel completely alone as long as he has this charm with him.
------------> The Heart Locket: The newest charm to be added to Adiv's collection, given to him by Erebus the fourth Valentine's Day they'd been together. For both of them, this had been their longest stable relationship, and Erebus thought the locket would be a fitting gift, considering the nature of Valentine's Day, Adiv's fondness of charms, and the nature of the gift itself. It has earned itself a spot as one of Adiv's most prized possessions because of its connection Erebus and also his own mother, as his mother had also had a heart locket, although it had been silver and was on a chain by itself. Adiv remembers one day in particular when he had asked his mother why she never went anywhere without the locket, and she responded that she never went anywhere without it, because as long as it was with her, she was never really alone. He asked her how that could be, and she smiled at him and told him, "Because I know that as long as I have it with me, even if I am by myself, I'll never be truly alone because I know that you, your brothers, and your father will always be beside me in spirit, even if you may not be there with me in body." It could be said that Adiv believes something similar now, which is why the golden locket is one of his most prized possessions. He feels that, as long as this locket is with him, so will be his family and dearest friends, even though some of them may no longer be on this earth.
|---------------------->
Like his mother, he takes comfort in the knowledge that they will always be with him.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 13 times in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Octosoph22 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Username:Octosoph22
Cherub Cat Name: Cherī (チェリー)
Favorite Object(s:) (up to 5) Her favorite objects are:
1. Rainbow yarn ball. It's a torn up gradient yarn ball, a bit sun-faded over the years. She's had it since she was a kitten
2. Gradient pink-magenta blanket with a kawaii cherry in the middle. This blanket was given to her by her owner, Sasha. She likes it because it's floofy.
3. Squeaky bone dog toy. She stole this from her owner's dog, Cenu. Cheri was bored one day, and she likes to mess with Cenu's stuff.
4. Collar w/ a small cherry charm. Sasha gave this to her, it's a bit loose and and hangs around her neck.
5.Smol mouse toy. It's smol, grey, and has a bell inside it. What cat wouldn't like it?

I really hope I get her :D
=Octosoph22=
╔════════════════════════╗
|Cancer|Female|She/Her Pronouns|Obsessed w/ cats|Trades are open!|
╚════════════════════════╝
Please click on my babs! Thank you<3!

MagiStream

Dragon Cave

Octosoph22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 pm

up
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me