Neptuna #004 -- Slug Bun by Mogwai

Based on Click to view
Artist Mogwai [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Neptuna #004 -- Slug Bun

Postby Mogwai » Fri May 12, 2017 11:21 am

Edits wrote:Common ;; Fish breed [jellyfish].
Uncommon ;; Hair edit.
Rare ;; Ear edits, tail edit [non fish related]
What are they? wrote:Neptunas (or Neps) are cat-like creatures that are filled completely with water. Their organs are integrated in the water similarly to cells, but they are sentient like humans. Inside them are goldfish, but sometimes the fish may vary in species, and on rare occasions, some may not have fish at all! (A heart-shaped "window" is located on Neps' chests where the fish and water can be seen.) Neptunas developed fins and fish tails and most enjoy spending time around water. They are omnivores and each enjoy different foods.

Curse my broken pen pressure... I'll try to fix it next time!

For this contest, it'll be a writing comp! tell me the last time they were jealous jelly-ous!
Keep it under 700 words.
Ends on May 18th, so one week.
PM me if you have any questions!

Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b] ;;
[b]Gender[/b] ;;
[b]Extra[/b] ;;
Mogwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Neptuna #004 -- Slug Bun

Postby Sanara » Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 am

X
X

Name
Pingu

X
X

Extra
Pingu lay gazing down at the water that sloshed against the rocks she had been warming on. The sun was high in the sky, gracing all the land around her in comfort and warmth that she had been greedily been soaking up. A soft purr was ringing from her throat as she was lulling herself to sleep listening and warming.

Her eyes shot open as cold sea foam rained down on her from a wave crashing on a nearby rock. She shook her head, annoyance clouding her good mood, and attempted to groom the salt out of her fur- not that it mattered when a growl curled through her innards letting her know it was time to fetch something to eat.

With fluid motion, she stood and gave a big stretch to shake the sleepiness from her muscles. It was high time to find food for herself, but as she looked down to the water, she was unsure. She was hungry, certainly, but she wasn't willing to jump headlong into the surf without knowing food lay close by. She decided to take her chances inland, and turned tail, bolting away across the beach and into the tree grove.

It took all of two hours for Pingu to now that this was a fruitless effort. She had exhausted all of the fruit bushes on this side of the island, and none of the good animals would be out in the heat of the day like this. She sighed once she found herself back at the edge of the water with a grimace.

She wasn't the best swimmer, even with her fins. And she wasn't much like the other Nepts she's met, with a wee bob tail compared to their powerful mer-tails built overtime for swimming, but her wee bob was more fit for running through the trees and being lightweight as it was, she was a pretty decent climber. That didn't mean much, though, when it was time to swim with the others... she was a right fish out of water in those moments.

But her stomach urged her forward, into the water. She slipped effortlessly from her warm rock and dove into the churning water. The feeling of weightlessness was a common one, but the push and pull of the water against the rocks now at her back was something she needed to get acclimated to for a few short moments. Her head broke the surface in time for a quick breath before she kicked back into the water.

Her limbs moved with practiced motions, and her fins at her elbows aided in propelling her further, but her little twitching tail really slowed her progress onward. She had to thrash more than anything to sink lower and lower into the water until she was off the coast into the salty waters. Around her fish moved, yet every time she tried to chase after one, they sped away from her quicker than she could follow. After a few shots at 'fishing' she was tired, hungry, and brine began to collect in bunches on her fur. It would take her quite a bit of time to clean herself and she groaned inwardly until, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a bit of flash.

A few tail lengths away was a bioluminescent jellyfish, flubbing along in the water. It was dark enough to see bright tendrils of light flash down its long whisker-like appendages. This little creature, so insignificant and little in this ecosystem, was perfectly in place. It was exactly where it should be with its hoard of jelly companions, elegantly drifting through the brine. No fishtail to guide it, and no hurry or question of its presence. She floated there, letting the currents dictate her movements just as it did the lowly jellyfish that wafted slowly ahead of her and all at once the punch of jealousy to be one of them hit her.

She didn't quite belong on the land, and never quite working well enough in the water. She came back several times after that, enjoying the feeling of serenity these little creatures displayed. They were simply there, living as best they could. Why couldn't she manage as much, living as best she could with what she was given?
Last edited by Sanara on Sat May 13, 2017 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Fri May 12, 2017 11:48 am

mark
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persay » Fri May 12, 2017 11:48 am

Name ;;
Gender ;;
Extra ;;

mork
he/him
LIVE right now join me
my da
part of the gucci gremlin gang, I am the gucci ofc
gremlin soft
gremlin gurt
gremlin liz
gremlin feather
persay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coradrawa » Fri May 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Name ;;
Gender ;;
Extra ;;

Rreess 030

Also is prettying up or extras allowed at all... ? ^-^
coradrawa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mogwai » Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Prettying up is allowed, but no extras other than the prompt ❤
A wild CYNTHERIA appeared!

>[BATTLE] [POKEMON]
[ITEMS] [FLEE]
Mogwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Sat May 13, 2017 3:11 am

Dropping <3
Last edited by mousekewitz on Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entry <3

Postby tirocat » Sat May 13, 2017 9:58 am

Name ;; Mars

Gender ;; Male

Extra ;;

He padded through the hard rain, sniffing for signs of shelter. He had been lost since a small band of rogues kicked him out of a little cave he was sheltering in. They had an awful stench, and they were obviously desperate. But they had quite good fighting skills, for their size. He loomed around, when a huge splatter of rain landed on his muzzle. "Gah!" He said, shaking his head back and forth. "I can't believe they kicked me out of my own shelter! It was right fully mine. I could have shared it, but noo! They have to come barging in and chasing me out!" He cried. He sat down, frustrated. He seemed to be frustrated over nothing, but he couldn't help the feeling of wanting to scream out the world his troubles. He stood up, and continued looking for shelter.

He had completely lost hope. He didn't find shelter, and it has been hours. His belly was grumbling, and his fur was soaking wet. That's when a flicker of movement crossed his eye. He fluffed out his fur so he could look twice as big. The movement was in a little cave, and that's when a ginger pelt came dashing across it, and quickly disappeared through another little tunnel. "Maybe I can stay with them.. For a little bit. 'Hope this works." He sighed. He padded up to the cave, and called out. "Hello? Anyone there?"

A heard a mew of surprise, and before he knew it a ginger she-cat was looking at him eye to eye. Her pelt bristled, and for a couple of fish tails she would most likely lunge at him. "Who are you?" She demanded, trying to sound calm. "Oh.. Hi! Uh, sorry I barged into your home but I was wondering if-" he broke off as he saw another pelt come from the same tunnel the red pelted she-cat came from earlier. A grey pelt came dashing out of the tunnels, curiosity in the cats eyes. "Wait.. Cloe, don't claw this things fur off." He said, his pelt boiling with curiosity. "Hello, my name's Rock. So, are you one of those, uh, fish cats?" He was searching him, and then sat down. "Yeah, I am.. Well, kinda different. I tend to not really enjoy water, unlike all the other neptunas I know of. I can still manage, but I still hate the water." He said, shifting his paws back and forth. He wanted to get to the point. "Ah. I see. Do you want shelter? We can offer some 'till the rain comes over." Cloe cast a swift glance at rock, clearly worried, but Rock didn't say anything. "Oh, that would be wonderful! Thank y-" He was cut off by Cloe, who clearly was still quite mad. "Hold up. We need to know you better if your willing to stay in our home for even a few hours." She said, sitting down. She beckoned rock over.. They both sat there, and Cloe's fury was slowly being replaced with curiosity. He quickly explained a few traits about him, and his name. "Ok, well, as long as you don't hurt our kits, your fine to stay here until the rain goes." She cast a warning glance, then slipped through a tunnel that smelled of prey. He sighed, hoping that this would all be over soon.

As he said his goodbye's, he couldn't help thinking of how easy there life was. They were plump, and obviously weren't having any trouble with there lives. He pretended to walk away, looking back to see if they were still watching. When they turned away, he slowly padded through the undergrowth so he could look at their cave one last time. There life seemed so simple. Catch prey for themselves and there young, and once in awhile go the the river to get a quick drink. He wish life were like that with him. A mate, kits, and a happy and simple life. He couldn't help feeling jealous that all the things in the world didn't seem to matter to them. He looked back, then swiftly padded away. Why couldn't my life be as simple as theirs?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rosé gold » Mon May 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Name ;; mickey
Gender ;; male
Extra ;; enjoys catching moon jellies! wip