Based on Click to view
Artist woolly [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sweetnose Mastiff #039

Postby woolly » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Adopted from the Rescue Event
    Backstory wrote:This boy had been the loyal family pet to a large family living in the downtown area of the city. He'd been with then since he was a a small puppy, when they got him at the breeder. He's spent a few years with them, until their love for the dog was put to the ultimate test. During a unscheduled vet-visit due to the dogs sudden paralysis, it was reveled he had Fibrocartilaginous Embolism (FCE) - a disease caused by a piece of cartilage from the spine, which obstructed the blood stream sometime during a bought of rough play. It caused almost complete paralyze in his pelvic area, and the dog was unable to walk for quite some time. The family unable to cope with the time and effort it would need to care for the dog, as well as raise their roudy kids, opted to surrender him to a no-kill shelter.
    His time at the shelter was spent in a very long waiting game - there is no cure or treatment from FCE, and it was up to his body to try and fix itself. Fortunately not long after the family surrendered him, he started to move in his right side - although his left side remained unresponsive.
    It took many more weeks for any sign of improvement from his left-side to appear. But when it did the shelter couldn't have been more happy. They began using a no-knuckling sock on the leg for a couple minutes each day, to try and train his foot to support his weight and not knuckle over.
    Because of his improvement he was able to be adopted out! He'll be sent home with his sock, that'll need to be used once a day for a few minutes. Full recovery in the leg will take time, but we expect it to happen in a matter of a few more weeks, or even a month. He seems to be a very happy dog even with his current state, and show's no signs of pain because of the injury.

written by RebelliousWinter

If rehomed, post here with the username of the person you're giving them to.
    Current Owner: ~Neon_and_Lylia~
    Show Name:
    Pet Name:
    Size: 127lbs, 26.9in
    Color: Black and Tan Merle Mantle
    Genotype: atat/Bb/Dd/kk/EE/Mm/sisi
    Breeding Notes: -

here you go! hope they're alright for you, and please strike out your form on the event thread, thank you!
    Code: Select all
    [b]Current Owner:[/b] ~Neon_and_Lylia~
    [b]Show Name:[/b] (optional)
    [b]Pet Name:[/b]

woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #039

Postby goose0dude » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:00 pm

Current Owner: ~Neon_and_Lylia~ (Soon to belong to cuppy_cakeYT I hope)
Show Name: (optional)
Pet Name: Dot
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GOOSE
she/they
infj 2w1 sx/sp

‎‎‎‎‎‎‎Image Image?!?!?!? Image
My commissions!!
goose0dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #039

Postby ps4 kid » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 am

Current Owner: ~Neon_and_Lylia~
Show Name: The golden Hearted
Pet Name: Lucky

He's wonderful!
May I be added to his ref?

Last bumped by ps4 kid on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 am.
icon credit: chamomile.
dane doodle credit: feyghost
ps4 kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me