Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by woolly

Sweetnose Mastiff #011

Postby woolly » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:02 am

Adopted from the Rescue Event
    Backstory wrote:This exuberant male was surrendered by a family that couldn't take on both new twins and his high level of dominance and general spaziness. Somehow or another during his rough play, knocking into furniture, crashing into walls and such, he managed to break his tail hence the shortness of it when the vet and family opted to amputate it against future breaks. He came to the rescue needing a lot of obedience training and to work out his extreme dominance issues, and the best thing was putting him to work, doing a lot of hiking and agility training with volunteers to work out all the of energy he has. One thing we found is that he would absolute not come up to be petted, but when someone came up to pet him he was friendly as can be, which leads us into believing he's quite the pack leader. He was worked with and now hesitantly comes up to get affection, but there's still a long way to go but we believe you can handle him! Definitely we suggest he's handled in a calm, assertive way and to give him something to do, whenever he's riled up with pent up energy he goes on a jumping craze, chasing his short tail, slipping and falling all which can be dangerous if he falls too hard or gets lose and runs and gets injured.

If rehomed, post here with the username of the person you're giving them to.
    Current Owner: naumachy
    Show Name: -
    Pet Name: Lihir
    Size: 140lbs, 31in
    Color: Black Brindle Piebald
    Genotype: Ayat/Bb/Dd/Kbrk/EE/spsp
    Breeding Notes: Carries liver and dilute
Last edited by woolly on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #011

Postby naumachy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:37 am

AA HE'S SO PRECIOUS,, MY BIG DOOF
the brindling is gorgeous! looks like little gold veins <3

Current Owner: naumachy
Show Name: ///
Pet Name: lihir [often lee; after a gold mine!]

training plans;
- give him a job to look forward to! up early to go with his schedule and energy. most likely a nice hike or visit to a lake if he takes to retrieving. work with staying with his human partner and not getting distracted and off track.
- maybe get him a buddy? a more submissive dog with energy he can match. i don't think that proud streak is gonna leave him, so keep him away from other dominant dogs!
- definitely work more on any food or toy aggression he may have with his dominance, and further dominance training.
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sweetnose Mastiff #011

Postby Neah » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 am

Dep and I are working on giving these babes new genes. ^^

Genotype:
Kbrk / mcmc / EE / Bb / Dd / slsl / AyAt / CchCch / SpSp / mm / Hh / twtw / rr / TiTi / gg / uu / ww

Phenotype:
Fawn with brindle and piebald.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me