Sooty Slate Grullo #123

Postby CertainNorth » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Username; ρѕу¢нσтι¢
Show Name; Beauty Boutique
Barn Name; Beau
Gender; Mare
Eye Color; Lavender
Height; 14.1hh

She is very attentive and has lots or energy when working, but will sleep any chance she gets. She is very cautious around water, even when it's in a bucket she has used for a long time. She likely suffered a traumatic event with water at some point.

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3
Last edited by CertainNorth on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sooty Slate Grullo #123

Postby ceratosaurus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Show Name; Beauty Boutique
Barn Name; Beau
Height; 14.1hh
Last edited by ceratosaurus on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceratosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ceratosaurus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Meeting Beau!

To be honest with everyone, I wasn't entirely sure of myself when the association let out announcements on the Rehoming Event. Bad experiences with horses from abusing homes and awful habitats made me nervous at the mention of such cases with such a large amount of horses. The overcrowding, ungelded stallions in with bunches of mares, everything. At first, I told myself that I didn't need another horse, not after losing my Melody. However, I'm not good at holding back.

Reaching the barn where the rescues were stored hadn't been too hard. I had made sure to park my truck close by, but with enough room that others could get their vehicles in. I hopped out and headed to the back to let down the door of the trailer, making sure that it was still safe inside of it with nothing out of place. With an approving nod, I made my way down the corridor of the barn, glancing at hundreds of horses. I swallowed nervously, a lump building in my throat at the possibility of what could be. Approaching stall number #123, I glanced into the stall carefully, eyes widened at what a beautiful and awful mess was stored inside. I could tell she was absolutely nervous with her stance and widened eyes. Such beautiful eyes they would be with the luster of what had once been. I smiled softly, stepping close to the stall and speaking gently to her. "Hello, beautiful girl. Why did such a pretty girl get stuck in a place that bad, huh?" I open my hand slowly, letting it rest on the top of the stall door. She nickered quietly, backing up to the furthest corner of her stall. I didn't think she'd trust me fully in the beginning, so I knew to be patient. I reached into the pocket of my leather jacket and pulled out a large sugar cube, offering it up in the palm of my hand. She sniffed from her spot, tossing her head in my direction before very slowly creeping towards me, ears flattened softly to her skull. I stood as still as possible, watching her in awe. She paused a few feet from me, eyes widening before scraping the ground with her forelegs. She let out a soft whinny, almost a whistling sound, before approaching me the rest of the distance, teeth settling abruptly around the cube and taking it into her mouth. In all, she seemed pretty pleased with herself.

I clucked to her softly, my tongue hitting the palette of my mouth in rapid strokes. Her stance faltered, ears perked forward in curiosity as she approached me again, shying wide around the bucket of water placed in her stall. I noted that for later, but I hadn't moved my hand and it was a very big surprise when her gargantuan head placed itself into my palm. I slowly raised my hand, scratching along her cheekbones and between her ears. From that point, I knew she was a keeper.
ceratosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ceratosaurus » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:42 am

Meeting Her New Home!

I won't lie - getting Beau to get into the trailer was very hard and I can honestly say I am exhausted to the bone. Every time she would step foot on the trailer door and it'd give the tiniest creaking sound, she would spook and back up, ears flattened. I coaxed her into it after two hours by walking into it with her (and with sugar cubes!). The entire ride home she was terrified and I felt bad listening to her miserably, but I knew that when we got home she'd enjoy having the pasture entirely to herself. It wasn't too long of a drive thankfully, so it wasn't an hour before we pulled up into the yard, and I stopped the truck.

Coaxing Beau back out of the trailer was easier than anything. As soon as I opened the door, she wanted to bolt straight from it, but with the help of a sugar cube, I managed to get her to follow me towards the pasture. She was very cautious and I wanted her to feel like she was safe, so I opened the gate carefully and let her in behind me. The pasture itself wasn't very big, but five acres for one horse was pretty decent. After all, she wouldn't just be grazing. She needed to gain quite a bit of weight before I'd let her do all the grazing she could want. I closed the gate once she was inside and I juts knew she'd enjoy it here.

When she realized she could run, I've never seen a horse more happy than she was. She whinnied loudly, galloping up and down the pasture softly, although I noticed her keeping most of the pressure off of her hind right leg. I watched as she settled beneath a tree, snarfing up grass quickly. A vet trip was in due time but for now, she needed to settle in. I will have to keep an eye on her progress for now.

Last bumped by CertainNorth on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:42 am.
ceratosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me