Golden Palomino Tobiano #124

Postby CertainNorth » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Username; •Pony•
Show Name; Above and Beyond
Barn Name; Sky
Gender; Stallion
Eye Color; Sage
Height;12.2 hands

This stallion loves to take off people's hats/headgear and lip their hair. He loves to lick things. All of the things.

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3

palindrome. added for tack
Last edited by CertainNorth on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Golden Palomino Tobiano #122

Postby •Pony• » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:01 am

Show Name; Above and Beyond
Barn Name; Sky
Height;12.2 hands
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
Image Image Image Image Image Image
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Meeting Your Horse

Postby •Pony• » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:28 am

xxxxxxxx I pulled up to the adoption center and parked my trailer. I walked through the cream-colored double doors and saw a tables set up with adoption papers and files of horses. I was greeted by a single child volunteer with chocolate brown hair with bangs pinned up, and hazel eyes that nervously admitted they weren't expecting an adopter to come today. Her eyes flitted around nervously. I looked out the window in the pastures. There were lots of dirty horses. " I can just come back tomorrow," I suggested.
xxxxxxxx "No, No, that's fine... It's just we received some new ponies today, and we haven't had time to clean them up," she stuttered.
xxxxxxxx "Well if it's ok with you I would like to look at some ponies. Oh, and by the way my name is Sierra."
xxxxxxxx "My name is Lisa, and you can look at some ponies, and I'll show you their pastures."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lisa lead me around and showed me all the ponies and horses, but there was one pony who caught my eye. The pony was filthy, with grass stains and caked with mud, but he had this kindness in his eye that drew me towards him. "What's the tobiano's name?" I asked.
xxxxxxxx"That's Sky. We just got him today and don't really know anything about him, except he's really friendly and loves to lick everything."
xxxxxxxx"Could I meet him and lunge him?"
xxxxxxxx"Sure, we've never lunged him before though so I don't know how he'll react."

xxxxxxxx Lisa took Sky out of his pasture and lead him to the round pen." You can lead him around for a bit while I get the lunge line and lunging whip." she suggested.
xxxxxxxx "Ok," I exclaimed through laughter as he lipped my hair and licked my hands. " You want a treat boy?" I said soothingly as I pulled a peppermint from my pocket. He perked his ears at the rustling of the packaging and crunched the peppermint with delight. Lisa was coming around the corner with the stuff. Sky immediately started flaring his nostrils at the sight of the whip. When Lisa approached the round pen he started backing up nervously.
xxxxxxxx"What's wrong?!" Lisa exclaimed.
xxxxxxxx"Lisa," I said calmly, "Please bring the whip out of his sight." She quickly disappeared, and Sky was calming down already. I walked him around and he started to lick me again. When Lisa came back she looked very relived to see him being himself again.
xxxxxxxx"I'm so sorry!" She blurted out, "We don't know anything about him except he was abandoned when the owner ran out of money."
xxxxxxxx"Why did they just abandon him instead of selling him?"
xxxxxxxx' Were not really sure, but I heard the manager say that the owner had some mental issues," Lisa cried.
xxxxxxxx"It's ok Lisa, it's not your fault. Besides he's a great horse, and I want to adopt him."
xxxxxxxx"Really?" she asked, the final tear dripping out of her eye. She sniffed and wiped her face and said, "Ok, I'll get his adoption papers after we tie him up." She smiled at me as Sky lipped her bangs that had come unclipped.

xxxxxxxxJust as we were tying Sky up and older verson of Lisa came up to Lisa and said "Little sis have we found an adopter?"
xxxxxxxx"Yep," Lisa replied. "Morgan, I would like you to meet Sierra. Sierra, this is my sister Morgan"
xxxxxxxx"Pleased to meet you," I said as we shook hands.
xxxxxxxx"You too," Morgan replied.

xxxxxxxx After I signed the adoption papers and donated some money to the center. I loaded Sky into the trailer which he seemed accustomed to. As I backed out I caught a glimpse of the sisters waving, so I waved back, excited to bring a new pony home.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Introducing Them to Their New Home

Postby •Pony• » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:55 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (144.42 KiB) Viewed 296 times

Click to view full image
Last edited by •Pony• on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gaining Their Trust

Postby •Pony• » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:34 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (126.95 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Click to view full image
Last edited by •Pony• on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bath Time

Postby •Pony• » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:55 am

xxxxxI decide to give a bath so he could be totally clean before his vet appointment. I put Sky in the wash stall and he started to lick his post, unconcerned about being in a new home. I grabbed the currycomb, the hose, and the shampoo. I started to currycomb the mud away and he closed his eyes in pleasure. I scrubbed, and scrubbed removing all of the major clumps of mud. I brushed off the lose dirt with a body brush. I turned on the hose and he side-passed away from the water. "It's ok buddy, It's ok," I repeated soothingly. Sky snorted with relief as I set the hose down and turned off the water. I pored shampoo into my hand and worked it into his coat. He sighed with comfort. He immediately tensed as I turned the hose on. I turned the water so it wasn't ice cold and more of a little warmer than room temperature water. He relaxed as the warm water rinsed away all the shampoo and remaining dirt. I pored conditioner into my hands and gently worked it through his mane and tail. I took a wide toothed comb and gently pulled it through his forelock, mane, and tail. I rinsed out his mane and tail. I took a damp sponge and wiped his face. He threw his head in the air once it got close to his nostrils. I soothed him with encouraging words and he eventually had a clean face. He was all clean so I took a squeegee and got rid off all the excess water. I lead him to his new stall with fresh hay, water, and a Lick-It. He nibbled on the hay but when he found the Lick-It it was like he had found true love. Licking away he was content and happy in his new home.
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

xxxxx
Last edited by •Pony• on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vet Check Up

Postby •Pony• » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:57 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (424.68 KiB) Viewed 286 times

Click to view full image
Last edited by •Pony• on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Farrier Time

Postby •Pony• » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:57 am

xxxxxSky's hooves were horrendous, so I had called the farrier the day before to see when he could come out. I took Sky out of his stall and let him graze. The farrier's pickup truck rolled in the drive and Sky's head shot up with ears perked. He pulled out all of his equipment and lagged it over. Sky immediately licked his bald head once it was in range. He laughed, "You got a friendly one there."
xxxxx"Yeah, he loves to lick everything."
xxxxx" Well, at least he doesn't bite."
xxxxx"He's got that going for him," I chuckled, "But his hooves are a mess." Sky was bored with our conversation and started to graze again. Then the farrier sprayed his legs with fly spray, and Sky backed up with surprise.
xxxxx"It's ok Sky," I said soothingly. The farrier took Sky's hoof and cradled it between his legs. Sky relaxed, clearly knowing what was happening. The farrier started to trim the long, cracked hooves that needed lots of work. Sky seemed unconcerned by him.
xxxxxAfter he finished trimming his hooves, he got out the rasp to clean up the edges and was done in a few minutes. Sky was bored and licked him whenever he got a chance.
xxxxx"I would recommend him to be on a hoof supplement until his hooves regain strength," he said, "But It's entirely your choice."
xxxxx"Ok I'll consider that."
xxxxx"Glad to hear, good bye" he said. The farrier packed up his stuff and lugged it into his pickup truck
and drove off. Then I lead Sky back into his stall he was licking me on the way there. He settled into his stall like nothing had happened and munched his hay.
xxxxxxx
links:
dusa
tolters
aiwp
coding
mae

bears created my avatar
•Pony•

My pets
My items