Coyote Dun Sabino #103

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Username;TheLastSilhouette
Show Name; Skip the Remedy
Barn Name; Remedy
Gender; Stallion
Eye Color; Forest Green
Height; 14.3 hh

This stallion is very feisty and is an expert at crawling under fences.

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3
Last edited by CertainNorth on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Coyote Dun Sabino #101

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:31 pm

He's super handsome :D thank you so much Tendency! xD

Show Name; Skip the Remedy
Barn Name; Remedy
Height; 14.3 hh
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Wait til you get him all cleaned up ;)
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm

He'll probably look even better :)

Is it ok for me to post my writing for the tasks on here?
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Yep! That's the recommended place so I can easily see what you have finished ^^
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Important! Meeting Remedy

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:24 am

Lazy, gray clouds covered the sky the night before Laurin was due to pick up her rescue AIWP, she found out about the breed when she went to adopt one named Banshee a little over a year ago. She fell in love with the breed, her girl Banshee was a dream and she had wanted to get her a friend for a while but couldn't pay the price for one as well trained as Banshee was already. Rescuing one who needed a new home and re-training them didn't sound too bad, what was the worst that could happen?
Laurin's truck rumbled as she drove to pick up her AIWP that was waiting to start a new life, she tucked a couple strands of her turquoise hair behind her ear as she tried to peer through the light rain that was hitting her windshield. Laurin had learned to memorize the road to the AIWP center since she planned on adopting more in the future and would like to know the directions like the back of her hand.

Laurin managed to see the sign for the turn off that would bring her to the center, she felt her truck leave the asphalt of the road and move onto the dirt of the new road. Normally it was dirt, right now it had turned to mud, she shifted into four wheel drive just in case she got stuck and kept driving. She turned down her radio and listened to the pounding of the rain on the roof of her truck, she loved this weather and smiled as she wondered about what kind of horse she was going to leave with. She hoped it was a beauty with some kind of trust and gentleness towards humans.
After a couple minutes the buildings for the AIWP center appeared, she parked her old powder blue truck and stepped out into the rain. Luckily she had brought a sweater with her but she had been stupid and forgot her jacket at home in her excitement this morning. She really didn't care if she got soaked as long as she got her new pony today.

Laurin headed for a large indoor arena that had a sign posted over the door about the AIWP Rescues. She ducked inside and let out a sigh of relief, she was only slightly damp and now had her chance to peer through the pens of horses for hers. Earlier in the week Laurin had gotten a number in an envelope from the center saying that her horse would have that number attached to their pen. She memorized the number the day she got it and now searched the metal rails for a clipboard with the number '11' attached to it. She passed by a couple pens with slow steps and long searching studies of the horses in their pens, after seeing a couple scared, thin, and dirty horses inside she turned to look at just the numbers because seeing such sad and scared horses made her feel so upset and angry at the people who own them before they came here like this.
After a couple more pens, Laurin found the pen that held her new baby. She peeked inside with wide eyes as she saw the horse that was to be hers, he was covered in filth, he was thin and was acting antsy at the sight of her outside of the railing that separated them. He turned a couple circles, eyeing her with one eye and then the other as he did so, she eyed him in return and saw that he was a stallion. She eyed him some more before she dug into her pocket for a couple slices of carrot that she had picked up from a store as she got closer to the center.
"I have something for you, if you don't mind my crazy colored hair and come check out what I have you may find that I have some yummies for you." Laurin said as she held out her hand with the carrots in her palm. The stallion's ears perked up, he eyed her cautiously before taking a couple small steps towards her, she remembered that he was wild, he was neglected so he might have had a treat or two at one point in his life. "Come on, don't be shy or might have to eat these myself." The stallion watched as Laurin ate one of the treats in her hand and walked closer, he wanted to see what was so tasty. His lips barely brushed her hand as he took the rest of the carrot bits from her hand, Laurin was certain he had a treat or two in his life before, just not recently.
The stallion sniffed the hand, looking for more carrots. "That's all I have right now, there'll be more of those though from now on."
Laurin walked away from the pen with her stallion inside to load her horse up, it was time for him to be headed home.

The loading part was difficult, with help from the people at AIWP, they managed to make a chute straight to Laurin's trailer at the entrance to the arena. Remedy was making it difficult, for being neglected he wasn't very fearful of humans, he wasn't fond of them but he was scared enough of them to bolt along the chute into the trailer. After a half hour of trying to push him towards the trailer, shouting didn't bother him, someone reached out to tag him on the butt to get the stallion to move and Remedy turned and bit the guy instead. Remedy didn't like being spanked and he showed it.
Finally he started to move along when Laurin went and grabbed a small amount of grain and managed to lead the stallion by offering the grain in outstretched hands to the stallion, with her walking backwards all the way to the trailer Remedy followed.
He paused at the edge of the trailer's ramp when Laurin walked inside with the grain and watched the girl walk to a bucket at the front and dropped the grain inside for him. He watched her rifling through her pockets for a moment, she found a few more pieces of carrots and showed him that she dropped those in the bucket with the grain. Remedy licked his lips as he slowly walked into the trailer, he didn't the trailer much but it had food and he was desperate for whatever was in that bucket.
Laurin was completely ignored as Remedy stuck his face into the bucket and munched hungrily on the grain and carrots inside. She was close enough to reach and pat him but she knew there was a chance he wouldn't like that and left him alone. She slowly walked back to the opening of the ramp and closed the door. Remedy was now loaded and ready for the ride home.
She waved at the people who helped load Remedy up before heading back down the driveway and turned towards home.
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Remedy Goes Home

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 am

Remedy Goes to his new Home:

A couple hours on the road and before she knew it, Laurin was turning down the road that would be taking them home. Remedy hadn't kicked up much fuss in the trailer during the ride, he was calmer than she had expected but she was glad for it. Taking in an aggressive stud would be the worst thing she could do since she had no idea how to deal with a horse that would prefer to charge instead of avoid her.
After ten minutes of driving on nothing but back road and seeing nothing but large fenced fields on either side, a familiar house came into sight. The blue haired girl smiled as she pulled up by the barn that was just past her home and turned the rumbling truck off. As soon as she stepped out of the truck she heard a welcoming whinny from her mare Banshee, the mare was her first AIWP and she was the one who made her fall in love with the breed.
The girl wanted to greet the mare watching her from the field that ran parallel to the house with ten feet between the house and the pasture. "I'll come say hello in a sec, Banshee. First things first." Laurin opened a small door at the front of the trailer and froze when she came face to face to Remedy, the stallion seemed unfazed by the door and looked ready to walk out the door instead of going back of the trailer. She gently tapped on his chest, wanting to get him to back up, Remedy didn't budge and stood there like a statue.
Laurin let out a nervous sigh as she grabbed a rope that hung loosely on the front of the trailer and cautiously slipped the rope over his head. The stallion didn't like that so much but must've had some training with it at some time because when Laurin pulled slightly on the rope he followed her. The door she opened was wide enough to fit his frame through so she didn't see any problem with him coming out that way and gently pulled on the rope some more.
Remedy paused at the end of the trailer and studied the ground before stepping down, it was awkward, Remedy almost didn't catch himself. Thankfully he got both front feet under him before his face met dirt, catching himself also brought him completely out of the trailer. Now free of the metal box, the stallion curiously looked around, eyes wide and ears swiveling around to catch every faint sound.
Remedy saw Banshee standing at the fence and walked a couple steps towards her, he stopped when the rope around his neck became tight. Laurin clicked softly and pulled on the rope again, heading for the barn, Remedy reluctantly followed, eyes still scanning everything around him.
Inside the barn Remedy proved how big a pain in the butt he could be, after walking to just inside the door of the barn he tensed up and refused to move. No matter how much Laurin pulled on the rope, the stallion wouldn't move. Remedy had decided he did enough following and didn't want to anymore.
The girl tied the rope to a stall door, before walking out if sight and reappearing with a flake of hay in her arms, Remedy hungrily eyed the hay and tried to follow the girl as she walked into the stall he was tied just outside. The stallion couldn't make it all the way into the stall but did his best to stretch out his neck, the girl placed the hay in a bucket just outside Remedy's reach. She could see his desperate hunger to get at the food and took the time to slip the rope off the stallions head.
The stallion brushed up against the girl as he walked into the stall and buried his face into the hay, eagerly munching on the food.
The girl was surprised how easily he was to deal with when food was around, she lightly patted his shoulder before leaving the stallion to eat and get used to his new stall.
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gaining Remedy's Trust

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Gaining Remedy's Trust:

Laurin and her sister Leliana stood outside the stall that held her newest addition to her AIWP family. Remedy, surprisingly calm on the trip and when they had finally got him home and stall had eased her into a false sense of security. This guy wasn't going to be friends immediately, she knew that but he hadn't shown any previous agitation that he was showing now. The stallion boldly watched the girls standing outside with a steely glint and in his eyes and a aggressively playful stance.
The blue haired girl thoughtfully shifted closer to the door, the stallion's reply was to lift his head and turn to watch her with one eye. "He looks ready to charge, Laurin, don't get too close!"
Laurin crouched down before sitting by the bottom of the stalldoor with her back to the wall and positioned so she could easily show her sister, Leliana, that she wasn't worried with a big grin. "It's ok, come sit with me. Remedy seems like a tough guy but he's curious, and he likes food." Leliana gave the blue haired girl a worried look before getting down on all fours and crawling to join her sister by Remedy's stall. Before she even had a chance to sit beside Laurin, Remedy's head was curious peeking over the stall door.
"Woah!"
Seeing a big brown nose right above her head caused the brunette to shout in surprise, the stallion quickly backed into the stall and out of sight. "See? Lelia? He's extremely curious. He likes to know what's going on." Remedy could be heard shuffling around in the stall, there was an odd sound of pawing at the bottom of the door for a couple seconds, as if the stallion was trying to see if he could dig a hole under the door to see if they were still just outside. Eventually it quieted down in the stall, where the faint sound of breathing couldn't even be heard.
After a while of sitting there, Laurin and Leliana started to talk like they normally do, about boys, bands, the weather. They forgot about the stallion that was just inside the stall until after sitting on the floor for an hour they noticed that Remedy's head was partially sticking out of his stall. He was watching them with some caution but he was curious as to why they had seemed to shrink and sniffed at the girl's heads for a moment.
Remedy's head disappeared when Laurin moved to stand up, the motion had surprised him but he didn't go very far. He wasn't as fearful as before and was ready to take every chance to check them out, he watch Laurin stand up all the way. His ears shifted back slightly as he raised his head and became more nervous now that he saw she wasn't very small at all.
He would have moved back farther into his stall when he noticed Laurin had something in her hand, a carrot. The girl took a bite of the carrot and noisily ate it in front of the stallion before offering the rest to him. Remedy stood unsure, he wanted to check out the carrot but didn't want to be near her. Laurin grinned before crouching out of sight with the carrot barely visible at the stall door, it didn't take long after that before Remedy's nose was curiously nudging at the carrot, his lips cautiously testing it before he took the carrot in his teeth and backed away into his stall.

A week and a half went by with Laurin and Remedy going through the same routine of him refusing to eat a treat she offered if she was full height in front of him. After working with him several times a day and with more than enough time spent crouched and hidden by the stall door, she could eventually just walk by and Remedy would be standing by the stall door, cautiously watching her and nosing at her when she had her back turned in hopes of finding the treat without her noticing.
Face to face, he was still nervous and unsure but if Laurin had her back to the stallion, Remedy was less worried and a little more willing to be near her. For her it was enough, he wasn't going to completely trust her in a heartbeat, but it would slowly get better she imagined since the work was just beginning.
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fun Task! Remedy tries out a halter and lead rope

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Remedy's reaction to a halter and Lead Rope;

So far work with Remedy has been unusual, the stallion has proven that certain situations bring out different reactions. Laurin expected the stallion to prove her wrong again when she walked up to his stall with a worn out, fraying, halter and a black lead rope she borrowed for this special moment. The stallion had shown that he had some troubles with having people standing close to him, someone must have given him bad memories that caused him to expect the worst when someone is facing him head on. So the blue haired girl could only wonder what memories, good or bad, that would be brought up at the sight of the halter or rope.
Remedy cautiously watched her, more relaxed around her than when he first came to be stalled but still slightly apprehensive. Laurin set the lead rope outside the stall before entering the stall with the halter in hand, she wouldn't be able to get him anywhere until she could get the halter on him. Laurin turned her side to the stallion and did an awkward sideways walk towards his head, she found he didn't mind much unless she approached his face with her body positioned directly at him. She could walk backwards right up to him and he wouldn't back away one step, he probably didn't see humans like other horses so he didn't worry about being kicked by her.
After coming within arms reach of Remedy, Laurin turned her back to the stallion and slowly shifted into a crouch. The stallion was expecting to be given some kind of treat and surprised as well as curious as to what Laurin was doing now, his muzzle gently brushed her shoulder as he sniffed her shirt down to her back pocket, smelling the faint smell of carrots. Remedy's curious investigation along her back made her laugh as she, pulled a carrot out of the back pocket that the stallion had previously been smelling.
Remedy caught sight of the treat and eagerly moved to poke his head over the girls shoulder as she moved to 'eat' the treat herself. When the stallion did what she expected him to for the treat she happily gave it to him and gently rubbed her hands all over his face before quickly slipping the halter over his face before he had the chance to pull back. The stallion moved away then and moved to watch Laurin from a distance, she had done something that surprised him but didn't necessarily scare him since the stallion didn't seem upset about the halter being slipped on.
She slowly stood up and peeked at him over her shoulder, Remedy was being suspicious with how calm and accepting he was of the halter. Laurin was sure that he would cause some kind of fuss even if it was a small freak out.
"So you've been haltered at some point before, you really don't care about that at all. I could've put that on you normally I guess, huh?" Remedy's ears moved slightly towards Laurin's voice but that was the only thing, he stood perfectly still waiting to see what else she had planned.
"Well if you've been haltered then you've probably been led around before since you did so well when you first got here. You won't be scared of some simple rope, would you?" She asked him as she grabbed the lead rope from over the top of the stall door and pulled it up and over. Remedy did move then, Laurin turned to see where the stallion had chosen to go to in the stall and found him standing as close to the back of the stall as possible with wide eyes watching the lead rope.
The blue haired girl let out a sigh and shook her head, she should have known. Remedy was too calm and accepting of the halter to not have some kind of problem with the lead rope. This stallion was always the king of unusual.
Laurin didn't make a move towards the stallion but he was shifting and pawing the ground, he was obviously very upset and fearful of what she was going to do with the rope. She quickly left the stall when Remedy started to turn his butt to her with his tail tensed and one leg ready to kick out if she tried to do anything with the lead rope.
"It's ok, Rem. We won't do anything with the lead rope today. We'll save that for another time and another place."
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bathing Remedy

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:40 am

Bath Time!

Bathing Remedy was a pretty exciting moment, the stallion was clipped to cross ties in a special bathing stall with a drain to keep the rest of the barn from becoming soaked. The stallion nervously pulled at the ropes still unhappy about being near any kind of lead rope that prevented his freedom to move around. Laurin gently patted Remedy's shoulder as she slowly turned on the water, the stallion went from nervous to interested, his head turned to watch the water running.
Laurin experimentally let the warm water barely brush the stallion's rump to see what he would do, the latter remained still. Without any bad reaction from Remedy, Laurin cautiously directed the water to pour over his back end on both sides. He reacted then with a large sigh as he backed up a step, the blue haired girl took that as the cue to move the water up his back. As she did, Remedy just relaxed even more and half-closed his eyes.
Unsure about how far she should let the water go on the stallion she stopped at his shoulder blade. Remedy opened his eyes when she stopped, turned to the water and dunked his own head to show he wanted to be bathed all over.
After that Laurin was less cautious about where to go with the water, Remedy liked it no matter where the water ran on him. After getting his coat nice and wet came the fun part, Remedy didn't like being bathed much even though he loved being sprayed with water. Laurin was constantly moving as the stallion shifted when she scrubbed his filthy coat with some simple horse shampoo, he even decided to try and nip at her when she moved to scrub his chest inbetween his forelegs.
The stallion didn't try that again when he got a mouthful of suds from Laurin's arm, he chewed as he did his best to get the nasty soap out of his mouth. After that he assumed all of her tasted as bad as the soap and went back to trying to shift away, he couldn't get far and eventually gave up moving at all since Laurin wasn't going to stop and he secretly enjoyed the grooming he was getting.
Once Remedy was all lathered up with Soap, including his mane and particularly ratted tail, Laurin grabbed the hose and watched Remedy go from bored to excited. She turned up the hose and laughed when she went to start washing the soap away and Remedy again dunked his whole face. After rinsing out the soap and seeing how truly white and clean he could be, she was pleasantly surprised that bathing him had changed her frog into a prince.
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me