Sooty Silver Buckskin Frost Appaloosa #101

Postby CertainNorth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Username;Chibi~Predator
Show Name; HG No Regrets
Barn Name; Getta
Gender; Mare
Eye Color; Peach
Height; 14hh

This mare likes to pick up and throw objects, often at people for more attention. She is impossible to keep clean.

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3
Last edited by CertainNorth on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sooty Silver Buckskin Frost Appaloosa #099

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:47 pm

Show Name; HG No Regrets
Barn Name; Getta
Height; 14hh
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Meeting Getta

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:17 pm

I amble around the farm I just drove to, they recently got an import of Irish war ponies, and I've put in an application to buy one and rehab it. I look in the different paddocks until one dirty little mare catches my eye. It's hard to tell her coat color underneath all of the dirt and grime, but I think she's an appaloosa. I call out to the groom nearby.

"What about this mare?" I don't see anything indicating that this horse is a gelding or stallion. She walks up to me and snatches the hat from my head, throwing it across the paddock before pawing it into oblivion. The groom walks over.

"She's a bit of a handful, you sure you want her?" He asks.

I nod and hold out my papers, then sit at a table as close to the paddock as possible to fill out my papers. The mare follows me, nickering softly. I fill out the papers with her show name and barn name, 'HG No Regrets' AKA 'Getta'. I finish the papers and stand with them in my hand. I turn to the filthy mare.

"Hello Getta." Her ears perk at my words. and she tilts her head a bit. I grin and head inside to get my papers confirmed. She tries to follow, but can't. I give my papers to the head and wait until I get the oh so lovely 'yes'. I walk out with a rope and go into the pasture with Getta, she charges me and stops with her muzzle inches from my face.

The rope loops perfectly about her neck and I lead her out with the help of treats. I load her into the trailer and she starts to buck. Well, it'll be a long drive home.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Settling in

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 am

I unloaded Getta last night. The mare seems very curious and is kicking her hay around in the spacious paddock. I went in earlier and she'd taken my hat and threw it. She's very amusing and stubborn. The filthy mare canters around and around, tossing her head and whinnying loudly. I should make the paddock larger, but I don't want to, I need her to be easy to catch. She eventually calms and yawns loudly in my face.

"Come on, Getta. Your breath is kinda smelly." I gently push her head away and wander off.

After coming back later. I find Getta even filthier than before and laying down in a mud puddle. She snorts and whinnies at me, getting up and grabbing my hat. I hang onto my hat, and the mare lifts her head up, effectively pulling me into the air. I squirm, and then my hat rips and I fall hard on the metal bars of the fence. "Uf!" Jeez, that hurt. I scold Getta breathlessly and she shakes her head playfully and trots off with my ruined hat. I slowly get up and make my way out. She seems to have settled in.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gaining Trust

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 am

I enter Getta's paddock, hatless. She seems disappointed. I sneak up and she trots away from me, fleeing from me. Oh dear, it seems that despite her antics, she's truly scared of me. I outstretch a hand and offer her a chunk of apple. she sniffs it and watches me warily before approaching and delicately nibbling the fruit from my hand. I try to pet her while she chews, but she jerks away and goes to the other side of the paddock. I sit on a hay bale and wait, hoping to show her I'm not a threat. It takes a while, but she wanders up to me and starts eating the hay. I reach out and pat her neck. This results in a snort and a twitch from the mare. I stroke her matted coat gently, working my fingers to dislodge the dirt and loose hairs. We spend time like this for a good while, just enjoying each other's company. We end the day with her letting me briefly hug her head before I leave.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Bath

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:11 am

I walk into the pasture, having moved Getta to it a day ago. I make my voice high and chirpy when I call her name, she adores that.

"Getta! Sweety! C'mere!" I call happily to the mare, who canters over to me a bit too quickly, and I stumble back. Having worked with horses for quite a while, them galloping or cantering up still worries me, though it shouldn't. I slip her halter on and lead her to the crosstie shower. I clip her in and and turn on the water. Getta shifts away and her ears turn back towards me. I cluck soothingly at her and feel the water to make sure it's the right temp, satisfied, I spray her back lightly, watching the water run brown down her flanks. Ugh, she's filthy, this is gonna take a while. I get her soaked and pull out the shampoo and sponge, which I use to soap up her coat and mane. I take out the comb while that sits and start on her mane and tail with a mix of shampoo and conditioner, then start working out the mats. The mare shifts boredly and starts seeming to go to sleep. I finish her tail after almost an hour and rinse her coat before soaping it again, since it's still filthy. I then start on her mane, which isn't as hard as her tail was, it only takes me thirty minutes. I intend to pluck it later to make it nice and pretty. I return my attention to her coat and put my back and shoulders into scrubbing out the muck. I rinse three more times, soaping after the first two, before I'm satisfied that she's perfectly clean. Since it's gotten late, I put her in her nice clean stall, lined with hay. She grabs my hat and starts a tug of war with me when I step back, little attention hog. I give her her dinner and leave.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VET

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 am

I called the vet earlier to schedule an appointment, Getta needs a coggins test, general vaccinations, and a simple physical exam. The vet arrives on time, and I already have Getta in the crossties. The vet and I have a discussion about the mare's history, and I explain the lack of pedigree. The vet merely nods and gets started with the mare, who is immediately quite skittish when she sees the needle. I pat her on the nose soothingly while the vet draws some blood for the coggins. She shifts slightly and the vet grunts when she accidentally steps on his foot. I chuckle nervously and apologize, then make Getta get off of his foot. He goes back and gets the vaccinations, then injects her while I hold her head soothingly. The mare nibbles sweetly on my shirt while I do so. After the vet is done, we give her a little break before the physical. The vet makes sure she isn't lame or have any hidden injuries. She checks out, but she still needs to gain a few more pounds and have a farrier visit. I thank him and pay, then he leaves.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Farrier

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:58 am

After the vet told me to call the farrier, I obeyed. I have the appointment set up for today. I hold her by the lead rope, since she's proven difficult to handle with her feet. The farrier's truck drived in a little late and the stocky woman steps out and greets me cheerfully. This lady has been working on both of my stables for years now and we're good friends.

"Let's get a look at this gal's feet." She says, cheerful as ever. She winces when she sees the cracked, overgrown hooves and I go through the same explaination I did with the vet. She nods and pats Getta's shoulder, then leans over to pick up the mare's foot. Getta hops an little and I jerk the lead rom lightly to make her stop. I croon, "Easy there baby.". The mare cedes to me and the farrier gets to work on her terrible feet. She gets trimmed and shoed on all four feet to help the cracks heal. I also get some thrush medication to take care of a mild case that's developed in her right back hoof. It takes about two hours to get her all cleaned up, but when she is, I pay the farrier and she heads out. Getta is very confused by the shoes when I bring her back out to pasture and she acts like a dog wearing booties. It's quite hilarious.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Feeding

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:59 am

WIP
OutdatedBoombox