Blackened Seal Bay- #92

Postby palindrome. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 am

Username; palindrome.
Show Name; RHA Exact Prediction
Barn Name; King
Gender; Stallion
Eye Color; Topaz//Caramel
Height; 14.2Hh

If left inside for too long in a stall, once he is pastured or (later on) ridden, he has large amounts of energy. I.e; Does not sit well.

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3

Tasks

. meeting your horse - you only get one so lets hope the meeting is good!
. introducing them to their new home - lets make sure they are comfy and feel safe in their new home!
. gaining their trust - these horses come from bad situations so many don't trust humans anymore! Show them we aren't all bad!
. bath time - your horse will be very dirty when you first get him/her you will need to clean 'em up!
. vet check up - these horses are underweight and many suffer from injuries or disease! We need the vets to help us get them healthy again!
. farrier time - not only were they unhealthy but their feet were in vary bad condition. We need a farrier's help!
. feeding time - these horses are in need of a good feeding. Maybe a nice little treat as well. Shh, we won't tell!
. healthy and clean - your horse has put on a lot of weight and is all healthy and beautiful like a horse should be! Now its time for fun!
----*(Do after)*----
. first experience with halter and lead rope - these horses have through a lot so they don't all really remember their manners
. meeting a friend - these horses have relied on their herd for emotional support some may still need a friend no matter the species
. first trail ride - we have gained their trust now lets enjoy their company in nature
. ground work - ground work is a great way to bound with your horse and is fun to do
. trick learning - some horses may even be smart enough to learn fun tricks!
. perform in a chosen discipline - maybe you have a feature show jumper or maybe we have an amazing steer cutter! Oh the fun of finding out!
. first experience with water - you are out riding and come across a stream/creek what will happen next?
. practice makes perfect - we can't win a competition right off the bat! To compete and win you need to practice first!
More fun tasks to come! If you have a fun task suggestion please PM kels. about it!
Last edited by palindrome. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:21 am, edited 12 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the birds work for the bourgeoisie

Area II Showjumpers
Resales, Retraining, Repurposing horses-
And drawing them when i get the chance (-:

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Blackened Seal Bay- #92

Postby palindrome. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:54 am

First Meeting & Adjusting into the New Place

"This one is the one you'll be taking," The man casually offhanded, and shrugged at the dirt-covered black standing in the pen, looking perfectly normal. "This one isn't spooky or anything. But we know he doesn't sit well, so you might wanna get him comfortable before you let him out in the field." I nod and watch as he is pushed into the trailer.

Two hours of driving later, I pull up and let the horse into the large round pen with no problems, and the first experience of actually being able to come to and touch him, I had an apple with me. He was looking around with a relaxed countenance.
I had no problems with giving him the apple and playing lightly with his crusted up mane, and he stood still gladly, sighing lightly in a show of relaxation. He settled in easily afterwards, his curiosity letting him do so with a glad look around his new pen.

One stone thrown. Two birds down.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:20 am

Gaining the Trust Card

The next day was quiet as I left my house and head out to the barn. I was met with a nicker, and the stallion stood with ears pricked at the fence. I fed the horses quickly, and came around to the seal black, feeding him and taking a few minutes to pat him and get a little better acquainted with him. I patted his thick neck, and watched him cropping the grass after finishing his grain and weight booster.

I played around with him some more, and eventually we were on very good friendly terms. I of course, had some stuff to get done around though, so I had to leave after awhile. In the time I'd spent with him, I decided to come up with a name for him, just to call him. I thought of King, and it just kind of stuck over the next few days with him.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 am

Bath Time!

After morning chores, I decide it's time to try a bath for King. I get the bucket with soapy water filled up, my shampoo bottle and condition also nearby for his mane and tail, and get to work. He was pretty okay as far as water came, only becoming nerved up when the hose got close to his face, and sat well to be scrubbed. By the end of the bath, he was able to be sprayed, with low settings, on his cheek, muzzle, the center of his face, and his favorite was in his mouth.

This is a direct kick of in the direction of being sprayed down with flyspray and show sheen. After a huge battle, I sprayed him down with both at the same time to eliminate stress, and he was okay by the end of it all.

Now I need a shower. Oh well.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 am

Farrier- And a Vet

I called out my farrier the next day; who happened to be an experienced vet as well, and he gave the horse a thorough check-over. He also gave his bare; cracked hooves a trim and put 4 iron shoes on him- adding light weights for dressage standardizing when I got around to riding him, and assigned several weight boosters and a new feed. I bought everything including some supplements for his health, buying some treats and such, and got everything set up. His coggins would be coming back in a few days, as well as a quick check in to be sure the shoes were a perfect match up to his needs.

He had light worms, which were treated for and within days, by the time I got his coggins, he looked healthier and happier already. I figured it was time to try him in a stall, and put him on night turnout with a kool coat still, just so his dark coat didn't sun bleach out. He was getting more and more energized through the days, with regular grooming and care, and he had added weight and gloss to his coat.

So, how I chose what kind of discipline was very easy to do. I saw him trotting in the field the second day he was arrived to my barn, and it was then and there that his movement scored high in my mind.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Healthy And Clean

King was a much happier, shinier and nosier individual now that we was all cleaned up, and I noticed this almost astonishing change at once. He was frequently put out with a few colts in the pastures to run and play around, considering he was to be gelded soon after his riding career was starting, just in the case of any incident happening ever, if he did not pass all of the required passes to remain un-gelded.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 am

Training Progress

King swished his tail as I cued his piaffe, and gave a gentle tap on his haunches. He bounced along with a trying Piaffe, drifting ever so slightly but catching on how to be still in one place.
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 am

A King in a Show

King rounded out perfectly over the bit when I asked him for his entering gait, a smoothly rolling medium working trot, and we moved solidly up to X with no stutters. On the halt, he squared up perfectly, and stood through my salute. I brought my hand back up to the reins, drawing a deep breath and relaxing my shoulders back, giving him the almost seamless cue to move out of the halt at a passage. We tracked right at C, and on accident, I felt him over-bend and fall in on his right shoulder. I fixed it as we moved out, easing steadily into a piaffe at V, and tapping him back forwards to a working canter.

67.3% Cleared! Earned a third!
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:21 am

Trick Training!

I decided that since the show and how well he did, maybe it was time to kick back a notch and try some liberty work. I worked through basics- him learning to follow me (first in hand on a loose lead, and then without a lead) and come to me when called by a whistle. His ridiculously goofy personality made training him more fun and a lot less stressful, and I was thankful for his tricky little personality. He never got boring for me, it was like his expressions changed constantly and he was concentrating to hard on pleasing me and doing what I asked.

(Art to come!)
Last edited by palindrome. on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palindrome. » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:59 pm

First Trail Ride~

I had just finished a long exercise ride with King and cooled him down when a thought crossed my mind- A nice trail ride. Or at least, what I hope will be a nice trail ride. It's my first time doing this with him, so as I walked him down the first trail with a few friends behind us, I was careful to remind him of my presence. His ears swiveled about and he pricked his nostrils in interest at little things, like stirs in the bushes caused by small animals, and sounds of birds calling above. By the end he had relaxed to a nice swing, lazily weary still though. His ears stayed forwards for the most part and as we came back into the barn premises he seemed nearly lethargic. I rinsed him down, and put his cool coat on. After, me and my friends went out for dinner and hung out that night.

Area II Showjumpers

palindrome.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes