Sooty Dappled Buckskin Tobiano #083 by mewmew.

Based on Click to view
Artist mewmew. [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sooty Dappled Buckskin Tobiano #083

Postby mewmew. » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:25 am

Username; dreamwalker
Show Name; Dance The Dark Away
Barn Name; Ferris
Gender; stallion
Eye Color; mint green
Height; 13.2

This stallion is one of the horses that came in from being abandoned. For some reason he doesn't like to sit still, he seems to always be moving.

Owner fill out;

Code: Select all
        [b]Show Name;[/b]
        [b]Barn Name;[/b]
        [b]Height;[/b]

Rules and Breed Standards wrote:These guys usually range from 12.3Hh-14.2Hh (or .3 depending) and are strong little guys. They used to pul coal from mines, so they needed to have stamina of a quarter horse but power and accessibility- making them muscular and stout. So please when entering, enter by the standards of breed! Thanks all!<3
Last edited by mewmew. on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
all things from me are currently having to wait due to me being sick and pregnant.
muleclancats of the bluegrass
•art by CertainNorth

mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sooty Dappled Buckskin Tobiano #083

Postby dreamwalker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 am

Show Name; Dance The Dark Away
Barn Name; Ferris
Height; 13.2hh

Thank you so much :D I can't wait to work with this boy!

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Meeting Your Pony
hope its alright that I leave people out of the frame (other than perhaps the occasional hand) because I can't draw humans to save my life >.>

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:22 am

Gaining Their Trust

my writing isn't the best, i hope your brain is okay after this xD

Dirt caked ears pricked up at the sound of booted footsteps approaching the stall. The top half of the door was latched open, allowing for light and air-flow, and the dirty little pony inside stuck his head out to see who was coming. It was that two-legged girl again, and this time she had her hands stuffed in the pockets of her jacket. She'd come around at regular intervals over the past couple of days to pour grain into a bucket hanging from the wall, or toss hay in, or fill the water trough that sat in the corner. He'd grown more accustomed to her coming and going, but this time was different. It was the middle of the day, not sunrise or sunset like it usually was when she came around. The break in routine made him nervous and he retracted his head back into the stall, moving away from the door and back towards the far wall. A few short, soft whistles came from the door way when the human reached it and looked inside, and she said something in the strange language of the two-leggeds.
"c'meere~ C'mon handsome boy, I've got some sweets for you" she cooed, digging in her pocket and pulling out a sweet smelling lump. The pony swung his head around to look in her direction, nose twitching and nostrils flaring to catch the scent of the treat and try to identify it. The brown colored nugget rested in her outstretched palm and the smell was tantalizing. Unfortunately, getting the treat would require coming closer to the human. And that was a no-no.
"C'mon, I won't bite" she cooed again, bouncing the treat in her palm lightly to keep his attention. The stallion whickered softly and stretched his neck out, but wouldn't step closer. "oh, come on you big baby" she said in a gentle tone, tossing the first nugget onto the ground a few feet out of his reach. He eyed her for several moments before slowly rolling his weight and stepping forward enough to reach it, lipping it up out of the straw and munching it contentedly.
"see? that wasn't so bad, now was it?" His head listed again at the sound of her voice and his ears perked forward, nose twitching when he caught the sweet, oaty smell again and spotted a treat in her outstretched hand once more. He drew his head back, neck arching up slightly in his attempt to keep his face out of her reach. "come on. Come and get it, I'm not going to toss this one for you" she continued coaxing him in a soft voice, shaking the nugget until he finally took a step forward and plucked it out of her hand quickly.
"progress. Now we're getting somewhere. Do you want the last one?" the last little nugget was pulled from the pocket of her jacket and she offered it to him, holding her arm closer to her body this time. He contemplated this situation for a few seconds before easing closer again and stretching his neck to reach the treat. Once he had it, she placed a gentle hand on the bridge of his nose and stroked his face for a few moments. He allowed the contact for a short time before slowly moving his head back. The girl let her hand drop back to her side and she smiled at him. It was a step in the right direction, he trusted her enough to allow her to touch his face, and that's all she needed for the time being, they could work on the rest in time.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 am

No one bathes a horse without also getting a bath themselves.
This was especially true when it came to bathing Farris for the first time. The horse was caked knee deep in mud, his mane and tail were horribly tangled with dried mud and burrs, and the once white bits of his coat were stained with dirt and grass. Bathing him was no easy or quick task. He had come to trust his human enough to allow himself to be led into a set of cross ties, and a hose was used to soak him down while she used her fingers to start massaging away the worst of the dirt in his coat. Brown water flowed from his body and onto the ground, where it was wicked away towards a drain in the floor to keep it from pooling.
Just getting the initial dirt off took nearly half an hour of scrubbing with finger tips and running hose water over him repeatedly to rinse it away.
Once the worst of it was off shampoo was added to the mix and this took yet more scrubbing with fingers and the use of a few brushes to ensure that the soap reached as much of the dirt as possible, his white patches finally beginning to lose some of their dirty brown color. His legs were freed of their layers of mud, the hair of his fet locks no longer clumped into tangled messes that looked like rats' nests hanging from his legs. The first round of shampoo was rinsed away and Ferris received another going over with a gentler shampoo to keep from drying his skin out, scrubbing the last bits of dirt from his body and leaving him wet, but with a far cleaner coat than before.
His body had taken time and patience to clean, but his mane and tail were an entirely different matter all together. Conditioner and de-tangling liquid were generously poured into the mess and massaged in to help with all the snaggs and bits of debris caught in the long hairs. A series of combs and brushes were gently worked through the mess, starting from the bottom and worked up to the base of the tail and mane until all the twigs, burrs, and clumps of mud had been painstakingly removed and the hair could be brushed through without much resistance. Another round of conditioner ensured that the hair was given proper moisturizing and would hopefully re-gain its softness.
With the water finally running clear from Ferris' coat (revealing that he truly was tobiano under all that dirt), a slicker was used to squeegee away excess water, leaving him considerably drier than before, and his lead was clipped into place so he could be taken out for a walk to dry him the rest of the way before he was placed back in his stall, looking much happier and more relaxed than before, eyes bright and ears perked forward in interest

woot, now we have a clean pony running about!

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:35 am

Vet check

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:00 am

Farrier Help

"Easy, bud. He just needs your foot for a bit"
Ferris snorted and looked down at the girl who was lightly pinching at the back of his right front leg, attempting to get him to lift the hoof off the ground for the farrier. All four of his hooves were dirty, overgrown, and cracked. They were in desperate need of help from the farrier, but if he didn't yield and lift his foot for them they weren't going to get very far at all.
"Come on, don't be stubborn" she insisted, lightly tapping his knee and trying to lift the foot again. Ferris made a grumbling sound in his throat and slowly rolled his weight to the other three legs, allowing her to lift the foot for only a moment before he pulled it from her hands and set it back on the ground again, snorting and shaking his head.
"Don't be such a baby, he's not going to lob your whole foot off" his girl insisted, straightening up and planting her fists on her hips in annoyance. "come on, lets try one more time" the hand pressing to his leg again and he considered the request for several moments before allowing her to lift his leg, letting her hold onto his hoof this time. The farrier stepped into place and took the leg from her, resting it against his knee as he began his work of cleaning, trimming, and filing the hoof so it could be fitted with a shoe. Ferris was unaccustomed to the clink of the clippers and rasp of the file and his ears tilted back uncertainly. His human rested a hand on his shoulder, murmuring to him calmly and snorting back laughter when he leaned his weight onto the Farrier's lap and made the man stagger. He let the pony set his hoof back on the ground for a few moments and knocked hoof shavings off of his tools before making another attempt. Ferris swung his head around to watch the man, keeping his foot planted firmly when the farrier tried to lift it. "come on, big guy. This won't take long" he urged, but the stallion only snorted and leaned more weight on the leg. The farrier glanced to his owner for help and she traded places with him once more, pushing on Ferris' shoulder lightly and pinching the back of his leg until he lifted his foot for her. "He must not like me much" the ferrier mused, taking his place again and finishing up the hoof. He moved along to trimming the other three in turn, having to let Ferris' girl lift each foot for him because the stubborn pony wouldn't have it any other way.
"Lets see about getting him fitted with some shoes now" he finally puffed when he'd finished trimming down the last foot, setting it back on the ground and moving to where his equipment was stacked. He chose one of the shoes he'd brought with him and checked the size and fit against Ferris' hoof, mumbling to him self and moving off to adjust it. Ferris couldn't see what the man was doing, but he listened intently to try and place the sounds coming from behind him and off to the right. The first strike of the hammer against metal nearly scared him out of his skin and he jumped hard, yanking back against the lead that held him. His owner was quick to grab the rope and try to ease him back down into a calmer state "easy bud, easy. Its not going to hurt you, settle down" she spoke softly and stroked the side of his neck, letting him swing his rump to the side to try and turn enough to see what was going on. "look, he's just fixing your shoes. You're fine"
He snorted and pressed his nose to her arm uncertainly, ears twitching forward and back several times. The farrier waited until he had settled to continue his work, Ferris jerking his head again at the sound but not spooking as badly as before once it had fallen into a rhythm.
Once the shoe was the proper size the farrier stepped over again, holding several nails in his mouth and positioning the shoe against the bottom of his hoof, carefully tapping the nails into place and letting Ferris test the hoof against the ground, watching closely to make sure it was properly placed. Once he was sure it was in order, he moved on to the next foot, having less trouble shoeing the other three. Ferris shuffled his feet and stepped in place antsily until his girl untied his lead and took him for a walk around, smiling at the sight of his now much more shapely hooves and the ease with which he walked in the new shoes. "that's much better, isn't it?"

bleh, idk man. I'm rusty with this whole writing thing >.>

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:56 am

Fully body art for healthy and clean is a WIP