Readopt N022 closed winner posted by Ardra

Based on Click to view
Artist Ardra [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Readopt N022 closed winner posted

Postby Ardra » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:12 am

By adopting you are AGREEING to the TOS, you must abide by them!

What is a Makoatl?
A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered
off the coast of the Greenland sea. They have the powerful tail
and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon.
They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-
adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat.
They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious
hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they
are very protective and mothering to their offspring,
as well as to each other the majority of the time.

This contest will end July 30th
You may add ONE extra! Art or writing, Art must be 2 or less pieces, writing 500 words or less! Prettying up is allowed<3

For this contest, give me their favourite word and why!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Favourite Word / Why:[/b]
[b]1 Extra:[/b]
Last edited by Ardra on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
Ardra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Readopt N022

Postby Luscinia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am

Username: Lioncourt

Name: Vale

Favourite Word / Why:

Queue is Vale's favorite word. Why? Because he's an actor. Hearing the director call out his queue during play practice or filmed acts always gives him a rush that he loves more than anything. Whenever Vale hears or sees this word, he's reminded of this beloved rush that pulses through his body and sends chills up his spine...

1 Extra:
        W.I.P <3
Luscinia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elephant Graveyard » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 am

Username: Nuclear Pie
Name: Eden
Favourite Word / Why: Moon. Why is moon his favorite word? Because one day he dreams of living upon the moon, and is a full blown nerd about it as well. The way he feels about the dusty orb in space isn't even hard to point out, as he gets to be very moony once the subject is brought up. In fact, once the subject is brought up, it would probably just be best to abort the conversation.
1 Extra: Short Story

It was a good day honestly, a good day of relaxing. Well, to him anyways. Why was it a good day, you may ask? Well, it was a good day to him due to the steady patter of raindrops against his window along with the distant rumble of thunder and the flashes of light that would sometimes echo his room. That, now that, was why it was a good day of relaxing. He knew others would probably be bummed out for the rain, but he found it particularly soothing. In fact, if it wasn't for his love of reading, he would be outside now. But sadly paper and water didn't go too well together, and ink and water certainly didn't mix. He knew that from experience too, and had even lost one of his favorite books to the incident. Nonetheless, he had thankfully learned instead of refusing the obviousness and attempting to invent ways to avoid it. Nah, he liked his life simple, and if he overworked himself it certainly wouldn't be simple. In fact, it would be the opposite of simple, complicated.

And so that day he could be found reading peacefully under his think blanket on his bed, his tail flopping over the edge as it usually did. The book he was reading wasn't anything out of the normal that he usually read, which usually had to do with outer space. More or less focused on the moon as well. But today he reading about possible forms of life on the moon, and how there might be life on the planet one day. However, he knew Mars would probably come first, and he might not live till life on the moon, but he still hoped for it, and the more he read about the moon, the more he hoped indeed. For he was what some may say obsessed, and not just in small ways. Perhaps it was all the references he made. Oh well, it was something like that. But he honestly couldn't help himself, that was just him being him. And so what if he got to be a little obnoxious sometimes, he just didn't care. Perhaps that was why he didn't have many friends though. Most just called him a nerd. He didn't care about the name, but he did dislike the bullying, which was another reason why he liked the rain. It was highly unlikely that a bully would show up to knock him down or something. Bullies didn't bother him much though, they were just the idiots of the place that were looking for attention to him. It was true, they got attention, but honestly he would never want that kind of attention for himself.

It seemed the day would be quite peaceful for him. After all, it was just him, his blanket, his little stuffed narwhal, and his book on the moon that orbited planet earth. Nothing he couldn't wish for anymore. Of course, that was what he had thought anyways. Life never seemed to like him though, and today the life was scared out of him when he heard a banging on his front door of his cabin. Followed in reaction from him, the male jumped, his stuffed animal falling onto the floor with a soft clunk. Climbing out of bed quickly, or more like falling out of bed, he quickly picks up the narwhal before scampering towards the front door. Not only until he reached his own bedroom door did his blanket fall off him. And he didn't even stop to pick it up either. After all, it seemed someone was at the door and he certainly didn't wish to leave them out in the rain. That was bad manners and unlike some, he didn't participate in that behavior.

Finally reaching the door, he opens it and stares out into the pouring rain. Funny, nothing was there. Great. He had been pranked, and he had been so warm and comfortable too. Although when he looked down in the way he would retreat to close the door, he found a small basket, in which inside cradled a clay circle as it seemed, which was painted by the looks of the moon. Calling out a thank you, the male picks up the basket and places it inside his cabin before closing the door. He hadn't known of ordering something, so perhaps it was a gift. From who, he didn't know, but whoever it was from, he would hopefully find out.

[747 words c;(didn't see the word limit before sorry, I'll make another story if needed in replace for this one.)]
Last edited by Elephant Graveyard on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Elephant Graveyard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Username:
Name:
Favourite Word / Why:
1 Extra:
quitting chicken smoothie.

I am keeping my characters unless stated in their species rules I can't. I will gift the ones to close friends that I know will be active.

Do not ask for any of my pets or items, thank you.
Do not pm me. If i get one I won't read it.

If I lost a tryout contest winner is free to the art in my form. If I won you CAN pm me for this only reason. Title the pm, "You won!"

Thanks for being a great community. I did have fun.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxy The Pirate » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Username: Foxy The Pirate
Name:
Favourite Word / Why:
1 Extra:

Res <3
Last edited by Foxy The Pirate on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xx╔══════╗
she/her
i'm always open to talk
i wont bite i promise
just fyi i do art
i am total trash
and i'm a total
anxious wreak over
everything
meme acid

xx╚══════╝
Foxy The Pirate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollosaurus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:22 am

Username: ~Apollo~
Name: Matt
Favourite Word / Why:
hack
/hak/
verb
    use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system.
    "they hacked into a bank's computer"

1 Extra:
Last edited by Apollosaurus on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
i'm no longer active here
if you really need to contact me please message me on da (@frank-poole) or toyhouse (@apollosaurus)
Apollosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsplash » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:51 am

Username:
Name:
Favourite Word / Why:
1 Extra:
image by danny
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wolfsplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krist Fullmetal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:41 am

Username:
Krist Fullmetal, please note I am using a completely redesigned character concept for this lovley boy.
Name:
Trent
Favourite Word / Why:
"Boy"
Though it may seem a little childish Trent's favorite word is boy. His father would always call him a boy from when he was a child to when his father moved out. Ever since his father had moved out life had gotten kinda lonley for the young mako, the only thing, or more like things, that kept him occupied was his flock of sheep. Though the word has some bad memories attached to it like Trent messing up and getting scolded or worse for such things, it has more good memories accosicated with it. It's also a word then Trent knows the meaning of, now that would not be so important if Trent had a large vocabulary and could read or write. Since reading and writing weren't to important to learn on the farm he never botherd with them, leading to his vocabulary being very basic.
Story:
It was a cooler morning on the farm as the sun started peaking over the horizon casting orange and pink light over the land. A slight breeze shook some leaves off of the trees. Trent walked up to the medium size wooden barn, the ground cool on his paws, and unlocked the large doors. He then opened them and walked inside, some of the sheep where still resting but the younger sheep and the ram where up and stared at him intently. The Ram then brayed and woke up all of the slumbering animals who where now wary and alert. Trent let out a little whine thinking Its going to be harder to get them out of the barn now.... All of the sheep gathered behind the ram who in turn stomped his hooves and snorted, swinging his head around as a warning. Trent looked at the sheep surprised, he had always been a natural outdoorsman and in tune with animals, especially his sheep heard. He could see no reason why they where acting like this. While Trent was in thought the ram started to charge him, seeing now other way out of this mess Trent curled back his lips and snarled warning the ram and scarring it at the same time. The animal stopped mid run, quickly spun around and raced out of the barn, the rest of the flock then following him. This behavior had Trent baffled. Shaking his head he walked outside of the barn, any sheep that he was very close to would run off like Trent was going to eat them. Trent had grown up with all of these sheep, which is why he was confused. After staring at the sheep for ten more minutes Trent shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the paddoc, he had other things to do today, the roof of his house had a small leak in the family room so that was on the to do list for the day. Other things he had to do included loading the cart with bags of goods for the market, which Trent loathed. He hated nothing more then heavy lifting, he was strong but not as strong as his father when he was this age.
Once the leak was fixed, or hopefully fixed, and the cart loaded he went back to his flock, hoping that they would cooperate, alas it was all wishful thinking. The sheep had acted even more skiddish then in the morning. Trent was about to snarl to get them inside when he figured out that it was his snarling that had scared them. The previous afternoon he had snarled at them because it had been a long hard day and he was agitated. This time he soothed the sheep back in, and their where no problems except for the ram who took extra coaxing. Once finished he locked up the barn and headed to his house to call it a night.
494/500
Just here to browse some forums here and there ;u;
Krist Fullmetal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krist Fullmetal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Late good luck <33
Just here to browse some forums here and there ;u;
Krist Fullmetal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ardra » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 am

Lioncourt wrote:
        Username: Lioncourt

Name: Vale

Favourite Word / Why:

Queue is Vale's favorite word. Why? Because he's an actor. Hearing the director call out his queue during play practice or filmed acts always gives him a rush that he loves more than anything. Whenever Vale hears or sees this word, he's reminded of this beloved rush that pulses through his body and sends chills up his spine...

1 Extra:
        W.I.P <3

So before anyone gets upset that lion didn't add an extra, extra was optional. I was judging base form... And well this just really spoke out to me! So congrats lion take good care of vale
Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
Ardra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me