Osier - no posting please! by father

Based on Click to view
Artist father [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Osier - no posting please!

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Osier is mates with Sly.blue's Kitsunebi.
Their daughter is AnimeKills' Amaterasu.
Their son is Meg's (they don't have a cs account yet, I believe) Malakai.

Art Credits
    Except for the pixel
    and chibi, which were
    drawn by baigel, all
    art in this form
    was drawn by myself,
    and all images were
    edited myself.
(art by baigel)

Heads up!! This thread is image-heavy and may take a bit longer than usual to load everything! Also, please keep your browser fullscreen so that the coding displays properly.

Last edited by father on Fri May 27, 2016 10:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
officially quitting! its been real.
do not ask for any of my characters, adoptables,
or pets, as i am not giving them out. thanks!
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Basic Information

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Name: Osier (Full Name: Osier Aimée Baudelaire), pronounced as "oh-zher."
    Of Middle English and Middle French origin.
    noun
      1. any of various willows, as the red osier, having tough,
      flexible twigs or branches that are used for wickerwork.
      2. a twig from such a willow.
      3. any of various North American dogwoods.
Nickname: Ossi, homophonous with both "ozzy" and "aussie"

Romantic Orientation: Panromantic
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Birthday: August 13th
Western Zodiac: Leo
Eastern Zodiac: Sheep/Goat

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apothecary's apprentice
Quirks: -Sticks tip of tongue out often, usually without noticing
xxxxxx -Taps fingers against something (usually his leg) when feeling nervous or impatient
xxxxxx -gets wound up very easily
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -is an insomniac

Personality: Peppy X Extroverted X Impatient X Gung Ho X Inquisitive X Fakes Confidence X Procrastinator X Easily Distracted X Bratty

✎ Sound/background noise (favorite:
the sound of rain)
✎ Cloudy weather with a slight breeze
✎ Warm foods (favorite: meatball sub)
✎ Moving around/being active
✎ Both cute and creepy, crawly things
✎ Food and earthy scents
✎ Fantasy cartoons
✎ Silence
✎ Stuffy, sunny days
✎ Sweet foods and desserts
✎ Sitting sedentary
✎ Beating around the bush
✎ Extravagance
✎ Action and superhero movies
✎ Reality TV

Last edited by father on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Humanoid Information

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Height: 6'1"
Race: Half Samoan, half Haitian
Markings: Has scars running up his forearms and shins,
like the markings of his Plumie form.

Physical Build: Osier is rather tall, but isn't lean. He's somewhere in between skinny and chubby, like with no visible abs.

Voice Headcanon: unsure yet!!

Outfit Breakdown: Long-sleeved collared shirt, pants (no belt), suspenders, knee-high boots, plain white socks underneath, hair bow.

Last edited by father on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hobbies

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm

✎ making accessories, like hair clips, bows, lacey chokers, etc
✎ cultivating trees
✎ raising emerald ash borers as pets
✎ creating new concoctions to test at his place of apprenticeship
✎ making his own furniture
✎ listening to ASMR binaural audio

Accessory Making
One of Osier's main creative outlets is creating accessories, be it gloves, bow ties, lacy chokers, or hair clips. Currently, he keeps production small scale, at most creating things for family members and friends, due to lack of resources and time. The white bow he wears in his hair is handmade, from white silk and elastic. It's the first thing he ever made completely on his own.

Tree Cultivation
Osier grows mainly ash and birch trees in pots in his home. Because his apartment is so small, he must transplant the trees to a local park when they reach the ceiling. However, there's one tree he's been keeping for years, letting it grow out the window. The tree's roots have taken hold into the floor and it's branches reach far into the sky. Osier has hung a swing from the sturdiest branch and hangs out high above the city at night, looking up at the stars, when his insomnia is at its worst.

Emerald Ash Borers
When Osier was young, his family lived in a small house near an ash forest. Naturally, in their backyard grew many ash trees. At that age, Osier hadn't paid much mind to the trees until the day the tallest tree had to be cut down due to an infestation of what his dad called "emerald ash borers." Once the deed was done, Osier snooped among the remains, curious to find just why a seemingly healthy, strong tree must've been felled. There, he found that pieces of bark had been peeled off of logs to reveal an intricate pattern much like the ones on his limbs. Osier would then spend his summer days traversing the forests near his house, looking for the telltale signs of trees that housed the bugs that made such "art."
As an adult, Osier recognizes that the bugs are harmful, invasive species, but he doesn't let that hinder his love for them. In his home, he secretly raises a small handful of the bugs and in a contained area lets them wreak havoc on logs he brings in. Osier then preserves the logs and creates things such as tables and chairs out of them.

ASMR
Ever since he was a kid, Osier has had problems falling asleep, at his worst going for a week on end without sleeping at all. Medication never helped, so Osier turns to binaural ASMR audio to help him fall asleep. He usually listens to tapping sounds, as they are most effective.
Last edited by father on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Backstory

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

ImageBackgroundImage
(pixel by baigel)

Early Childhood
Osier was born to his parents in a small town in the French countryside and grew up in a small, rural home. He lived a fairly normal life; his parents were loving and seemed to have a fine marriage- and he was happy, despite sleeping complications. His parents were understanding and did their best to accommodate and try to remedy Osier's insomnia. When he was five years old, his grandfather moved into the home for reasons Osier didn't understand at the time. At first, it was just like having an extended sleepover, but Osier began to notice that his parents were more tense, more on edge, and argued more. His grandfather was a nice man and had plenty of fairytales to entertain Osier with about the surrounding forests, so it couldn't have been his fault. After three years, his grandfather suddenly left. Osier didn't understand why he'd gone, but he never came back, and his mother seemed to be perpetually downtrodden after the event.

Osier was home-schooled all throughout his elementary and middle school years. His father, an accomplished writer, was more than qualified to teach him. Osier didn't particularly enjoy the lessons, nor was he any good at them, so he spent many of his days avoiding the work by playing in the woods surrounding his house. He liked to build forts and play pretend among the shrubbery. There were no plumerians his age around and his lack of attendance at a regular school meant he had minimal friends. As a result, he used his imagination most of the time, conjuring up more than a few imaginary friends over the years. The forest was his sanctuary, where he was felt freest, where he could sneak to on nights when his insomnia was at its worst and watch the stars from the tippy-top of the tallest ash tree. It was there that Osier discovered his passion and genuine curiosity for the ecosystems around him, finding the bugs to be good companions and the trees to be fun terrain to explore.

Teenage Years
Soon after Osier turned fourteen his father received a job offer in America that he just couldn't refuse. Additionally, his mother's disposition had developed gloomier and gloomier as the months passed and tensions continued to rise between her and his father. Osier watched as she appeared gaunter and frailer as time progressed. He knew something was wrong, but his parents were keeping it from him for reasons unknown. Being the good child he was, Osier didn't voice his concerns, questions, and objections as his was carted off to the United States, where they settled in a small suburban home in New York. There, his mother rarely ventured outside in her increasingly frail state and his father wasn't around as often, working long hours only to come home too exhausted to do much more than sleep. There was no time for him to continue home schooling Osier, so he was sent to a public high school. Osier had trouble fitting in, his lack of experience in interacting with plumerians his age making it difficult to relate to and communicate with his peers. Osier quickly grew to hate the lockered hallways and jeering faces of his classmates and began skipping classes, sometimes not showing up to school at all. His parents, though they received many phone calls from the school, were too busy to enforce Osier's attendance or properly punish him for his absence so his bad behavior swiftly became habitual. Osier became an angry person, subconsciously angry at his parents for their growing distance, actively angry at his peers for their lack of acceptance, and angry at himself for being an outcast. The happy, cheery child he once was had vanished, and in its pace stood a lonely, confused, and afraid young plumerian who had no outlet for his frustrations other than anger. Additionally, Osier had yet to grow out of his insomnia, so he was often left alone with his thoughts for long hours, with nothing to do in the dead of night but think, which only contributed to his feelings of loneliness.

Yet to make a friend, it wasn't until the middle of his junior year, when he was 17, that a teacher stepped in. His art teacher, a fairly young woman, stopped Osier in the halls one day and invited him to hide out in her classroom for the day. There, she encouraged him to use art as an outlet. Osier was at first skeptical, seeing as he wasn't any good at drawing or painting. However, she noticed that Osier had dexterous fingers and introduced him to sculpture and pottery. Osier immediately was sucked up, finding a new kind of enjoyment when he left his fingers squish and mold the lifeless clay into something new, though he still felt as if something was missing. He began spending even less time at home and more time in the school's art studio. Osier finished out high school at the bottom of his class, alone, feeling more distant from his family than ever, and accepted his diploma with clay-caked hands.

Present
Much to his father's chagrin, Osier opted not to go to college and immediately went into the working world. He started out with a plethora of low-ranking jobs, doing a lot of dirty work. None of it was fulfilling, but he felt he had to do it so that he wasn't simply mooching off of his parents. Now that he was out of school, Osier also spent much more time at home, which opened his eyes to new insights in his parents' relationship. He realized fully that his mother's disease was not going to go away any time soon and that his dad as working as hard as he could, to an unhealthy degree, to earn enough money to pay medical bills. Once Osier had this revelation, he began aspiring to help ease his father's burden, feeling guilty for not realizing all he was doing for the family and for cursing him as a teenager. He obtained an apprenticeship at a local apothecary and began learning to make medicinal potions. The work was something fresh, fun, and new, and offered a new creative outlet, as it required Osier to work with his hands, and coping skill, as it offered an escape for Osier's mind from troubles at home. Occasionally, he entertained the vague hope of creating a concoction potent enough to remove all traces of his mother's disease, but his ideas were quickly dashed.

When Osier was 22, his mother was admitted to the hospital and soon died. The news hit Osier like a brick. Her death was sudden and Odier felt like he hadn't cherished the time he'd had with her. Reflecting back on his high school days, Osier's biggest regret was that he would inwardly blame her for his problems. His father, in the aftermath of her passing, finally revealed that for many years she had been battling leukemia. The two sat down and had a long heart to heart conversation where they laid everything out in the open. Osier revealed the loneliness and anger he had felt throughout his younger years. His dad explained that neither he nor his wife meant to isolate their son, they just wanted to protect him from the harshness of reality. Osier asked about back when he was a child, if his grandfather had also died of leukemia. The answer was no, since leukemia isn't a hereditary disease, but he had developed lung cancer and had moved in for the duration of his treatment, but he had also died. For a while, Osier's parents thought his mother's disease was cancer, but they were wrong, and had come to America for treatment and better financial prospects. During this conversation, many tears were shed and both Osier and his father found much needed closure and became closer as a result.

A few months after his mother's death, Osier decided to move out, the need for a fresh start and to escape the memories the sullen white walls of his home held spurring him into action. Confident that his father would be okay on his own, Osier moved into a tiny high-rise apartment, where he currently resides. He took up botany in remembrance of his old home in England, began care for a few pets and put his knowledge learned in high school art to use by pursuing his hobby of accessory crafting.

Future
Having learned his lesson from his rocky days in high school, his current goal is to expand his friend group, as his mother's death opened his eyes to how much he desperately needs to form and cherish relationships with others. For further on, Osier is set on opening up a store of his own. He enjoys his work learning under the apothecary, so he dreams of opening a small corner store of sorts one day and selling various remedies, potions, and trinkets.

An extra little tidbit here: sometimes when he's at work one of his ash borers will have secretly hitched along for the ride in his hair and crawl out in the middle of the day. Though he doesn't really mind this and honestly thinks it's cute, sometimes this happens when he's helping customers, and he's scared away more than a few people. It scares him, though, that he'll lose one of them to a boiling potion in a horrible accident.
Last edited by father on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Apprenticeship Ministory

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm

You push open a heavy wooden door, ornamental bird skulls and feathers hanging from it's windowless surface the only adornment you notice as a bell rings somewhere above you. As you enter, your nose is blasted with a tornado of scents, herbal aromas mixing with sour stenches as they cascade through the air. The entryway is dark and musty, most of the windows blocked by high shelves, filled with bottles containing mysterious fluids, and stacks upon stacks of dusty books. You step inside further and, to your right, hear the sound of rushing footsteps and the sound of heavy objects falling to the floor as a young plumerian hustles to greet you.

"Ah, sorry, clumsy me!" He stoops down to rearrange the stack of books he had knocked over. "Anyways, welcome to the Corner Apothecary, where we specialize in your needs! My name is Ossi, is there anything I can help you with? We have some premade concoctions for common ailments and requests-" he gestures to the shelves surrounding you, the slew of potions bubbling and glowing in a rainbow of colors, "-but we also take special orders on potions, remedies, and ingredients!" He grins and taps a pencil against a clipboard, which he holds up in his right hand.

You cock your head to the side, inspecting him. His sunny personality seems out of place in such a dank, musty place. He is wearing a full-body apron stained in various liquids that seem to be glowing in the dark. You make a mental note not to come too close, out of fear of staining your own outfit. In the pause, you take a moment to further take in your surroundings. The ground beneath your feet and the walls around you are both made out of the same black, brick-like rocks. The corners of the room are covered in cobwebs and you could've sworn you saw the biggest spider crawling around in a jar beyond Ossi's head. Biting back your revulsion, your curiosity gets the better of you and you inform the clerk in front of you that you had merely come in to look around.

"Oh, that's fine, that's fine," he waves his hand around and tucks his clipboard back into the pocket in his apron as he sticks his pencil into the curly mop of hair behind his ear for safekeeping. "I just finished inventory for the day, so I could help show you around, if you'd like," he offers excitedly, grasping your hand and pulling you along, not taking no for an answer.

He pulls you to the shelves closest the door. It's covered in mostly long, slender bottles all stopped up with corks. Most bottles have a piece of masking tape haphazardly stuck on with hastily scrawled names labeled. You pick out "cold," "aches," and "tooth rot" on a few before the cheerful clerk starts explaining.

"These are our common remedies, for simple ailments like allergies and headaches and such." He pulls one off the shelf, labeled "influenza," and gazes proudly at it. "You can get some crap substitute at a drug store for much cheaper, but it would be nowhere near as effective as our product! These are proven cures!" Ossi shakes his fist at a feisty memory. "Though I can't guarantee it'll taste very good... Anyhoo, let's move along!" He takes you by the hand once more, your protests dying in your throat as he leads you to a series of shelves deeper into the building, in an alcove-like area.

"Here we have our live ingredients! Every respectable potionmaster or witch simply must use top quality ingredients for their potions, and the only way to ensure 100% quality is to grow it yourself!" He speaks passionately yet upbeat, creating an atmosphere juxtaposed to the one created by the near darkness, suffocating smoky smells, and cold air of the apothecary. You take a closer look at the bowls, bottles, and jars, seeing some filled with various plants, some shriveled and dried, some green with life, and others rotting and crawling with bugs. Further down the shelves are cages with mice, newts, bowls of frogs, and some live plants straining to live in tepid water. "My main job is to maintain upkeep of the storefront and take inventory, but whenever the master is too busy, she'll ask me to go out back and care for her precious pets. Kinda twisted, in my opinion, that she calls them her pets and coos over them only to toss them into a boiling cauldron a day later for money!" Ossi lets out a hearty laugh, and you give him a wry smile, taken aback. You're given no time to recover, as you find that he's dragging you even deeper into the apothecary. You're beginning to question whether you still want to be here or not.

"This is the good stuff," Ossi claps his hands together and rubs his palms together, then stretches high up on his tiptoes to reach for an unsealed, mason jar-like bottle. You observe your surroundings. There are even more piles upon piles of trinkets and things cluttering the tables, desks, and chairs that furnished the place. Given the layout of the room you assume it had once been a small sort of pub. The shelves in front of you are covered in dirt and grime. You wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. The potions on display here looked the wackiest of all, some displaying bright neon colors, some fizzing and bubbling like they were endlessly carbonated, and some looking like actual tar just bottled for sale. The scent was strongest here as most bottles weren't sealed. "This beauty right here," the liquid is a gross, mucky brown color like sewage, "is a love potion I brewed myself." He looks to you expectantly, so you give him an awed 'ooh!' "It's the first successful potion I've ever made, and the master says it's top quality! Unfortunately, it's one of our most expensive products, but that's because it's so potent. We usually only sell a few ounces of it at a time because this whole jar on it's own is dangerous. The master has this story about, years ago, she employed two assistants. One day they got into an argument over who was going to get promoted to apprentice under the master, and the fight got physical. One knocked the other down so she tripped her and made her tumble into a shelf and knock a bottle over, and it just so happened to be a fresh love potion! The master says that they fell into a love so deep that it was scary and dangerous, they got possessive and jealous and wouldn't let anyone touch the other, talk to the other, they lay on the ground staring into each others eyes, practically glued together until the master brewed up an antidote! Even with the antidote the love spell wouldn't wear off completely, and, well, long story short they're married now and live on the other end of town!" Ossi chuckles and puts the bottle back up on it's shelf, then rests his hands on his hips, satisfied with his story. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. You notice that Ossi talks very fast, and you can't tell if he genuinely enjoys what he's talking about or just very excited at having a customer.

"O'course, we have more than just your standard love potion. Here's one that will cause warts to break out all over your skin, here's one that'll make your eyes expand until they explode, oh! And here's a truth serum--popular among wives, for some reason-- and, ooh, my personal favorite-- the revenge potion!" The large bottle he pulls off the shelf contains a fizzy liquid that pops and glows half purple, half pink, like a lava lamp. "Extremely volatile, it's often bought in conjunction with the truth serum! You take a drop--just one-- and mix it into a drink. Then, bring the drink to your lips, whisper into it what you want to happen to your victim while mustering up all your feelings of anger, then spit in it and serve it to your poor, unsuspecting target! I've always wanted to use it, I have so many ideas for it, but I honestly can't hate anyone enough to do so," Ossi sighs wistfully. You give him a funny look. He takes a deep breath, then turns to face you directly, smiling. "Well, that's about it for our public areas. Did anything catch your eye?" You wordlessly shake your head, feet itching for the door. "No? S'a shame, but we're not going anywhere, so if you ever have a need for anything, come back and seek us out. Like I said, we specialize in your needs, we have a solution for literally anything!"

There's a loud bang and a shrill cry of "Ossi!" from somewhere deeper in the shop that sends a chill straight to your core. You notice a glow streaming from under a nearby door, nearly hidden amongst piles of boxes full of smelly, moldy junk, and hear a loud pop and sizzle. Ossi jumps and turns to you sheepishly, running a hand through his curls and grinning. You notice that he keeps a white bow in his hair, likely to keep the wild curls out of his eyes. "Well, the master needs me so I gotta run. Don't forget about us, okay?" With that, he zooms away, hip knocking into another stack of books in his haste. Left with nothing else to do, you take in one last breath of the thick air, jumbled full of smells to create a sum of many that you can't decide on being pleasant or repugnant. You pull open the heavy door and step outside, the bell jingling as you squint to readjust to the sharp sunlight and are hit with clean, fresh air. You turn back and look above the door at the sign, battered and faded, reading, "The Corner Apothercary." You meander back towards the street, pondering idly just what you would do if you got your hands on that revenge potion.
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Playlist + Tidbits

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Osier prefers listening to music without words, only instruments and sounds.
They make excellent background noise and help him get to
sleep (in particular, the Mt. Coronet theme).

Baristas never spell his name correctly.

His hair easily tangles and he has lost many a hairbrush to its knotty depths.
He has to purchase specialty shampoos in order to tame his wild xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbedhead.

- A Peek Inside his Apartment -
- hammock bed
-potted plants scattered everywhere
-coffee table made of glass panel overtop an ash tree stump
-chairs made out of ash tree stumps with backing attached
-owns very few clothes. all of them fit inside a tiny armoire
-walls lack shelves, so he leaves his crap all over the floor (i.e. his blanket is on the floor, though its folded up)
-an actual tree is growing out the window and took root in the apartment floor (Osier waters it since there's no soil)
-the tree has many den/nest-like cavities, in which Osier stores ingredients and such for his work
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Art Masterpost

Postby father » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

collab with tricksters; the black and white plume is catalena, who belongs to trick

Total Count: 66+ i no longer update this page with art bc there is too much 6_9

My form
feral art by baigel
w white border pixel by baigel
pixel by baigel
title pixel
lil tongue gif
likes pixel
dislikes pixel
human ref fullbody
human arm ref
human headshot thing
feral resting on branch
feral chibi
at work human chibi
sleeping human chibi
bottles n things
stuck brush chib
room ref

Others' Forms
feral art by moyasune
fem human art by skywishes21
feral art w text by skywishes21
feral art by everdaledreamers
animated art by firedancer77
unanimated art by firedancer77
pixel by vic.
pixel by skywishes21
anthro art by skywishes21
pixel by ~apollo~
feral art by shadybro
feral art by rainbow rose
human baker art by rainbow rose
feral art by mint chip
pixel by owel trowel
pixel by claws
feral art by bambi boo
art by pandamoniam
feral art by scootseon
anthro art by bambi boo
feral art by rockosaur
pixel by bambi boo
feral art by pandamoniam
feral art by bambi boo
feral art by soulfirewolf
fem human art by consulting.detective
pixel by owl trowel
chibi by consulting.detective
feral art by evils
feral art by tricksters
feral art by d-dave.
art by d-dave.
anthro art by d-dave.
human art by tigressa
human art by sasha~
human art by rainbow rose
human art by pavane
pixel by sasha~
feral art by sasha~
chibi by consulting.detective
feral art by spyncter
animated feral art by storm x angel
feral art by katlove
human art by ???
art by tart
art by tenmomentstill

pixel by snowflop
human art by slimedog
feral colorin by lord xerberus
human art by tigresssa
feral art by beatnik
feral pixel by vjg321
feral pixel by vjg321
feral pixel by vjg321
pixel icon by vjg321
feral art by ivyy
feral art by sly.blue
human chibi by me

Couple Art lol
osier + roshan by vjg321

by mint chip
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me