Ex-Army Dog by DoctorDraca

Based on Click to view
Artist DoctorDraca [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ex-Army Dog

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 pm

The dog was left in a cage on the doorstep of Nex's facility, only with a note taped to it:
Vincent Rickman wrote:January 21, 2009
I have come to bring her back, after being a loyal companion for three years, she was no longer fit to operate among us. She's always been the trusty companion of the general, whom sent us out for nightly missions, but after his death, she turned violent and was no longer willing to obey any of our commands. She no longer listens to her her name Layka either, and in fact, she doesn't respond to any given stimilus. She's become a shell of her former self, and I was given the order to euthanise her, yet I simply could not. I hope she finds a better life with you.
- Signed, Vincent Rickman

From the journal of Nex:
Nex wrote:June 13, 2009
After having served in the military for three years, this Tracker Dog, previously going by the name of Layka, stopped functioning after having to deal with a severe mental blow. We've taken care of her injuries, and only some scars remain. The old equipment on her back has been restored and made to function well again. The night vision and movement sensors on her side work better than ever, but she's still unresponsive.

Nex wrote:March 28, 2010
It's absolutely wonderous how she's managed to recover. After taking care of her for so long, keeping her well able to work and live, she's willing to walk up to me and anyone else to greet them. She's no longer unresponsive, and will come when we call out. Yet, we have to use the term "girl" instead of her name. She won't respond to Layka, most likely due to the mental trauma she's been through. It's odd how a single person can affect a dog so much, yet in some way, it's heartwarming. I feel that she's well able to be adopted again, and used for her actual purpose. Nightly surveillance.

This ex-military dog is equipped with night vision that allow her to create an image of her surroundings, yet only works at night as the sunlight distorts the view. Her equipment is old in comparison to newer Trackers (see Peridot), but it functions well. She herself is one of the oldest dogs, and the first dog to be made for a single purpose. The equipment cannot be taken off, as some is attached directly onto her skin. She has several wounds, including clawmarks on her front right leg and a bitemark on her left back leg, they've healed and only scar tissue remains. She herself is fully recovered from the mental trauma, and will gladly follow orders from her new owner.

Taken by Drizzle
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ex-Army Dog

Postby Scion Hanzo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 pm

New name for her:Armatia
Reason you want her:Because she looks awesome and i would keep her forever^^
What will her new owner be like:Her name is Casey(not my name) a tall and lean girl,brown hair blue eyes..always likes to get into stuff and is focused when it comes to finding a run away.She has a crazy personality but can care for a dog.She always carries a gun and protects all animals at all times.
In which situations will she be placed:Looking for run away criminals in the dark,most normal dogs cant do that.And a family dog when not on duty
Other info:
Likes:Other dogs and night,She loves to search for things but can usually get into things shes not suppose to.
Dislikes:Sun light and bad owners.Her previous owner dumped her off so now she is a little skittish of bonding with another.

The day after Casey took her in~
The strange dog is walking around the house smelling everything,but running into things as she walked.Casey thought it was becuase she worked in the dark all her life so she cant see in the light.Casey ran and turned off the lights,the dogs body started glowing green and avoided everything she would have ran into before.Casey thought about what she did before she was found and wanted to see if her equipment still worked.She got a piece of meat out of the fridge and threw it across the room.Right when she did the dog stuck its head up and bolted towards it at lighting speed.Casey knew she would be a big help in the police building,but she would have to work at night which could be a problem for Casey herself...
As the days pasted of trying to get promoted to night service it finally became true.Casey then decided it was time to name the dog,she never expected to keep it this long.After hours of thinking,she came to a conclusion of "Armatia" because she was told that Armatia was used perviously in the Army.When Casey said "Armatia" out loud,she came running in from another room.Casey guessed that she liked it.
When the day of a night mission finally came Casey was excited and Armatia looked like it too.They had gotten a call about a run away man that robbed a bank that was suspected to be in the forest near her house,which was easy for her.Right when Armatia stepped out the door she sniffed the ground and ran into the woods.Casey was scared that the robber would do something to her and ran as fast as she could.Armatia's body was glowing green,probbaly used so the Army could find her easily.Casey stopped in her trackes when she saw the robber on the ground and Armatia growling at him.
After that night Casey felt much closer to Armatia than ever before.And she thinks that Armatia thinks so too.
Now Armatia will respond to any command and still works finding run aways.But at home,she is loveable and much like a regular family dog.Casey knew that she had a long life ahead of her with Armatia..

i dont have a good feeling about mine Dx
Last edited by Scion Hanzo on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:06 pm

*_* -drools- I want it... but i'm giving others a chance :3
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viiperfang » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm

New name for her:
Midnight (Or mid for short)
Reason you want her:
Well, I like this one because she is a ex-army dog, Like I am a Ex-army person.
What will her new owner be like:
Her new owner is a ex-army worker, and now a police man. She is layed back and likes to take night walks with her friends. She will spend all her time in the day to take care of midnight.
In which situations will she be placed:
Looking for run away criminals in the dark, like most normal dogs cant do. And a family dog when she not on duty
Other info:
None yet

Story:
journal wrote:September 3, 2010
I'm looking for a dog, not just any dog, a tracker dog.

I walked around the tracker dog area. I looked around but none seemed to get my eye. All different looks and genders but they were not special. Then I saw Midnight. I walked up to her and she was sitting in the corner of her cage. Then the scientist came to me. She said she was Nex and saw that I was looking at the tracker dog. "Yes, I see you want her. Are you sure you can take good care of her?" Nex asked. "Yes, I have a big yard, and it is always dark there." "Hm....Okay, I will get her..."It took a few minutes but once I got her I named her midnight.

journal wrote:September 7, 2010
Well I got my tracker dog, her name is midnight and she is loyal. I call her to go for nightly walks or to go to help me at the police station. She is a good pet and my friends love her

story is a WIP
Last edited by Viiperfang on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chara Dreemurr » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

New name for her:Dusk
Reason you want her: Oh Wow!! I saw her and I just thought about how lovely this was! I love her design and I loved the story that you had made. I would use her as a charrie, and of course, I would love her forever.
What will her new owner be like:(mind if I make a form for her owner?)
Name:Amber
Looks:silky orange hair that is round at the end and her bangs could cover eyes if she wanted to, slightly pale skin, she often wears jeans and a tee shirt.
Personality: Amber is quiet and shy-looking to people she does not really know. She is very king and caring to anyone, and if someone needs help, she will do her best to help them. She has a strong liking to her tracker, Dusk, and if anyone threatens her in any way, she will take action. Her bad side of her personality is that she is quite stubborn, and quite proud. If someone hurts someone she will become uncontrollable, and try very badly to get the person back.
In which situations will she be placed: She will be used to mostly help Amber in policework. She will also do other types of jobs, all in the night. Some might be simple, such as patroling the area, to see that nothing is wrong, to as difficult as looking for someone that has been lost for many years, or months. Some include patrolling, finding lost people or criminals, helping the community in various ways, and bodyguarding people.
Other info: (when it's written unknown, it might be months or days. I have no idea!)
War

I heard a loud booming sound. It had come from one of the buildings farther ahead. I ducked, so not to get hit with something that might be flying in the wind, such as glass. I looked at my front paw. The scar was still there. It annoyed me. It was like a sign if weakness. Some thought it made me look strong and resistant. 
I felt something sharp on my back leg. I looked back, and saw a dog biting it. He must gave used the boom of the bomb as a distraction. My blood flowed from the wound. He still bit it, and I had to do something about it. I looked at him, and he looked at me in a way that meant "so long, sucker!"
Then I got angry. I yanked my leg free, barely noticing the wound, I was made to resist anyways, and flashed my sharp teeth, and quick as a snake, bit him hard on his neck. He whimpered and fell. I had no pity for him. He had tried to kill me. 

A few months later(solder's point of view)
Layka and I went to the general's room. He was late, which was quite odd, since he usually was the first up. Layka pushed her sensor bar, then her full head, inside the room. She helped, not of pain, but of surprise and sadness. I looked in, and saw the general. His eyes were streched wide, and every muscle in his body was tensed, as though he were to run. A silver blade had been stabbed through his chest, blood had flowed from the wound and onto the floor. It truly was a grewsome sight. Layka layer down, then a few secondes later, stood up, put her two front paws on the bed, and licked his face vigorously, as though licking the dead man might bring him back to life. She stopped a few minutes later, and started to howl, a depressing and just plain sad note, as a dog might do when someone they care about dies.
Some people had heard Layka's depressed howl, and I could hear the clatter of their feet as they came.
"come, Layka!" ordered one of the men. Layka looked at him and growled. Her eyes were brimming with hatred and anger. She would no longer listen. She leaped at the man, and was posed to bit him, when one of the people interfered. The other man, the one who was helping the other man, quickly snapped a collar on her, and led her to a cage with great difficulty. She could no longer help us.

A while later (unknown)
I was in a cage. In a truck. I hated cages. I hit my shoulder, hard, against it, but no avail. I bit it and clawed and hit it, but nothing happened. Suddenly, a bright light appeared. I could not see anything, but I felt I was being moved. I hit it, and felt the cage move through empty air. I felt I was being lowered. I growled and continued to try to get out. Everything was blurry and unfocused, but I would not give up. Ever. 

Later (unknown)
I looked around. All of the other trackers were looking for owners, and I felt the ice of hostility and violence melt.  I felt just sad. I realized something then. I was living in the past. By doing so, I was violent and crazy. I would not listen to anyone. I realized that I really did want a new life. New life, I could have a fresh start. I really did want it. I would even change my name, since it gave me bad memories. A new life, a new name. 

Later (unknown)
Someone came in. She had silky orange hair and slightly pale skin. She told her name. "Amber" said she with a calm note in her voice. "Have you got any trackers up for adoption?" she asked, but then she saw me. She came towards me and questioned "What's her name?". She learned that my old name, Layka, I would not respond to, and I had recently recovered from a terrible accident. Amber did not seem to mind though, as she hurriedly said " I'll take her in!" as though someone would suddenly come in and take me. I decided I liked her. She was kind. She learned all about me, such as I could not see well in the dark and I was an ex. army tracker. She agreed to everything, and was soon ready to take me home. 
"Dusk will be your new name." she whispered as we went out. I wagged my tail. Dusk, I like that name, my new name! My heart felt light. I was going home!!!

I tried not to RP Nex. 

Experience: 3 years (was that it?)
Personalty: with the trauma, she was violent and nonresponsive. If someone would to hurt her in any way, she would atomaticaly claw or bite them without mercy. If someone offended her, she would just hurt them. She would not respond to any kind of order that would be given to her.
Without the trauma she was just plain sweet. She would help anyone, and if she needed to, die for her owner. If she got attacked, she would act, depending on the amount of blood that had flowed away, or the size of the injury. If it was just someone pinching her, she would look at them and show her teeth. If someone bit her, hard enough to leave a mark, then she could almost kill. She does not like killing, since some might have been trained to do only that. But she still leaves them whimpering and she must not show any mercy.
Last edited by Chara Dreemurr on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
im basically never on, so if you wanna with trade me or if you message me, be prepared to wait a while for a response. this account is first and foremost a personal archive for sentimentality's sake as it was a big part of my childhood.
Chara Dreemurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magicly » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 am

New name for her: Night Shade
Reason you want her: She looks lost. And i want her because she has really robotec looking too, witch intrest me.
What will her new owner be like: I will be a careing and happy owner. I will get art of her as much as i can, and make sure that she would be properly cared for.
In which situations will she be placed: She will be placed in my Charecter thred and in the most exsiting story im working on! She will be brought in (this is the idea i have for her in my story) at a haunted house to help solve a hauting,
Other info: WIP!
Magicly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Shark » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 am

New name for her:Midnight
Nickname:night
Reason you want her:well glaceir is kinda depreesed, my other animals dont seem to make her haopy any more
What will her new owner be like: look below :)
In which situations will she be placed:, she will be my persanal guard dog as many people are trying to steal my stuff, i live way out in the contry and i have many people stealing stuff from my house while im away at work and school, i have just lost an im portant item today, my lap top, it has all info on tracker dogs, and glaceir,and my other important work, midnight and glaceir will alternate every week, glaceir one week, night the next, unless both are needed then i will have to put my very,very mean stallion in my front yard, as only to me and any tracker dogs he is nice to, also if the are with me, he will glare but thats it
Other info:yep XD
Dislikes:day,leafs,not doing any thing

Name:Sunny
Other tracker dogs:,yes, Glaceir

x Shark x They/Them Pronouns x
- WMEs - JBDs - Kiamaras - Hyeneas-
|Team Valor|

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

<Signature art + Avatar By me>
Agent Shark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reirae » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 am

SweetCorgi wrote:

Yeah same here. The design and background are both very interesting, but i think i'm fine with Celia for now.
| ace | isfj-a/istj-a | virgo | true neutral | she/her |

Hello, I'm Reirae! I've been on CS for 8 years but have stopped collecting adoptables now. I love computers and am currently studying computer science. Feel free to leave me a message if you want to chat! I'm almost always available and would love to know more of the people on here n_n
Reirae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:22 am

New name for her: Bleu.
Pronounced: Blue, as in the color.
Meaning: French for blue.
Reason you want her: Her background and markings are just beautiful. I feel bad for how she was mistreated and think that there is plenty of hope for her; and that maybe I will be able to provide it. I believe that she is amazing and even if she has trauma in her past, she's innocent enough to recover, and hopefully we can bond like her previous owner did to her. Besides that, I really love the mech parts on her; they make her look stunning.
What will her new owner be like: Soft-hearted, I expect no problems between Bleu and I. I own another tracker dog, Mousebird, who has an almost passive-aggressive personality but I know she will make room for Bleu and the two will become fast friends. I treat my tracker dogs well, and although I keep forgetting to upload my art of Mousebird onto my character site [will do something soon], Bleu will be adorned with art. I'm considering placing my tracker dog/s in their own section of my site where it will be easier to direct people for both fanart and paid art.
In which situations will she be placed: Like she was designed for, Bleu will be a guard dog and work primarily at night, as does my other girl Mousebird does. While Mousebird sets of specifically to guide lost souls home, Bleu will work beside her as a guardian, and protect the younger and less experienced tracker dog from the criminals that dislike her presence in their city.
Other info: [see below]

Tracker Dogs: I have one other tracker dog, a beautiful girl named Mousebird, and I figured I would be content with having only her for years; but for some reason, this beauty has really captured my attention. She's absolutely gorgeous, and the background provided is so interesting; I want to provide her with a real home, one where she will be allowed to fall back into her old routine as a guard dog and be treated well.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bartimaeus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 am

-Avril- wrote:
SweetCorgi wrote:

Yeah same here. The design and background are both very interesting, but i think i'm fine with Celia for now.

*stares at tracker* O-O

I WANT.... BUT CANNOT HAVE.

Ugh. >.> I love this tracker SO much!

~Barty
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

.:BARTIMAEUS:.

| Trade | Hoards | Send them spiders! | ★Tumblr |
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist