Dusa 05 | Custom | Recessive White Siberian by tikki-tak

Based on Click to view
Artist tikki-tak [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dusa 05 | Custom | Recessive White Siberian

Postby tikki-tak » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 pm

"Dusa" is the name for any of 5 similar species in the closely-related genus Dusa. They are small antelopes, closely related to the Duikers, but they have several distinct characteristics which make them unique among bovids. The greatest difference of all is their diet - all species of Dusa are nearly exclusively carnivorous. They are notoriously difficult to keep in captivity due to their shy nature and strong social bonds, and very few captive packs have ever been kept sucessfully - until now. A sustainable captive population of Dusa dusa, known as the Striped Dusa or Common Dusa, has been established, and are ready to be adopted out.

Owner: Tikki-Tak
Name: Kaz
Coat Colour: Siberian Agouti on Black, with Minimal Recessive Spotting and Brockling
Genotype: EE+/AsAs/ss/Bcbc
Social Personality: Dominant, pushy

Sorry guys, this girl is all mine. ;u;

But on the bright side, sneak peak at the new Siberian Dusa (Dusa pacificus aquilonem) lines. 8D
These guys can hybridize with Common Dusa. Pure Siberians will always pass on Siberian coat & horns to offspring. Siberian/Common Dusa hybrids have a 50% chance of passing on Siberian coat and/or horns.

Their colour genetics are the same as the Common Dusa's, except that Siberian Dusa have Siberian Agouti (As) instead of Wild Agouti (A+). Wild Agouti (A+) is dominant over Siberian Agouti (As).

You won't be able to get these Dusa as customs, but they will pop up as regular adopts every once in a while.

Call me Tikki
just a lil Canadian who likes to draw.

Mood:
On hiatus

Characters | Grande Avalanche | Dusa Summer Event
Dusa | Kleeare | Chrysaora Basilisks | Belgian Kelpies | Kiettas

ImageImageImage
tikki-tak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery