X Out of X

[Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]
Last edited by Illusionist on Fri May 08, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Illusionist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Purchase

Postby hallowitch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:46 am

Trade sent & accepted, Val Waralic is happy to welcome Kaimari Ghoul.
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Touch

Postby hallowitch » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

First Touch

RP Owner: Val Waralic

Val had loved neravontiis since she was a little kid. They were so loyal and fierce and powerful, and she really couldn't think of any creature she'd rather spend time with. She'd ridden her dad's gelding growing up and taken a lot of care of him, so she knew what she was doing. There was plenty of property at her small house, she'd fenced in the land to make a lovely pasture. She'd had a large barn built, large enough for three or four neravontiis. It wasn't the large-scale farm she'd dreamt about, but it was a good start. It was cozy. Now it was just missing a nera.
The adoption pen was small and crowded. Four neras stood inside, watching the people who milled passed. They looked weary, ears pinned, tails grasping the pen bars or their ankles. Three of them occasionally pushed their muzzles through the bars, baring their teeth at certain people, making their annoyance clear. The fourth stood at the back of the pen, head down, ears limp. She was pale with minimal white striping and green points. Not exactly a flashy nera but she was classic and beautiful.

"What's that one's tag number?" she asked the pen keeper. He glanced at the pale nera and then shrugged. These pen keepers tended to care little for their charges, especially the shy, quiet ones that would make poor racers. A moment's hesitation told Val that the keeper had nothing more to say to her, so she edged around the pen, trying to get close enough to see the mare's tag number.

When she got closer, the pale mare lifted her head, shifting uncomfortably. Val cooed to her, hoping she wouldn't run off before she could see the number on the little tag. She could tell that the nera was watching her very carefully, but she hadn't decided to move off yet. Val talked to her some more, gently, trying to get her to keep still. Just a little closer. She held one hand onto the bar of the pen and leaned in, just close enough to see.

Got it. She smiled. "186, huh? How about...Kai?" Now she had the number, she could find the seller and make him an offer before she went into the auction ring. It would make him happy - auction fees were expensive. Hand still clasped on the bar, Val leaned her chin onto it, watching as the mare considered her, flicking her ears back and forth as she listened to Val's words.

"I'll get you out of here and into a nice place, Kai," she said, smiling, "I just hope you like it there...it's kind of lonely right now, but eventually..." As she spoke, the nera sniffed at her, taking a half-step forward. Val trailed off, slowly taking her hand from the bar and putting it in front of the nera's nose. She got closer, extending her neck, taking another whiff.

"You'll be safe," Val said quietly, "And no one will yell at you or put you in a little pen like this..."

The mare huffed and sighed, flicking her ears forward again, and then very gently, pressed her nose into Val's palm.
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Saddle

Postby hallowitch » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:46 am

First Saddle

Kai had been with Val for almost two months. She'd been wary at first, nervous to leave the barn to explore the pasture, even after Val had coaxed her out by placing her evening meals just outside the barn doors. She'd grown accustomed to the area soon, and one morning, a few weeks later, Val woke to find Kai peeking in her window, whooping to wake her up.

It was so nice, having a neravontii around. She'd dreamed about it for so long and Kai was everything she'd wanted - sweet, kind, and careful. They'd learned a lot about on another, and Kai had grown to trust Val. She allowed Val to groom her and put a halter on her, and even scratch her ears and touch her eyes. Val did all this at a pace that was comfortable for Kai, to avoid pushing the shy nera too far. She'd been putting a thick sheepshin saddlepad on Kai's back, getting her used to the feeling and the motion. Today was the day.

"Come on, Monkeyfeet!" Val called from the barn. Kai was over near the house, browsing through the bushes for anything tasty. At Val's shout, she picked her head up and wheeled, trotting toward the barn. She sped to a canter, threw a buck, and then barreled into the barn, doing a few donuts in the aisle and whooping happily. She settled, putting her head down so that Val could rub her forehead and neck.

"You're so silly," she said. It made her happy when Kai was in this rare mood, it meant that she was happy here. She set to haltering and grooming Kai, chatting to her all the while. When she was done, she placed the now-familiar saddle pad on the nera's back. She went into the tack/feed room for a moment, coming back out with a small, plain english saddle. Kai looked at it critically, inspecting it carefully with her lips, feeling the warm leather and the cool metal. After she was certain that she wasn't bothered by it, she resumed sorting through the straw floor for any scraps of bone she might have missed.

Val gently raised the saddle up, slowly, but Kai took little notice. Carefully, she placed the saddle over and down onto her back. The nera flicked her ears back but didn't move. After a few moments, she pulled the girth across Kai's belly and started to pull it up, one hole at a time. She didn't mind it at first, but when she felt it press against her ribs, she picked her head up, reaching around to sniff it. Val left it like that, still too loose to ride with, for fifteen or so minutes, then began to tighten it. Kai was a champ, and didn't look back again, instead, she huffed a contented sigh.

"Thank God for you, Monkeyfeet," Val said. She'd never felt so lucky.
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Ride

Postby hallowitch » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:27 am

First Ride

Val had been letting Kai get used to the tack for some two weeks now. She'd started with the saddle and girth, moved on to adding a breastcollar, and then swapped the usual halter for a bitted bridle. Kai'd been fine with everything so far, which was a relief. Though she chewed the bit a little and wasn't super excited about being led around with the reins, she was amicable. She didn't mind the stirrups bouncing on her sides as she jogged around beside Val. She was golden.

Val decided it was time. She strapped on her helmet and led Kai to the mounting block, where she gentle placed her foot in the stirrup and put a little pressure down in it. Kai snapped around to see what she was doing, huffing nervously, but didn't move. She nosed Val's boot, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. She finally sighed and Val scratched her ears a bit, trying to put her at ease. She keep talking to her as she put more weight in the stirrup. Kai stood well. When all of her weight was in the stirrup, Val slowly swung her leg over, letting Kai see what was happening. She got her foot in the other stirrup, then gently sat down.

Kai flicked her ears about, seemingly unconcerned. Val's heart beat in her ears. She slowly shifted in the saddle - one side then the other. She stood in the stirrups, then sat, then repeated that a few more times. Nothing. All was well. She gathered the reins, keeping loose contact, then very gently squeezed. Kai looked back at her, confused.

"Walk on, Monkeyfeet," Val said, squeezing again. Tentatively, Kai took a step forward. Then another. Val guided her in a large circle in both directions, then squeezed a bit more until Kai broke into a (slightly unbalanced) trot. Val posted as they made a few circles, then trotted down the length of the pasture. As they rounded the corner, she squeezed more, kissing to the nera. Kai seemed unsure but stepped into a canter anyway, a lovely and long-strided gait. Grinning, Val let her canter to the other end of the pasture before gently bringing her back to a trot, then a walk, then a halt. She leaned over and vigorously pet Kai's neck and cheek, then wrapped her arms as far as she could around the big nera's neck.

"Monkeyfeet, you're the best."
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me