7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Seven Swans A-Swimming

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 pm

"... Seven Swans A-Swimming..."

Phew, this one took me a while to do, eh? XD

So here is my piece for Seren's 'Twelve Days of Cottonwood' event! :3

Frostbite18 wrote:Username: Froatbite18
Show Name: Swan's Sweet Song ( could change)
Barn Name: Swan
Breed: Andalusian
Colouration: Rose grey with faint dappling- chestnut base coat
Genetics: A/a and Gr/gr.
Personality: Swan earned her name for more than her glossy coat. Her story is much like the well known story of the ugly duckling and Nyra thought she deserved this wonderful name. Plus she has the attitude of a swan. She may seem quiet, elegant and gentle most of the time, but offend her or her friends and you get a whole other horse. Just like the gentle swan once angered can break your arm with their wing, whilst hissing and spitting with rage, Swan will become a furious beast of a mare that everyone better not mess with.
History: I stood over to the side of the large, white board fenced paddock. Me long locks nearly hung over my eyes, though I was only nearly a year old now. The other yearlings bounded about the field with long, well muscled legs, their rippling manes like a waterfall streaming out behind them. "Watcha you doing runt?" a chuckle sounded from behind me, I turned to see the large bay filly, Monica I believed she was called. It seemed that her goal in life was to make me as miserable as possible, be it by using her size to shove me over, biting me or just taunting me with cruel words. "Leave me be" I murmured shyly, she responded by shoving me straight into the fence. I let out a squeal as I smacked of the fence and fell to the ground. I heard her and the others chuckling as they trotted off. Oh how I hated them. They were all so perfect, the farmers loved them but I was just an unwanted mouth to feed. My mother had been bought and when she showed up she was not what they were expecting, once a beautiful mare but now just a tired old mare who was skin and bones. Before they could get rid of her, they walked in one morning to find her dead and the smallest filly they had ever seen by her side. Not sure what to do they simply raised me, hoping to make some money of my mothers expensive purchase price. I didn't grow though, especially not now when I was shoved away from the grain and all the best grass.

It went on like this for many months, until one faithful day in autumn. I was sitting by the small pond in our pasture, with one of my only friends, a young swan gander named Whistler. As we talked he suddenly cried out but I was to late to turn, I was shoved forth and flipped into the pond. I didn't mind the water but coming out of it I saw Monica and about 4 of her friends laughing at me. I was perfectly prepared to sit in the pond, wait until they left just like I did everyday. Then Monica made the worst mistake of her life. "Ha, your pathetic just like your stupid mother, good riddance" she laughed coldly. My eyes narrowed and I stared at her as rage filled me, my mother was the bravest mare I knew. She DIED bringing me into the world, she only clung to life so she could have me. My mother had been brave, so would I. With a loud snort I charged from the water and barreled into Monica's legs. Though she was much bigger than me, she hadn't been expecting this and tumbled to the ground. I was so angry, all of my actions were driven by this rage that I couldn't hold back. I bit, kicked and fought with all my might, at last Monica collapsed. I glowered over her, my teeth bared as she tried to beg for mercy. I probably could have killed her in my rage, if the humans hadn't suddenly arrived. When the fight got serious Monica's friends bolted, one of the stablehands wondered why they seemed so frightened and looked to see a viscous fight, so he ran for help. Two men shoved me down and the others swiftly called the vet to come and tend to the beaten Monica. We were both badly wounded and as my anger faded, the pain cut through to me. All over my body the painful bruises of kicks, the sharp pains of slices from teeth and hoof edges. They thought it was my fault, so they sent me to the auction. There I was spotted by Nyra, though I was a small, bedraggled and wounded filly she saw what I really was. She even managed to track down my old owners and get my registration papers, as well as figure out why I was so beaten up. She helped me to heal and I soon trusted her more than anyone before. At this farm I was no longer Runt, my name was Swan, I loved it but it reminded me of my only friend. The one who kept me going. As I stood by the large pond in the paddock, I heard a sploosh, I looked up and there was Whistler. "My, my haven't you changed" he whistled softly. I hand't really though about it and cocked my head to the side, Whistler smiled, "Look into the water" he trilled. I looked down and gasped, no longer was I that small patchy filly. My rippling white mane swayed alongside my neck like strands of silk. My coat shimmered like fresh fallen snow and my thin frame was now filled out with muscle. I smiled softly, this is where I belonged.
A picture of a swan in a winter scene: http://cdn.nanxiongnandi.com/bing/Winte ... 66x768.jpg (I love this one, hope swan"s" is okay :mrgreen: )
Extra(s):

WIP
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seven Swans A-Swimming

Postby Frostbite18 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 am

Username: Froatbite18
Personality: Swan earned her name for more than her glossy coat. Her story is much like the well known story of the ugly duckling and Nyra thought she deserved this wonderful name. Plus she has the attitude of a swan. She may seem quiet, elegant and gentle most of the time, but offend her or her friends and you get a whole other horse. Just like the gentle swan once angered can break your arm with their wing, whilst hissing and spitting with rage, Swan will become a furious beast of a mare that everyone better not mess with.
History: I stood over to the side of the large, white board fenced paddock. Me long locks nearly hung over my eyes, though I was only nearly a year old now. The other yearlings bounded about the field with long, well muscled legs, their rippling manes like a waterfall streaming out behind them. "Watcha you doing runt?" a chuckle sounded from behind me, I turned to see the large bay filly, Monica I believed she was called. It seemed that her goal in life was to make me as miserable as possible, be it by using her size to shove me over, biting me or just taunting me with cruel words. "Leave me be" I murmured shyly, she responded by shoving me straight into the fence. I let out a squeal as I smacked of the fence and fell to the ground. I heard her and the others chuckling as they trotted off. Oh how I hated them. They were all so perfect, the farmers loved them but I was just an unwanted mouth to feed. My mother had been bought and when she showed up she was not what they were expecting, once a beautiful mare but now just a tired old mare who was skin and bones. Before they could get rid of her, they walked in one morning to find her dead and the smallest filly they had ever seen by her side. Not sure what to do they simply raised me, hoping to make some money of my mothers expensive purchase price. I didn't grow though, especially not now when I was shoved away from the grain and all the best grass.

It went on like this for many months, until one faithful day in autumn. I was sitting by the small pond in our pasture, with one of my only friends, a young swan gander named Whistler. As we talked he suddenly cried out but I was to late to turn, I was shoved forth and flipped into the pond. I didn't mind the water but coming out of it I saw Monica and about 4 of her friends laughing at me. I was perfectly prepared to sit in the pond, wait until they left just like I did everyday. Then Monica made the worst mistake of her life. "Ha, your pathetic just like your stupid mother, good riddance" she laughed coldly. My eyes narrowed and I stared at her as rage filled me, my mother was the bravest mare I knew. She DIED bringing me into the world, she only clung to life so she could have me. My mother had been brave, so would I. With a loud snort I charged from the water and barreled into Monica's legs. Though she was much bigger than me, she hadn't been expecting this and tumbled to the ground. I was so angry, all of my actions were driven by this rage that I couldn't hold back. I bit, kicked and fought with all my might, at last Monica collapsed. I glowered over her, my teeth bared as she tried to beg for mercy. I probably could have killed her in my rage, if the humans hadn't suddenly arrived. When the fight got serious Monica's friends bolted, one of the stablehands wondered why they seemed so frightened and looked to see a viscous fight, so he ran for help. Two men shoved me down and the others swiftly called the vet to come and tend to the beaten Monica. We were both badly wounded and as my anger faded, the pain cut through to me. All over my body the painful bruises of kicks, the sharp pains of slices from teeth and hoof edges. They thought it was my fault, so they sent me to the auction. There I was spotted by Nyra, though I was a small, bedraggled and wounded filly she saw what I really was. She even managed to track down my old owners and get my registration papers, as well as figure out why I was so beaten up. She helped me to heal and I soon trusted her more than anyone before. At this farm I was no longer Runt, my name was Swan, I loved it but it reminded me of my only friend. The one who kept me going. As I stood by the large pond in the paddock, I heard a sploosh, I looked up and there was Whistler. "My, my haven't you changed" he whistled softly. I hand't really though about it and cocked my head to the side, Whistler smiled, "Look into the water" he trilled. I looked down and gasped, no longer was I that small patchy filly. My rippling white mane swayed alongside my neck like strands of silk. My coat shimmered like fresh fallen snow and my thin frame was now filled out with muscle. I smiled softly, this is where I belonged.
A picture of a swan in a winter scene: http://cdn.nanxiongnandi.com/bing/Winte ... 66x768.jpg (I love this one, hope swan"s" is okay :mrgreen: )
Extra(s):

WIP
Last edited by Frostbite18 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 am

Username: SilverBell90
Show Name: A Queens Swan Lake
Barn Name: Queen
Personality:
History:
A picture of a swan in a winter scene:
Extra(s):

WIP
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 am

Sorry guys, made a slight mistake on the form- please delete the second 'breed' section! ^^;
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cowgirlchrista » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:33 am

mark
{}
_ _
links
_ _
x
x
x
x
_ _
Sig
Cred

_ _
{}
━━ ( Y o u g o t ) ━━━━━━━━ {}
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
look in your eye
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
{} ( t h i n g t h a t y o u l i k e )
cowgirlchrista

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Username: ScarletFeather11
Show Name: Elegance is the Key
Barn Name: Elegance
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):

WIP c:
✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
My Riverbank Hollow Morgans
My Cottonwood Horses Cottonwood Ranch My Running Bear Tolters
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:11 am

Username:
Show Name: TSF Diamante Santísimo
Barn Name: Alyza
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sjmaef5 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:22 am

She is absolutely beautiful Immy, though I don't think I have enough time to give her justice! Still have to wrap gifts, get other gifts, you know how busy Christmas is! :)
Image.........Image.........Image

┏──────────────────────┓
My PetsSignature ShopLakeclan V.2
CWHRCWHR Horses
Roleplay CharactersStorageNeed Art

┖──────────────────────┚

┏────────────────────┓
Hi, I'm Meg! I love animals! I own a
cat named Buddy-Holly and a rabbit
named Junebug. Im a big hockey fan!

Rest in peace and love you ~ Mugsy,
Koko Eli, Jingle, Bubba, Zach, and all the fish.

┖────────────────────┚
sjmaef5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:11 am

Frostbite18 wrote:Username: Froatbite18

Extra(s):

WIP

Congratz! ^u^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:14 am

Yaaaaayyyyyyy! She is me darling, I love her SO much :mrgreen: Thank you for making this beauty Immy!
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me