Based on Click to view
Artist . : cry : . [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DP #6!

Postby . : cry : . » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:14 am

What is a Demon Pony?

A demon pony is an odd occurrence indeed. It is when a demon forms a contract with a pony and bonds to it.
These contracts can only be broken with consent from both parties. The representation of this bond is in the form of jewelry or some other accessory which holds the power of their contract. This filly has a star ribbon necklace.

If a contract is broken the demon separates from its host pony and loses its power.
These contracts are often very beneficial to each other though, the demon is given a source of energy and security from the pony and in return the pony is given magical abilities concerning the demon's element. Demons are bonded to a pony through their tail and take on the shape of their base element.
Demon pony hosts often live much longer than normal ponies; they can live to be 500+ years old with assistance from their demon.

Ohh myy gosshhhhh U//v//U I love this girlie so much.... I considered keeping her as a custom, but I decided against it and decided to put her up for adoption.

Her demon is a star! She is attached to her demon through a series of ribbons that do not directly bond with the demon, but rather 'catch' it in a basket-net to keep it.

Simply fill out this form below to apply for her!

Code: Select all
[center]Username:
Name:
Ability/talent:
What does her demon represent?:
What are her/their hobbies?:
Personality:
Art:
Other:
You are allowed to add as many extras as you would like, whether they be more descriptors or extra pieces of art.
[/center]

Won by booklover789.

booklover789 wrote:[center]
Gilbert K. Chesterton wrote:To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.

υѕєяηαмє:
booklover789

ηαмє:
Rosalina

ωну ∂ι∂ уσυ ηαмє нєя тнαт?
Her design reminded me of a character from the "Mario Kart Wii," "Mario Kart 7," "Super Mario Galaxy," "Super Mario Galaxy 2," and "Mario Party: Island Tour" (this game has not yet been released) video games: Rosalina. Rosalina is the commander of the Comet Observitory and is an adoptive mother to the stars, called Lumas. It is her job to watch over the universe and take care of the Lumas.
I named this DP as I did not only for her design, but also due to her personality, her tragic past, and her abilities. She is like Rosalina in nearly every way - and the reason for this is simple: I found great inspiration in this video game character, and have always liked her, so I decided to model this DP after her.

ωнαт ∂σєѕ нєя ∂ємση яєρяєѕєηт?
Her demon represents every star within the heavens. As Rosalina is their protector, she protects her demon just as much as it protects her.

ωнαт αяє нєя нσввιєѕ?
She enjoys the simple things in life - having picnics, baking, and spending time with her children.

ωнαт αяє нєя ƒανσяιтє ƒσσ∂ѕ?
Rosalina says her favorite food is honey, due to it smelling like the stars she loves so dearly. She also likes Carambola, and will often eat it with her children.

Image Image

αвιℓιту/тαℓєηт:
Rosalina can create force fields, and that's pretty much her only odd ability. She uses most of her other "normal" powers to take care of her stars - when close to the surface of a planet, she can hover or levitate a couple feet off of the ground, and can maneuver around the planet that way. She can also fly up to the heavens to watch over the galaxies. She often will pick a falling star out of the sky and fly alongside it for miles, enjoying the view of the starry night surrounding them. Rosalina can breathe in space, and no one really knows how or why she can do this - she somehow finds oxygen in a place where there is none.

нєя ραѕт:
When Rosalina was a young pony, she had been known to stargaze at night. One fateful night, as she sat and admired the celestial bodies shining in the sky, a shooting star landed beside her. Rosalina was scared at first, but soon calmed as she saw the shooting star was alive!
"Hello. Must have gone off course. Do you mind if I wait for my Mama here?"
Rosalina shook her head, a smile on her face. "No, I don't mind at all!"
"Mama's going to be here soon, I just know it! She's coming on a comet. She'll come get me, you'll see!"
But she didn't come that night, or any night after that. Every night Rosalina would trot up to the flat roof of her house, searching the skies with her shooting star friend, looking for its mother. Finally, Rosalina knew she would have to be the bearer of bad news. "Star? I don't think your mother is coming for you, after all. Perhaps she got lost, or - "
"No...Mama said she'd come for me."
"Perhaps she doesn't know where you landed."
"B-b-b-but..." The star's eyes filled with tears.
"I know! Why don't we go off to look for her?"
The star sniffled. "You'd really come with me to look?"
"Of course!"
And with that, Rosalina took hold of the star, and they shot off towards the heavens. They searched for the star's mother, but they never found her. Instead of finding the star's mother, they found a comet, and decided to use it as transportation. They rode the comet for awhile, but Rosalina became very tired and sleepy. "I'm going to take a nap. Will you please wake me when we reach our destination?"
The star bobbed up and down. "Of course! Sleep tight!"
While asleep, Rosalina dreamed of her mother, who had died earlier in her life. She had no father - no one knew where he'd run off to. Her mother had been everything to her, and dreaming of her mother made Rosalina very sad. When Rosalina awoke, tears were streaming down her face.
"What's wrong?" the star asked, turning to look at its friend.
Rosalina sniffled, tears continuing to stream down her face. "I miss my mother."
"Well, if we can find my mama, I'm sure we can find yours!"
Rosalina started to bawl. "We can't! She's...she's gone. Forever."
The star blinked twice, confused. "But...what if MY mama is gone forever?"
"Then...then we're more alone than I once thought."
The star started to cry. "B-b-but, I love my mama! I don't want her to be gone forever!"
"W-w-well, there's still hope for you," Rosalina choked out. "You don't know that she's gone forever. She may not be."

Over the next few years, Rosalina and her shooting star looked for its mother, but they never found her. One day, aboard a different comet, the shooting star sighed heavily.
"What's wrong?" Rosalina asked.
"I don't think we're ever going to find my mama, are we?"
Rosalina sighed, looking down. "I honestly doubt it, my friend."
"Oh."
"I'm sorry. I...I wish I could help you."
The star shrugged. "It's okay....I just...really miss her..." The star struggled not to burst into tears.
Suddenly, Rosalina had an epiphany. "Star?"
"Y-y-yeah?"
"I want to be your mama."
"W-w-what?!" The star sharply turned to her, shock written on its tiny face.
"I don't have a mother, and you don't have a mama. Who better to take care of you than someone who knows exactly what you're feeling? I care deeply for you, and I want to protect you for the rest of my life. Please...will you let me be your new mama?"
"Mama...?"
Rosalina sighed. "I'll understand if you don't feel comfortable with that, and - "
"MAMA!" cheered the star as it raced towards Rosalina, toppling her over with the force of its motion. Rosalina nearly fell off the comet, but managed to catch herself in the nick time, laughing as her new child bounced and floated around her, glowing with happiness.

9 months later, Rosalina and her star child had nearly finished building a home on a different planet. Just as she was hammering the last nail into the doorpost, a burst of light filled her vision. Both she and her child turned to look at the sky. There was a ball of orange light, and suddenly the light shrunk down into the rough shape of another star, much like Rosalina's child. The star floated over to them, hovering next to Rosalina's star child. It simply stared at them both, blinking, and not saying a word. The star child floated a tad bit closer, and motioned to Rosalina. "My mama," she introduced.
Rosalina nodded, and pointed to the shooting star. "My child."
The new star bobbed up and down, seeming to nod. "Be my mama?" it asked, looking at Rosalina.
Rosalina was surprised at first, but seeing the earnest expression on the new star's face, she smiled and nodded. "Of course."
"MAMA!" exclaimed the new star, racing towards Rosalina and toppling her over, just as her first child had done.

Over the next 5 years, more and more stars came to live with Rosalina. Soon her family numbered over 1,000,000! She had made her house quite large to begin with, and oddly, she did not have to add any rooms or change anything about it. It was as if she had known from the start that she would need a larger house to hold all of its inhabitants. As the stars got older, they each left Rosalina's home to fulfill their destinies. Some went on to become planets, and some went on to become shooting stars, streaking across the sky. Some even became comets! But most simply stayed stars, and shined among the heavens. There were always children in Rosalina's house, however, due to all of the stars being born every day.
Rosalina loved her new life with the stars, but sometimes she became sad and mourned her lost family. There were days where she wouldn't smile, and she'd seclude herself from her growing family. She'd sit alone in her library, making sure to lock the only door into the room, and she'd cry for hours upon end. During these times, she could hear the faint cry of, "Mama! Mama! Don't be sad! Mama, we love you!" coming from the other side of the door...but hearing her children's cries only made her miss her own mother more.
One fateful day when Rosalina had barricaded herself in the library once again, there came a knock at the door. Rosalina sniffled as she shuffled to the door. "That's odd," she murmured. "I can't hear my children. I hope everything's okay..."
The moment she opened the door, her children swarmed through it. A chant was soon taken up, and the room filled with starlight and song. "Mama, we adore you! Mama, we thank you for helping us in everything we do! Mama, Mama, Mama! Please, come out and play! Come out and smile! We don't want to see you sad, even for a little while! Mama, we love you! Mama, we know you're lonely...but please stay with us, and we'll fill the hole in your heart!"
When the song had ended, an older star floated forward. It smiled at Rosalina, and began to speak. "Mama, you took care of me. You loved me as I loved you. Now you're sad, and I don't like that. I want to do something to help. Mama, you may have lost your mama, but you do still certainly have us! We'll be by your side forever, no matter what comes or goes. And I don't know about my brothers and sisters, but if you accept my proposition, I promise to be with you for as long as we both shall live. As long as I am with you, you won't feel so bad - you won't feel so lonely, or so very sad. So won't you take my offer up? Mama, what's your decision?"
Rosalina sniffled. "Wh-what about your siblings, my little one? Don't they wish to stay with me forever? If I choose you, then I shun the rest of them."
"Oh, of course not, Mama!" an orange star spoke, floating forward. "We understand you can only have one, which is why we've let your eldest come forth. He has not left your side for most of your life. We know you have a special place in your heart for him, and him alone. And even though we all would love to stay with you forever, we know that you love us each the same...and it doesn't matter who you choose to stay with you - all that matters is that you love us just as much as we love you!"
"So...you won't be resentful if I don't choose you?"
"Of course not! Each and every one of us understands that you can only choose one. And we've made it easier for you, Mama, by choosing for you. Your eldest floats next to me. He is the one who has asked you the question, and he is the one we've chosen to be by your side forever."
"Well...I shall accept your proposition then, my old friend. But I want each and every one of you to know that I love you very much, and you are all special in your own way. I don't want any of you to harbor feelings of regret or disappointment, for you have chosen your own fate."
"Yes, Mama!" her children answered in unison.
Tears filled Rosalina's eyes once again, but instead of sorrow, joy filled her body instead. "Oh, what a lucky mare I am, to have such wonderful, loving, and kind children who care so much for me!"
"We love you, Mama!" her children spoke once again in unison, as they started to float around the room, flying around their mother in circles, laughing and cheering. "We only want you to be happy again!"
Rosalina smiled as her eldest child floated closer. "With each of you here with me, and one of you with me forever, I shall never be lonely again!"
Her children cheered, picking up speed as they zipped around the library.
Her eldest child, the first shooting star she had grabbed hold of, stopped in front of her. It smiled warmly at her. "What would you say, Mama, if I told you I wasn't a star?"
"Of course you're a star! You look just like your siblings!"
"They're stars, yes. But...I'm not one. I just happen to look like one. But I shall stay with you forever, if you'll still accept me."
"I don't care what you are. You've made me the happiest mare alive - you and your sisters and brothers. You are my child, no matter what shape or form you choose to take. I still love my children who have become comets, and I still love my children who have become planets. I love each and every one of my children the same - no matter what shape or form they take. You were my first child, Star. I shall always have a special place in my heart for you, regardless of what you claim to be."
The shooting star smiled. "I'm glad you feel that way, Mama, but don't you want to know what I am?"
"No. It doesn't matter to me. Simply do what you've agreed to. Keep me company for the rest of my life."
The shooting star began to glow. "I love you, Mama."
"I love you too, my son."

From that moment on, Rosalina's eldest son lived within her tail. Later on in her life, Rosalina found out that her son called himself a demon - but like Rosalina had claimed, she didn't care. She loved her son just the same as all of her other star children. And instead of calling her son a demon, she always called him, "My little star child," even though he did have his own name. In fact, Rosalina named each of her star children, but often just called them "star children," "my dears," "my darlings," or "my lovely children."
After her "demon" had bonded with her, Rosalina found she could fly like her children, and she found she had accumulated other powers as well. She used these powers to protect and help her children, and they in turn helped and protected her.

This story was HEAVILY based upon Rosalina's Storybook, which does not belong to me. Yes, there are some similarities in both of our stories (stars losing mothers, Rosalina losing her mother, Rosalina and the star going off on a comet to find the star's mother, Rosalina dreaming of her mother, Rosalina and the star making a new home, more stars coming to live with her, etc.) but you can see that my story IS different than the original story I based it off of.

ρєяѕσηαℓιту:

Loving, Caring, Kind, and Generous - Rosalina loves all creatures, but most of all her children. She is very kind in nature, taking care of them and attending to every need they have. In doing this, Rosalina has shown that she is generous. She often sacrifices time alone to be with her children. She works hard at attending to the cosmos, making sure the galaxy is just as safe as her children. She often has picnics with her children, and she enjoys baking with them as well. She yearns to make her children happy, and to bring them up in a good and upright way - and if this means reprimanding them once in awhile, she will do so. For the most part, however, Rosalina is very good with her children, seldom raising her voice at them. She often comforts her children when they are sad, and she has been known to give advice to any one of them that asks.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8a wrote:If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Nelson Mandela wrote:A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Magic, Part 2 wrote:"Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness." — Fluttershy

'Generosity' by EileMonty, MandoPony, and AccousticBrony wrote:When they all see her come around,
You know there's something here to be found,
A lush beauty,
Like a diamond ring,
Of the highest Rarity,
And even more beautiful inside,
Reach way down deep and I'm sure you'll find,
That she can bring,
That little something,
Called Generosity.

Lonely and Sorrowful - On occasion, Rosalina has been known to not be as happy as she normally is - during these times, Rosalina spirals down into a depression-like state, feeling lonely and sorrowful as she mourns those she loved. These times used to last longer than they do currently - they have now become a rare occurrence. But while she no longer displays these sad emotions quite so harshly, there is still something deep within her, still grieving for those she has lost. Due to this, Rosalina will sometimes be perceived as quiet, as she generally keeps her thoughts to herself.
Albert Einstein wrote:It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.

Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Wise and Thoughtful - While Rosalina has had sorrow and loneliness in her life, she has decided to not dwell so much on these negative emotions and circumstances and brighten her future by growing in wisdom. Over the years, Rosalina has become wiser than any of her children. She loves teaching; and whenever the opportunity arises, she will teach her children diligently.
Walter Lippmann wrote:It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.

Mason Cooley wrote:The lonely become either thoughtful or empty.

Strong in Spirit - Rosalina makes up for her weakness in physical strength with strength mentally and emotionally. Instead of dwelling on the negative, Rosalina focuses on the positive. Yes, there are times where even she cannot block the sadness the overwhelms her, but for the most part she is able to keep it at bay by focusing on the happier things in life - like her children, cooking, and her job as the protector of the cosmos.
Victor Hugo wrote:Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it.

Protective Mother - Rosalina's entire life revolves around her children. She loves them, and has sworn to protect them and guard them. She has fun with her children, and only wishes to make good memories before they must leave her nest and fly away to fulfill their own destinies. Rosalina may be a sweet pony, determined to have as much fun with her family as possible...but that doesn't mean she is a wimp. She is very protective of her family, and she knows that her family is just as protective of her. She looks out for them, and they in turn make her happy. She loves them just as much as they love her - and her children can often be heard singing songs of happiness, joy, and appreciation to their mother...and sometimes, Rosalina will join in singing with the children she loves so dearly.
Andrew Lincoln wrote:I like to think that I've got determination, and I'm fiercely protective of the people I love.

LaToya Jackson wrote:I'll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future.

тнємє ѕσηgѕ: Starlight (Collin McLoughlin Remix), Starlight (Clark Kent Remix)

αят: Image

σтнєя: Thank you SO MUCH for allowing me the chance to win this beautiful character. While writing up her story and her personality, I have fallen in love with her so much. I appreciate the choice you made to put her up for adoption, and I promise to love her if I do win her. I know you'll choose someone who truly deserves her, even if that person isn't me. :)

Large amounts of information were taken from here and slightly changed to fit this character. This article does not belong to me, but to whomever is in charge of the Mario Wikipedia.

[/center]
Last edited by . : cry : . on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
stuff wrote:my deersserts;;
call me cry or kraken
. : cry : .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DP #6!

Postby booklover789 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 am

Gilbert K. Chesterton wrote:To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.

υѕєяηαмє:
booklover789

ηαмє:
Rosalina

ωну ∂ι∂ уσυ ηαмє нєя тнαт?
Her design reminded me of a character from the "Mario Kart Wii," "Mario Kart 7," "Super Mario Galaxy," "Super Mario Galaxy 2," and "Mario Party: Island Tour" (this game has not yet been released) video games: Rosalina. Rosalina is the commander of the Comet Observitory and is an adoptive mother to the stars, called Lumas. It is her job to watch over the universe and take care of the Lumas.
I named this DP as I did not only for her design, but also due to her personality, her tragic past, and her abilities. She is like Rosalina in nearly every way - and the reason for this is simple: I found great inspiration in this video game character, and have always liked her, so I decided to model this DP after her.

ωнαт ∂σєѕ нєя ∂ємση яєρяєѕєηт?
Her demon represents every star within the heavens. As Rosalina is their protector, she protects her demon just as much as it protects her.

ωнαт αяє нєя нσввιєѕ?
She enjoys the simple things in life - having picnics, baking, and spending time with her children.

ωнαт αяє нєя ƒανσяιтє ƒσσ∂ѕ?
Rosalina says her favorite food is honey, due to it smelling like the stars she loves so dearly. She also likes Carambola, and will often eat it with her children.

Image Image

αвιℓιту/тαℓєηт:
Rosalina can create force fields, and that's pretty much her only odd ability. She uses most of her other "normal" powers to take care of her stars - when close to the surface of a planet, she can hover or levitate a couple feet off of the ground, and can maneuver around the planet that way. She can also fly up to the heavens to watch over the galaxies. She often will pick a falling star out of the sky and fly alongside it for miles, enjoying the view of the starry night surrounding them. Rosalina can breathe in space, and no one really knows how or why she can do this - she somehow finds oxygen in a place where there is none.

нєя ραѕт:
When Rosalina was a young pony, she had been known to stargaze at night. One fateful night, as she sat and admired the celestial bodies shining in the sky, a shooting star landed beside her. Rosalina was scared at first, but soon calmed as she saw the shooting star was alive!
"Hello. Must have gone off course. Do you mind if I wait for my Mama here?"
Rosalina shook her head, a smile on her face. "No, I don't mind at all!"
"Mama's going to be here soon, I just know it! She's coming on a comet. She'll come get me, you'll see!"
But she didn't come that night, or any night after that. Every night Rosalina would trot up to the flat roof of her house, searching the skies with her shooting star friend, looking for its mother. Finally, Rosalina knew she would have to be the bearer of bad news. "Star? I don't think your mother is coming for you, after all. Perhaps she got lost, or - "
"No...Mama said she'd come for me."
"Perhaps she doesn't know where you landed."
"B-b-b-but..." The star's eyes filled with tears.
"I know! Why don't we go off to look for her?"
The star sniffled. "You'd really come with me to look?"
"Of course!"
And with that, Rosalina took hold of the star, and they shot off towards the heavens. They searched for the star's mother, but they never found her. Instead of finding the star's mother, they found a comet, and decided to use it as transportation. They rode the comet for awhile, but Rosalina became very tired and sleepy. "I'm going to take a nap. Will you please wake me when we reach our destination?"
The star bobbed up and down. "Of course! Sleep tight!"
While asleep, Rosalina dreamed of her mother, who had died earlier in her life. She had no father - no one knew where he'd run off to. Her mother had been everything to her, and dreaming of her mother made Rosalina very sad. When Rosalina awoke, tears were streaming down her face.
"What's wrong?" the star asked, turning to look at its friend.
Rosalina sniffled, tears continuing to stream down her face. "I miss my mother."
"Well, if we can find my mama, I'm sure we can find yours!"
Rosalina started to bawl. "We can't! She's...she's gone. Forever."
The star blinked twice, confused. "But...what if MY mama is gone forever?"
"Then...then we're more alone than I once thought."
The star started to cry. "B-b-but, I love my mama! I don't want her to be gone forever!"
"W-w-well, there's still hope for you," Rosalina choked out. "You don't know that she's gone forever. She may not be."

Over the next few years, Rosalina and her shooting star looked for its mother, but they never found her. One day, aboard a different comet, the shooting star sighed heavily.
"What's wrong?" Rosalina asked.
"I don't think we're ever going to find my mama, are we?"
Rosalina sighed, looking down. "I honestly doubt it, my friend."
"Oh."
"I'm sorry. I...I wish I could help you."
The star shrugged. "It's okay....I just...really miss her..." The star struggled not to burst into tears.
Suddenly, Rosalina had an epiphany. "Star?"
"Y-y-yeah?"
"I want to be your mama."
"W-w-what?!" The star sharply turned to her, shock written on its tiny face.
"I don't have a mother, and you don't have a mama. Who better to take care of you than someone who knows exactly what you're feeling? I care deeply for you, and I want to protect you for the rest of my life. Please...will you let me be your new mama?"
"Mama...?"
Rosalina sighed. "I'll understand if you don't feel comfortable with that, and - "
"MAMA!" cheered the star as it raced towards Rosalina, toppling her over with the force of its motion. Rosalina nearly fell off the comet, but managed to catch herself in the nick time, laughing as her new child bounced and floated around her, glowing with happiness.

9 months later, Rosalina and her star child had nearly finished building a home on a different planet. Just as she was hammering the last nail into the doorpost, a burst of light filled her vision. Both she and her child turned to look at the sky. There was a ball of orange light, and suddenly the light shrunk down into the rough shape of another star, much like Rosalina's child. The star floated over to them, hovering next to Rosalina's star child. It simply stared at them both, blinking, and not saying a word. The star child floated a tad bit closer, and motioned to Rosalina. "My mama," she introduced.
Rosalina nodded, and pointed to the shooting star. "My child."
The new star bobbed up and down, seeming to nod. "Be my mama?" it asked, looking at Rosalina.
Rosalina was surprised at first, but seeing the earnest expression on the new star's face, she smiled and nodded. "Of course."
"MAMA!" exclaimed the new star, racing towards Rosalina and toppling her over, just as her first child had done.

Over the next 5 years, more and more stars came to live with Rosalina. Soon her family numbered over 1,000,000! She had made her house quite large to begin with, and oddly, she did not have to add any rooms or change anything about it. It was as if she had known from the start that she would need a larger house to hold all of its inhabitants. As the stars got older, they each left Rosalina's home to fulfill their destinies. Some went on to become planets, and some went on to become shooting stars, streaking across the sky. Some even became comets! But most simply stayed stars, and shined among the heavens. There were always children in Rosalina's house, however, due to all of the stars being born every day.
Rosalina loved her new life with the stars, but sometimes she became sad and mourned her lost family. There were days where she wouldn't smile, and she'd seclude herself from her growing family. She'd sit alone in her library, making sure to lock the only door into the room, and she'd cry for hours upon end. During these times, she could hear the faint cry of, "Mama! Mama! Don't be sad! Mama, we love you!" coming from the other side of the door...but hearing her children's cries only made her miss her own mother more.
One fateful day when Rosalina had barricaded herself in the library once again, there came a knock at the door. Rosalina sniffled as she shuffled to the door. "That's odd," she murmured. "I can't hear my children. I hope everything's okay..."
The moment she opened the door, her children swarmed through it. A chant was soon taken up, and the room filled with starlight and song. "Mama, we adore you! Mama, we thank you for helping us in everything we do! Mama, Mama, Mama! Please, come out and play! Come out and smile! We don't want to see you sad, even for a little while! Mama, we love you! Mama, we know you're lonely...but please stay with us, and we'll fill the hole in your heart!"
When the song had ended, an older star floated forward. It smiled at Rosalina, and began to speak. "Mama, you took care of me. You loved me as I loved you. Now you're sad, and I don't like that. I want to do something to help. Mama, you may have lost your mama, but you do still certainly have us! We'll be by your side forever, no matter what comes or goes. And I don't know about my brothers and sisters, but if you accept my proposition, I promise to be with you for as long as we both shall live. As long as I am with you, you won't feel so bad - you won't feel so lonely, or so very sad. So won't you take my offer up? Mama, what's your decision?"
Rosalina sniffled. "Wh-what about your siblings, my little one? Don't they wish to stay with me forever? If I choose you, then I shun the rest of them."
"Oh, of course not, Mama!" an orange star spoke, floating forward. "We understand you can only have one, which is why we've let your eldest come forth. He has not left your side for most of your life. We know you have a special place in your heart for him, and him alone. And even though we all would love to stay with you forever, we know that you love us each the same...and it doesn't matter who you choose to stay with you - all that matters is that you love us just as much as we love you!"
"So...you won't be resentful if I don't choose you?"
"Of course not! Each and every one of us understands that you can only choose one. And we've made it easier for you, Mama, by choosing for you. Your eldest floats next to me. He is the one who has asked you the question, and he is the one we've chosen to be by your side forever."
"Well...I shall accept your proposition then, my old friend. But I want each and every one of you to know that I love you very much, and you are all special in your own way. I don't want any of you to harbor feelings of regret or disappointment, for you have chosen your own fate."
"Yes, Mama!" her children answered in unison.
Tears filled Rosalina's eyes once again, but instead of sorrow, joy filled her body instead. "Oh, what a lucky mare I am, to have such wonderful, loving, and kind children who care so much for me!"
"We love you, Mama!" her children spoke once again in unison, as they started to float around the room, flying around their mother in circles, laughing and cheering. "We only want you to be happy again!"
Rosalina smiled as her eldest child floated closer. "With each of you here with me, and one of you with me forever, I shall never be lonely again!"
Her children cheered, picking up speed as they zipped around the library.
Her eldest child, the first shooting star she had grabbed hold of, stopped in front of her. It smiled warmly at her. "What would you say, Mama, if I told you I wasn't a star?"
"Of course you're a star! You look just like your siblings!"
"They're stars, yes. But...I'm not one. I just happen to look like one. But I shall stay with you forever, if you'll still accept me."
"I don't care what you are. You've made me the happiest mare alive - you and your sisters and brothers. You are my child, no matter what shape or form you choose to take. I still love my children who have become comets, and I still love my children who have become planets. I love each and every one of my children the same - no matter what shape or form they take. You were my first child, Star. I shall always have a special place in my heart for you, regardless of what you claim to be."
The shooting star smiled. "I'm glad you feel that way, Mama, but don't you want to know what I am?"
"No. It doesn't matter to me. Simply do what you've agreed to. Keep me company for the rest of my life."
The shooting star began to glow. "I love you, Mama."
"I love you too, my son."

From that moment on, Rosalina's eldest son lived within her tail. Later on in her life, Rosalina found out that her son called himself a demon - but like Rosalina had claimed, she didn't care. She loved her son just the same as all of her other star children. And instead of calling her son a demon, she always called him, "My little star child," even though he did have his own name. In fact, Rosalina named each of her star children, but often just called them "star children," "my dears," "my darlings," or "my lovely children."
After her "demon" had bonded with her, Rosalina found she could fly like her children, and she found she had accumulated other powers as well. She used these powers to protect and help her children, and they in turn helped and protected her.

This story was HEAVILY based upon Rosalina's Storybook, which does not belong to me. Yes, there are some similarities in both of our stories (stars losing mothers, Rosalina losing her mother, Rosalina and the star going off on a comet to find the star's mother, Rosalina dreaming of her mother, Rosalina and the star making a new home, more stars coming to live with her, etc.) but you can see that my story IS different than the original story I based it off of.

ρєяѕσηαℓιту:

Loving, Caring, Kind, and Generous - Rosalina loves all creatures, but most of all her children. She is very kind in nature, taking care of them and attending to every need they have. In doing this, Rosalina has shown that she is generous. She often sacrifices time alone to be with her children. She works hard at attending to the cosmos, making sure the galaxy is just as safe as her children. She often has picnics with her children, and she enjoys baking with them as well. She yearns to make her children happy, and to bring them up in a good and upright way - and if this means reprimanding them once in awhile, she will do so. For the most part, however, Rosalina is very good with her children, seldom raising her voice at them. She often comforts her children when they are sad, and she has been known to give advice to any one of them that asks.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8a wrote:If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

Nelson Mandela wrote:A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Friendship is Magic, Part 2 wrote:"Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness." — Fluttershy

'Generosity' by EileMonty, MandoPony, and AccousticBrony wrote:When they all see her come around,
You know there's something here to be found,
A lush beauty,
Like a diamond ring,
Of the highest Rarity,
And even more beautiful inside,
Reach way down deep and I'm sure you'll find,
That she can bring,
That little something,
Called Generosity.

Lonely and Sorrowful - On occasion, Rosalina has been known to not be as happy as she normally is - during these times, Rosalina spirals down into a depression-like state, feeling lonely and sorrowful as she mourns those she loved. These times used to last longer than they do currently - they have now become a rare occurrence. But while she no longer displays these sad emotions quite so harshly, there is still something deep within her, still grieving for those she has lost. Due to this, Rosalina will sometimes be perceived as quiet, as she generally keeps her thoughts to herself.
Albert Einstein wrote:It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.

Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Wise and Thoughtful - While Rosalina has had sorrow and loneliness in her life, she has decided to not dwell so much on these negative emotions and circumstances and brighten her future by growing in wisdom. Over the years, Rosalina has become wiser than any of her children. She loves teaching; and whenever the opportunity arises, she will teach her children diligently.
Walter Lippmann wrote:It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.

Mason Cooley wrote:The lonely become either thoughtful or empty.

Strong in Spirit - Rosalina makes up for her weakness in physical strength with strength mentally and emotionally. Instead of dwelling on the negative, Rosalina focuses on the positive. Yes, there are times where even she cannot block the sadness the overwhelms her, but for the most part she is able to keep it at bay by focusing on the happier things in life - like her children, cooking, and her job as the protector of the cosmos.
Victor Hugo wrote:Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it.

Protective Mother - Rosalina's entire life revolves around her children. She loves them, and has sworn to protect them and guard them. She has fun with her children, and only wishes to make good memories before they must leave her nest and fly away to fulfill their own destinies. Rosalina may be a sweet pony, determined to have as much fun with her family as possible...but that doesn't mean she is a wimp. She is very protective of her family, and she knows that her family is just as protective of her. She looks out for them, and they in turn make her happy. She loves them just as much as they love her - and her children can often be heard singing songs of happiness, joy, and appreciation to their mother...and sometimes, Rosalina will join in singing with the children she loves so dearly.
Andrew Lincoln wrote:I like to think that I've got determination, and I'm fiercely protective of the people I love.

LaToya Jackson wrote:I'll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future.

тнємє ѕσηgѕ: Starlight (Collin McLoughlin Remix), Starlight (Clark Kent Remix)

αят: Image

σтнєя: Thank you SO MUCH for allowing me the chance to win this beautiful character. While writing up her story and her personality, I have fallen in love with her so much. I appreciate the choice you made to put her up for adoption, and I promise to love her if I do win her. I know you'll choose someone who truly deserves her, even if that person isn't me. :)

Large amounts of information were taken from here and slightly changed to fit this character. This article does not belong to me, but to whomever is in charge of the Mario Wikipedia.
Last edited by booklover789 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 40 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 am

dropping out, sorry :c

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎
▎ ▎

Username:
Name:
Ability/talent:
Personality:
Art:
Other:
~~~

Last edited by sapiosexual on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crystal Gems » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 pm

~Ability/Talent~
Retna's ability is to make herself glow.
~What does her demon represent?~
Her demon represents light.
~What are her/their hobbies?~
She enjoys star-gazing, and painting.
~Personality~
Retna is a bubbly, light, cheerful pony. She can brighten up a room, even without her ability. She is social, sweet, and slightly devious.
~Art~
~Poem~Goes with art~
Taking the Leap
Do I pick up the brush
Paint the sky
Paint the hush

Do I let myself free
Be me
Be we

Are we all alone
On our own
Somehow low

Do I pick up the brush
Paint the sky
Paint the hush

~Other~
She's so gorgeous, my dream pony :D
Last edited by Crystal Gems on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

"I'm a member of the Crystal Gems.
We fight monsters and protect humanity and stuff."
-Steven Universe

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Crystal Gems

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricotflyer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 pm

. u s e r n a m e .
Hello, I'm Apricotflyer and I've watched this species since you first put it up. I've never had the urge or desire to really try for one of your demon ponies yet. They are all beautiful but I feel a much stronger connection with this one. I've always loved the stars, admired them from afar and I have even considered an astronaut as an occupation. I want this girl to be able to do what I cannot with stars.
. n a m e .
Alnair wrote:"Um, hello. I'm Alnair. Alnair is actually the name of a star which I think is pretty cool! And it means bright one. I think I'm rather bright, just like my shining demon friend here too. His name is..."

Cosmo wrote:"Cosmo! As in cosmic. Haha, you don't need Alnair to tell you that, I can speak you know."

. a b i l i t i e s .
Alnair wrote:"What is my talent? Well, I chart the stars. But combined with the force of Cosmo we have abilities that go beyond your imagination. We are fighters, the power of the stars running through our veins. We can burn with the light of the sun, shoot balls of flaming gas, and let the gentle waves of starlight drown our enemies."

Cosmo wrote:"We are the perfect unstoppable combination."

Personality:
Art:
Other:
You are allowed to add 2 extras, whether they be more descriptors or 2 extra pieces of art.

whole form is a major wip
Last edited by apricotflyer on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxImage Image Image
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    𝐢❜𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨.​​​​

━━ ✦ rp characters
    ━━ ✦ apri
    ━━ ✦ she/her
    ━━ ✦ leo
    ━━ ✦ infp
    ━━ ✦ lesbian

━━ ✦ crestley family

𝐢❜𝐦 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
apricotflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby henley » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Username:
Name:
Ability/talent:
Personality:
Art:
Other:
You are allowed to add 2 extras, whether they be more descriptors or 2 extra pieces of art.
haitus until September 20th

not well, so sorry.
henley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . : cry : . » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:53 pm

small misc bump UvU
call me cry or kraken
. : cry : .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Username:
Name:
Ability/talent:
Personality:
Art:
Other:
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . : cry : . » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:03 am

Bumpuu UvU