Artist Chim [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

RU #3

Postby Chim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 am

Runner up for Makoatl #1 < 3

Adrian Belongs to; CeruleanRush
Last edited by Chim on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

CONTACT ME: deviantArt - furrypaws - send me a message on CS! - toyhou.se - Chim #6594 @ Discord

I DO NOT DO REQUESTS OR TRADES, COMMISSIONS ARE CLOSED, SORRY! ;u;
Chim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Makoatl #14

Postby allinian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 am

Oooo smexy <33 xD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------

⟡ alli ⟡ she/her ⟡
to-do list

art creditimg rotator
⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RU #3

Postby CeruleanRush » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 am

═════════════════════════════════
"Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ sᴏʀʀᴏᴡs ᴏғ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴏɴᴇs; ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴀʙᴏʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪsʜᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ᴛᴀsᴋ, ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ."
Victor Hugo

Who Am I?
CeruleanRush
    Hello, nice to meet you! I'm just another person trying out for this stunning Makoatl. He deserves an amazing home, and I hope I can give him one.

═════════════════════════════════Image
"Wᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴍ ᴏғ ʟɪғᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴛᴏᴘs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴛᴛᴇʀɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪs ᴡᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ."
Henry Ward Beecher

What's In A Name?
Adriatic is his full name, but he prefers Adrian.
    Adriatic has a bit of an odd name. He's quite literally named after the tiny sea between the Italian and Balkan peninsulas. Not being one to want to stand out, being named after a massive body of water isn't exactly his ideal choice. So, he took on a much simpler and shorter name- Adrian. It doesn't mean any sort of ocean, and it's just... normal. Normal is exactly what Adrian's wanted to be for most of his life, but he's never seemed to get anywhere close. Instead, he just treasures his nickname as the only sane part of him.

"I ʟᴏᴠᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘ. Mʏ ʟɪғᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴄʏ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ?"
Ernest Hemingway

A Quirky Personality
Adrian suffers from narcolepsy.
    Well, "suffers" wouldn't be his first choice of word. Something more subtle would be better, like... "deals with narcolepsy". If you didn't know, narcolepsy is a condition that causes someone to fall asleep randomly, at any time or place. Adrian certainly didn't ask to be narcoleptic, but he's not complaining, either.
Nowhere to go, nothing to do.
    Adrian's narcolepsy left a bigger impact than he'd like. Instead of living a free life like most other Makoatls, he's stuck back on the rocks. Swimming anywhere he can't stand is a life-threatening issue; at any moment, he could just fall asleep, sink, and drown. He can't follow any other Makoatls out into the ocean, and that makes him almost friendless. Sure, people might chat with the lonely-looking soul on the shore every so often, but that gets boring. They come and go like the tide itself, never hanging around for more than a week. Instead of sitting around over where everyone else is, Adrian has taken up exploring the nearby tide pools. All the starfish, snails, and other interesting creatures are much nicer than other Makos. For one thing, they don't scream if he falls asleep on them.
That swirly pillow.
    There's only one pillow that Adrian would ever lay his head down on. It's the same one he totes around everywhere, and the same one that he'll have a complete panic attack over if he loses it. Somehow, after waking up from falling asleep for about the 10th time one day, he noticed it floating in one of the tide pools he frequents. There wasn't another soul in sight, and to this day Adrian isn't sure if another Makoatl left it for him, it was thrown out by another creature, or it just floated there with the tide itself. The faded blue cloth basically became a part of him, and it's been with him ever since. Sure, it's a little ripped at the edges from years of love, but who cares? It's a pillow nonetheless.
    Adrian has only lost it once, and when he did, he just about had a panic attack. Nothing was more important than finding it, and it appeared the world was collapsing through his eyes until he noticed a young Mako trotting along behind her mother. Clutched tightly between her teeth was just what he was looking for, that same old blue pillow with white swirls. Several minutes later the pup ran off in a ball of tears back to her mother. Where was Adrian? He had managed to fall asleep mid-plead, and toppled over on the pillow that he had just accidentally torn out of the pup's mouth with his full body weight. The majority of the Makoatl population refused to talk to him for several months. Rumors spread like fire, after all, and Adrian was apparently a heartless monster who liked torturing children for fun. Above all, the pillow is just a way for him to keep attached to reality after so much time spent dreaming.
Who are you calling immature?
    His tendency to fall asleep often leads to the rumor that Adrian has no care for responsibility, which is just about 110% wrong. Adrian is an independent young adult, even with his huge flurry of problems. Though there are times where he wishes he could just give up and sulk for the rest of his life, he's managed to keep his head held high enough to continue on.
Night time is the best time.
    When most other Makoatls are asleep, Adrian is most alive. There's no one around to mess with him, and he has the moon and stars to keep him company. Using nothing but his own mind, he can map out at least 50 different constellations that he's made over the years, all his own creations.
Who needs oceans?
    Even when "oceans oceans OCEANS I LOVE OCEANS MY LIFE IS OCEANS" is all some Makos are based around, Adrian prefers to explore the coast and the land around it. Sure, he might occasionally drift around in shallow water, but that's not all he cares about. To him, the ocean is just another part of the huge world that he wants to explore.
A bit of optimism never hurt.
    Adrian tries his best to look at the nicer side of things, even when it appears that it doesn't exist.
A quick summary.
    Overall, Adrian is a narcoleptic dreamer who does his best to keep his head above the high tides of life that just keep threatening to swallow him whole. He's in no way immature, and in fact quite serious and responsible. Using a large dose of optimism and the pillow he's attached to, Adrian has managed to keep himself from drowning in problem after problem.

"Iғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ, sʟᴇᴇᴘ ʟᴀᴛᴇ."
Henny Youngman

Looking Back
His parents were his polar opposites.
    Both his mother and his father had huge social lives, both on land and in the ocean. In all honesty, they were more concerned with their own statuses than their own son. Due to this, Adrian grew up a bit on his own. Back then his narcolepsy was still as bad as it is now, and his parents would often leave him on his own in their little cliffside cave while they were out and about in the ocean. Since then, he's moved on, making himself a home by the tide pools.
He's gotten himself into a bit of trouble before.
    Back when Adrian was feeling a bit depressed about his life, he managed to slip down into a short depression. It didn't last long, however, and it was sheer willpower that finally pulled him out of it. After all, he doesn't really have any friends or family by his side anymore.

"Yᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴀʟʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ ɪs ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs."
Dr. Seuss

Love Hurts
Well, it would hurt if Adrian had anyone he actually cared about.
    As odd as it might seem, Adrian has never dated anyone aside from those few "summer romances" he had as a child. Even those weren't much, just two pups trying to act older than they really were. Sure, he'll spend time sitting around Mako-watching for hours on end, and yes, sometimes a pretty female might catch his eye. But it's a hollow feeling, as he'll never see them again.They don't care about him, and in return, he doesn't care about them. It's the easiest way to not get dragged down by break-up after break-up because of his narcolepsy.
Sexuality isn't everything.
    Adrian doesn't actually know what gender he likes, or if he even likes a gender at all. This is simply because he's never spent a lot of time with either, as he's never dated another Makoatl. Quite honestly, he doesn't care at the moment. He has much bigger issues.

"Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴅ ᴍᴀᴅ. Sᴛᴀʏ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ғɪɢʜᴛ."
Phyllis Diller

Art will be removed and replaced in a bit. uwu
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes