YAS #1: RUBY by Penultima

Based on Click to view
Artist Penultima [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

YAS #1: RUBY

Postby Penultima » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 am

Ruby, being a rare and highly valued gemstone, creates a very powerful magic about this creature.
To apply this Yas, Fill out the form below and post it to this topic.

This will end on the 21st of January 2013. All entries are expected to be finished by this date.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Name meaning: [Optional]
Gemstone: Ruby
Power:
Art: [Optional]

Last edited by Penultima on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: YAS #1: RUBY

Postby Fizzetters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 am

Username: AvaSpongSeal
Name: Bränna
Name meaning: Her name means 'Incinerate' in Swedish.
Story/History: She lived in a cave overlooking a volcano. Everyday she would spend at least 20 mins just staring into the lava. She said this improved her concentration when she had begun learning the power of fire. She trained for months when she had finally mastered the element. Branna felt strong, stronger than never before. She had an uncontrollable power flowing through her veins. Something that drove her to burning down a village close by. She killed all the people living there, leaving there burnt bodies in a pool of ashes. Ever since then, she had avoided any people.But one day, some villagers came to re-build the burnt houses. Branna warned them and told them to leave... before she re-created the scene like several weeks before, when she killed innocent people and destroyed the local village...
Gemstone: Ruby
Power: The gemstone on her forehead represents the element of fire. This gives her free control over the world's flames. She can summon fiery vortex's and create waves of boiling magma lava. However, these use up most of her strength.
Art: Wip - will be posted later today -
Last edited by Fizzetters on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fizzetters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 am

Thanks, and she was just put up this morning, so it hasn't ended yet.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzetters » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 am

oh cool ^^ thx :)
Fizzetters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LightningStrike3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 am

• Username:
    lightningstrike3
  • Name:
    Saykiko
  • Name meaning:
    Saykiko means psychic in Filipino.
  • History:
    Ever since Saykiko's gem had started to form on his forehead, he had been able to use the power that the ruby allowed him to. Saykiko loved to use his ability whenever he could as a child, as it really annoyed others. He got to know everything that others thought and got to know little things that would happen in the future. Saykiko had an amazing childhood with everything he could ever want; lots of friends, a loving family, and in his opinion, the best power out of them all.

Once Saykiko got older though, he learned that others didn't appreciate his magnificent ability as much as he did. They did not like Saykiko infiltrating their personal thoughts. Saykiko didn't want to disappoint or annoy others anymore; he wanted their respect. The others were okay with his future vision though, as it could help protect them from harm, although the visions didn't come very often and they still had to worry about Syakiko reading their thoughts at anytime. Saykiko could find only few who would accept him and his power as a friend as time went on.

Saykiko is now a young adult, still trying to gain the respect of many. He has learned now to keep whenever he reads someone's thoughts to himself, but announce when he has a vision. While the others like him more now that Saykiko does this, Saykiko still feels like they do not respect him or the power that his ruby gives him.

• Gemstone:
    Ruby
  • Power:
    His ruby allows him to see into other's minds and read their thoughts. The ruby also allows him to sometimes have small visions of things that will happen in the close future.
  • Art:

If Told You What Was,

boopadoopadoopdoopdoopadoo
Hello there.
I am just a simple Lightning,
so if you wanna talk
or have any questions
feel free to pm me.
I get bored easy.
That is all.

Art shopDA

Would You Turn Your Back On Me?
LightningStrike3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forecast » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 am

.:Username:.
Derpina c:
.:Name:.
Tamablood (totally made up ouo )
.:Name meaning:.
(I've just made this up) Latin for Ruby Blood
.:Gender:.
Male, because he looks strong >3<
.:Story/History:.
Tamablood, preferrably Tama, was a lone pup. His mother abandoned him, because she was being hunted for her rare, vaulable jewel. He learned to defend himself, fending off cobras and battling bears. He grew up in a violent world, and he, seeming pretty violent, is really nice and protective. [Optional]
.:Gemstone:.
Ruby
Power:.
Art: [Optional]

WIP
forecast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LightningStrike3 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:15 am

May I ask when this is going to be judged?

If Told You What Was,

Hello there.
I am just a simple Lightning,
so if you wanna talk
or have any questions
feel free to pm me.
I get bored easy.
That is all.

Art shopDA

Would You Turn Your Back On Me?
LightningStrike3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sentoki » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Username:
Weed-Sama

Name:
Eien

Name meaning:
Shadow Fire (in Japanese)

Story/History:
How innocent I was then, and how young! I thought, I believed entirely, that I was a wolf, and I never even knew that I was a whole different species, until the humans attacked me.

Born without knowledge of his extraordinary abilities as a Yas, Eien grew up in seclusion, away from any other living thing. As the Yas was raised by his parents, he grew up thinking he was a normal wolf, and he never realized that his kind was shunned by the village his family lived next to. As a result of this, Eien wandered into the village one day, during his adolescence, and was shocked by what he encountered there. Upon seeing Eien, the humans picked up their weapons - rakes, knives, spears, bows and arrows, whatever they could get their hands on - and rushed at the young Yas, yelling at him, calling him an abomination of the world, calling him, a Yas.

When the humans attacked me and starting hitting me with their iron weapons, something within me stirred and broke, and everything fell into darkness. By the time I regained consciousness, the humans were writhing in a dark flame, and a tortured screaming filled my ears. It was then I realized I was also engulfed in those dark flames, but unlike the humans, I didn't feel anything at all.

Eien had no idea of what the humans intended to do to him, and simply sat there, watching as the humans rushed towards him with furious warcrys. It was only until the weapons that the humans wielded started to impact on his soft body, that the Yas realized that the humans had the intention of killing him. Calling out in pain, a dark glow started to emerge around his body. Noticing this ominous glow, the humans of the village halted their assault, and started to back away, but it was too late for them. With another loud cry, a dark explosion rocketed out from the young Yas' body, and engulfed the entire village, burning down houses and livestock instantly, while leaving the humans writhing and screaming while captured in a dark mass of flames. It was then that Eien regained his senses, and spotted the humans in their state. Shocked and frightened, the Yas raced back out of the destroyed village, and headed for home.

I didn't want to hurt them. I never had. But I couldn't control myself. And because of that, they experienced an eternal torture. All because of me.

When Eien got home to his parents, the frightened young Yas recounted the whole event to them, all the while shivering in fear. Exchanging worried and saddened glances, Eien's mother finally broke the silence, and told her only son.
"My son, you aren't...you aren't a wolf. You're a Yas. I'm sorry we've kept this from you for so long. Perhaps it's been too long, now that your powers have been released." At those words, Eien's young mind churned with many thoughts. Too many for his undeveloped self to handle. An anguished cry escaped his throat, and the Yas backed away from his parents. Opening his jaws to yell at his parents, Eien was shocked to see the same dark flame that had engulfed him earlier emerge and engulf his parents. As his parents fell to the ground screaming in pain, the Yas backed out of the den he shared with his family and ran, attempting to run away from his troubles and pain.

I regretted it. I regretted it greatly. But what was done, was done. And no matter how much I regretted it, I could never erase the events that had already occurred.

As Eien grew up to become an adult, he kept himself away from others as much as he could, in the fear that he would hurt them again. In this time, he trained with his flames, and managed to master them completely. Only then did the fully grown Yas decided to venture out into the outside world, and start his life anew. He had accepted his past, and though it saddened him greatly, the Yas' thoughts had matured, and he could now put it behind him. Wandering the world, never staying in one place for long, Eien had managed to avoid using his flames too much, and had avoided all conflicts and quarrels.

I am a wanderer. Never to find a home. Never to settle down. And I must never settle down. For if I do, I will hurt many others again, and destroy the lives of those who care for them.

Gemstone:
Ruby

Power:
Eien has the ability to create and control flames of darkness, also known as the Flames of Hell, as they are able to make those engulfed in the flames feel the same burning sensation as the hottest of flames even though they aren't being burnt physically. In other words, those caught in his flames will experience the sensation of being burnt to death until the end of their days.
Eien is able to both breathe and create this fire from scratch, and though these flames are considered extremely dangerous to whoever comes into contact with it, it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on him and those who he wishes not to torture to death. One can say that Eien has absolute control over the flames, as he decides who gets burnt by his flames, who gets tortured by the flames, and who the flames have no effect on.

Art:
WIP

Last bumped by Penultima on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:36 pm.
Art by rottingseams on dA

Pretty much on an indefinite hiatus. Will only check back from time to time when school and work commitments allow it.

My dA | TSC | Commissions: OPEN

" Truely, it is in loss that we learn a thing's true value "
~Jacqueline Carey
Sentoki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me