Based on Click to view
Artist Aizui [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Back to October? Kimamara #67

Postby Aizui » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:55 pm

What is a Kiamara?

A Kiamara is a canine-like creature, but they have long, rather soft fur, and an almost dragon-like tail. They are born with no horns, but a few who grow to have longer horns are born with tiny stubs on their heads. Kiamara can be extremely shy, and females can often be a bit grumpy. Don't worry– once you win their hearts, they will never stop loving you. Male Kiamara can be very quiet, but they love attention. Of course females do too, but the males thrive off of your love. They love to be praised.

Ikaaaaaaaaa wrote:I'm so in love with this boy <3

Username: Ikaaaaaaaaa.
    Name of Kiamara: Pella.
    Gender of Kiamara: Male.
    Story:

I hadn't really thought about death.

Sure, it was something I was aware of, and something I'd been taught to avoid in all circumstances; but when you have somebody to shout the bias for you, you find things like this slip out of your mind.

I'd never really thought about death.

x.x.x.x

It was a quiet evening. Only the occasional bird singing pierced the stormy sky, and silence had settled heavy in the spaces far and between. I’d found a gnarled oak tree, I remember, and had proudly curled up high in its branches, watching the dark clouds and listening to the tempestuous winds blowing at the leaves around me. I felt safe with the sweet scent of earth wrapped around me like a blanket. Fully content to watch the storm unfold, it was with anticipation that I saw the first pattering raindrops fall from above me. They steadily grew in volume, until a downpour worthy of the apocalypse was drenching the land, even dripping down on me in my tree.

If I had been tired before, I was wide awake now, the rain enveloping my consciousness and raising my hackles in the tension of the storm. My tree shivered beneath me, leaves whipping back and forth in the fury of the wind.
    It was right in front of me, yet I couldn’t see what was about to happen.

Never stand under a tree in a storm, Pella. Never.

What was I doing? The memory of my mother’s voice shook me to the core, but I was frozen in place. My paws felt like lead, and with horror I found myself stuck to the branch I was sitting on; watching the earth shattering storm devastate everything around me. The wind howled and roared, snagging at my fur and screaming in my ears.

Then it happened.

A flash of white light- blinding and consuming- that obliterated the landscape around me so all I could see was icy fire. A deafening bellow, a deep groan from underneath me, and crackling static whirled in a sick cacophony that blasted through my entire being; and I was suddenly falling.

The thick scent of smoke burnt my lungs, and I hit the ground with a thunderous crash that stole the breath from my chest. My body contorted with the power of the strike, and I gasped desperately; trying to breathe through the splitting agony I could feel rising inside me. Leaves and ash rained down on me from above, glowing with embers and fire, dotting the ground around my broken body in bursts of heat.

I blearily opened one eye. My tree was blackened and torn into splinters, the remaining branches bright with raging fire in the night. The lightning had passed, and even the rain seemed to halt somewhat, but it was all too much. My vision frayed, and blackness took hold of me.

x.x.x.x

I had no idea how long I lay there for.

But when I woke, I was left with a painful reminder of the power that nature holds, and the proximity of death to the living.
    So I leave with some advice for you:

Do not be blind to death. It is always there, always waiting. Do not fear it, but respect it.

And never, ever settle in a tree during a storm.

Last edited by Aizui on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aizui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Back to October? Kimamara #67

Postby albinoBroccoli » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 am

Guh, I am in love. ouo

charactersdatumblrask.fm