Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Arctic Kilid: Primitive Bay Frame Overo

Postby RPFLightMyFire » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 am

Owner: Colorpaw<3
Name: Titan of the Storm
Height: 20 hh
Story: 1,030 words.

White flurries were flying around, tossing in the harsh winter air and thrashing up against Titan’s side. His vision was blinded by the white and the fur that lay across his back was wet and cold… everything was wet and cold. He couldn’t hear a single sound but the roaring of the wind echoing over and over again in his ears. Energy drained from within and he lied down against the cold blanket on the ground. This was madness, no one would ever find him. Titan would just be sitting there, alone in the dark. Night would eventually pass and he would be frozen by then.

He couldn’t let it end like this. If he was going to die, he had to die trying. He barreled up from the ground and ran as fast as he could, the air blasting him back. His green eyes were stretched open, focused ahead, at the sheet of white. Titan reared up into the air and then galloped into the storm.

Hickory had seen everything. That was his own little son, running into the heart of a storm at full steam. From that moment on, his overo-colored son was known as Titan. Titan of the Storm.

Titan and his father ended up making it… his mother and little sister didn’t end up coming through the blizzard alive. His father and he kept on traveling though, leaving the limp bodies for whoever could find them. As passed on from their ancestors, they learned to let go and move on. They weren’t typical Artic Kilids, they didn’t even belong to the pack yet.

“Son, please listen to me.” Titan stopped abruptly and looked up at his father’s old, gray eyes. “I can’t go any farther. You’re going to have to leave without me.”

This news shocked Titan. He couldn’t just let go of his father too. Hickory had been there with him for everything. They were father and son, how could he just leave him in the dust? “Let’s just rest for now.” He said and lied down on the cold ground, though luckily, snow no longer covered his sight of the Canadian grass.

“Titan.” His father said sternly, expecting his son to get right back up and leave.

“We already left mother and Stripes; I am not leaving you to! I won’t make it without you!” he yelled, getting up to his feet to look his father in the eye. Time had treated him well, unlike his father. Titan was getting stronger and taller each day, while Hickory seemed to be doing the opposite. His body was frail and weak, he didn’t have the same look in his eye. He never wanted his son to have to leave him on a journey, but it was time. He was getting to his end.

“I’d rather die here peacefully then die continuing on in pain.” Hickory murmured, turning his head away from his son. It was too sad to look Titan anymore.

“Die?! Who said anything about dying? You’re just feeling bad, as I said, let’s rest. It was a good day, and we can sleep right here. Just lay down, I’ll hunt for us in the morning.” The stars were just peeking through the dark, night clouds and the moon was crawling its way up to the middle of the sky. A cool breeze fell among them as they lied down against the forest floor. Night shadows lied down with them, and Hickory closed his eyes… for the last time.

Titan woke up the morning, feeling a little groggy, but ready to start the day. He stretched up and leaned down to nuzzle his father. “Wake up dad, we got a long road ahead of us.” He wasn’t sure where they were going, hopefully something would guide them to the right place. When Hickory didn’t answer, Titan nuzzled him again, his hope falling quickly. “Father!” he yelled, stepping back. “This isn’t funny!” he shouted, his eyes growing bigger and bigger. “Please… answer…” he whispered and kicked his father’s back gently. “HICKORY!” That was the first time he ever used his father’s name, and the last. Titan had to accept that he was dead. He collapsed to his father’s side, shaking his head back and forth. “Daddy, please! You can’t be dead! We were going to our paradise! It was going to be okay!”

His heart was in smithereens and his mind was racing. What would he do without his loving father by his side to guide him, to show him what’s right and what’s wrong? He didn’t have a mother or a sister… and now his father was gone too. He didn’t have any friends, no one with him. “I love you.” was the last thing he said before he turned around and continued on walking. He had to let it go, he had to push it away. His dad was with his mother and sister now, and not in pain. It was better this way. Titan still had that feeling of loneliness though and he wouldn’t shake it off for a while. He was now an orphan with not even one friend to comfort him.

Days turned into months which turned into years at a slow pace. He followed the same daily schedule every day. Walk, eat, sleep. Life were boring to him and all willpower to live was lost in a never ending pit of despair. Sadness took over him to the point that he was hardly eating, just walking on a white blanket that lead into the horizon.

Eventually, after two years of wandering aimlessly, he saw some sense of life in the artic. Big coats of animals that looked like horses blundering around obviously set on a task. They even looked a little like him with big, fluffy, spotted coats. He had to push himself out of his shell and go talk to them; this was his only second chance. He picked up a trot, his little nub of a tail wavering back and forth. “Excuse me?” he called and stopped in his tracks. All eyes were focused on him… and that was when he realized that he was home. His paradise.
Last edited by RPFLightMyFire on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
i used to have a neat signature just like i used to think i had my life put together lol
RPFLightMyFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arctic Kilid: Primitive Bay Frame Overo

Postby Chandra Nalaar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 am

Owner: The Janitor
Name: Chugiak
Story: The snow swirled around Chugiak as he cautiously made it across the thin ice. He continued his slow but steady pace across as the ice threatened to break at each step. A growl caused Chugiak to pause for a minute and making the ice crack under his weight. Chugiak snorted and ran across the ice, not caring where his feet may land. Suddenly the ice collapsed underneath Chugiak, causing him to fall in. He kicked his legs and tried to keep his head above the icy water. He swam towards the nearest patch of ice and he carefully put his front feet on it. He carefully pulled himself up, the ice cracking under his weight. Right before he was out, the ice gave way and caused Chugiak to fall back into the icy waters. (WIP)
Last edited by Chandra Nalaar on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chandra Nalaar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colorpaw<3 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Owner: Colorpaw<3

White flurries were flying around, tossing in the harsh winter air and thrashing up against Titan’s side. His vision was blinded by the white and the fur that lay across his back was wet and cold… everything was wet and cold. He couldn’t hear a single sound but the roaring of the wind echoing over and over again in his ears. Energy drained from within and he lied down against the cold blanket on the ground. This was madness, no one would ever find him. Titan would just be sitting there, alone in the dark. Night would eventually pass and he would be frozen by then.

He couldn’t let it end like this. If he was going to die, he had to die trying. He barreled up from the ground and ran as fast as he could, the air blasting him back. His green eyes were stretched open, focused ahead, at the sheet of white. Titan reared up into the air and then galloped into the storm.

Hickory had seen everything. That was his own little son, running into the heart of a storm at full steam. From that moment on, his overo-colored son was known as Titan. Titan of the Storm.

Titan and his father ended up making it… his mother and little sister didn’t end up coming through the blizzard alive. His father and he kept on traveling though, leaving the limp bodies for whoever could find them. As passed on from their ancestors, they learned to let go and move on. They weren’t typical Artic Kilids, they didn’t even belong to the pack yet.

“Son, please listen to me.” Titan stopped abruptly and looked up at his father’s old, gray eyes. “I can’t go any farther. You’re going to have to leave without me.”

This news shocked Titan. He couldn’t just let go of his father too. Hickory had been there with him for everything. They were father and son, how could he just leave him in the dust? “Let’s just rest for now.” He said and lied down on the cold ground, though luckily, snow no longer covered his sight of the Canadian grass.

“Titan.” His father said sternly, expecting his son to get right back up and leave.

“We already left mother and Stripes; I am not leaving you to! I won’t make it without you!” he yelled, getting up to his feet to look his father in the eye. Time had treated him well, unlike his father. Titan was getting stronger and taller each day, while Hickory seemed to be doing the opposite. His body was frail and weak, he didn’t have the same look in his eye. He never wanted his son to have to leave him on a journey, but it was time. He was getting to his end.

“I’d rather die here peacefully then die continuing on in pain.” Hickory murmured, turning his head away from his son. It was too sad to look Titan anymore.

“Die?! Who said anything about dying? You’re just feeling bad, as I said, let’s rest. It was a good day, and we can sleep right here. Just lay down, I’ll hunt for us in the morning.” The stars were just peeking through the dark, night clouds and the moon was crawling its way up to the middle of the sky. A cool breeze fell among them as they lied down against the forest floor. Night shadows lied down with them, and Hickory closed his eyes… for the last time.

Titan woke up the morning, feeling a little groggy, but ready to start the day. He stretched up and leaned down to nuzzle his father. “Wake up dad, we got a long road ahead of us.” He wasn’t sure where they were going, hopefully something would guide them to the right place. When Hickory didn’t answer, Titan nuzzled him again, his hope falling quickly. “Father!” he yelled, stepping back. “This isn’t funny!” he shouted, his eyes growing bigger and bigger. “Please… answer…” he whispered and kicked his father’s back gently. “HICKORY!” That was the first time he ever used his father’s name, and the last. Titan had to accept that he was dead. He collapsed to his father’s side, shaking his head back and forth. “Daddy, please! You can’t be dead! We were going to our paradise! It was going to be okay!”

His heart was in smithereens and his mind was racing. What would he do without his loving father by his side to guide him, to show him what’s right and what’s wrong? He didn’t have a mother or a sister… and now his father was gone too. He didn’t have any friends, no one with him. “I love you.” was the last thing he said before he turned around and continued on walking. He had to let it go, he had to push it away. His dad was with his mother and sister now, and not in pain. It was better this way. Titan still had that feeling of loneliness though and he wouldn’t shake it off for a while. He was now an orphan with not even one friend to comfort him.

Days turned into months which turned into years at a slow pace. He followed the same daily schedule every day. Walk, eat, sleep. Life were boring to him and all willpower to live was lost in a never ending pit of despair. Sadness took over him to the point that he was hardly eating, just walking on a white blanket that lead into the horizon.

Eventually, after two years of wandering aimlessly, he saw some sense of life in the artic. Big coats of animals that looked like horses blundering around obviously set on a task. They even looked a little like him with big, fluffy, spotted coats. He had to push himself out of his shell and go talk to them; this was his only second chance. He picked up a trot, his little nub of a tail wavering back and forth. “Excuse me?” he called and stopped in his tracks. All eyes were focused on him… and that was when he realized that he was home. His paradise.
. C . o . l . o . r . p . a . w .

❅❅❅❅
Colorpaw<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShamrockPonyLover » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Owner: missatopia
Name: Madera (Wood in spanish. I picked it because of his woody brown colour)
Story:

Madera's Journey

One day in the middle of a white out, a young artic kilid mare dilivered a primitive bay frame overo coloured foal. She decided to name him Madera, meaning wood. Madera Grew into a healthy colt and from the beginning he was very curious and stouborn. One day while nibbling on reindeer lichen, Madera saw an artic fox in the distance. Being the curious colt he was, he decided to sneek away from his mother to go investigate. Madera waited intill his mother was turned around and then galloped toward the fox. Suddenly a snow storm whipped up and Madera got so disorentated he had to stop. Soon the harsh winds and prickling snow was just to much for the colt, and without his mother to cuddle up to the colt colapsed into the snow.

When Madera woke up he had to shake off a think layer of snow that had built up on him. Lucky for Madera his fluffy, thick kilid coat had kept him alive during the storm. Madera galloped back in the direction he had come the day before. To Madera's surprize when he got back his herd was gone and he was all alone. Madera whinned but heard no reply. Madera did not know what to do. Without his mother he would freeze to death and since he still did not have his horn yet he was vanerable to predators. Madera decided to keep moving, and trying to find his herd.

Madera wandered and wandered and before he knew it he had grown into a large strong stallion. Oneday while wandering Madera came across a lone mare. He quickly introduced himself and asked the mare where her herd was. She told him that she did not have a herd and Madera decided to form a herd with her. Madera and the mare formed a strong herd that wandered the thundra for many years.

Then one day, in the middle of a white out, Madera's mare dilivered a foal. The foal quickly grew into a healthy colt who was very curious and stouborn...
ShamrockPonyLover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warmblxxd » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:48 am

Owner: pupstar200
Name: Scarlett
Story: Scarlett was in the middle of a snow storm and had to find was walking across to Find THe Ice was Cracking! HE tried to walk slowly so it wouldn't break but that wasn't enough. The Cracking Just Got Larger. HE started Galloping and Almost Slipped Into The Ice! I had Finally Gotten to Land When An eElephant Seal Came Up Challenged Him. He Charged Up and Stabbed the Seal. THen He walked around the land until he found a nice icy hill to rest on. He watched the land and saw And Saw The Seals And Penguins jump in the water. Scarlett Loved to just stand and watch The Land. He Felt very relaxed after that long day. The End :)
I like horses & all so yeah
Luke and danny <-- My horses
i used to be pupstar200
my ig is the same as my user (;
warmblxxd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tarra » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Owner: Tarra
Name: Cirden
Story:
The distant rumble of wind made Cirden raise his head, his jaws moving languidly as he chewed the mouthful of lichen taken off the stretch of it found by the herd earlier that day. It was a sizeable patch, providing good fodder for the oft-hungry herd, and they had spent the majority of the day in peaceful grazing, one member of the herd keeping a watch at all times even as the rest sated themselves on the greenish stuff. They might not find lichen in such abundance again anytime soon, and every member of the herd was making the best of the find.

For the moment however, it was the growing wind that was taking Cirden's attention, pricking both his ears toward it as he distended his nostrils to take in its feel. He was no youngster but a stallion in his prime, and living on the harsh frozen wastes had taught him its moods as surely as the years went by. He knew well its signs, as any adult kilid would, and half-turned now to whicker in the tundra silence to his herd. One by one they raised their heads as well, turning to gaze toward the rising roar of the wind. Then quietly, coolly almost, the entire herd gathered: young and old in the middle, the able-bodied and strong on the outskirts. As one they became a great huddled mass on the snow, crowded together with heads bowed into one another's pelts as they took care not to accidentally stab each other with their horns. All faced inwards, protecting their delicate eyes and noses, with their hindquarters presented outward to the wind.

Not a moment too soon too. The gale blew up with a mighty roar and all turned white. Manes and bobbed tails and the thick fur of their coats flared and flowed with the rushing wind, whipping in loose strands wherever longer hairs happened to stand out from the mass of huddled beasts. The scream of the wind was deafening; ears lay flattened against its banshee screech or pressed into a companion's pelt against its painful pitch. By and large the herd stood firm, though here and there a frightened youngster stamped a foot, or an adult on the fringes shook a hoof to loosen off snow that the wind that flattened against it. Long minutes rolled by as the white-out continued at a feverish rate all around them.

Then, as quickly as it had come, it was gone. The wind died into a murmuring breeze, stroking their furs as it shrank away after the storm rapidly passing away to the east. Cirden raised his head from where he had pushed it against another younger stallion's side, careful as ever not to accidentally stab his companions as he watched the white-out receding away into the distance. He whickered again, breath frosting on the frozen air, then released a full-throated whinny. Gradually, and a tad gingerly, the herd began to disentangle itself, spreading out onto the tundra once more. The storm had largely covered the lichen they were feeding on, but they were patient where food was concerned; they would eventually dig it out again.

(528 words)
Tarra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RPFLightMyFire » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 am

Colorpaw<3 wrote:Owner: Colorpaw<3

Congrats
i used to have a neat signature just like i used to think i had my life put together lol
RPFLightMyFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colorpaw<3 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 am

Thank you so, so, so much! You and Cougar did a great job creating this species!
. C . o . l . o . r . p . a . w .

❅❅❅❅
Colorpaw<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me