Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 26
71 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ancient Of Pestilence

Postby Benathorn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

"Ƭнɛ Ƨтσяʏ σғ тнɛ Ƨʋммσиɛя σғ Ƥɛƨтιℓɛиcɛ"

The old legends of our ancestors speak of the Ancients as great beasts who are the embodiment of power. No one really knows how these dragons came to be. Some say they are the result of a Rune Dragon reaching it's peak of the magic it holds within itself. Others say they are pure magic manifested into dragon form. I believe them to simply be what they are. Ancients ,and nothing more, though terrifying indeed. Where their existence came from is unimportant to these creatures. What really matters to them is their desire to obtain a Summoner to create a pact with and share in their powers. However, some pacts are cursed while others are a blessing. The Ancient of Pestilence is one such cursed pact, and he requires a great price in order to call upon his true name and take his power for your own. I am sure you have guessed by now that the Ancient of Pestilence is one of the Four Dragons to bring about the End of Days. Where as it's brother Death shows mercy upon the mortals and spends it's time in the final hours of every human, Pestilence shows no such care like his sibling.

You are the forgotten. You feel no connection with others of your kind as they shout you down and curse upon your name. You are believed to be "diseased" when indeed you are perfectly normal. Yet, everyone treats you as if you carried the plague. They avoid you, avert their gazes, and whisper silently to their companions to stay away. You are alone and hardened to their words. Resolved to being an outcast and knowing that not caring for another means nothing can tie you down. You endure where others are too weak to prevail. Living on the streets or alone, you have worked hard to be one with the shadows, and in this hard life have learned how the world works. Every day is a struggle to survive and with each day you live, is another victory at life itself. However, on this day, something happens that you were not expecting. You were acknowledged by another human being, a young woman clad in a green hood and accompanied by a silver haired man, speaks to you as you try to figure out why? She pulls back her hood to reveal bright green eyes and a kind face. You hesitate, does she want something from you? Is she going to hurt you? But no, she simply smiles remorsefully and hands you a deep green emerald that is almost as black as night. Dark flecks dot the stone at it's center and seem to be...moving? You look up to question the young woman as she gives you yet another kind smile. It unnerves you to be given such attention when no one ever gave you a second glance before, but she proceeds to tell you to follow the stone's calling and that your future will soon be changed forever.

You do not know what to make of this as the woman and man slowly turn away and leave you holding what seems to be a priceless gem. Why follow a gem when you could just sell it? But then, the stone begins to hum violently and burns your skin as if to punish you for daring to make such a thought. You can not resist it's calling, no matter how hard you try to forget. With each passing day the urge to answer has become overwhelming, and you are forced to follow it's call. You travel endlessly away from the city streets that you grew up in. The wide open world scares you but it is just one more thing that you resolve yourself to concur. The stone seems to lead you to a misty forest, the trees are bare and grey, as all sound of life are nonexistent. You truly become frightened of this as you clutch the only familiar thing close to you. The mist is so strong that it blocks out the sun and you are left in darkness, your heart is the only sound that stirs. Finally you relent and slump to the ground as the stone burns brightly once more and you fear that you have been sent to your death. The mist thickens and you hear faint footsteps echo all around you. Looking about wildly you stand up, ready to face whatever foe that comes, but are stunned to see glowing eyes pierce through the fog and reveal a form only spoken of in legends.

"Do not look so surprised human. I was the one who summoned you here..." Your mouth has run dry as you just stare at the sleek form of an Ancient before you. It's lean body boasts strength and a hidden speed that could easily overtake you, yet it stands tall and imposing. "Your a dragon! W-why have you called me here. I am a nobody to you, or anyone for that matter." You want to run but find that your legs are firmly bound by some unseen force and can only stare at the Ancient as his wispy voice speaks. "A nobody you say?" The dragon chuckles to himself as he slowly brings his skull masked face towards you. "My dear sweet child, that is why I have called you here. You are one of the forgotten ones, someone who is never spoken to but sees all, hears all, and knows how to endure life's hardships. I am the Ancient of Pestilence! I bring disease and misery upon those who are too weak to live, while my brother Death leads them to the afterlife. I am one of the Four who summons the End of Days, yet I have no summoner to call my own. That, my dear, is why you are here." You feel very uneasy as the dragon whispers to you as if you were some sort of prize to be had. Yet, you feel a longing, the attention he gives you and his words are so true that you feel yourself nodding in agreement to what he says. "I am not like some of the other Ancients. My pact requires a price in return for what I can offer you..." You narrow your eyes and peer at this dragon "And what is the price to be your summoner?" You ask apprehensively. His eyes seem to light up at what appears to be a smile, "You will belong to me and will come when I call. Unlike the other Ancients, I am the one who will summon you, and you will be mine. In return I can give you the power to call upon the hoards. Simply utter my true name and the rats will feast upon your enemies, Fly's will overwhelm those who ignore you, and the locust will devour the crops of the lands who invoke our wrath. We will give those unworthy of life a slow and painful death, but it is what they deserve if they can not endure like you and I, correct?"

You look to him with a deep stare as he awaits your answer. Would you really be the one to deal out the necessity of disease so that others who overcome it grow strong? You would indeed, though the methods may be cruel, disease is needed to weed out the week and ensure those that endure it's wrath live on to pass on their endurance so that their young may live strong. Like Death, pestilence is needed just as much as anything else. It is a part of our world and we grow stronger by concurring it's sickness, or at least this is what you believe to be so. You utter the Ancients name as if you had known it all your life, and his eyes gleam happily as the pact is made. "You will no longer become afflicted with death or disease. Time will stand still for you as your bounds to mortality are cut. You are mine and we are the same. Together we will do what is necessary, even though others may think it to be abhorrent. You will no longer be ignored, but feared! And your life will change forever..."

Thorn's Writings wrote:
Journal Entry #27

-Study Notes-

~Summoning Stone of Pestilence- Rune Stone is a large clear emerald with a mark in it's center and what appears to be moving black flecks floating within it.
~This Ancient is not for the faint of heart. He only desires a Summoner for his own personal gain and offers a cursed pact. In return for his power the Summoner must forfeit their mortality, this is a curse for any mortal creature that was never meant to live on endlessly as the Ancient will use you as a channel for his power. You will gain the ability to summon the hoards at your command but do not summon Pestilence lightly. He is not one of the lowly rats you can just call and will only come if he deems it necessary or perhaps entertaining.
~The Ancient Rune has many names; Famine, Pestilence, Bane, Venom, Taint, Corruption, etc...What its "true" name is, however, can only be known by it's summoner...
~This Ancient is one of the four apocalyptic dragons who bring about the end of days in Eldemore. He is kin to Death which has already been summoned, as well as War and Conquest. Where his last two siblings are however, have yet to be known, but rest assured they do not carry blessed pacts for those who can call their names...
~Another important trait about this dragon is that even in his human form he has never been seen without his skull mask. Some say he has no face, while others say it is too horrifying to look upon, only his Summoner may be allowed to look upon this Ancients face but even then he will require a price for you to do so. His human form is far from revolting though, he is tall and very lean with attractive features. His voice is what truly draws you in. It is smooth and young with a deep husk to it as he speaks behind his mask. Pestilence is very good with persuasion and his voice only adds to this effect when speaking with those of the opposite sex.
Last edited by Benathorn on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient Of Pestilence

Postby Benathorn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:Summoner's Name:.
Azure23
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Mephistopheles (Scourge)
.:Gender:.
Male

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:59 am, edited 33 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Ooo cant wait to see, sadly I don't have enough to make a bid for any of the ancients this go around..still working on getting pets to be able to bid.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadeslayer243 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Can't wait for it to open :) I probably won't be able to bid D: But that doesn't mean I can't stalk :3
Shadeslayer243

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Ohh I can't wait to see it! I proubly won't have enough pets to bet though
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ancient of Pestilence

Postby rae sanders » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:44 am

.:Summoner's Name:.
{.:Thoroughbred:.
Call me Sky though}

.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
{Lekil}
It means Disease in dragon

.:Gender:.
Male
.:Bid:.
{ http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... d=18955123 }
.:Other:.
{Writing story and poem, and maybe making art}
.: Poem :.
Death
By .:Thoroughbred:.

Death,
A horid thing
It rushes in
And takes away the life
Death,
The way others are born
When one dies
Another is born
Death,
A mean thing
Makes you cry
Makes you wail
Makes you sad
Death,
Without it,
There would be to many
So really,
Death,
Is the good way to live on...

Pestilence
By .:Thoroughbred:.
The thing that spreads
The thing that kills
The fatal disease
Pestilence,
The way one dies
The end of your life
The way mortals leave
Heaven or Hell you may go
All cause of this,
Pestilence...

If my second one is to deep, I can delete it.

.: Story :.
I ventured through the woods with my friend. He had told me there was a cave that I should explore. So I took up the offer and went with him. He had told me the I should go alone, so, I did.
As I climbed over a few rocks and almost slipped. I hear a screech and duck as the small bat runes fly over my head. I grumbled and hear my friend calling to check up on me. I called back and walk on.
I sling my backpack over my shoulder to get my flashlight out. As I find it, I hear a grunt. I look up and see him. My eyes widden, my face hardens.
He speaks 'Human, you have finally come...' I remember him, he looked like an Ancient in my dreams. He smirked and stood up. The glowing on his paws light the darkness around us, I blink once more.
My mouth runs dry, my head hurted, I was confused and scared. 'You are Lekil... The Ancient of Death. '
'Pestilence.' He corrected. 'Ancient of Pestilence.' He walks towards me, 'And you are Sky.'
I nod once. I wonder what he wanted with me. His voice was drawing me to him. He speaks again. 'Human, make a pact with me.' I blink once.
'What kind of Pact?' I ask. I see his white teeth shown and I shiver.
'A pact to be bounded until your death.' He answers.
The way he answered sent shivers and goosebumps down my back. I nod at his answer as a yes. As I nodded, my vision blacked and I open my eyes again and he is again.
I decide that I should go back. I walked like a leader when I went back. As I climb out, my friend asked me how it was. I gave him thumbs up and we headed back.
We stop in a cottage and I over hear some old guys talking about Lekil.

.: Art :.

.: Story about Art:.
Last edited by rae sanders on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

I make character sheets here (next two are free) can also make signatures at same place
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlayx » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm

My spot shall go here ^^

Can't wait to see it, though. Ancient of Pestilence? As in:

1. A deadly or virulent epidemic disease.
2. The Bubonic Plague.
3. Something that is considered harmful, destructive, or evil.
don't check CS all that often, find me on discord parlayx #9373
check out my lineart comp?
parlayx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Will try~ (:

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Please do not post bids or forms till this Ancient's release.
Thank you! ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me