Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Baby Renegade Rune

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Pyrrhos

Owner: Tundra
Type: Baby Renegade Rune

Congratulations, it's a Boy!

Ok what did you expect to come from a Paragade Rune? You had to know it was either going to be a renegade or paragon that popped up. Anyway, this strong willed boy is the offspring of Niquenaro + Adrian. This rune cares little for the well being of others and would not hesitate to sacrifice the hundreds if it were to save thousands. His actions are straight and to the point, if you can't keep up with him then you will be left behind and considered too weak for the job. The Renegade rune will never go out of it's way to save a few of it's own kind, but none can deny that it's unshakable will always gets the job done and done right, no matter the cost. For this rune, the ends always justifies the means and he will take down anyone who gets in his way. He is confidant, dominate, and crude in his methods, but will only accept those who are strong and unyielding. Even at his young age he bears scars from fighting with runes twice his size and he makes sure to wear them proudly. Though his methods are not to be desired, this rune would die rather than admitting defeat and will often take brazen chances to ensure his success.

Last edited by Benathorn on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Baby Renegade Rune

Postby Horneddragon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Owner Name:
Horneddragon

The Rune Bearer:
Bearer's Name:
Deyon
Bearer's age:
26 years
Bearer's Gender:
Female
Other Runes:
Loki - Male - Hatchling

Name:
Ryker
Dutch origin,
means both; "strong power" and "to become rich"

Physical info:
Size:
2ft tall at the shoulder,
16in/40.64cm around (excluding wings)
Wingspan:
3ft from wingtip to wingtip
Ride-able?
Conclusion - No.
Size comparison:
Young king penguin (or) Medium dog

Personality:
Benathorn wrote:This rune cares little for the well being of others and would not hesitate to sacrifice the hundreds if it were to save thousands. His actions are straight and to the point, if you can't keep up with him then you will be left behind and considered too weak for the job. The Renegade rune will never go out of it's way to save a few of it's own kind, but none can deny that it's unshakable will always gets the job done and done right, no matter the cost. For this rune, the ends always justifies the means and he will take down anyone who gets in his way. He is confidant, dominate, and crude in his methods, but will only accept those who are strong and unyielding. Even at his young age he bears scars from fighting with runes twice his size and he makes sure to wear them proudly. Though his methods are not to be desired, this rune would die rather than admitting defeat and will often take brazen chances to ensure his success.

Ryker is a young rune born with a strong will, but cold heart. He is not one to work in groups, or with others. Seeing as he will sacrifice any and all of his allies if they prove incapable of completing his goals or missions. He is a relatively quiet rune, rarely making a sound as he moves through life.

Strong willed:
He will not back down

Righteous :
He knows when he's right

Trustworthy
Some one you'd WANT to have at your back

Sprited:
Youthful and full of life

Why do you wish to have him/her:
In all honestly, He is one of those runes i fell in love with on first sight. I know i had no rights to the offspring of runes that are not mine but i found myself wanting this little baby as soon as i laid eyes on him. As soon as Commander Shepard stated that they were going to allow the baby that should have been theirs to up for adoption, I can sincerely say that i WANTED TheHorseWhisperer to choose the other. Granted they were both very very stunning offspring, This little boy just spoke to me. His looks and personality go together so well he is a very complex and believable character. I want to develop him and play around with him, maybe one day grow him into an adult Rune and develop him further.

Where will you keep him/her:
I will put him in my character thread, and he will one day be featured in my sig. I also want too bring him into the RP, I think he would fit along very well with Loki and Deyon. Not to mention if i am given the honor of calling him my own, I want to develope him further than the little blurb here on his page.

Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
Currently, since he is a young hatchling I do not want to breed him. Though in time, and if i have grown him, I may be open to suggestions for breeding.

Any Quirks:

* He and Loki, the imp rune, are always at ends. Though Loki is Deyon's bonded rune, Ryker feels a strong connection to her and secretly wants to one up Loki and become Deyon's Rune himself. This he knows is not possible, but he holds on to that tiny strand of hope that one day he could be Deyon's rune.

* He will never back down to a challenge, no matter whom his opponent happens to be he would take on an elephant sized rune just to prove his 'stuff'

Other:
The First Encounter

Deyon's feet thudded hard on the forest floor as she fled the area, for her life. The only sounds she could hear were the thundering of her heart, the hiss of her breath through gritted teeth, and she steady crunch of the dead leaves below her feet. She let out a yelp as something heavy and hard slammed into her back, knocking the wind out of her lungs and forcing her to the ground. Eyes wide she frantically clawed away from the object that had assaulted her. Forcing her body against the nearest tree she peaked her head around its knobby side and glanced quickly back the way she had come. Her eyes focused momentarily on the branch that had fallen from the canopy above her, it had to have been what hit her. Gasping she let out a breath she had not know she was holding. Something hot and heavy rolled down her cheeks, it took only a second for her to realize she was crying. In her mind she cursed the steady crunch of the dead leaves under her feet, she cursed the monsters known as cutters, but most of all she cursed her own weakness.

Deyon woke with a start, a gasp tore its way from her mouth as a pale face, its eyes sunken in and its mouth open in a last howl of pain. She new the face all to well she had woken up next to the owner every day for the last six months, but that was before he became something less than human, her mind corrected her, before I .... Deyon sniffed unable to complete the thought

Serious WIp <3

Last edited by Horneddragon on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm glad to see he's up for adoption :) In case you hadn't seen on the main thread, I'm doing the judging for forms on him. There's not much else different, but I would like people to know that I would highly value a story being written for him! I also like to see people sticking to the personality laid out, and the theme. The thing it's based on, as you might guess, is the 'Renegade' path in Mass Effect. Renegades are the ruthless sorts who can and will do anything to achieve their ends, even if it means lying, cheating, stealing, even killing anyone who gets in the way. They get results, but often make as many enemies as they do friends.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Bump :)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurealis » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Screen shot 2012-06-23 at 5.20.08 PM.png
MAGNAR
Screen shot 2012-06-23 at 5.20.08 PM.png (419.16 KiB) Viewed 634 times

Owner Name:
tiki11

Name:
Magnar Ignatius Jaser (said Jay-ser)
Magnar means Warrior Strength in Polish. I liked this name because Magnar is really a warrior in spirit, always doing what will be of benefit the most amount of people. Jaser means Fearless in Arabic and Ignatius means the Fiery One in English. This is a powerful name combination because it literally means Strong Fiery Fearless Warrior. That's just who he is, and who he will be in the long run.

renegade |ˈreniˌgād|
noun
a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.

Personality:
This rune cares little for the well being of others and would not hesitate to sacrifice the hundreds if it were to save thousands. His actions are straight and to the point, if you can't keep up with him then you will be left behind and considered too weak for the job. The Renegade rune will never go out of it's way to save a few of it's own kind, but none can deny that it's unshakable will always gets the job done and done right, no matter the cost. For this rune, the ends always justifies the means and he will take down anyone who gets in his way. He is confidant, dominate, and crude in his methods, but will only accept those who are strong and unyielding. Even at his young age he bears scars from fighting with runes twice his size and he makes sure to wear them proudly. Though his methods are not to be desired, this rune would die rather than admitting defeat and will often take brazen chances to ensure his success.

In essence, he is independent, strong willed, fiery and mentally and physically strong. On the outside, he has military like drive, he likes rules (he also seems to enjoy breaking them, moral laws and what he has been told), and believes that the true laws of the world are black and white, guilty or innocent. In his view there is no middle ground, no gray areas when it comes to true justice and honor. He will never back down from a fight, never admitting to defeat or error. Even as an infant, he is a fighter, willing to sacrifice himself to a worthy cause. If the cause is not worthy though, he will not fight, a main aspect of why he is in fact a Renegade. He has a quick temper, from which he draws his strengths, and in some cases, his weakness’s (though he would never admit that he has any weakness’s himself). In his eyes, he is a visionary, working towards the greater good, no matter what has to paid. One day, he will be a great warrior, a General fighting for HIS cause, maybe even in the near future…

Why do you wish to have him:
I have a darker taste when it comes to certain things, I have loved the adorable “fluffy” and cute runes that have been made before, and they also appeal to me, but they only portray one side of me. I have always been intrigued by power, and have often contemplated myself what true justice truly is. Should we kill criminals that have killed others, or is that inhumane? Is the death penalty too kind, or too harsh? Magnar seems to believe that you pay with your life depending on the betrayal. If you cannot stand with what is right, than you stand against it. This is a harsh view, and a lonely one. I unfortunately am leaving to go on vacation in a little while, and therefore will not be able to be able to bring him into the Rune Dragon RP, but eventually, should I win the honor of having him, I would definitely give it a shot! I've never participated in any RP, and I think that it would be really interesting to try it!
I have been contiunally working hard to add to my form, because, well, I really do love him. I can so easily imagin him, it's a little ridiculous! That's part of the reason why, unlike all my other past forms, I have been able to draw so much art for him, and come up with a story + poems. He has inspired me. I can't thank you enough for giving us all the opportunity to create these forms, if nothing else (if I do not win him) I have enjoyed having Magnar (or whichever name he may take) as my muse. I will not give up though on adding to my form until the last day, much like Magnar, I am persistant when it comes to the things that are important of me!

I would keep him in my siggy for all to see, most definitely make a character thread for this intriguing rune and write more of his adventures there as well. I’m not much of an artist, but for him, I would make an exception, and draw him, being a leader, winning a medal (the medal I’ve posted at the bottom of my form) and in the battlefield.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
I might, but only with some rune he admires, only with some rune with other worldly abilities (either mental, magical or physical) or some rune whose cold logic matches his. They would have to be equals; otherwise, they would never truly trust and be able to work with each other. Of course, because he is only a baby, I would first need to have him grown, before I would ever breed him.

Any Quirks:
Though he is strict and crude in his ways and methods (in truth a terrifyingly unsympathetic rune), it is not uncommon to see him watching the stars, as if pleading them for guidance. It reminds me that he is in fact an infant, a leader yes, but a young leader in truth.

This is Magnar looking up to the stars....

file:///Users/jamessanford/Desktop/EPSON001.JPG

Story:
(This most likely takes place in his future, when he is more grown up, no longer an infant)

Underneath the old oak tree, we sat in a dug out hollow, with roots for support and protection against the elements. The nine other runes in the small grove stared expectantly at me.
“What is the purpose of this meeting General Magnar? Why do you call us to this unpleasant place, could we not have met above ground?” queried Rashmir.
“Unless you want to be heard, by our enemies I would presume you understand why. If you find these quarters unpleasant Rashmir, please leave now.”
No rune moved.
“Good, then I can begin. Tonight it is our duty to go forth and take the Cure that our enemies have refused to allow us, for ourselves. They have refused to give us the Cure, and we must act tonight if we wish to save as many of our own people as we can. We will take the Cure as the enemy sleeps, to prevent unnecessary casualties,” stated Magnar calmly.
Every rune in the grove suddenly let out an audible gasp, shock and terror written plainly on their faces.
“Ma-may-maybe I didn’t hear you correctly General. You aren’t referring to the Morteone Fortress, are you?” whispered the quivering rune.
“The one and the same.” replied the General, “This is a non-optional mission, every rune presently in this room must participate.” commanded Magnar.
Muffled protests and cries of alarm rang out.
“No! You can’t make us!” shouted a young wide-eyed rune.
“If you refuse, the price will be your life, either you join us, or you die.”
“I refuse! I won’t do it! I WON’T DO IT! I WO-“
Magnar ran at the terrified rune, with raised talons, and pierced his heart, killing him instantly.
“Is anyone else interested in leaving us tonight?” Magnar said in a cold unfeeling voice. The remaining eight runes bowed their heads in submission.
“No General.” they replied in unison.
“Good.” nodded Magnar approvingly.
“Then you are worthy to join me. Come, we must be off at once.”
Hastily, every rune took off on route to Morteone.

Morteone is a kind of hollow; nests in the ground, with lots of partially dug out holes, but mostly winding grass paths with leaves and twigs that serve as a kind of barrier against harsh weather. At the entrance to the fortress stood a large black and silver guard rune with huge claws, who was watching the forest. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t watching the sky.
(this is a picture I made to give you an idea of what was happening)

file:///Users/jamessanford/Desktop/magnar%20killing%20guard1.jpg

In a flash Magnar swooped down from the sky and destroyed the unsuspecting guard, motioning his team to follow. They snuck by nurseries and sleeping runes, killing a few guards, but losing some of their own on the way. Magnar turned to his last 5 remaining troops.
“The Cure will be most likely located in the center of Morteone in their hospice. Let’s find it, then go through the back once we have the Cure.” he whispered.
As the group turned the corner Magnar started to feel eyes on the back of his head. For him, it was an unusual feeling, he wasn’t prey, he was a predator. Up to that point, the mission had gone relatively well, and they had only lost three troops. Despite this though, he felt a disturbing feeling of unease it was almost too easy… Lost in thought, Magnar did not notice the large shadow being cast onto the ground in front of him, made by many watching figures. A cry of surprise and shock went out from the rune to Magnar’s left, at the same time that he felt something sharp pierce his tail, pain shooting like a ripping dagger. Magnar whirled around to attack his offender, (whom he quickly dispatched of) when realized how completely surrounded they were, and that this was a trap. They were outnumbered two to one. With no way to win, Magnar fled, leaving his soldiers behind, and made a run for the hospice. The mission would not be complete until the Cure was found and safely brought back to those currently dying of the horrible disease at his home. Nine deaths to save hundreds more was a price he was willing to pay. In the center of the hospice, waited a glowing blue flower, the Cure. Ignoring the dying pleads of his troop, Magnar fled off into the night, taking the stolen flower with him.
“We will honor the dead tomorrow, and we will save the living today.” thought Magnar with a dark grim smile.

And so he did.

Poem:

The Eyes

victory is measured
by those who win
and,
those we save

bright eyes see it as something gained
trophy
or
prize

dim eyes recall
as memories
remembered
things kept
and
saved
victories

soulful eyes know
that victories lead us
down
our
end
path
as do losses

but

warrior eyes see
no
victory
greater
than
old
conquests
and
ones
not
yet
won

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We the UNDEFEATABLE

Physical scares forsake us
Mental burdens break us
Sympathy changes us
and
Heals us

Apathy hardens us
we
Bleed
Until we are
Numb

Evil embraces us
but
We choose
Our fate

Death defeats us
and
Makes us
Anew

We are
the path we take
the choices we make
and

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT US

Art:
I started to run out of space, and so now have to attach my files as links... sorry for the inconvenance.

When I saw his rune mark, I didn't immediately think of Mass Effect, I thought of armies, war weapons and ROCKETS! :twisted:

file:///Users/jamessanford/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202012-06-23%20at%205.21.02%20PM.png

This would be me (as the marred future owner of Magnar) and of course, Magnar himself. Chances are, owning such a powerful warrior rune would lead to many injuries, and scars. He would test me physically, continually seeing if I was worthy to be his partner, but I am ready to prove myself to him.

file:///Users/jamessanford/Desktop/Scarred%20Me%20and%20Magnar1.jpg
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-20 at 1.17.42 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-20 at 1.17.42 PM.png (128.62 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Last edited by Aurealis on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 am, edited 54 times in total.
Please feel free to call me Aure or Aurora.
Thank you Neelix and SplashofOrangeJuice for the lovely art of my JBD Summer and Pocketmouse for this art here!

My tablet is broken... D':
Aurealis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Reserved for my form. (:

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spark Platinum » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 am

Owner Name:
Agent Cali
Name:
Abbadon ( The name of the leader of the chaos space marines in warhammer, the name means destruction)
Nickname is Chaos

Personality:
This rune cares little for the well being of others and would not hesitate to sacrifice the hundreds if it were to save thousands. His actions are straight and to the point, if you can't keep up with him then you will be left behind and considered too weak for the job. The Renegade rune will never go out of it's way to save a few of it's own kind, but none can deny that it's unshakable will always gets the job done and done right, no matter the cost. For this rune, the ends always justifies the means and he will take down anyone who gets in his way. He is confidant, dominate, and crude in his methods, but will only accept those who are strong and unyielding. Even at his young age he bears scars from fighting with runes twice his size and he makes sure to wear them proudly. Though his methods are not to be desired, this rune would die rather than admitting defeat and will often take brazen chances to ensure his success.
Because i love his personality, he is a lovely shade of red, the word chaos immediatly sprung to my mind when i first looked at him and i love it when characters do this, i could instantley read his personality and ive always had a thing for characters with this personality, also i do not yet have a rune dragon, ive been looking for a perfect one and this really caught my eye
He would go in my signiture and on my charrie page, i will pay for art of him to put in my signiture too, he will become one of my main characters as ive always wanted a charrie like this, he would show the part of my personality that shows my sorta uncaring, evil side so he will fit in very well with the other charries
Yes, i would love to see his offspring, im sure it would look epic
Any Quirks:
Its very rare, but it is possible for him to get attached to certain people and other dragons, he will try not to show it, but once he gets attached to them, he will protect them as much as he can
Other:
liger.jpg
liger.jpg (86.17 KiB) Viewed 718 times

Last edited by Spark Platinum on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art Trades: Closed || Commissions: Open (Contact me offsite)|| Requests: Closed
Spark Platinum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bast » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Owner Name:
Bast
Name:
Outcome of Burden
(Burden)

Personality:
Burden can sometimes, well, be a burden to the others. He's very accident prone yet quite the curious. Sometimes, on a good day, he will wander off and be quite the adventurer, other times he will be quite the scared-cat. Burden usually is very timid and shy, hiding from strangers and other creatures. One thing he does love though is rabbit stew. That usually does the trick when trying to get him out of anywhere. To pass time he usually looks at his surroundings or sleeps, sticking close to the one he knows the most. Burden is one of the most docile and "obedient" runes you will ever meet.
I'll be quite honest here, it caught my eye because it was red. I looks closer at the picture and saw the actual details. To be mostly one solid color thats pretty good. I liked how the eyes stood out from the rest of the rune so I clicked. Good looking rune, let's try to get him! As I saw the larger image, thats when I saw the scars on it. I looked at his eyes and saw this rune must be a burden to be constantly wounded and so I decided to try to claim this rune and look after him.
In my character thread with Icecube. I've been wanting to get another rune to do a duet pic with him.
Sure. If a nice female comes about. :)
Any Quirks:
Burden has the funny habit of falling asleep like a cat, all twisted and belly up. And likes to eat wild berries, surprisingly never getting sick. He's alot like a lap cat but with a dog's manners. XD
Other:
Sip. Will type tomorrow when bored at doctors office. :)
Credits:
Plushie made by Cerestes
Pixel by lunamoth19
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saamura is my character so
DO NOT steal her.

Prayer to the lost soul:
By the blood of our ancestors,
The breath of the present,
And the will of the future,
In the name of the holy trinity
I pray for your soul
A safe passage to Valhalla.

Will Trade
For PPS
Taby Cat
Ponies
<----

Saamura
:-: Spawn of Hades and Ares :-:

Bast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daices. » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 am

This is what I've always wanted! O.O *gaze in rapture*
Owner Name:
nightwolf2982
Name:
pulse of stones (or pulse)
Personality:
cold, sometimes cruel, and reserved, he is not someone you would be too comfortable with, but you are drawn to his power, even if he is young. He is a great keeper of secrets, and he believes the sword is mightier than the pen. He is brave and courageous, and can be stubborn and blunt at times. He is very guarded, and usually does not let people close to his heart. He can sometimes hurt feelings without meaning to, and still has e curiosity and some, of the innocence, of a toddler.
first off, it was because the only baby I had seen so far. Also, the. Color. It was like a shiny, faceted stone, or glass or something a,axing. And the red ideas so rich.... Hey, I'm sorry if this makes it seem like a food, or stone, but it's the truth. Also, what made me really want to win him, want to fill in this form, is his personality. It's like mine! Well, I mean the description. I love his steadfast belief about fight for the fittest, and about how cold hearted he is. I'm sorry, but that's me. He reminds me of myself in so many ways, I just wanted him!
I was actually thinking, once I get seven pets (I love all of them) I would switch them around, like one for everyday of the week. I would give this little guy Friday, probably, because that's when most people, in my opinion, come one! XD I would also start to make a charrie thread, because my soggy just isn't big enough to fit everybody. T.T I would probably use him in rps too. I mean, who wouldn't want to use him in an rp!?
of course. It would be AWSOME to see his genes get passed down to the next generation, as well as his courage, battle tatctics, personality, and AWSOMENESS.
Any Quirks:
well, pulse here loves daffodils. To eat. Everyday, for breakfast, its just exactly 23 daffodil flowers. Also, he always sleeps with his tail on both eyes, or he can't fall asleep. He also sometimes pretends to have fits with trees, but finally just reduces them to wood chips.
Other:
pulse yawned, and took his tail away from his eyes. He sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and walked aeoundm gathering daffodil flowers. It wasn't that hard, considering he had slept in a glade, and it was bordered with them. As he munched on the petals, he looked around for a suitable thing to do. He had already fought all the trees in this glade, obviously, because of the slash marks and broken branches. He had also went mountain climbing.... He then decided to do something he hadn't really tried before. Fly! He hurriedly finished his daffodils, and went into the center of the clearing. He squeezed his shoulder muscles, and stiffened his wings. Nothing. He tried flapping them fiercely. Still nothing. Growling in frustration, pulse sat on the ground, obviously miffed. Pulse, after five minutes of calming down, (which involves sharpening his claws of stones) got back up, and tried again. He managed about a few inches of the ground, then fell. Her roared, and slumped to the ground in frustration. It was obvious he sucked at flying. What now? He couldn't give up.....
WIP!!!!!
Thank you, Monty.

You will be missed.

1981 - 2015
- - - - -
哪一条路是对?
问心无愧MyWay
daices.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Good luck to everyone applying for my little Naro's son! :D
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me