Re: Staff Litter Kiamara 2 - Kat; Jungle Jaguar

Postby Temperance. » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Alrighty!!!
        First of all I'd like to apologize for how terribly long it has taken me to get around to judging this.
        All I will say is that school is ridiculously hectic at the moment and I had to take an unforseen internet break for about a month in order to try and keep my life in order.

Today though I forced myself to sit down and judge....and may I just say that it was almost unbearably difficult? There may not have been 16 pages of forms, but the ones that were finished were FANTASTIC and I honestly fell in love with a lot of them xD (very glad I didn't have oodles of entries now, honestly, you guys made it tough on me.)

I'm not one for major suspense though, so I'll tell you who won and then the runners up.
        SO!!!
        Without further ado....the winner of my Staff Litter Kia is....Flyer.!!!

The runner ups were really really incredibly hard to pick (mostly because there were only four pages and it wouldn't be fair to award everyone a RU) but I decided that with Kiamara's being closed there was no harm in awarding three runner ups, especially since I felt everyone of these people solidly deserved it. (no seriously, I agonized over this for like...half an hour before managing to justify it xD) so the winners of a RU are:

theGAMER
        Tsunami.
        MossheartKat

Congratulations guys C:
        Please PM me if you're one of the people who won a RU, as I do have some questions etc. I need to ask you first C;

And now onto comments!!!
        Firstly I wanna say that I loved all the forms, and that I nearly cried doing this because I so badly want everyone to win....makes me glad in a way that I am not an artist xD

Firstly to .Flyer.
        I absolutely fell head over heels in love with Shanika. I have a bit of a lion addiction, and I thought the entire concept was really unique and kinda brilliant. It gave off a Jungle Book sort of feel but was written in such a way that I felt I was there. The names for the lions and just the name meanings in general intrigued me, and I absolutely loved your art. The little modeling clay version of Shanika made me giggle (in a good way) and I was actually floored by how accurate you managed to make it. Overall I felt like you put in a brilliant amount of effort, and I was just really impressed. I even liked the fact that you were honest about winning Ker in the meantime, I didn't feel like you were trying to sneak one in on me by not mentioning that and I just sort of appreciated everything about yours. I kept coming back to your form, and by the end of judging I kept seeing her as 'Shanika' rather than my staff kia. Which is why I'm so happy to present you with ownership of Shanika <3 I hope to see her around the fanclub and see how she develops ;D

theGAMER
        Wow where to begin. I was really torn between your form and Flyer's, it was insanely close. I loved the fact that you kept it so accurate, and the story was touching and engaging while also offering fantastic insight into her character. I adored your song choices along with the artwork, and again the way you stayed true to African culture and the feel of everything really drew me in. She was developed in a way that I found incredibly impressive, and I even liked the fact that you could draw so many connections between Maki and yourself, and I'm really hoping that (if you choose to accept your RU) that he or she will connect with you as well <3

Tsunami.
        Well, for one thing I really liked the personality you made for her, the way you worded it made me laugh and grin, and I just overall thought she had a good potential to become a very fantastic character. The story was engaging, and though there were a few grammar mistakes here and there I still enjoyed it quite a lot. I also found your dedication to the form and your plans for what you would do with her to be very admirable and worthwhile. I had a strong feeling that you would take exceptional care of her and that really counts for a lot, thus ending in me deciding you deserved a RU.

and finally MossheartKat
        Frankly it's hard for me to point to one thing, I just had a really strong feeling of comfort as I was reading through your form. It just felt....comfortable to read, it was soothing and interesting and relatable, and basically just took me away from where I'm sitting now and into Alessi's world. Her relationship with her mother was very familiar to me, and I particularly enjoyed how real you managed to keep her. Not totally cliched with a perfect or totally horrific life, but a nice sort of balance that's a nice realistic feel. Your form may not have been the longest or most detailed, but it just seemed to communicate her personality so well, and even in the shortness of it I felt like it related to her, as I kinda got the feeling from her that she knows who she is and is more-or-less comfortable with it, she doesn't need to wax poetic to get her points, and who she is, across. Basically your entire form just made me feel kinda happy (a bit odd I know, but I'm weird so whatever xD) and given all your hard work I could hardly do anything less than award you a RU C:

~*~

To everyone who didn't win....I'm so sorry, I really loved your forms as well, but in the end I can't really justify giving EVERYONE a runner up, so I had to make a really tough decision. I do understand if you're upset, but I do ask that you keep any negative comments to yourself, as it isn't fair to the winners, who worked so hard, to hear people complain about it. If you have ANY questions about judging etc. please feel free to PM me C: (though I am busy with school, so I may take a while to answer you. Not anything personal, just busy busy busy.)

══════════════════════════════════════
T E M P E R A N C E
══════════════════════════════════════

Female| INFJ |Christian | Kintaur Mod

ImageImageImage

> Call me Temperance, Tempy, Kat, or whatever you feel like.
> I love animals and decided to pursue a dog training career c:
> I have broad tv interests; everything from anime to sci-fi
> Banished is my new fave series (gifs to left are from the show)
> Literate writer with oodles of characters but very little time.
> Canadian!!! Whoop whoop! Bring on the maple syrup ;P
> Only posting occasionally - sort of on a semi hiatus

Temperance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsunami. » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Oh. My. God.

I can't even breathe, I just omg

Thank you so much, my RU will be my first (and last) Kiamara and I'm so excited to finally have one of my own! This has cheered me up do much, and it'll certainly help me forget about the tests I have today and tomorrow! Oh Gawd, I'm so happy right now!

Anyway, a massive well done to .Flyer.; you can have all my art if you want it. (Two peices; an avatar and a Fullbody). You deserved this beautiful girl, and I'll keep checking up on how she's developed!

We'll done to the other runner-ups, I'm sure you are all freaking out as much as I am right now! <3

And again, thank you to Kat; for judging, making this Kiamara, and for picking me to finally have a Kiamara of my own after such a long time of endless forms (and losing!) I'll PM you now!

Sorry to everyone that didn't win! Like Kat said, every person in this competition deserved to own this beautiful girl!

Tsu x
Tsunami.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:54 pm

I.... I.... I.... I won?
I can't... I just can't....
I can't believe it! Thank you so much! I just can't....
My little Shanika is mine. This means so much to me!
Congratulations to all the other RU, I can't wait to see them!
Thank you so much, I promise I will take good care of Shanika! *snuggles*
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hemalily » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:53 am

Congrats guys! Your forms were beautiful and you all obviously wanted her. The effort that you put into your forms was astounding, and I can truly say that you guys will love these Kias till the ends of the earth <3
I'll be snooping around to get a glimpse of the RUs, as they're sure to be gorgeous.

- my kals - my errps - my senegal zebras -
- ask me about pigeons -
- kitty by mnemosyne -
Hemalily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scullys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:55 am

Congrats Flyer! Your form was really well put together and I think you deserved it!

And for my RU kiamara I'm really excited to see what it looks like; so I'll be PMing Kat too!

hey i'm scullys,
i chill out here once every couple of months so
scullys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me