Re: Confusing Blur

Postby DoctorDraca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 am

Skyebreeze wrote:
Name:
Shaded Mirage
Reason you want it:
I've always wanted a tracker dog, and I'm in LOVE with this one, it's my favorite so far!! I will take very good care of her, get art of her, and she'll also have her own special place in my character thread. Oh, and I thought I may as well tell you this. I am obsessed with spinning, roller coasters (with lots of loops and corkscrews!) and swirl. :3
Nickname[s]:
Shaded, Shade, Mirage, Shady
Species/breed:
Tracker Dog
Size:
Average tracker dog size.
Any issues/deformations:
Unusual glowing swirls that allow her to cause confusion.
Fur:
Shade has very sleek, streamlined fur which allows her to run more swiftly.
Ears:
Shade has large, sensitive ears to better hear what's going on around her.
Tail:
Shade has an averaged-sized tail.
Head:
Shade's head is very stream-lined, so she push easily through the air.
Over all body:
Shade has a slim, sleek body, very muscular, and you can tell she was born to run. She has glowing swirl marks on her fur, so when she circles very quickly, it can be very disorienting.
Smartness:
Very intelligent, able to understand many commands and other words.
Personality:
Shade has a very confusing personality, just like the rest of her. She is prone to surprising mood swings, one minute as happy as can be, the next depressed and gloomy. However, she is always very determined and loyal, no matter what her mood. She HATES criminals, mainly because of what happened to her not long after her training ended, and can be extremely vicious when dealing with them.
Causing confusion: It's what she was born to do, and she LOVES doing it; Music: Preferably instrumental, Shade will sometimes hum a random tune to herself; Wind: She loves running and feeling the wind in her fur; Being Blind: Even though she has no eyes, she loves it because it allows her to imagine what things look like.
Dislikes:
Criminals: Just like every other tracker dog, though she has worse experiences than some; Darkness: Though she's blind, Shade can tell if it's dark, and she can get very claustrophobic; Pain and Fear: The two are basically the same to her, and she hates them both, whether it be physical or mental; Staying Still: She HATES this, she always has to be doing something, and she can get very impatient.
Skills:
Incredible at confusing people, whether by talking to them (as in other Trackers) or actually running in circles; Great runner and she loves doing it too.
Favorite Color(s):
She can't see, though she can imagine colors, and she likes bright, vivid ones.
Favorite Season:
Summer, because it's so warm and bright.
Personal Quote:
'I'm confusing you? Well it's confusing cause I wasn't confusing, but am I confusing or aren't I?' (What? It's her taunt to criminals when she's circling them, though they can't understand her.)
Background story:
Shade raced through the night, the wind flowing through her fur, her paws pounding against the pavement. She was so close, oh so close, to the end of the ally and on to freedom, when suddenly the dreaded noise rang out through the night. Shade skidded to a halt, curling herself into a tight ball, trying to escape the horrid sound. She was only feet away from freedom, yet she didn't have the drive to get up. The noise was just so horrible. Huge footsteps pounded against the ground, and she smelled the foul rank of the man who held her prisoner. She whimpered, this time softer, as he put that cold chain around her neck again. "Good thing we found out what makes you behave, ain't it?" He said with mock cheerfulness. "Can't have you running away from us when you're so good at sniffing out loot? Besides, you wouldn't want us all thrown in jail, now, would ya sweetie? After all, who would take care of you?" He chuckled dementedly and dragged her back, back into slavery.

Shade yelped with terror, her legs stiff, her hackles up. Her owner came in sleepily, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What's wrong, Shady girl? Did you have another one of your bad dreams?" She rubbed Shade's back gently, and she started to finally relax. "You don't ever have to go through what those men made you do again. You hear me? Never again. You've got me to protect you." With that, her owner went back to bed, yawning all the way. Shade layed her head down on her paws. She knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. She'd never forget the time she spent with those criminals. She hated criminals more than any other tracker dog, tracking them down with much more vigor and focus than any other. Those few months trapped by the criminals had felt like years...

Shade was so excited. She was finally finished with her training! It was time for her to actually get out there and do it. She was going on a practice run with her trainer to be sure she was ready, but it was a simple thing. She wasn't actually tracking a real criminal, it was just a police officer that she had to find. Her trainer had to hold her back, she was so excited. He nodded to another officer, then let her go. She circled quickly several times, then raced off, tongue lawling. She had gone a ways, when suddenly, the scent veered off into a dark alley. Puzzled, Shade followed it down to a dead end. Suddenly darkness engulfed her and she was swept off her feet, rough fabric rubbing against her fur. Gruff, muffled voices sounded around her. Terrified, all she could do was whimper. She was thrown in the back of a truck, yelping as she felt it rumble as it turned on. As the truck drove away, she slowly started to sleep...

Shade awoke with a start. She was no longer in the sack, as she assumed she had been in. She sniffed the air, then wrinkled her nose in disgust. The air was rank, damp, and stuffy, odds were she was in a rotting building. A door slammed, and she winced. She heard footsteps coming toward her, then a deep, gruff voice. "Good job. What were the swirls for again? Oh yes, for confusion. Good thing I have a strong stomach, unlike you idiots. She'll be of much use to us." He crouched down, starting to touch her fur, but Shade growled. The man just laughed. Suddenly, a loud high-pitched screeching noise peeled through the air. Shade howled in pain and shock, curling into a tight ball. The noise stopped as suddenly as it started. "See? This sound is too high-pitched for our ears, however she can hear it just fine. It not only keeps her under control but it also keeps her from alerting her creator. Ingenious, isn't it?" With that, the man and his followers walked out of the room. The last words Shade heard were "She'll be perfect for sniffing out priceless gems, won't she? And if we're caught she can distract the authorities..."

Shade shivered, coming back to the present. Everything those men had made her do had gone against everything her species had been meant to do. She hoped she would never have to relive those dark days...
Friends:
Policemen; crime-fighters; her owner
Enemies:
You a criminal? Watch out, cause she don't like ya.

I loved the story. Do make a full story about her time with said criminals and how she got away from them. It'd be amazing. <3
You'll be getting her.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyebreeze » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:24 am

*Faints* I came home, saw this, and my heart lept! Thank you SOOOO much Nex! And I'll get to work on that story...
Skyebreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chara Dreemurr » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 am

*sniffs* I never got close to getting one!
im basically never on, so if you wanna with trade me or if you message me, be prepared to wait a while for a response. this account is first and foremost a personal archive for sentimentality's sake as it was a big part of my childhood.
Chara Dreemurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AloisTrancyLuffs » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Congarts Skybreeze!!! I know how you fell mistystar my aplication sucked LOL. I just find it fun to sned one in :)
AloisTrancyLuffs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

:clap: Congrats
Maybe next time I'll get one
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Shark » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 am

mistystar* wrote:*sniffs* I never got close to getting one!

mistystar, keep trying, sooner or later you will get one :3

x Shark x They/Them Pronouns x
- WMEs - JBDs - Kiamaras - Hyeneas-
|Team Valor|

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

<Signature art + Avatar By me>
Agent Shark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chara Dreemurr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 am

not to be mean or anything, but did you take some from my other tracker dog... application i'll call it (height, fur, etc.)?
im basically never on, so if you wanna with trade me or if you message me, be prepared to wait a while for a response. this account is first and foremost a personal archive for sentimentality's sake as it was a big part of my childhood.
Chara Dreemurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyebreeze » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:10 am

Um... no. I used a form layout by ~Dawnflame~, on her character page it says anyone can use it.
Skyebreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me