My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forgive Me For I Have Turned My Back

Postby Gaycko » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 am

A lot of this writing is ideas to get a chapter started and will be fleshed out and cut down for the final form to post. Please do not take my ideas from this form for any reason as even if I do not win the ideas will be recycled for other characters.

"She was beautiful, a work of art sent to earth by the gods for all to admire. You'd think I would've stayed and honored my mother's wishes to marry such a lady as herself, but I did not. I turned my back to her and my family for that matter. Raised as a guard to protect the future head of the government I had turned my back to it all. The loyalty, the rich it would give me small family, the chance at power. I did it with reason though, for I couldn't lie to myself or Miss
Last edited by Gaycko on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
🏳️‍🌈
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kalon #25 -- Sand Tones

Postby Slabby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 am

Magna Sabuleum

Basic Information:
gender: Female | age: 17| sexuality: Bisexual | sign: Virgo

Favorite's:
color: Mango | food: Corn | Place: Home | Animal: Gerbils

Personality:
Magna is a very intelligent individual and enjoys absorbing knowledge. Often comes of as polite and has a very strong sense of leadership. She always walks with grace and pride very confident but knows when not to be rude. Often avoids thoes she sees to be a bad influence causing her to come off as a bit mean , but she rather seem a little narsissistic then have other's negatively influence her and effect her future.

Daily life / Other Interests :
Magna lives in the midst of the desert on a small farm that produces crops including Melons, carrots and corns within a small vicinity. She often tends to her farm during the weekends along with her other hobbies.

Magna is a kalon who is extremely interested in the study of Archeologey and is pursuing further knowledge in this field by taking college level classes that are much higher then her current grade levels learning. Although this does have this set backs as Magna has to travel 2 hours through many miles of desert, from here home in the desert to the more populated big city. Avoiding many dangers upon the way such a quick sand, wild more dangerous animals, and stepping into 'bad' individuals. Even so she finds this all worth it seeing as she gets to learn about something she loves even if it may possibly cost her a bit of time and security to get there.

Even though Magna already has her work cut out for her with just school and keeping together her farm she still participates in other activities being quite the energetic gal. A few things she participates in after school is the recycling club, wanting to help the enviornment around her. Sense she lives in such a empty desert she finds the green plants and colorful flower's of the city beautiful and wants to sustain its beauty pushing her to not only be a active participant of the club but the president, taking great pride in contributing to something beneficial.
Although not as active , she helps out in is the science club, it being the closes she can get to a archeologey based club in school, and even though upon joining it was really what she was looking for Magna decided to stick around as the information she learned from it she thought to be intriguing and worth the while.

Another thing Magna also enjoys very much is gerbil breeding. It may not seem like the most interesting or even ethical hobby but she loves the little dessert rodents so much she loves bringing more of them into the world and allowing them to prosper. She tries to bring awareness to the species , as they are often over shadowed by other rodents sense they have tails and aren't considered as cute as hamsters, but nonetheless she enjoys them. Finding loving and caring homes for all the gerbils that come from the little family she creates.

WIP ;3
[512/700 words]
Slabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squints » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:47 am

so pretty??? 10/10
steinbeck inspired
squints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

••••••✹ SAHARA ✹••••••
────────────────────────────────────────────────

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

The sun was blazing high up in the cloudless sky, so bright that it was almost impossible to look straight at it. The market was bustling with excitement, suddenly going quiet as the soon-to-be crowned queen, Sahara, gracefully walked down the dirt road, wearing a fake smile and giving pleasant waves at the villagers. Her parents trailed closely behind, quietly whispering about the millions of things she's doing horribly wrong at the very moment.

Sahara stared to frown at the uncomfortable silence. She stopped, making her parents halt. "It's all right, everyone. Feel free to get moving with your marketplace trading." Sahara announced in a polite as possible voice, wanting to get out of the market as soon as she could. A few whispers erupted, before the market when back to its usual loudness again.

"Sahara, my dear! You're going to be crowned queen soon! You have to learn to make everyone respect you when you walk past!" Her mother lectured in a whisper-shout, her father nodding in agreement. "You have to make us proud when you're queen. You're our only child, and you're named after the biggest desert in the world. Now learn some queenly manners." Her mother added.

Sahara turned, and gave her mother a quick deadly glare. "Why am I your only child, anyways? What if I don't want to be queen? What if I want to help desert wildlife?" Sahara snapped back aggressively. "Ruling a whole desert is such a pain. I want to help the desert's plants and animals..." Sahara gradually trailed off, her voice softening.

"You can do that when you're queen, my dear. Now come on, we went over this already. We need to pick up your crown and we're headed back to the castle." Sahara's mother said with a disapproving shake of her head. She grabbed Sahara by the hand and continued walking, Sahara's future inching closer each step.

•✹•

Sahara woke up, groggily getting prepared for the ceremony to crown her the queen. She was aware of the fact it started in several hours, but her parents kept nagging at her to wake up early to get prepared and look the best she can. A few times her mother popped her head in Sahara's room, swiftly checking on her every few minutes. It annoyed the heck out of Sahara, that she almost threw her brush at her mother (her mother left just in time, but Sahara still threw her brush which ended up giving the brush a little crack in the handle).

Sahara could hear the cheers and shouts of the villagers outside her window, once and a while hearing complaints about having to wait out in the sun for hours. Just wait... I'll be out there soon, fellow villagers. Sahara thought, gently putting on a gold necklace. The necklace was a treasure passed down generations to each new queen. Sahara squeezed it tightly for a moment before stepping out of her room.

She entered the room where she was about to be crowned queen. It was like an area, with her standing on a platform right in the center. The crowd cheered at the sight of her. Sahara saw her mother smile as she took her place in between her parents, anxiously fiddling around with her necklace and biting her tongue a few times.

Her mother shushed the crowd, and the noise quickly died down. "Hello, everyone. I'm glad all of you were able to attend the ceremony which my wonderful daughter here will be crowned queen." There were a few speedy cheers, but her mother shushed them once more. "As all the previous queens look down upon us, here we have Sahara, our generation's queen." Her mother let everyone cheer once more, as her father gently put the crown on Sahara.

"Thank you everyone for attending," The newly crowned queen started. "It's an honor to be crowned queen, yes, even if it wasn't my biggest wish. What's my biggest wish, you may ask?" Sahara stopped, giving it a dramatic effect to her short speech. "Is to help desert wildlife. And I hope all of you will help me achieve this dream."

[ 692 words 1/3 art pieces]

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am

Imagex Image x Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
name;; cassiopeia "cassi" | gender;; female | sexuality;; bisexual

biography wrote:cassiopeia is a kind, quiet, reserved kalon, who enjoys spending time alone and with her few close friends. ever since she was a kid, she has always been pretty shy, and quite mature for her age. She made a few very close friends, and she has been friends with them ever since she met them in kindergarten. her three close friends are noelle, violin, and oliver. they met in kindergarten and have been a "squad" ever since. over the years, cassi has slowly but surely started to come out of her shell, which she credits mostly to her best friends. some of her favourite activities are reading, star-gazing, waking up early to watch the sunrise, reading poetry books, doing work/hanging out at coffee shops, and listening to jazz/classical music. her favourite foods are apples, dark chocolate and raspberries, and her favourite drinks are earl grey tea, chocolate milk, and coffee. she was raised by her mother and father, but she was much closer with her mother. her mom was the one who got her into star-gazing and all the space stuff. her bedroom ceiling as a child was decorated with glow-in-the-dark star constellations and moon stickers and the like. she grew up in a small town in northern ontario, canada, which, contrary to her desert/warm "aura" per se, was a very cold and slightly desolate little place. it had a tiny population and it was a very tight-knit community. she loved it there, but moved out to new york city for university where she is studying astrology and philosophy.

the little dipper - story wrote:a small kalon kit lay on her back in the grass gazing up at the sky. "mama, how did people first find the cos... conste... constation... contstellations?" she said, her small voice stumbling over the big word. "i don't know, cassi" her mother replied gently. "but do you want to know something?" the mother continued. cassi nodded eagerly. "you're named after a constellation!" the mother continued, her voice full of warmth for the little kal. cassi squealed. "really?! which one?!" she responded, looking around the sky to see if she could find it. "cassiopeia" her mother responded. cassi turned her head. "yeah, mom?" she asked, confused as to why her mother was just saying her name. her mother laughed and shook her head. "no, silly, that's the name of the constellation!" she said gently. cassi nodded her head in realization. "that's so cool!" she exclaimed, looking back up at the sky. "is it up there mama?" cassi asked. her mother shook her head. "somewhere, but we can't see it here" she responded. "oh ok" the young kal responded, slightly disappointed. "which ones can we see mama?" cassi asked. her mother raised a paw and pointed to the little dipper. "well, that ones the little dipper" she said, making sure cassi was looking in the right direction. cassi oohed and ahhed as her mother pointed out all the different stars and constellations. after her mother was finished, cassi pointed back to the little dipper. "i think that one's my favourite" she declared proudly. "why's that?" her mother asked. "well, it's tiny, like me, and i like that i can tell what it is!" she answered, gazing up at the night sky. her mother nodded. "well then, i'll call you my little dipper!" she said, her voice full of kind laughter. cassi nodded eagerly. "ooh! yayyy!" she squealed excitedly. her mother gave a soft laugh and wait until her daughter had fallen asleep before carrying her back inside and putting her to bed. "good night my little dipper" she whispered gently, her voice full of warmth and love.

[608/700 words]

art piece #1 wrote:Image
by me

art piece #2 wrote:Image
by me
Last edited by ghostie, on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 am, edited 25 times in total.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S-S-Sweets » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:46 am

Mark <3
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
┌────────┐

c

└────────┘
S-S-Sweets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:16 am

Reserved, may try out?
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am

name(s): christopher jackson or cj || gender: male

christopher jackson/cj suffers from dissociative identity disorder, also known as multiple personality disorder.

christopher jackson (usually just known as christopher or chris), is a fashion designer. he's seen as always bubbly and cheerful, which always brings lots of customers in. no matter what, he always has a smile on his face and a positive outlook of the world.

on the other hand, cj (the other personality) is quite the opposite -- he's a solemn and depressive musician. luckily, not very many people know cj or have met him because he's introverted and tends to shut himself off from the world.

although, the two fight together a lot. they both long to live their own lives, but it's not that easy or very possible while remaining in only one body.

to anyone who has gotten dangerously close to christopher, they later catch a glimpse of cj and how the two personalities can counteract against each other. it's not a pretty sight.

christopher used to live blissfully without this other person inside him. cj was first an imaginary friend, and a happy one at that. but as chris grew up, the image became twisted and gnarled. cj changed into his own person and eventually came to live inside christopher too.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 am

Image Image

In all of my years of living, I had never set foot outside this city. Everything I needed was right here, so I didn’t mind. This was my home, and I had never longed for anything else.

Until, all of a sudden, I did.

It started out with a dream.
I was standing toe deep in a pool of crystal blue water, unlike any water I had ever seen in the city. I could feel sand beneath my feet, and although I generally did not enjoy the feeling of sand between my toes, the way this sand flowed around my feet was rather relaxing. Upon the shore were a few tall plants; I recognized them as palm trees from the intricate painting my mother used to have hung above her bed. Past the trees was an ocean of sand, a vast expanse of yellow hills that never seemed to end. Tentatively, I picked up my paw and began to walk. Clouds of dust billowed under my paws, turning the perfect water slightly gray as I approached the shore. A slight wind rustled through the massive leaves of the palms up above, and suddenly, the sand upon the dunes began to lift off, spiraling around in the air like pixie dust.
I began to take another step, when suddenly, I was lifted from my dream.

After about a day, I had forgotten the dream. It didn’t seem important compared to everything else going on in my life, and soon enough, I fell back into the same routine as always. Wake, eat, work, and sleep. Nothing more to it.
Maybe a month later, the dream came back. I was standing upon the shore, in the same place I had left off at last time. The sand was swirling around in the air, just like it was in my first dream. Everything was the same… Except one thing.
This time, there was someone on the other side of the oasis. I couldn’t quite make out their features from this distance, but I didn’t need to, because sure enough the figure began wading towards me through the shallow water.
I tried to say something, but my voice was stuck in my throat. The figure kept coming closer, until I could make out some of the details. It was not a Kalon like me, but a creature I had never seen before. It had a beak like a bird and large wings, but walked upon four paws and was covered with fur. I racked my brain for information, but I could not figure out what it was.
The mysterious creature reached the shore, and we made eye contact. “It’s time to wander.” The figure said, with a strong, silky accent unlike any I had ever heard before.
Then, it scrawled a few numbers in the sand.
It opened its mouth to speak again, but a loud sound interrupted the scene and my body jolted awake.
6 AM. Time to get up.

That time, I did not forget the dream. It all seemed too real for that, and it consumed my thoughts. Even the numbers the being had written in the sand remained in my brain.
After work a few days later, I went to the library to research. After some difficulties, I finally found what I was looking for: a mythical creature called a gryphon.
I had never heard of such a thing before, but yet, the one in my dream was so accurate to the detailed illustrations upon the faded pages.
A large beak, a heavyset body, thick fur, and wings. Just like in the dream.
As I was flipping through the book, I noticed something on the last page: a small faded sticky note. Thin blue letters were scrawled upon it, and peering closer at it, I could make out what it said.
“We’re waiting. 59.20.11.”

It was those numbers again. I sat there for a moment, and then it hit me.
They were coordinates.
And I needed to follow them.

690/700
Last edited by cyrevan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me