Re: Ice Rune

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Tundra, I have not even finished judging for the Nightshade Rune and you have already placed up a form for this one?
This goes against our rules, I know you wish to be technical with how we do things, but if this is so then applying for this Rune when I am not even done judging the other will not be allowed. If you had wanted this rune so badly, then you should have withdrawn from the Nightshade and applied to this dragon instead. Please wait till after I have completed judging to submit a form, and I can assure everyone that this "One day to enter" thing, will not happen again with mine and Jendalie's Runes. We shall be making sure to release our runes at the same time and on the same date from now on. This is to be fair to everyone and to give others a chance to obtain a dragon.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Original Posting of the form will be deleted, just the mods need to get to it. I'm re-posting as per request of Benathorn, now that the Nightshade rune is finished being judged. I'll leave it in the code format till the other post is deleted.

Credit for the form format goes to Ashenjay! TY for letting me use it.
Owner Name:
Tundra
Runebearer
Kuar (My Persona)

Rune's Name:
Pyry ~ Py(as sounded in Pyrite)-ry(as sounded in Ride)
Origins: Originated in Finnish
Meaning:
"snowstorm, blizzard" in Finnish.
Gender: The name is a Male name, there is no female variation

For a while I was stuck as to what to name him, I wanted to have a ice sounding name that flowed off the tongue. In the end I went to behindthename.com to find a name that meant blizzard. There was only one, at least that the sight had. I find it fits, especially with the quirk he has.

Personality:
PLAYFUL
Sad and boring? He shall shine some fun on a situation. Throwing snowballs, creating fun. All because he just likes to play. Pyry will shine a light on any of the most dreadful situations, usually by means of throwing snowballs, but all the same. He’s so carefree and always up for a snowball fight.
Hidden in the tree, as silent as can be,
Waiting for thee, to come and see.
The rune that's here to play,
And happily make your day.
Throwing snow about,
Hearing children scream and shout.
Its fun to play around,
Better then being stuck in the pound.

O a joy he brings to you,
A game he plays only for two.
Joy, happiness, fun, all in one,
And here it is, here for everyone.
So don't you forget,
Don't be filled with regret.
Just come out and play,
He will be sure to make your day!

I actually didn't plan on writing a poem here, in fact, it just kind of came out. The way it flowed with the playfulness of Pyry, I enjoyed writing it.

INSIGHTFUL
Pyry has a way of knowing when one is sad or having problems in life. He knows what's right and wrong, and has great insight in finding ones personality. As long as your good to him, treating him with care and kindness, he will always be a good, fun, playful friend to you
Darkness envelops, the moon ensnares,
A face in shadow sits and glares.
He is bad, that one so dark,
A trapper maybe, a money shark.
He wants me for cash,
And easy sale.
Not for me I’ll save my tail
Off in the wind. It’s time to bail.

Over here, shimmering bright,
A face of fun, and playful delight.
Their eyes bright, full of pride,
Calling you in, arms open wide.
This is nice,
And costs no price!
A place to thrive,
And a life to live.
Loving till the end,
Me and my friend.

CURIOUS
Why curious you ask, well one cant find if your sad or down without being the curious sort. All the time you can find him flying about looking for someone to cheer up. Either that he’s poking his head around looking for stray gems or stones that shine in the light.
Flying alone in the cold winter breeze.
People all around, ready to sneeze.
Perhaps around the corner shall be what I seek.
A gem so nice it will be hard not to keep.
Perhaps a face I can bring good luck and cheer.
To push away their most worrisome of fears.
Its always something new, something grand ahead.
The thrill of the day, its what gets me from my bed.
I’m curious till the end
O what’s this, just around this bend?

LOVING
Pyry is of the loving, caring nature. Many look at him and see a cold rune, one that appears to not care. Under his icy appearance, their is a heart of joy and love. When he finds you down, he will try and cheer you up. When your lost, he will help you find your way. He always wants what’s best for you, for you to be happy.

<Likes>
Frozen landscapes
The cold
Snowballs
Blizzards
Winter
Fun

<Dislikes>
Heat
Fire
Anything that Defrosts
Boredom
Seeing someone sad
Summer

Why do you wish to have him/her:
After seeing the baby blizzard rune, I’ve always wanted an ice themed rune. I was glad when I saw that an ice themed rune was back up for adoption. Tundra, Ice, and Artic themes have always been my favorite. I love how the ice seems to flow over the rune, be apart of it instead of just standing there as if attached. It’s mixture and blend of blue hues only make it look even better. The piercing gaze of his yellow eyes, everything says this is a proud rune.

I had a few asking why I decided to place scales on this image and none of my others. Size played a factor in this for it didn’t quite look right on the others, as well as finding an effect on Corel that matched a scale like pattern quite nice. Along with this, I also see the Ice rune having a tougher hide much like a lot of the winter animals, thick to help prevent from the bitter frost of the winter days. But yet, smooth like a snakes skin.

On another note, I just realized it looks like Pyry is jumping in this image. Cute

Where will you keep him/her:
He would find a home on the right side of my signature. Any displaced text will be modified and changed. I think he will make a nice addition to my frozen theme in characters.

Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes, I would

Any Quirks:

Main quirk: Pyry collects gems and shiny stones. Commonly he is found with Pyrite, or fools gold because it appears to be gold. He also has gems of all names and colors. Though he never steals them, always finds them. The stones usually have shine to them, or some sort of sparkle.

Minor quirk: Throwing snowballs at people. As much as he enjoys it, some would think otherwise. The snowballs break on impact, and soft, and quite often find their way back at him. He soon is caught in a game of dodge and weave and throw with the common public.

Minor quirk 2: Along with throwing snowballs, Pyry enjoys creating patches of snow-covered ground. The joy of watching children scream in delight at the sight of snow of any sort just makes him smile. He will hover in an area for a long period of time to do thins though, since it dose take a lot out of him. But for the glee of the kids, its worth it.

ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 am

The contest will end in about an hour. Please make any edits before then. Once judging has begun no more edits or entries will be allowed.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am

I want it so bad. But, everyone else did amazing, too. I truely can't wait to see who wins such a magnificent rune.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, good luck to all! <33
-is frantically making art-
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:46 am

I'm very unsure. I want to make my form better but, I'm not very good at stuff like that. Oh well, I think I'll try anyway.
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

The Ice Rune is now closed for judging. No more edits or entries will be accepted after this time.

I will post up the winner later tonight.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Okay. C:
Good luck to everyone, I know this beautiful Rune will go to a good home! <33
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 pm

SOOO NERVOUS! Good luck to all!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Congratulations Tundra!

Your artwork and animations are beautiful. I love the detailed descriptions of the dragon, banners, and poems you created. Very cool Rune Bearer design as well!

Thank you for everyone's submissions. You all did a great job! I hope to see you in the future.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me