Re: Kit UFA!

Postby Almond Bark » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:31 am

*Represents Oscar cleaning himself after a hunt with his mother as he learned with his father.

Username:
Almond Bark
Name:
Oscar
Story:
Oscar just couldn't seem to cope with the two lives mess in the past. Why wouldn't they just both become wild? The problem drove him crazy, but he might've just had an idea. He calls it being "Properly Wild" When his mother teaches him to be aggressive and willful,
he will do it mannerly. When he's being told to eat wild like his mother said he was born to be, he'll do it politely and clean up after himself, like his father taught him. He doesn't want to upset neither of his parents and cause problems so he crossed both paths.
When he's with his father and has to be docile and polite, he goes a little out the boundaries to show his father that not everything has to be perfect, and that it's ok to be a little wild. He'll eat a little messy, but without embarrassing his father, and maybe be a little loud too. But all he want's to do is to bring his parents closer to each other instead of living a double life.
Last edited by Almond Bark on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Almond Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:20 am

//screeches// i love paws/shelter s o much

Username:
.lyrebird
Name:
chital / "tal"
- chital deer
Gif:
Story: [ 201/500 ]
she'd always been a fish out of water with her father, but she loved him dearly ( dare i say, deerly ) and as such didn't fuss about the total culture shock seeing him brought. she barely understood his language, and he knew even less of hers, and she definitely didn't understand why "manners" were so important. "please," and "thank you," and "may i," seemed... too much, in her opinion. the lifestyle was too lavish and lax, too... clean.

yes, tal much preferred the wilderness. it made sense to her, clicked with something deeper and more feral within her that just screamed 'this is right!'. the dirt and the leaves and the bugs, it was all home. though it was definitely hard re-adjusting after each visit to civilization, she found herself missing certain aspects of technology - tv was fun! and she enjoyed the chill of fans over the muggy heat of summer, and oh... the candies. sweet treats she just couldn't get enough of - her favorite was anything lime flavored.

but when all was said and done, she would gladly retreat to the safety of the forest, the comfortable familiarity of her mother and siblings and their den.
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Remini » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Username:
Steve Rogers
Name:
Alix
Gif:

Story:
Alix is confused about who he really is. He loves his mothers wild and honest nature, and his fathers busy, never slowing down kind of lifestyle. But of the two, while he feels more comfortable with his mother in the wilderness, he yearns to be like his father. The hustle and bustle of city life seems so appealing to his young and innocent mind, although his shy and timid nature causes him to unconsciously veer away from what he really desires.

Alix feels caught in a battle with himself, fighting for the comfort of his den and the excitement of stepping out of his comfort zone. While in the wild he is always proper as his father teaches, using 'please' and 'thank you' (although sometimes very quietly, almost as if he's saying it to himself) and tries to eat in a less savage manner than some others in his family. However when he is with his father he tends to retreat into himself, listening to everything he says but seemingly retaining that feral, ready to flight demeanor on the outside.

In his family he is seen as timid and quiet no matter which parent he is with, and avoids any sort of conflict. He is constantly debating if he can see his future in the wild, by himself, eventually finding a true love. He finds it hard to believe that something such as that could actually happen to him, and he can't imagine being alone, fending for himself in the harsh wilderness. But he also can't imagine being in a city, surrounded by millions of other beings, expected to make a name for himself in the crowds of faces. But he dreams to do just that, although the reality seems impossible.

Unable to voice his true desires, he simply fights for whatever his future may bring, hopefully eventually bringing him out of his shell.

[302]
Remini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Username: bogator // Name: harlan // Gender: male

res w/ him coming up on a herd of wild buffalo
is a wild child

Story:
Text
Last edited by kidcandy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cardboardteeth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Username: beanbun Name: Molly Gender: female Story:
"Dunno." Molly glanced at Esme, her small paws leaving prints in the mud as she walked. "My mom and dad are just.. so different and I guess I sorta wish I could just have both feet in one world." With both parents having them raised in two different ways Molly was just sort of.. confused. "I think I want to be in the forest like my mom but I guess I don't want to be so.. primitive." A small, resigned sigh escaped the kit's mouth before continuing, "Do you remember when I was younger and I told you I saw some deer in the woods? Yesterday I saw them again and.." She stopped, shoving her friend behind a tree. Slowly poking her head out again, her panting heavy and raspy from her fear, she breathed, "Look." Wispy, thinly outlined shapes crept proudly through the trees, their chests wide and muscular. They looked like elk. Molly's eyes seemed to glaze over, stumbling out from behind the tree and towards the almost-transparent shapes. They all turned to stare at her, their eyes lacking pupils - they were fully empty, almond-shaped and showing the trees behind them. She stood before the great creatures, her mouth propped open slightly as the biggest elegantly walked towards her with his long, thin legs. He stared at her for a few more moments, eerie silence creeping in on all fours before it touched its huge muzzle to her face. Whispering into her ear words she could barely hear, he and the other spirits disappeared, back into the trees where their faces melted into the bark. "You know where you belong," she breathed, the words he'd spoken to her.

[280/500]
Last edited by cardboardteeth on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mokiemeekie is my sister
very very inactive
cardboardteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ❝Nature is a petrified magic city❞ - ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪs

Postby Ethulai » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:54 pm

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Username: Ethulai ❧
Name: Oreka [Basque for Equilibrium] ❧

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────

An awareness of self developed over the first few months of life. Where before the focus was on eating, drinking, sleeping and on survival, now distinct personalities were emerging.

My sister, so free and fierce was almost a clone of our mother. She revelled in her wildness, lead the hunts, was the most competent at stalking and tracking, had the best senses. Indemne, our mother had purred to her one day proudly, naming my sister for the wild creature she would always be. Our brother was her complete counter, he moaned about the weather, could never find his feet while climbing, stumbled over our mother's native language and withdrew within himself the longer he had to stay out in the forest.

Leander, my little lion, our father had said to him fondly one night while he was helping prepare dinner. In the city my brother was in his element. Here, he was king. He navigated the streets like a native, spoke fluently in a number of human tongues, could charm his way out of any situation. Here, my sister became unsure, skitterish, afraid. It was very clear where my brother and sister would choose to live once our mother had completed raising us...but where did that leave me?

I remember once when we were in a forest clearing and I was discussing different genres of music with Leander, Indemne came out of nowhere and tackled me. I quickly got over my shock and started to spar with her. Though she was stronger, more dominant it was important not to show her any weakness. That day I almost bested her, but she pinned me down when I made the mistake of being overconfident. She leaned down and hissed at me, clearly expressing her unease at how easily I had morphed from 'Miss Civilised' (her favourite taunt when I was annoying her) to a future competitor for territory and food.

One night in the city Leander woke up after a night terror and I led him downstairs to the kitchen that had always represented safety and comfort to him. Without a word I set about making him a spiced hot chocolate, exactly how our father would prepare it. Leander watched me working and then took a cautious sip when I placed the mug in front of him. His eyes widened in surprise.
      "Yum. Thank you," he said quietly and then after a few moments "How do you do that?"
      I tilted my head inquiringly, and asked; "Do what?"
      "How do you just manage to fit in? You're always okay, no matter where we are."
      I pondered for a moment before answering; "I learn from both of you, and our parents" and gave him a reassuring smile.

The truth is that although I'm the youngest as my sister is the earth and my brother is the sky I am the balance.
      I am the one that unites our family.
      I am the one that proves it is possible to be wild and tamed.

[500 words]
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 am

Okay! So me and endless sea;; have discussed something we feel is needed.

If you are trying out for the kit, we would like you to keep it for a month before trading it away. It's not fair for the people who really wanted the kit if you get it and just trade it away!

If you have any questions/concerns/complaints about this rule, please pm me or endless sea;;

If this rule bothers anyone, you are more then welcome to drop out.

Thank you!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:38 am

friendly bump ! c:
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chipackerz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 am

Username:
Chipackerz
Name:
Quincy
Gif:
Story:
"Come on Quinc, you're gonna be late for school!" Her father called from downstairs. Quincy woke up with a start, panting and glancing around the room hurriedly. She realized it was just her father calling her down for breakfast. She looked down at her alarm clock, it read 6:50. Quincy's eyes went wide, shoot I'm gonna miss the bus! She then jumped out of bed, threw on some clean clothes and dashed down the stairs three at a time.

Timber glanced down at his watch, reading the time. "You better hurry up and eat that food kiddo, either that or it's cafeteria food for you" Ugh, school food Quincy thought with disgust. She scarfed down her breakfast and grabbed her backpack off of the counter. "Thanks for the breakfast Dad!" She called out as she dashed out the door.

Timber looked at the door for a few moments before his daughter came crashing back through it. Quincy leaped into his arms giving him a big hug, he hugged her back then, with a chuckle he said "Alright, now get outta here, before you miss the bus" Timber ruffled her hair before letting her go. She dashed out again, running to get to the bus stop in time. By the time she got there she barely waited a minute before the bus arrived. The big yellow monstrosity came into her sights, it came to a screeching halt, then opened it doors to let her on.

She got on panting, walking down the aisle trying to spot her friend, Willow. She finally spotted her friend and sat down beside her gratefully. "What's got you panting?" Willow asked. "Oh you know, just waking up late is all." She responded. Willow nodded before asking another question "Hey, what are you doing this weekend?"

Oh right, it's Friday Quincy remembered. During the week she stayed with her dad, she spent her weekends with her mom. "I have to stay with my mom and my other siblings" She answered. She glanced down at the backpack in her lap,thinking. Quincy didn't mind staying with her mom, she thought it was great spending time in nature, since most kids her age spent their time inside most days. It's just, she missed the amenities associated with city life.

"Do you like it there, in the wild?" Willow snapped Quincy out of her thoughts. "Yeah, it's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city sometimes you know? Out there in the woods, you can just lose yourself in the peace and quite of nature. It's a great stress reliever." She finished while glancing out at the window, watching all the buildings pass by. After a few more minutes of silence, or as quite as a bus can get, they arrived at school. Quincy and Willow disembarked the bus, still chatting happily , and headed into the building together.
[486/500 words]

-{Leo // INFP // Horse // Artist
Warriors // Hippo Campus
Animal Crossing // Bookworm
Glass Animals // Nothing But Thieves}-

ImageImageImage
chipackerz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:29 am

Username: caius.
    Name: pip.
    Gif: xxx [hope this is fine]
    Story: [440/500]
    Growing up, Pip was filled to the brim with excitement. Some weeks he could crawl through logs and fallen leaves, and others he spent among artificial light and cracked concrete. It took a while for him to fully grasp why things kept changing -- why his mother wouldn't venture into the forest, or his father the opposite. Pip never really saw the worlds he lived in as so vastly different until he grew older.
    It was a neighbourhood kalon who pointed it out first, a local kit Pip often seen near his father's restaurant. You're always so dirty and smell like fish!
    Pip was hurt by the remark. He became acutely aware of the differences between his mother and father. In the forest meant raw fish and dirty paws whereas the city offered cooked pasta and something called soap. His excitement shifted into a realization that he wasn't normal, a feeling that coiled deep within his chest. Sure, both of his parents loved him, but that didn't stave off the simmering resentment he'd begun to harbour.
    Why did his siblings get to stay in one place, while he bounced back and forth between the two? The more he thought about it, the more aware of the feeling Pip became. He could barely understand either language they spoke. He couldn't climb trees, locate fish, or fall into a hunting crouch. Nor could he cook food, handle a knife, or operate what his father called electricity. Pip realized just how different he really was.
    It wasn't long that those feelings lingered, however. Pip's change of heart came in the form of books. Upon their discovery, Pip struggled furiously to learn how to read the strange pages. Every other week at his father's was spent learning and finally, after nearly four months, the kalon prevailed.
    His reading taught him a variety of things neither of his parents had ever thought of. He read of the wild and cooking and astronomy and so many other things. Pip learned to read the land for hunting. He learned the names of plants and animals previously unknown to him. He learned of cooking methods and human inventions, things Pip was quite happy to talk about with his father.
    Most importantly, he learned to let go of the feelings plaguing his heart. Pip began to embrace just how different he truly was. The kalon knew things both his forest and "human" counterparts didn't, something he took great pride in. Although he lives in neither forest nor city, he has become content with his place in life.
    Pip soon was delighted to learn the word for such a thing. Unique.
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me