Re: Ex-Army Dog

Postby Drizzle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 am

New name for her:
Blythe
Reason you want her:
Beyond the usual "OMG TRACKER DOGZ!!!11! It's just so awesome!" response, I've been looking for a character to fit in on the Law Enforcement side of things. There's a convoluted storyline going on in my head that I'm trying to make sense of on paper, involving characters I already have (such as Jay and Joules), and characters I haven't even conceived yet. One thing's for certain, though: with all of suspicious criminal activity going around, I need a diligent, dedicated enforcer to help balance the scales! It doesn't hurt that she already has an interesting background, one that can be taken and built upon in manyseveral ways.
What will her new owner be like:
Aislin Evans walks a balance between good-natured and serious, capable of thinking quickly on her feet and adapting to a multitude of situations. After serving five years in the military, ending her career in special forces, Ash's application was accepted by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, and at the age of 23 entered into the FBI Academy at Quantico. 20 grueling weeks later, she was titled Agent Aislin Evans, and was accepted into a position as a member of a Field Intelligence Group being sent in to investigate a series of suspicious, possibly linked, heists occurring in the Northeastern portion of the United States. As the majority of the heists seemed to take place at night, Aislin's FIG team was offered the opportunity to work with a newly rehabilitated, job-specific Tracker Dog. Eager to operate as a partner with one of these unique canines, Aislin sent word of her willingness to adopt the Tracker as soon as permissions were cleared by the Directorate of Intelligence.
Ash wasn't initially aware that this particular Tracker originally belonged to a general of the army, and would have been on duty around the same time that she would have been in service; the army is too vast for such happenstances. Though she knew the rudimentary basics from the start - that her previous owner had been killed, and that she had been attacked, resulting in her pair of scars - Blythe's history wasn't something that came up in casual conversation, and direct questions were often skirted. Knowing full well when to adhere to a don't-ask-don't-tell situation, Ash let the subject drop. When she inevitably finds out, it will come as something of a shock, one that will leave her speechless and more than a little concerned for her partner's current state, no matter how recovered Blythe may seem.
In which situations will she be placed:
Any number of situations, including covert operations and field investigations. Her utmost patience and dedication will be a must, for arduous stake-outs will comprise a lot of her time, but in this, her night vision and heightened senses will be absolutely invaluable. One thing is for certain, however: she won't be put into situations she can't handle, so as to avoid a relapse; Aislin will always have her back, and isn't a demanding taskmaster. If Blythe can't handle the mission at hand, she won't be forced - there's always a better way to go about a situation.
Other info:
As I mentioned before, Blythe will be heavily incorporated in a story I'm forming with the characters I already have. She, coupled with Aislin, will be the 'good' juxtaposed with the 'bad' of my characters with Mafia ties. I put quotes around those, however, because there will always be grey areas, and that will have to be something that both Blythe and Aislin will have to learn to deal with. Sometimes, no matter how law-abiding and militaristic and their thoughts are, they'll have to admit that some criminal motives aren't entirely bad, and some governmental motives aren't entirely pure, either.

I may have more to add later, but if I do, I will be sure to add a note so that you know. For now, my brain is reeling because I'm actually TYPING and RESEARCHING what I've only been considering in my head. XD Hopefully, it's worthwhile. C:
Last edited by Drizzle on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drizzle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mi ainsel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 am

Nex wrote:The dog was left in a cage on the doorstep of Nex's facility, only with a note taped to it:
Vincent Rickman wrote:January 21, 2009
I have come to bring her back, after being a loyal companion for three years, she was no longer fit to operate among us. She's always been the trusty companion of the general, whom sent us out for nightly missions, but after his death, she turned violent and was no longer willing to obey any of our commands. She no longer listens to her her name Layka either, and in fact, she doesn't respond to any given stimilus. She's become a shell of her former self, and I was given the order to euthanise her, yet I simply could not. I hope she finds a better life with you.
- Signed, Vincent Rickman

From the journal of Nex:
Nex wrote:June 13, 2009
After having served in the military for three years, this Tracker Dog, previously going by the name of Layka, stopped functioning after having to deal with a severe mental blow. We've taken care of her injuries, and only some scars remain. The old equipment on her back has been restored and made to function well again. The night vision and movement sensors on her side work better than ever, but she's still unresponsive.

Nex wrote:March 28, 2010
It's absolutely wonderous how she's managed to recover. After taking care of her for so long, keeping her well able to work and live, she's willing to walk up to me and anyone else to greet them. She's no longer unresponsive, and will come when we call out. Yet, we have to use the term "girl" instead of her name. She won't respond to Layka, most likely due to the mental trauma she's been through. It's odd how a single person can affect a dog so much, yet in some way, it's heartwarming. I feel that she's well able to be adopted again, and used for her actual purpose. Nightly surveillance.

This ex-military dog is equipped with night vision that allow her to create an image of her surroundings, yet only works at night as the sunlight distorts the view. Her equipment is old in comparison to newer Trackers (see Peridot), but it functions well. She herself is one of the oldest dogs, and the first dog to be made for a single purpose. The equipment cannot be taken off, as some is attached directly onto her skin. She has several wounds, including clawmarks on her front right leg and a bitemark on her left back leg, they've healed and only scar tissue remains. She herself is fully recovered from the mental trauma, and will gladly follow orders from her new owner.

Form
Code: Select all
New name for her:
Reason you want her:
What will her new owner be like:
In which situations will she be placed:
Other info:

Bwahaha! Peridot will rule supreme!
This one's pretty, Nex, Good job!

My deviantART
Guess who’s back on CS? It’s been a while.
art by trashqrince <3

mi ainsel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 am

You could almost say that she was the prototype that led to Peridot's design. As they have the same purpose, but Peridot is just somewhat more hightech. Peridot has built-in features, while this one has not. They're both awesome though.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jezi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am

New name for her: Opportunità (it means opportunity in italian)
Reason you want her: Her background story makes my heart reach out to her. She seems to need only an new owner who will care for her, and handle her gently for risk of re-opening past emotional wounds.
What will her new owner be like: Will probably be a lot like me, but I'll make a specific character to be her owner if i get her, but they will be: Kind, Gentle, Understanding, Supportive, and will try to get Opportunità to push herself to do more without "breaking" her again, so that she can slowly become more of what she once was.
In which situations will she be placed: She will start off slowly, tracking down lost kids in safe conditions and eventually moving up to tracking escaped criminals, which will be a lot more dangerous, so it may be awhile before she is ready for it. She will be like any other pet when at home.
Other info: When at home she will have a special room for her to go in during the day, that doubles as my office, so that the light does not bother her night vision. She will constantly have a companion (other than me when I am working), who will most likely be either my character Atlas (he may have a crush on her) or my playful RP cat character, Faith. Both will keep her in a good mood, to help stop her from remembering her sorrowful past.

Adoption

I walked down the rows of kennels, looking at each tracker dog pen. Most of them were empty, their occupants seeming to have found a new home already. A few held puppies, waiting to become old enough to be put up for adoption. Only one held a full grown tracker dog. I knelt to look at the older-looking tracker dog, she seemed to be asleep, the sunlight from the window of her kennel coming in, but then I realized she was simply lying down, not asleep. She pricked her ears towards me, noticing my presence. The dog seemed to be trying to see me, looking at me with her glowing green eye-like goggles. Then I realized they must be night vision goggles I don't think she can see in the day... I thought to myself. why would they leave her in a sunny kennel? It must just be confusing her. Then I saw the note taped to her kennel door. She had been left here by her previous caretaker after her most faithful friend had passed. She had become resentful of orders and was no longer controllable by them. When she had come back here she had gone through many therapy-like sessions to get her to continue enjoying life. She had become better and better, and was now fit to be up for adoption again, though one would have to be careful not to call her by her old name, Layka, since it seemed to be a trigger that would bring back all of her sad memories. I quickly called a kennel worker over and said "I would like to adopt this dog". The kennel worker looked at her and said, "all right, but I should tell you, she has a troubled past"
"I know" I answered quickly, when the worker looked confused I explained "I read the note posted on her door, I understand she needs a caring owner" The worker nodded and then said,
"What will you call her? I need to know for the biography we keep on each tracker dog we adopt" I thought for a moment and then answered,
"I will call her Opportunità, because this will be her opportunity to make a new life, a happier life."

At home

I drove up to my house, eager to show Opportunità her new home and friends. I leaned back and gently covered her kennel with a dark blanket so that the sunlight would not bother her. I carried her into the house and then brought her to the darkest room in the house, the office where I did most of my work from home. I carefully set the kennel on the floor and opened the door. I stepped back a few feet and called to her "Opportunità" I saw her glowing green "eyes" turn towards me and then she slowly stepped out of the kennel, her nose working to smell everything around her. "Opportunità" I called again. This time she came ambling towards me, her eyes seeming to glow brighter with happiness. "Good girl" I cooed, rubbing along her ears and back. I heard a faint scratching on the door followed by a faint mew and a louder bark. Atlas and Faith... I thought, smiling, it was time for them to meet their new companion. I walked over to the door,Opportunità hesitated for a moment and then followed me a few steps before laying down, obviously sensing I was not actually leaving. I opened the door just enough for Atlas and Faith to squeeze in and then shut it quickly, knowing the light would interfere with Opportunità's vision. Atlas and Faith seemed startled by the darkroom with the odd glowing eyes moving in it. Faith backed away and Atlas whined, but as soon as Opportunità let out a curious woof (orat least thats what it seemed like, though it sounded old, with an underlying sadness beneath it) both Atlas and Faith relaxed and went up to Opportunità, exchanging scents and greeting eachother in every way animals do. It wasnt five minutes before they were playing with eachother, Opportunità's long, thin frame contrasting with Atlas' and Faith's longer fur, and somewhat chubby build (I tend to pamper my pets, but don't worry Opportunità will work enough to keep her fit, even with a little pampering). Slowly I heard the underlying sadness in Opportunità's bark go away, and it was replaced by a pure joy that comes only from being with those you love. I knew Opportunità would easily settle in here.

First Job

I was watching the news one day when I saw a story about a lost little boy who had been missing for nearly a week. His parents had been away to visit some friends, leaving him with a babysitter they had used many times, and that they thought they could trust. When they came back, the babysitter was gone and they could not find the little boy anywhere. They tried calling the babysitter and when she answered she said that when she had gone over there after the parents left she had not seen the boy and thought ther had taken him with them. Police were searching for any available dog to track down the boy, preferably ones that could work during the night since they had a few that could work in the day. Immediately I thought of Opportunità, she had been engineered to work in the night and she is a born tracker, being as she is a tracker dog. I called the police station as soon as I was sure I would be able to go out with her, and they accepted us right away. We started that night at 9 o'clock, just after sunset. I let Opportunità out of the car, holding on to the leash I had fastened to her tightly, as she was already straining to follow a scent. I could tell she was ready to work. As soon as the other police gave me the signal I unclipped Opportunità's leash, immediately having to run to keep up with the running dog. She definatley had the scent. Nearly an hour later she was still running, tracking the young boy. She had circled back every so often to make sure she had not lost us, but she never lost the scent once. I noticed she was starting to slow down little-by-little and I thought she must be getting close to the boy. Soon she stopped at the edge of a narrow stream, her nose sticking under a large rock. As I got closer I saw a little hand patting her muzzle gently. She found the boy! I thought excitedly. I quickly went over and lifted the boy out from under the rock, the whole time lathering Opportunità in pats and praising her. She had given the boy an opportunity to live, for he surely would not have survived on his own much longer, she had truly earned her name, for she truly was an Opportunità, for me to better myself, and for others to have another opportunity.

*edit: (I hope its OK that i'm editing my form, I was looking through the fan club and saw a few questions people were asking about eachother's tracker dogs, and I thought it might be a good idea for me to answer a few of them to round out Opportunità's personality)
Pandora<3 wrote:How does your tracker respond to their owner? Police? Strangers? Criminals? Children? Etc?

Opportunità is very comfortable around her owner, acting like any other dog, she will nuzzle you to get attention and lets you know when you forget to feed her. When she sees/smells police she knows she has a job to do. She becomes focused and ready to go almost instantly. Otherwise, she is indifferent towards police officers. Strangers and Criminals are the same thing to Opportunità, they can do anything, and she does not trust them. She is always on guard around them and is ready to protect her owner and her friends Atlas and Faith if at all necessary, though if her owner appears to trust them Opportunità will relax slightly but not completely lower her guard. Opportunità is strangely kind and caring towards children, despite the fact that it is very unlikely she had evre encountered them in her past. When sent on her first mission she had to track down a young lost boy. She found him fairly quickly and her owner found her sticking her head beneath the rock where the little boy was hiding, letting him pet her and pull on her ears, she almost appeared to be enjoying it.

Pandora<3 wrote:I'd like to ask you all two questions;
Does your Tracker have any mysterious secrets or perhaps items that mean something to them?
(Random, I know, but I was thinking that Alaric could have the tooth of a dog he has fought in order to protect Roselia on his neck (necklace), which is important to him)
What sort of area does your Tracker live in?

1st question:
Opportunità has only one mysterious secret. She had a traumatic loss while she was with her previous owner, and now she is deathly afraid of losing her new friends Atlas and Faith, and especially her owner. She finds herself desperate to make sure they are all still there every morning and she does not relax until each one of them is up each morning. As for items that mean something to her... She has a small piece of camo-printed cloth that reminds her of how wonderful it was to be in the army, and of her wonderful companion, the general. The cloth is not enough to bring back the painful memories of after the general died, in fact it almost seems to help her keep from going into the shell-like state of before.
2nd question:
Her owner lives in a suburb-like area where Opportunità must do most of her tracking in lightly wooded places with the occasional stream here and there. Since all of her tracking is done at night, her glowing green "eyes" and movement sensors are essential for her owner to keep track of her on the trail, without standing out to much to alert a run-away criminal of her presence. The soft ground covered mostly in leaves helps to mask the sound of her progress, though she is quite anyway to begin with.

I know that my story is kind of "wordy" in some places, but I knew what her story would be right away, and I couldnt get it down fast enough!
Last edited by Jezi on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Static. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:43 am

New name for her: Sinistra (It means 'LEFT' in Italian. I thought it was suitable since she was left behind.)
Reason you want her: I feel so bad for her; I just have to take her in. I can imagine the thoughts passing through her mind and the horror and confusion, the drama and the suspense that she must have felt. I want to give her a good home and teach her that there are people who care and that she is loved somewhere and has a place to go to whenever she feels alone. Besides, I've been trying to get a tracker for a while now.
What will her new owner be like: Rowan (I use that as the name for a number of RP characters and my fursona/not my real name) is kind and caring, and dose her best to bond with the tracker. She always tries to keep Sinistra's best interest in mind. She has a wonderful time training her and claims to be very proud of her dog. She describes Sinistra as a ". . .good substitute for a daughter."
In which situations will she be placed: Night surveillance. They attatched a computer monitor wirelessly to her original equipment, and She is able to scab areas and send the images directly to the monitor, where they are viewed by various government er . . . people.
Other info: I HAS A BACKGROUND STORY! YAYZ!

Why did he have to leave me? Why then? Why must I have gone through all this. I loved him, and they took him away from me. I do suppose I'm lucky, though. I don't very much enjoy going through my troubled past. I can't help it. When you love someone, their with you forever; whether or not you like it. It all started something like this . . .

[center]There were gunshots. Loud ones. I ran frantically, barking more like yelping, really, for him to come get me. They were here, and I was frightened. The battle was small, insignificant (to them,) but frightening nonetheless. He left me. He left me; why? Why did he leave me here, all alone? I heard him screaming. "'Layka! Get ou ' his last words were smothered as his comforting, warm brown eyes rolled back in his head. Paralyzed by far, shock, and many other undefinable and rather unpleasant feelings mingled inside my chest. I could just stand there, ignoring the crackling of my equipment caused by the cool sweat drenching mu skin, staring at his cold, lifeless, horrid body. The whites of his eyes staring at me. I could hardly realize a rough, leathery arm rap around my torso as I tried and failed to make sense of the mind-boggling situation. In war, people die. It's inevitable. But why him? The warm, smoky air rushed passed me as the arm dragged me off of the battlefield. I was young then. Ignorant. I didn't listen. If I had listened, I could have saved so many lives. Including my master's. My brain was on overload, and I didn't do what I should've. The man carrying me ducked under a branch I didn't. I was knocked unconscious.

I awoke in a cold room, sitting in a wicker basket.. My vision was hazy. My equipment had been hit, too, and it was crackling.
"We don't have enough funds to keep her or any other trackers for that matter."
"What do I do?" somebody replied helplessly.
"I need you to euthanize her."
"Layka? She's valuable she's useful. We can use her. Is it are only option?" The other must have nodded, because just then, I was lifted up; basket and all.

The man took me to a room. My equipment had been removed and I could see. I couldn't remember much; but I could remember the traumatizing battle. A man with sraggley, bristly grey hair frowned and slowly picked up a large needle, holding it up in the air. I recognized him a friend of my master. He was nice, and one of the last people I would expect to hurt me. He looked from the needle to me. His eyes darted around the room. The man picked up a piece of paper quickly scribbling a note down. Placing it in the basket, he tossed me into the back seat of an armored truck. We drove, say, two hours, to a large building. He put me gingerly on the doorstep, and left me there until early the next morning.

I awoke, depressed. I whined. I knew I was too old for that kind of thing, but I couldn't help it. My equipment was in the basket, and it clanked as I sat up. A woman came through the door, rubbing her eyes.

"We're closed! Can't you read?" She looked down and blinked, wide eyed. Picking up the note, and keeping a close eye on me, she read it, muttering to herself. She looked around, as if expecting someone to say that they made a mistake, and took me in. There, I lived for a long time. Why did they keep calling me 'Layka', as if they expected me to remember?They were good to me their. Finally, a woman came and adopted me. The latter took me home, and I'm retired; for the most part. I love her, but she'll never replace him.There are situations where I forget he's not there. I can still her him calling me. It's horrible. I can't bear it. This is why I specified "whether or not you like it." People'll tell you to remember 'the good times.' I must advise you otherwise. It just brings pain. Don't try and change me. Don't criticize my outlook on life. Don't try and make me feel better. I can't be cured. I'm tired; I'm old; I'm used.

This section is narrated by Rowan.

I kept muttering to myself, saying nothing in particular, just muttering; kind of thinking aloud. The windows of my silver sedan were streaked with rain as I drove along the highway. It was just a little pleasure drive to keep me sane in my busy life. I decided that I should stop somewhere. I didn't care where on pleasure drives like this, you don't exactly care wherever the heck you end up, as long as you can find your way back. This was a normal road that I knew pretty well. I turned to the left, taking a short detour. In about two minutes, I came to a vacant looking building. I heard noises inside; it couldn't be vacant. I cocked my head slightly and parked. I went up to the door, and tested the knob to see it it was open which it was. I lightly pushed the heavy entrance and almost winced as it creaked slowly open. Cautiously, I put my left foot forward, followed by my right. I walked down the hall. I could see eyes of all shapes and sizes peering up on me. Quickening my pace, I continued down the hall, my mind dancing on the idea of turning back. I guess that the idea was out-voted, because my curiosity pushed me forward. In what seemed like forever, but was probably only 15 seconds, I was greeted by a, may I say, slightly queer woman sitting on a desk, filling out paper work. I stared, not paying any attention whatsoever to my manners. The woman peered u, blinked, and shoved the papers into her desk.

"How may I help you?" she said in a slightly forced sounding polite voice, that made me suspect I had interrupted something.
"Hu . . . Huh?" I said stupidly, being dragged back down to Earth.
"How . . . May . . . I . . . Help . . . You . . .?" she said in an annoyingly slow voice. I blushed.
"Oh! I 'm quite sorry. But . . . would you mind telling me what this place is?"
The woman shrugged. "Tracker Dog Adoption Center."
"T Tracker Dogs? Would you mind showing me some? If it's not to much of a bother of course."
"Sure," she said unenthusiastically.

We walked into the hallway I had come out of. She flipped a switch on the left side of the hall, and I heard barking, the 'Tracker Dogs' obviously expecting attention. I looked wide-eyed at the cages before me. They looked like like like nothing I've ever seen before. When you got close, they were actually a bit cute. I scratched one of the pups under it's chin as it wagged its tail and almost grinned. I giggled as another one licked my hand.

"Are these ones up for adoption?"
"No," she replied.
"Oh how rude of me. What may I call you, ma'am?"
"Just Nex," the latter replied. "You have to adopt a full grown one, unless you hire me to breed to of them."
"Oh," I said in disappointment, looking at the cages around me. Almost all of the adults had the dots indicating who they were for crossed out meaning they had an owner. My eyes wandered to a cage with a red dot painted sloppily on the front. I crawled on my knees and approached the cage.

"Hey . . . How are you doin' in there?" I asked the old tracker. She turned away from me, whimpering. I noticed the scars on them back of her head and felt a pang of pity for the creature.

"Can I adopt her?" I asked excitedly.
"Sure," Nex said, as usual, without much enthusiasm. I got up and followed her to the desk she had been at before. She opened the drawer she had stuffed the paper into and placed them neatly on the table. She clicked a pen.

"What's your name?"
"Rowan; do you need a full name?"
"No. What shall you name her?" I thought. I had been taking classes in Italian.
"Sinistra."
"Uh-huh . . ." she quizzed me more, jotting things down as she went. Finally, she picked up a wooden block and an ink pad. Tapping the block neatly onto the pad, she slammed it onto the paper, and shoved into the opposite drawer. Picking up her keys, Nex went back down the hallway, me power walking to keep up. She unlocked the cage in which the dog now named "Sinistra" had been and handed me a care sheet. I took Sinistra home, reading the care sheets at stoplights. This is how I got my baby.

I might add more. I do hope I get her. It seems unlikely with all these great forms ;) Congrats to anyone who gets her♥!
Last edited by Static. on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Static.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mi ainsel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 am

New name for her: Onyx Fahhrenheit Nighteagle
Onyx- see Unit 1314. Fahrenheit- Heat-Cold-detector. Nighteagle- Night working tracker, slightly bulkier gear than usual.
Reason you want her: I think she deserves a good home, and think it would be nice if she and Peri could work togethe, old tech and new tech-who knows, maybe she could stop Peridot from charging headfirst into trouble!
What will her new owner be like: Her new owner is a close friend of Saphiri, a pretty young girl named Kashtia, whose Tracker Dog, Marilyn, was killed trying to stop a criminal a year ago. Kashtia grieved for Marilyn, and was dismissed from her work, as it was feared she, like all the others who had lost their dogs, who never recover, but finally, meeting her friend's tracker, Peridot, brought her out of her state of depression and back into active service as a member of the 1314 Tracker-Human unit, of whom she is one of the people who searches for the hideouts of criminals.
She keens for a tracker partner, but not a new one- one with experience in battle, who knows the pain of losing your partner-for-life, and knows the world like her. Onyx is perfect.
In which situations will she be placed: Onyx is one of 12 Trackers in the 1314 Tracker-Human dog unit, a unique experimental tracker group who dedicate their lives to catching criminals. They are all named after precious gems, as they are 'the gems of the Police force.' Onyx herself goes out with Peridot and Peridot's young daughter, Kurono, to track criminals in virtual unreachable places, using their hi-tech sensors.
Other info:

For the 54th time in the day, the door creaked open and a girl with green hair came in. I looked up, squinting against the dim sunlight. Stupid summertime, who like this season anyway?..
A young grey and black Tracker pup pushed open the door with her head and padded inside, looking at me with sensors like mine- implanted in the side of her head.
How is that possible?..
A few seconds later, a young green adult Tracker, also with implanted optics, herded a slightly scared looking African girl in the door.
"Saph-I don't think I can take it." The girl sobbed, and I heard the tone of my own voice echoed within hers.
She too has lost her partner-for-life... I thought sadly, whining to reassure her.
The green Tracker looked up, and I got my first look at her. She was young and headstrong, with optics vastly improved from mine, and flank sensors as well! The pup was virtual the same, but her optics showed her heartbeat.
Hmm, useful. I thought. These dogs are really new! They studied me and spoke directly to my radio earpiece. <Hello, Our names are Peridot Fahreheit Nighthawk and Kurono Fahrenheit Nightowl. Are you an unreachable tracker too? You have bulkier equipment, but it looks like it does the same thing as ours. Can you see in the dark too?>
My word, I've never heard anyone ask so many questions! The green tracker was the main speaker, the one named Peridot, and the black and grey pup was clearly her daughter, they had the same middle name, they depended on skills, which were usually passed down. I was a Fahreheit too, but I had no first name anymore. I had abandoned it as a sacrifice to my old life; when my master, died, so did my old identity.
I dismissed the inquisitive young trackers, watching the girl, who had stopped crying and was gazing at me, enthralled.
"Hi, girl." She breathed, bending down. "We're both the same, aren't we?"
<Indeed> I thought-spoke.
She was about to say something else, then the door came crashing open, letting a bright shaft of sunlight in. I yelped and hid from the blinding light.
"Officer Carsima!" boomed a voice, as a man walked into the room, scowling at Peridot, Saphiri, and the little pup, Kurono.
My head snapped up at the name, the girl was named Carsima? That had been my old master's name, Sirex Carsmina!
The girl looked back at me nervously, confused by my strange reaction.
"KASHTIA CARSIMA!" The man yelled. "Look at me! What the hell are you doing in here with that lump of junk?"
"She's not a lump of junk, why is she in here?" Kashtia said defiantly.
The man's voice softened slightly as he looked at the girl's tear-streaked face. "Look, darling; this Tracker hasn't responded to anything or anyone since her master died. She's due to be destroyed, we have no use for her, and as you can see, she's outdated. It would be cruel to make her forgot Officer..." The man trailed off, looking confused.
"Officer Carsima..."
Kashtia's eyes widened.
"Do you mean to tell me that this is the Tracker of Sirex Carsima?" She snarled, advancing on the man. "And you were going to kill her? My brother Sirex Carsima's famous tracker, the first of the Fahrenheit Dogs?" She was right up in his face now, and yelling, Saphiri gasped, Peridot and Kurono both stared at me with renewed vigour, but I didn't care, I was too confused by the words. Kashtia's words- my master's sister.
The man had got over his fear of the angry young girl and called two people in white coats in.
"Look now, Kashtia, she's old, and you aren't over Marilyn yet. Besides, there isn't a gem name to describe her, Obsidian and Jet are taken." He signaled the men to open my cage, and I cowered at the back, whining in terror.
"Her name is Onyx." Kashtia said in a flat voice. "And I won't let you take her."
The large man just laughed and patted her on the head like a small child. "Forget it, girl, we'll get you a puppy."
Kashtia roared in anger and changed, no longer a young African girl with a rainbow coloured fringe, but a black wolf, with said fringe, and gleaming yellow eyes. She hissed at the man, who was frozen in terror, and batted aside the men, before returning to her human form, my metal collar in her hand.
"Here's what's going to happen." She said in a pleasant voice, eyes narrowed. "I'm going to take Onyx here, and I'm going to join 1314 again. You are going to resign for daring to suggest that this valuable Tracker should be killed. And we'll all be happy."
The man laughed and Kashtia spoke again in a hissing, exotic tone. "Obey me!"
The man nodded, turned and left the room.

I could just hear him conversing with the secretary as we walked out.
"Let 1314 know that Officer Carsima and Dog 153, now called Onyx, are partnered."
The secretary nodded. "Status?"
"Ready for duty."
Last edited by mi ainsel on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

My deviantART
Guess who’s back on CS? It’s been a while.
art by trashqrince <3

mi ainsel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eternalglitch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 am

New name for her: Night Stalker
Reason you want her: She fits me perfectly. Her desighn has ceremony and steath at the same time. She would be perfect at so many things!
What will her new owner be like: Kind, gently corrective and lets her roam as long as she comes back. There is never harsh words, as she had has enough in life. :)
In which situations will she be placed: Guarding parks from burglers, Murders and Kidnappers and others. She would be also to fight and make sure everyone is safe at night.
Other info:

Her Dreams: Running through the wind, without her technology. It hurts and she wishes it was off her for good. She wishes to run through the sand, spraying sand up and the wind reaching where her technology was.

Nightmares: Being put more technology on when dragged off to a secret lab with no help anywhere and treated worse than a cockroach. Being Alone in the world.

Fight moves known:
Back kick; Enemy surprise approaching from behind her, rear up in front legs kick out with both back kicks. Land on all feet and spin around to face enemy.
Pummel; Rear up on back legs, unleash one paw then the other. Do as long as possible and if enemy tries to dart underneath, drop full wait down to crush the opponet.
180 Spin kick; If 2 or more enemys approaching, kneel close to ground and then when there practiculy on top of her spin halfway then spin helfway the other way.
360 Spin lunge; If enemy leaps onto back, spin full way around. When they are loose, leap forward and abbrutley stop. Enemy will slide off.
Pinned Bite; Leap onto foe and pin it down with her paws. Then lean head down, get focased on the sounds around you so you arent surprised and nip their chest. If to the death fight, bite full down on their throat.
Sneak attack: Slink up to enemy. Swipe your paw out and yank there paws out from under them. Procede whith Pinned Bite attack or other pinning moves.
Jumping Head Start; Run full speed and leap onto enemys shoulders. rake claws down side of face, leaps down and procedes to sneak attack.
Shocker; As enemys body touches part of the technology, control your temper and let it gboil then unleash it. Anger makes body shock foe.
Rack Claws: Shriek and when enemy spins toward you, claw their face or legs and leap onto them and dig all claws into them and bite down. Hard.

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite time in the world: Midnight. The silence is a relief and she hates too much noise and crowds.

Favorite Food: Fish! She loves the ocean and the taste makes her so happy!

History:

Night

The man in black streaked away from her. She was on his heels! She bounded after him, and swiped his feet from under him. He fell, and toppled over. Quaick as a flash, Layke was on him. Soon his life was done.

Janurary 1 2009

She was back. Her mission to get rid of the intruder human assasin was done. Layka proudly swaggered in the tracker dog door. No, HER door. The other tracker dogs were like goons. All muscle, no brain. She could beat them in battle with wits anyday. Her bite from one of them on her back leg still hurt. She padded up to the generals work room. AAhh! She was under shade. Her sencer turned on. She glanced around, and hurried on. The general was at his study, writing he looked up. "Layka! You little amazing stalker! Once again, you came through! We just might win the war!" He picked up up, And he laughed when she covered him in licks. He placed her by the window, on a large dog bed he had made himself. It was made from a black leather. The color soothed her, and although she was by the window, it was painted of a midnight scene. She curled up, and he tossed her a fish to eat. She settled down, and started knawing at it.

Janurary 2 2009

Morning! Layka leaped up. She ran to the generals side, and licked his hand. He didnt wake up. Something was wrong. The hand was so... cold. She paused. Then, fearing the worst, bit his hand. Blood slowly welled, but it was cold and he did not even twitch. She hopped up. He was sprwled ou on the bed, long and looking sleepy. His face had a half smile on it, and on his lap... a collar. She nosed it, and looked at the license. He had been planning to adopt her finally, for when the war ended. Now she would never see his house. Or feel his hand, feel his smile or hear his laugh. She tipped back her head and howled. The raw grief in it startled the fighters, and human and tracker dog feet alike were heard coming up the stairs. She didnt remember the rest. Medics came, silence, loudness, tears and sorrow.He was dead. Hands picked her up, and all of a sudden she snarled. ONLY THE GENERAL PICKED HER UP!!! She bit his hand and raced back to the general. She put her paws on his chest and licked his face once more. Then she was grabbed, and stuffed into a cage.

Januarary 5 2009

Days had passed. It didnt matter though. Her pain was the same. She was trapped with the dum dogs in the kennels. Once or twice, humans came in to hold her and comfert her. But she drove them off. She drove all of them off. She didnt want their love. She wanted her beloved owner, the general back! She was furious for falling for ahumans heart especally after her first soldier she had been owned by had been killed! But this was worse. She had LOVED the general! It wasnt fair! Nothing went right for her! Choking on her salive drooling tears, she crept to the corner and curled up.

Januarary 20 2009

How long had it been? Weeks, Months? Layka had once heard that only time healed broken hearts. They were liars. She had now assulted 59 people in less than a month on HER OWN SIDE!!! She hated them all. Soon she heard the lowered voices outside of her cage. A Tracker dog came in, followed by a human. "You are SURE you want to get rid of Layka? She has so much potental!" The human said sadly. A human, by the name of Vincent Rickman walked in. "Yes." He said sadly. "Her only chance is the Nex Labs and Adoption Center." I was sure right then my wide eyes widened farther. Nex Kennels?!? That was where all tracker dogs had come from! And only.. unwanted ones were sent back. Hmmph. Then if I was going to be sent back, I would change too.

Januarary 21 2009

She arrived in a box. Nex opened it and read the letter. Then she was picked up and taken inside. She was so gently coaxed that she almost fell for it. Almost. She refused to answer to her name. It was a link to... she forgot who. Or so she told herself. She truly would never forget him. As her night vision and such increaced, she felt numb. What was the point?

June 12 2009

She was still here. After she had bit a assistent, she had been whacked and felt a bruise on her face. She was feeling like a ghoest. No real purpose in life. It had already ended. Nex was so gentle... she was slipping under a spell. Just then, the door opened. It was Nex. She trotted out, and the door was shut behind her.

March 28 2010

"Girl!!! Here Girl!!!" Layka (Now Girl) padded out, into the darkness. Her spirits high and soul healed, she raced into A assistants arms. She was put into the adoption Center, and soon she was to have another family.
eternalglitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby To Kill The Necarae » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm

New name for her: Ohms (It's a measure of energy, and part of her story)

Reason you want her: Because I fell in love with her. And her design.

What will her new owner be like: Me? I'll keep her happy and well-entertained in my character thread, with a good story. (which may soon become a website)

In which situations will she be placed: Because she's an out-dated model, she will most likley be used as more of an around-the-job animal, and not so much as a true tracker. Unless...

Other info:
March 17
Training Branch 009

Our newest arrival has been set up. She's an old OHMS, or Overnight Hybrid Mechanical System. Originally used to track at night, she's a pre-curser to some of the most important technologies that we have access to now days. Her systems, although outdated, still contain some useful information that has been misplaced or otherwise forgotten. Although her card states that she is fully recovered from mental wounds, I suspect otherwise, given the cowering behavior displayed when out in the dog-run this afternoon.

March 18
Training Branch 009

Apparently I cannot read. Her card states that her equipment does not function correctly in bright daylight, which would explain why she was so submissive yesterday. Poor Ohms. We are lucky to have such a dedicated night shift, as they feed and walk her while we cannot. She is quite intent on tracking moving things, like a vole in the brush or a rabbit in the fern. I wonder if she could not be put to use in the training run, perhaps as a demonstration dog?

March 20
Training Branch 009

Ohms was 'put through the paces', as one might say. We were forced to administer these tests in the dark because of her light sensitivity, and to our great surprise she passed them all with flying colors. We will re-integrate her with our other Trackers over the course of the next week, and hopefully we can add her to the demonstration lineup. She scored the highest in pursuit, so most likely we will employ her in the general direction of that field.

WIP
Icon by Wendigo

I love my Tracker. <3

To Kill The Necarae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby It'sGray » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:44 am

New name for her: Noche Girl (I suppose we'll call her 'Girl', as that's the only name she responds to?)

Reason you want her: Oh mai. -Deep breath- Well, having been through many hardships has definatly effected this brilliant girl. I feel that she is unlike the others, having experiences that none of them have had. This will make her stronger in the future, and hopefully she will still be willing to please after her loss. Anywho, I hope to use her lightly for night rescues. Children are often abducted or lost in the evening/night, and no parent wishes to go even one night with their beloved lost in the dark. She has had a hard time in the past, though, so I will bring her back into work slowly, giving her time to adjust after her 'extended vacation'. In addition, she is stunning. The Tracker Dog species is brilliant, and I hope to soon have one of my own.

What will her new owner be like: Her new owner (me) will be very dedicated and delicate. I won't let the same thing happen again, and hope this will be her forever home. I won't push her too far, as I don't want her past to trigger any former reactions. Hoping her to be able to help young children, I will keep her under control and make sure she's in a loving environment. I will also be responsable, as I am aware of the damage Tracker Dogs can enflict on anyone, be it their owner or a target. She will have plenty of freedom, and I will do anything it takes to make her comfy. : )

In which situations will she be placed: As stated above, I hope to use her for night rescues. When spotlights and flashlights are the only lighting available, suspects have an easier chance to get away. By having the now-enhanced sensors, I hope she will be able to locate more lost people and/or criminals. Children also take better to animals than adults. (i.e. if a 6-year-old ran away from home, they would most likely run from the police, whereas they might approach/follow a dog.) This would also be very helpful and I'm sure she would serve well to the community.

Other info: Although I don't have a story, I would love to make one for her if I am granted ownership. She will recieve a lot of loving, i.e. many illustrations and possibly a spot on my own website.
It'sGray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadDogAlliance » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 am

New name for her: Virus
Reason you want her:I love the fact that she is ex army.I never had a trackerdog before.I love the way she looks.And I will use her in many defrent places.
What will her new owner be like:Her owner would be law and order. Keeping her under contlar and not leting her atack other people.But still loving giving her the space she needs with a gentle hand to rub her belly when she need and wants some one two love.She will be with other dogs that will be ketp away from her tell she is ready to meetthem slowly
In which situations will she be placed:She will be broutgh into a house with large trackes of land to run in and frendes to meet.With many sightes and smells she will never be bord. She will also be in a traning progame for other dogs, helping them to work at night in hard condishons.She will fight with them and work on a team of the highly taried dogs to track down bomers and hard owened teraest.
Other info:
The team she will be working with is Rainman a huge greman shepered with riped ears, Black a white smaler dog used to run into smaller arears to find wepoanes and other things, Mars a red wolf she is a traired atacker, and Leslie the handeler she is tough and hard haned.

Leslie wirghtes
It was a hard bust.I rember looking in and only see blackness.No one expaeted the dogs to see or do any thing in the blackness.We could not have light in there at all or they would run.Vuires came in handy claming down and brigne back the poison
BadDogAlliance

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me