Re: Brindle Dapple Grey Freckled Splash Tobiano

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:36 am

Closing this in 4 hours.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Sorry everybody for the wait, but I had to go out on a trip and got a little busy right after I returned. I'll have this adopt judged by sunday at most ^^.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~

~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Staz wrote:Username: Staz

Name: Isolde

Type: Runner

Height: 1,15 m

Story:

Isolde was born in the midst of a cold winter night. Named for the white markings that crawl along the borders of her silhouette, Isolde had always been told her pelt resembled arctic ice meeting the dark open ocean. Because of this, and the coastal regions where she was brought up, she developed a certain connection with the sea, as well as the creatures living by it.

Wandering from the herd at an early age to go visit her sea dwelling friends her mother often scolded her for slipping away from the herd and going off on her own. Isolde would talk to many of the sea creatures she’d come across, despite her mothers warnings to keep away from them. Her mother was worried Isolde would get herself into trouble and somehow end up drowned in the sea.
“Don’t talk to strangers.” she would say worriedly.
However, like any inquisitive, healthy nuglet, she wanted to go out and explore. And explore she did.

Venturing from the herd while just a few months old while with a friend, she journeyed to the beach, smiling as she spotted some seals basking in the sun. She had never seen seals before, and she could not help but feel something oddly pleasant about the image of a mammal like herself gliding through clear waters.
As she started approaching the animals, her friend gave her a bit of a warning look. “Your mom told you not to talk to strangers.” she reminded Isolde sternly.
“I know I know! Im just looking!” she said, rolling her eyes as she got closer, lashing her tail slightly as if swatting away a pest.

A bird landed by one of the seals, pecking the rocks for small bugs. Lifting her head, the seal smiled and greeted the bird, proceeding to ask the bird how its day was and so on and so forth, introducing herself as ‘Margarette.’
Isolde watched the two figures intently, her forelegs twitching as she itched to interrupt their conversation in the hopes of introducing herself, the young wide eyed nuglet wanting to make her presence known.
Very suddenly, as if by command, she blurted out.
“You know, you shouldn’t talk to strangers.”

The seal and bird looked over at her, silence holding for a few long moments before Margerette then burst into laughter. “O-oh is that right dear?”
Blushing, Isolde nodded adamantly, unsure why the seal reacted to her words the way she did. “Whats so funny?”
The small, proud looking little fawn held herself high, her nostrils flaring lightly and her ears twitching frantically.

“O-oh nothing dear. What is your name?”
Isolde’s friend opened her mouth to intervene, however, Isolde’s tongue was quicker. “Isolde!” she proclaimed.
“Isolde…what a charming name.”
The seal and nuglet proceeded to chat for a good long while, before the seal returned to the sea and Isolde walked home with her friend.

"We should have left hours ago!"
Isolde shrugged, "We'll be back soon enough. I bet the herd didn't even miss us." Isolde said with a tone every bit as naive as her statement.

Little did they know that this time, they had been out long enough for the whole herd to get worried for them. As they came over the hill back towards the herd, a doe cried, “Isolde! She’s there! And so is Tamalla!”
A large buck emerged from the group and made his way over, snorting, followed by Isolde’s mother who looked both relieved and furious at the same time. It was a truly startling expression, that made both nuglet’s freeze on the spot.

“Where were you?” the buck asked sharply.
“W-we were on the beach.” Tamalla said, swallowing back any other words she wished to say.
“Doing what?”
“I was…I was talking to a seal.” Isolde said quietly.

Isolde’s mother immediately pinned her ears. “Isolde! Seals are carnivorous! You could have been hurt! Id told you not to talk to strangers! What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I-I know you told me not to talk to strangers, but …the seal was talking to a strange bird, so I went over to her to tell her not to talk to strangers. Cause I remembered what you told me.” The small nuglet bowed her head a little, her words followed by nothing but blank stares.

Just like with Margerette however, soon, roaring laughter was heard. And Isolde did not know what was so funny.

“W-why are you laughing??” she protested, blushing until her ears burned. “No laughing!” Standing right in front of the lead buck she snorted, looking flustered and upset.

The buck chuckled, trying to force back his chortles as he cocked his head. Did this nuglet really not understand the irony of the situation? The fact she was telling a stranger not to talk to strangers?

Isolde was later on teased by a few of the older nuglet’s about what had occurred,and so while to others this situation may seem like the result of a harmlessly adorable slip up, to Isolde, this moment is one of her most embarrassing. It had been in front of the whole herd, and to this day, the elders still tell this story to their young.

Congrats! It was an extremely hard decision, however, between Staz's and Verdana's entries. I loved both equally, specially the creativity of the idea behind each story, and so I'm willing to give Verdana a runner-up for this nukitta. ^^

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~

~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PerfectWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

ahhhh gosh thank you so much! Im over the moon<33
Congrats Verdana on the runner up! c:
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Well done Staz! Brilliant story!

I'd love a runner-up, Lilian! Thank you so much!
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me