Re: ilu

Postby albinoBroccoli » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Okay! So I didn't meant to disregard everyone else's suggestions and all the approvals of the name of Abyss, but that name wasn't clicking with me. It doesn't seem like a name someone would give to their child, which is what I think about a lot when naming characters. I started thinking about types of abysses, though...I've had thoughts about the Mariana Trench for this one for a while. I finally looked up the meaning of the name Mariana. Turns out it's the female form of Marianus, which is derived from the name Marius. And Marius was the name I tried to use for the original JBD I got this RU from! Marius seemed too light to go with this darker bean, and somehow Mariana fits much better. I was hoping to make this one a male so I would have an equal amount of each gender for my four JBDs. But screw that! I love Mariana. The only other downside is that it's so similar to my fursona Marina's name. \o/

TLDR; This one is now a girl named Mariana!

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Glad you managed to work out a name! :D

By the way, I wanted to ask-- would it be okay to say she and Basil are actually related? ^^ (His story says he was split from any family he had early on, so it's not totally ruled out. Not sure exactly how it'd be handled for Mariana though...)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qualeo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:46 am

Mariana is a cute name actually haha <3
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me