NA

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]
Last edited by MustangKnight on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
** FREE ITEMS, JUST TRADE **
* COMMISSIONS OPEN *
MustangKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Franklin

Postby Bella278436 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:01 pm

So excited to have this beautiful boy, and work out a deal with Wild c:
I decided to have Wildhorse name him, and this boy's name will be Franklin c:
He still needs a show name, but I'm too busy to think of one atm...

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Bella278436 wrote:
So excited to have this beautiful boy, and work out a deal with Wild c:
I decided to have Wildhorse name him, and this boy's name will be Franklin c:
He still needs a show name, but I'm too busy to think of one atm...

The Turtle
Turtle
XD
JKJK I dunno XD

EDIT
Found a name for mine =D
Not the best but, he does make me think of trees
so how about
Douglas (for 145)
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella278436 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:55 pm

The First Touch

Over the past few days, many changes have been made to my now growing farm. Just yesterday, a new, empty paddock with a nice, white new fence, unlike my old, slightly rotted current one. I also had another section of trees removed, significantly smaller, for a riding pen. I decided to leave the fence empty for now, hopefully, everyone would get along well with Franklin! For now, I won't be bringing my Neravontiis into either new areas, I decided I'd let them get used to the neighboring paddock. I figured that it might take some time before I would take anyone into the new riding pen, since it wasn't a dirt and grass bottom, it was fresh sand. Luckily for me, the cold didn't make it any harder for the builders to get all the fence posts in, its been warming up lately, but they called for snow tomorrow, which is when I planned on having my first ride on Fiona. I only just put the saddle on her for the first time the day 2 days ago, but things needed to be sped up.

Talking about speeding things up...hmm... Ferris and Franklin should be here by now... I check my watch, and look up at the road ahead of me. Unlike the past few, freezing, days, I didn't have to bundle up this time as I waited. Time passed, and I checked my watch frequently. No sign of the trailer. I assume that they must be running late, and I turn to the new paddock. Although it is slightly muddy from the snow melting, it has a new look to it. The grass is tall, very tall, where the neighboring paddock, only inches away, has grass down to a nub. My Neravontii's mainly hunt when Ferris is around, he's their stallion, and he protects and watches over "his" mares, which includes catching multiple birds for everyone, except Fern. However, with Ferris gone, Fay, Fara, and Fiona had to depend on themselves for catching their own birds, and while Fay and Fara were fine, Fiona didn't like the idea of it when Fern was watching.

All of a sudden, I hear the familiar rolling noise of wheels running up the dirt road to my house. I waited happily for the return of Ferris, and the new arrival of his son, who was named Franklin, by his mother's, Ghosts', owner. I waved as the trailer came to a stop, and I walked over to the truck. We talked for a bit, and discussed the best possible way to get Franklin and Ferris into the paddock. I quickly ran up to the small shed and took two halters from the rack. One significantly smaller, simple rope halter, and a large dark green, nylon halter that had Ferris' name engraved onto it. I also picked up two random lead lines from the hook right next to the door as I shut it, shutting the door and receiving the lead lines in one swing of an arm. Once I had gotten over to the large trailer, Ferris was in the back. "Hey buddy, miss me?" I laughed as I threw my arms around him. Ferris lowered his head a little, but he didn't change his body position in the trailer. He was guarding something. Confused, I soon realized that it was his son. I couldn't see his full son, only his small legs and beginning of his body, hidden behind Ferris's body.

I take Ferris' halter and place my hand over his forehead, asking him to lower his alert head. He did so, and I slipped on his halter. Buckling Ferris' halter, I heard a small cry from Franklin, probably missing his mother and brother. I was yet to actually see Franklin, all I saw so far were pictures his mother's owner had sent me, and I was eager to see him for the first time. Quickly, I clipped the lead line to Ferris' halter, and I turned around. I walked down the long trailer ramp, and once no longer hearing Ferris' feet on the metal ramp, I quickly turned my head around to get a peek at his foal. Wow... he's even prettier in person! I turned Ferris around so he was facing his colt. Ferris held his head high, he was a proud father. I tied Ferris to the side of the trailer on a long lead, so he could walk around and comfort his foal. I took a few steps into the trailer, Franklin looked right at me, terrified to not have his father with him. He whinnied and cried, and Ferris came running to his aid. Quickly, Ferris shot his head in the trailer, and snorted at his son. I could tell he was getting a bit sick of his son being so needy.

I kneeled down in the trailer, so Franklin was taller than me. I held my hand out, and he looked at me curiously. Gently, he lowered his head down to me, and I kept my hand still. He placed small his muzzle into the palm of my hand. His breath was warm and gentle on my hand. I stood up, Franklin was about eye level with me, maybe a little taller. He seemed to be tall for a Neravontii his age, but I shrugged, and looked at Ferris. He seemed to like the idea that I was "taking care of" his son for him. I held out the rope halter, and let franklin sniff it. He seemed to have already trusted me, as I easily placed his nose through the small, rope circle, and I knotted the ends of the rope halter to make it fit his tiny little face. Carefully, I lead Franklin out of the trailer, one hand under his chin, the other holding the extra rope, and I walked him next to his father. I pulled the knot undone on Ferris' lead line, and unclipped the lead line from Ferris. I didn't bother to hold Ferris' lead line, he knew what was expected of him, he was a loyal Neravontii. Together, I walked Franklin towards the fence gate, where I saw Fay standing right in the path of the fence gate, her head tilted, unsure of what to make of the small Neravontii next to me. ohh goodness... now I have to introduce everyone... Ferris and Fiona had never met, so this was going to be interesting introducing two Neravontiis to Fiona, and introducing Franklin to everyone else... I let out a sigh, and continued walking towards the fence gate.

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella278436 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm

The First Saddle

Slowly, I finally got myself out of my warm, heated house, and into the cold outdoors. A brisk wind sent a chill down my spine, and I huddled up in my huge, marshmallow like coat. The new paddock had a shiny new white fence. Still, I didn't put any new Neravontii's in the paddock, I wasn't ready to separate anyone, just yet. A short ride away from the new paddock was a riding arena. I had planned on tacking up Franklin for the first time there, along with Felicity, my newest Neravontii.

I already had my halter and lead line in my hands as I opened the paddock's fence gate. I moved the metal gate so it was a small opening. I saw Fern and Felicity grazing near each other, but not next to one another. They liked each other, and despite Felicity not being a vegetarian, she didn't like to eat the birds. They were her friend. But Felicity still didn't like other Neravontiis too much, she'd much prefer to be with the birds. Then, I saw Fiona, Fara, and Fay grazing together. Next to them, a small distance away, was Ferris. Beside Ferris, was a pair of 4 small redish green legs, and a short tail swinging side to side. I smiled, I found my target.

I waddled over to the herd of Neravontiis grazing in the paddock. Everyone looked up at me as I approached them. Fay turned her head curiously, confused. Usually, unless we were going for a ride this early, I was feeding everyone breakfast. But I had already fed them this morning, I was getting an early start on my day, Today I planned to put the first saddle on not only Franklin, but Felicity as well.

Once I had gotten Franklin situated in the new riding ring, and the old training tack into the arena, I tied up Franklin to a post inside the arena. My frozen fingers had red tips as I tied a quick-release knot with the rope. I brushed my hand up and down Franklin's back, and around in circles under his belly where the girth would go. He fidgeted when I touched under his belly, I'll make sure to keep the girth loose the first few times I tack him up. I gave Franklin a good pat on the neck, and I slid the saddle pad from under the heavy and bulky saddle. I gently placed it on his back, and he walked to the side away from me. I rubbed the saddle pad against his neck, then his back, acting as if it were just an extension of my hand. Eventually, he didn't move away from it anymore, and I continued to tack him up.

With the saddle pad on correctly(well, it was on correctly, but it was big on him), I stood up on a new mounting block I had bought to I was extra tall than normal since Franklin was still not done growing. I held the saddle in my arms, and waited until Franklin was okay with me and the large saddle. Carefully, I threw my arms up in one swinging motion and placed the saddle on his back. I laughed to my self, and let out a chuckle or two, the saddle looked so goofy on his! I walked around to the other side of Franklin and tightened the girth all the way, but it was still loose on him. "You need to gain some meat," I told him jokingly. Franklin's feet couldn't stay still, and when I walked near him, he would move away from me, or stamp his feet, and cry and whine, but there was a hint of him being nervous at the large thing on his back, despite him trusting me around him. He knew I would never hurt him, but I could scene some fear in him. I could tell by Franklin's face expression, he was not a fan of this. Franklin looked around, searching for his father to comfort him. Franklin let out a few cries, as if his dad were his servant, and he was supposed to tend to his every need. and this need, was getting the saddle off his back.

I shook my head at the young colt, I really hope he grows out of this, "I need this, and that, and I need it now, and I won't stop until I get it." stage soon... His winning didn't stop until I got him to stand still, where I could finally take the saddle off. In the time, I guess the knot had gotten loose, because by the time his saddle was off, Franklin was running around like a mad man. He needed to just run, and get it out of his system, I guess... What ever, I laughed. I ran over to Franklin to try and stop him, so I could bring him into the paddock with Ferris, and I could take Felicity to tack up as well.

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella278436 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 am

The First Ride

I tightened the girth on my boy. "Ready for our ride today?" I asked in a cheerful mood. Franklin let out a sigh, well, a snort, but it was his way of sighing. Franklin, not so dependent on his father since he grew up much more, still, he wasn't a fan of riding. He'd much prefer to be in the empty paddock, which I recently decided to start using, slowly introducing one Neravontii at a time to play and run around, where he can run up and down the sides of the fences, and not have to worry about running into anyone else, or Fay wanting to join in, as she never left Franklin, or me, alone.

This should go pretty well, as long as Franklin doesn't hate the feeling of me on his back, all should go to plan! Besides, it went fine three days ago with Felicity... With the girth tightened to the correct amount, and the saddle neatly on his back. While holding Franklin's lead line in one hand, with the other, I reached out in front of me to pick up his bridle, which was neatly draped over the new fence in the new riding ring. Some of the dirt on the ground was still untouched, as if I hadn't been in here before. I walked closer to Franklin, creating the space between us minimal, and I rested the long lead line over his neck. I didn't tack Franklin up near the post, since my mounting block was on the opposite end from Felicity, and I didn't have time to move it. Nor did I feel like it, I'd just go where ever it was.

I placed the loop of the reins over Franklin's neck, I took the reins in my left hand, and with my right, I pulled his head down. He lowered it before I even touched him, and I gave him a big pat on the back. "Good boy Franklin," I repeated, with two big pats on the neck. Swiftly, I took off the halter, and I threw it on the ground near the fence line. I put my finger in Franklin's mouth, and gently put the bit in. I put the rest of the bridle into place, and buckled everything to the correct size for Franklin's tinier head. When I was done, Franklin shook his head, then his neck, then his body, and ending with his tail, as if he were a dog with water on him. I laughed at his random shaking, "What, what are you doing, buddy?" I stumbled to get my words out through the laughter, as I walked behind Franklin to put his tail cover.

When I got to Franklin's tail, I clipped the saddle and tail cover together, and I took the two pieces of the tail cover and attached them under his tail. I made it as small as I could, but it was no use. The tail cover was too big on Franklin, it even came really low on his tail, not right at the base.Guess I'm not usin' this today... ohh well, Franklin will do fine without it, I unclipped the tail cover and tossed it near the halter. I took the reins and held them near Franklin's chin, and lead him near the mounting block. I squared his feet up, and climbed on the block. I took the reins in one hand, and placed a foot in the stirrup closest to me. Franklin's ears perked up, "It's okay boy, it's just me," I calmed him. Franklin relaxed his head when he heard my voice, he trusted me, and what ever I did.

In the saddle, I gave Franklin a little squeeze with my legs, and he picked up a fast walk. "Wooahh, slowww," I urged Franklin as I sat back in the saddle to slow his pace. Franklin didn't understand me sitting back in the saddle, and he lengthened his stride. At a fast walk, he went around the riding ring. I pulled gently on the reins, I hated using bits, especially forcefully tugging on them, but nothing I was doing helped slow the almost cantering walk/trot combination Franklin had made. With Franklin getting more and more out of control, and sped up into a fast canter, I had no choice. My fingers tightened around the reins, and my arms tensed. With one, forceful motion, I quickly pulled the reins to my hips in a jerking motion, and Franklin threw his head up into the air. He slowed himself into a very fast trot, almost canter, and trotted into the center of the ring, keeping his head high, moving all over the place. His feet beneath him came to a quick halt, and he made a whimpering noise. I left Franklin on a long rein, as he stood still. Quickly I dismounted, and stoked his head, he looked scared, as if he was saying "Why would you do that?" I rubbed his forehead on the bumpy part, and behind his ear. "Don't worry Franklin, you're okay," Franklin lowered his head, we had to work on that, but I gave him a huge pat on the neck, as I walked him, holding the reins to lead him around the arena to cool down.

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella278436 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 am

hehe... woopsies... I thought I already posted that draft... ohh well, anyway...
Any art of Franklin will go here! c:

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups