Based on Click to view
Artist chunkypeanutbutter [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 1 hour
Drawing sessions 1
78 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

orphan batch #14 - klown kal!

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 am

sorry it took me so long to put this up...I wanted to make something a little extra! ;)

edit list

[s] hair. shine
      [c] long fur, tail, backmane
      [uc] ears
      [nr] chubby, heterochromia

This little kal loves parties, and Halloween is no exception! For your prompt, I want you to write this kid into some sort of party! This can be anything you can come up with - a movie night, a concert, a haunted house party, a big gathering or just a small get-together with a few friends. The only rule is that it must take place sometime around Halloween - the party doesn't have to be a Halloween party though (maybe it's a friend's birthday?) You'll have a maximum of 1,031 words to talk about the party and 1 extra. (Why so specific? It's Halloween! [10/31] ) Your extra can be anything, a playlist, a drawing, a moodboard - the only thing it can't be is extra words or a comic exceeding 4 panels. Animations also aren't allowed. Feel free to go wild, prettying is allowed but will not weigh the judging. Just make sure your forms are neat and clear to read :)

end date: November 12th (extensions must be asked for at least 2 days in advance)
Last edited by chunkypeanutbutter on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

better find another superstition ☾ o.b #14

Postby knifekind » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
⇀ 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑨
-----------------𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚 Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image Their meeting was far from what was expected - a windy day in late October, when the leaves nosedived from their tree-branch perches and fog hung low in the air, sending a chill through the collective spines of Coulro's neighborhood. The young boy had just celebrated his 7th birthday barely a few days earlier, which could be seen through the party hat firmly sandwiched onto his head of wild curls and the messily applied clown makeup still smeared across his face. He bounced across each step of the pavement, narrowly avoiding the cracks - every footfall of his mismatched rain boots resulted in a small "honk" noise from high in the boy's throat. His new caregivers still weren't sure if his tendency to make such sounds were due to his deafness, his borderline obsessive fixation on clowns, or if they were just a general... Coulro thing, but they'd quickly found that letting him make his strange little sounds tended to be for the best, especially while he was still learning ASL. Coulro bounced along the pavement with gusto, excited to be exploring on his own for the first time in weeks. His guardians had tried their hardest to keep him reigned in over his birthday week, hoping to restrain his excitement in just a tad. This had done the opposite effect, leaving their son an excited ball of energy smeared in clown face paint.

♡ by the loml planiteri ♡

Image Coulro stopped suddenly in front of a leaf that'd fallen perfectly in front of his feet;
with a gasp, he leaned down, picking up the crunchy specimen between two tiny, Band-
Aid covered paws before stuffing it haphazardly into the front pocket of his overalls,
beside the emergency batteries for his hearing aids, a piece of sour candy and a small
but very knowing miniature clown doll. His eyes darted for more treasures, scanning
across the sidewalk with a mirthful glint in his eyes, before continuing his journey
elsewhere, getting up and continuing on his merry way.

Image Out of the corner of his eye, however, he spotted something.. strange - a light blue form
with a head of scruffy blue hair, dashing from shadow to shadow, behind garbage bins and
overturned Halloween decorations. Eager to make a new friend, Coulro followed the shadow
with wide eyes, following blindly until he stumbled towards a large, white house with a wilted,
empty lawn of dry grass and old Halloween decorations. It'd been there since before he was
born, and had always been abandoned - his parents had warned him to stay away from it, and
although they'd always told him it was for purely safety reasons, even the bravest kids in the
neighborhood seemed to avoid it like the plague. Coulro, being both deaf and oblivious, had no
idea. He trotted up to the door, knocking politely and waiting patiently for someone to open;
after a few long moments, he gently pushed the door open, crossing the threshold with cautious
optimism.

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

Image "Honk..?" He let out a pensive little sound, staring around, before stepping further into
the mysterious home; with no obvious signs of danger, the boy walked further in, eyeing
the architecture. It was clearly very old, everything covered in a thick layer of dust that
stuck to Coulro's curls, making him sneeze when he shook it out with his paws. Out of the
corner of his eye, the same flash of light blue ran across his vision, and Coulro found
himself swerving to catch it in the act. Instead, he watched as it ran in the other direction,
causing him to do the repeat the action, spinning to catch up. Suddenly, the blue thing was
right in front of him! "Who are you, and why on Earth are you in my house?" The blue blur was
in fact a Kalon who looked around his age, with swoopy dark hair and big, pale blue eyes, his
semi transparent form hovering gently above the ground. Confused, Coulro looked up at him,
signing that he was confused.

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

Image The other boy looked puzzled, his nose wrinkling up. "What are you doing with your
paws? You look stupid." Coulro rolled his eyes, gesturing to his hearing aids. A look of
realization flooded the boy's face, embarrassment building on his face. "So, you can
hear me, but you can't respond..?" He queried; his new friend nodded. "So, what's your
name, then? If we're supposed to be friends, we should know our names. Mine's Abion."
Coulro smiled, before beginning to fingerspell his name - C-O-U-L-R-O. The boy looked
at him with a face that proved he hadn't understood anything. "I.. have no idea what that
meant. I think.. Chip suits you, though. I'm gonna just call you Chip, ok, new pal?" He soared
while speaking, sitting on top of the massive chandelier Coulro - Chip, he corrected
himself, he was Chip now - hadn't noticed upon entry. "Race you to the top of the stairs?"
Chip grinned, dashing after him, letting out excited honks he
followed his friend, speeding excitedly.

--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

Image It's three days after his 13th birthday, and he trots across the pavement with the same joy that's never failed to leave him. His journey towards their house is no longer by accident, and he swerves between kids on bikes and cars exiting driveways, jumping over lawn flamingos and plastic skeletons on his way to the same house from all those years ago. Standing in the now tamed and regularly watered grass, Chip wipes his forehead, before pushing open the door with one broad shoulder, before placing down the box he's carried over with him onto the floor, stretching before reaching down and starting to pull out their contents. Balloons, streamers and other decorations spilled out across the floor, seemingly summoning Abion. "Bro, I told you not to bother with any anniversary garbage." Despite being an apparition and having no blood, Abion's form blushed, scratching the back of his neck. Chip shrugged, continuing anyway despite his friend's protests. After a long ten minutes of Abion protesting while Chip put up decorations, he finally turned to face his friend. "Happy haunt-iversary, best friend." He grinned, speaking to his best friend for the first time in his life - a time neither would forget.

credits wrote:[1,030/1,031 words]
art by the lovely Planiteri
Abion also belongs to the incredible Planiteri
clown pixels from pixelian.tumblr.com
small pixels from pixel-dreams.tumblr.com
ASL translation provided by signingsavvy.com
coding by me
writing by me
lyrics from Baby You're A Haunted House by Gerard Way
Last edited by knifekind on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 am, edited 15 times in total.
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: orphan batch #14 - klown kal!

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:12 am

reses
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OrangeSocks » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:13 am

Mark!

Orange - She/Her - kalons
    ------------------------------
    Nervous bean doing her best.
    Happy to chat! Lover of D&D,
    Star Trek, drawing, & cats!
OrangeSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am

Res!!

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 am

Sorry!
I probably won't have time to finish but I want to wish everyone the best of luck on this cutie♡
Last edited by Midnightkitkat on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow,, » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:28 am

omg so cute mark to watch

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    yo I'm comet, but you can also call me
    ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤlucifer c:
    she/her | digital drawing | animals

xxxxxdustcloud characters link ©
    ❝ We're not gonna hug in front
    xxxof this whole school. ❞
    ㅤㅤㅤ- Jughead Jones
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfycat101 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am

Res because they're SO DARN CUTE!!!
Wolfycat101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby colambo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 am

DAWWW THAT ART

SLAMMING DOWN A BIG
FAT
MARK
colambo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyborgishly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:39 am

username cyborgishly • name grimaldi, also called grim • gender male

“there it is, the biggest party of the year.”

the biggest party of the year is the annual halloween bash held by the price family going on ten years strong. each year, the party is in a secret location and only those with invitations know where the party is being held. at least, that was the intention.

there were three troublemakers of the town. they were often called “the three stooges”, but they decided to settle on “triple threatz” as their official name. every year the trio decided to dress up on halloween, even if they received a trip to be principal’s for “inappropriate attire.” this year, they found it fitting to dress as their respected titles. the pyromaniac dressed as a volcano, the graffiti artist dressed as a paintbrush, and the class clown, grimaldi, dressed as, well, a clown.

it was just before sunset on october 31st when the trio decided to head out, a gaggle of giggles escaping the young teenagers. earlier, they bribed a friend of a friend of a cousin of his brother for a hint of where the party was being held at. their older brother was part of the band, and the kid they bribed might of had a sneak peak at he coveted invitation.

the trio arrived at the secret party location just after dark, huffing and puffing and trying to keep warm. the secret party was located in the woods at the top of the town, a nice heated tent with the music coming from the band leaking oozing from it. the boys giggled once more, practically vibrating from excitement.

grim was probably the most excited out of the three. parties were his specialty, especially since he could get along with anyone and anything. the reason grim was so excited was because it was his first actual halloween party. he decided last year, when he was sitting at home watching movie marathons, that he would go to a real halloween party with all the works. it wasn’t good if it didn’t have decorations, crazy halloween themed foods and goodies, and music that’ll wake up everyone in the immediate vicinity. this party had that and more.

grim’s makeup wasn’t the only thing that was grinning from ear to ear, and once they found an opportunity to sneak in, they did.

what did the pirate say when he turned 80? aye matey

grim was ecstatic. his heart was pounding in his chest and his smile never faltered. he played the part of his costume, being the jester of the evening. he cracked jokes, made a fool of himself, but he absolutely loved it. his laughter is contagious, summoning a storm of giggles from all ages, young and old.

my friend said that he was cold so i told him to go sit in the corner... because a corner is always 90 degrees!!

parties were grim’s thing, and so were clowns. his words created, his actions showed. grim, however young, was good at what he did. he was good at what he wanted to be good at, and bringing laughter was something that he really wanted to be good at. and if he was good at a party that he wasn’t even invited and he didn’t get them kicked out? it was an outstanding ovation in his book.

i bought my friend an elephant for their room. they said “thank you” and i said, “don’t mention it”

jokes flowed from his lips like ink to a pen. at first, he cracked a couple here and there, but once more people started shifting their attention towards him, that’s when grim smiled his ghoulish grin, unleashing the best of the best. he jumped from tables, grabbing audience members for participation and even chewing up the nastiest concoction for one of his knee-busters. his friends later returned, smiles plastered on their faces while they shoveled goodies into their mouths. grim was especially pleased as he devoured the ghoulish treats, not noticing the man who had walked up behind him and, then, scaring the daylights out of him.

fast forward to one year later, to just after sunset on halloween. this year the party was held on the beach because it had been a particularly warmer year, however said beach had a cove that the partygoers thought to be a perfect place. bats and string lights were tied to the ceiling and walls, stringy cobwebs stretching across the entranceway, and a boy, located at the end of the cave, held the crowd’s attention and even their laughter.

yesterday i saw a guy drop his scrabble letters on the road, so i asked him whats the word on the street?

although dressed in a different clown costume, grim was still recognized as the boy wonder from last year, but this time he had new jokes and a newfound energy to preform. the man who had looked over him last year was the man who put on the party every year. even though he had found out that the three had snuck in, he was quite pleased with grim for putting on a show when there was no other entertainment other than the band. he offered him a spot in his party to show off what he had, to even make some money doing it. he could even bring his two closest friends into the party as well. grim was ecstatic about his new gig, even more excited that he could indulge in those halloween themed goodies, have his friends be there, and even get paid for it. but the best part? hearing everyone’s laughter at something he said, something he did. and that brings the biggest smile to his face, one that may even surpass the clown grin painted on.

Last edited by cyborgishly on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me