Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Canadian Mountain Mustangs by moreponiesneeded

Based on Click to view
Artist moreponiesneeded [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Canadian Mountain Mustangs

Postby moreponiesneeded » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:17 am

WIP, no posting yet please!

main page-fanclub-artist search-breeding/customs-discord

Canadian mountain mustangs or CMM's are a new breed of mustang that was found in the mountains of Canada. With fewer than 300 in existence we are just starting to learn about this rare species. Usually standing around 16hh these horses are a very muscular breed built for traveling across their mountain home. Many speculate that they are ancestors to the Quarter Horse or Thoroughbred, but this is yet to be proven. They are a hardy breed. With thick, stocky builds and strong hooves. There are no color restrictions, and they can be any realistic color. Appaloosas are common, as are chubari spots, birdcatcher spots, and bend or spots. Most of the horses in the adoption center have been previously gentled, however once every couple of months there will be round-ups of wild mustangs so keep your eye out!
Last edited by moreponiesneeded on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
moreponiesneeded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Rules
1. CS rules apply.
2. No harassment or bullying, including to our artists. Be respectful to everyone.
3. Do not spam any CMM thread.
4. Do not sell any CMM for currency, however you may give away or trade them as long as you notify the artist of that particular CMM.
5. You must have a stable page/herd page somewhere to breed and compete in future events.
6. Do not copy other entries.
Last edited by moreponiesneeded on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
moreponiesneeded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarities

Credit to Artgirl

Common
Short or No Feathering
Long or Curly Mane/Tail
Appaloosa markings
Chubari spots
Birdcatcher spots
Bend or Spots

Uncommon
Long Feathering
Mid Mane/Tail
Briling
Paint Markings

Rare
Short or no Mane/Tail
Species Mutations
Brindling
Chimeras

These horses are amazingly quiet and can move through the forest without making a sound or being seen. How is because they have a special Ambling gait very similar to the Tölt. Using this, they can run quietly through the woods without being detected by predators. Many riders favor this because they can go for longer rides than other horse breeds without getting tired or hurting their back. With the increased endurance they are very famous in cross country and show jumping if you can find someone with the patience to train them. They are a very spirited breed and have a partial one rider gene in them making them nearly impossible to train but with time and patience they are worth every second.

Being a new breed they have been found to have many unique characteristics. One being their mane and tail. They have amazingly long manes that are almost never found above the fetlock. The only way it can be shorter is if it's a mutation or cut and styled by their rider. They are able to have other more extreme mutations besides a shorter mane but due to the small number of horses we don't know exactly what yet. They also unlike common horse breeds have amazing eye colors ranging from gold to blue to orange and even some red.

It was though that these horses came in any natural horse colors or markings. This is not the case. After further studies they have been found to not only come in any natural horse colors or markings but they also have unique markings known as bril or briling. Unrelated to brindle these stripe like markings can be as simple as a streak on the nose to as extensive as thick striping confused with tobiano. It's also not restricted to a specific flow and can be found in many patterns and designs. Briling has recently been found to come in many natural colors from one shade off of the base coat color to white on a black horse.

Recently discovered in old painting these horses where common rides for the past Indian tribes in the area. With there great endurance and muscular build they were great for traveling long distances and hunting. They would often be found painted by their riders as a way of identification. Further studies of these horses has lead to the discovery of a new protein in their hair which was named Slineca Protein. This protein not only makes color stand out on a dark coat but bonds to dye making it last for several months without fading. This made it easier for the Indians being that they only had to repaint them every couple months. Soon after this discovery it became very famous among modern riders, especially for competition and showing purposes.
Last edited by moreponiesneeded on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
moreponiesneeded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby moreponiesneeded » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:18 am

Nothing for Now
Last edited by moreponiesneeded on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
moreponiesneeded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Canadian Mountain Mustangs

Postby moreponiesneeded » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:18 am

open for posting!
moreponiesneeded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Masterplan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 am

Woahh nice to see these guys back after so long!
Masterplan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xi'rika » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:50 am

Mark
xi'rika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triplethesix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:56 am

eep, mark!!
triplethesix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheMagicInside56 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:16 am

Mark
hi im a little signature, does anyone want to trade?
TheMagicInside56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AceCavalier » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Another horse species adopt!! Maaaark!!!
Ace - She/They - Writer & Voice Actor - Australia
----------
Cavalry's Hold - Stables
Cavalry's Hoard - Adoptables

AceCavalier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me