Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

โ€”-โžข ๐–ซ๐–ด๐–ข๐–จ๐–ฃ๐–ด๐–ท ๐– ๐–ฃ๐–ฎ๐–ฏ๐–ณ๐–ฒ [artist search open!]

Postby necropoliis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 am

๐–ถ๐–ค๐–ซ๐–ข๐–ฎ๐–ฌ๐–ค ๐–ณ๐–ฎ ๐–ซ๐–ด๐–ข๐–จ๐–ฃ๐–ด๐–ท ๐– ๐–ฃ๐–ฎ๐–ฏ๐–ณ๐–ฒ!
nursery | growths/transfers | customs | artist search | fanclub

โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–

Lucidux [โ€œLOO-sid-uhcksโ€] are magical feline creatures that control limited amounts of magic to communicate and hunt. Roughly the size of a cougar, these animals store and expel pure energy in their body and orb on their tail to show dominance and lure/stun prey. As apex predators, lucidux claim large territories and prefer to lead solitary lives, though occasionally small โ€˜pridesโ€™ can form.

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฑ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–จ๐–ค๐–ฒ

Lucidux often experience โ€˜mutationsโ€™ due to their relation with magic, as well as with adaption to their habitat. This ranges from minor changes such as fur length and shine shape to much larger things.
      - ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฃ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–ฃ
      teeth, sclera color, heterochromia

- ๐–ข๐–ฎ๐–ฌ๐–ฌ๐–ฎ๐–ญ
      longer fur, backmane, orb size

- ๐–ด๐–ญ๐–ข๐–ฎ๐–ฌ๐–ฌ๐–ฎ๐–ญ
      shorter fur, ear edit, tail edit, pupil shape

- ๐–ฑ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–ค
      orb shape, excessive glow, horns, halo, two tail, natural mutations

- ๐–ฌ๐–ธ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–จ๐–ข
      wings, no orb/extra orb, gene splicing
Last edited by Dia. on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: locked at owner request
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฑ๐–ด๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฒ

Postby necropoliis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 am

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฌ๐– ๐–จ๐–ญ ๐–ฑ๐–ด๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฒ

- You may currently own up to 10 lucidux.

- Lucidux are a closed species, you cannot make your own without permission.

- Selling lucidux for any form of currency is prohibited.

- You may only trade lucidux for other lucidux, lucidux items, or art.

- Harassment of any kind is not allowed within the community. This includes begging for lucidux.

- Both roleplaying and making lucidux โ€˜sonasโ€™ is allowed.

- Transferring designs out of the species must be brought to the owner and determined case-by-case.

- Co-owning is not recognized by lucidux staff. Though you are free to develop a character together, there is only 1 owner is the eyes of the archive and it will be treated as such. If the owner is banned, the lucidux may be taken by staff regardless of any development with others.

โ€”-โžข ๐–ญ๐–ด๐–ฑ๐–ฒ๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ธ ๐–ฑ๐–ด๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฒ

- Although only mxf pairs can breed in the wild, any pair regardless of gender may have cubs in the nursery.

- Lucidux may breed up to 4 times in a lifetime.

- Lucidux do not have to breed for life, they can have a different partner each time.

- 1-4 cubs are rolled for each breeding based on a random generator.

- Incestuous or cub/adult relationships are not allowed.

- Users may only breed once a month. This means a max of 12 breeding a year, though this isnโ€™t a set โ€œ30 dayโ€ cooldown. I.e., you may earn a slot on both January 31st and February 1st, since they are two separate months.

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฅ๐–ฅ ๐–ฑ๐–ด๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ฒ

- Staff earn rare customs based on activity.

- Staff may make any amount of lucidux for the community via adopts (raffle, prompt, etc).

- Staff must uphold community rules.
Last edited by necropoliis on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ€”-โžข ๐–ถ๐–ง๐– ๐–ณ ๐– ๐–ฑ๐–ค ๐–ณ๐–ง๐–ค๐–ธ?

Postby necropoliis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:45 am

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฎ๐–ต๐–ค๐–ฑ๐–ต๐–จ๐–ค๐–ถ

Lucidux [โ€œLOO-sid-uhcksโ€] are magical feline creatures that control limited amounts of magic to communicate and hunt. Roughly the size of a cougar, these animals store and expel pure energy in their body and orb on their tail to show dominance and lure/stun prey. As apex predators, lucidux claim large territories and prefer to lead solitary lives, though occasionally small โ€˜pridesโ€™ can form.

Magic is absorbed from the environment and runs throughout the body (similar to the nervous system), while primarily being stored in the orb and shines. Brighter orbs signify greater power, as this means thereโ€™s a larger amount of magic stored. As nocturnal hunters, lucidux can omit light from their tails to lure prey, and magic can be expelled to stun it. When coming into contact with other lucidux, the cats will spar using magic to stun the other, as well as use their teeth and retractable claws- through these fights, lucidux establish dominance and create a social hierarchy.

A female lucidux will usually give birth to a clutch of 1-4 cubs, preferably in a small den in early spring. Cubs are born deaf and blind, with no ability to use magic, making them very vulnerable. During pregnancy (3 months), the mother contributes all magic to keeping her cubs healthy, so she must rely on her nonmagical abilities to feed herself- this leads females to be widely regarded as the more efficient killer in the species.

Cubs will be raised solely by the female, as male lucidux do not stay with the mother, though they may have cubs again in later seasons. That being said, lucidux rarely choose mates for life. Cubs will live with their mother for only 1 year, departing once the female gives birth to her next litter. The cubs begin using magic from 3-4 months, learning to hunt with it at 6 months. After 1 year, the adolescent cubs can venture out fairly comfortable with magic use and hunting. Female cubs may stay with their mom an extra year, and male litter mates may stay together for years as well. As they become older and look to create their own territories, these groups will break apart. A lucidux can claim as much as 30 square miles, though habitat destruction has affected this.

In myths, lucidux are considered to be accompanied by fae, as their constant input/output of magic attracts other magical creatures. Theyโ€™re symbols of balance, strategy, and order, and when in captivity, considered exotic and powerful animals. Though poaching of these creatures for their orbs is not unheard of, itโ€™s very rare considering the difficulty it would take to take down such an animal.
Last edited by necropoliis on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฅ๐–ฅ

Postby necropoliis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 am

โ€”-โžข ๐–ฒ๐–ณ๐– ๐–ฅ๐–ฅ

Owner
    - Obliivous

Artists
    - Obliivous

Moderators
    -

Archivists
    -
Last edited by necropoliis on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra

Postby necropoliis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am

Posting open!

necropoliis#5084