Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

SCS Puppy Adopts #631, #632 and #633 by tea!

Based on Click to view
Artist tea! [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by tea!

by tea!

SCS Puppy Adopts #631, #632 and #633

Postby tea! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:48 am

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

Looks like we ended up with a few puppies, not sure if we'll be getting anymore,,, but who knows !

For these cuties, tell me what sport they will be put into as they grow older !!
I also would like you to write about the first time they tried it or draw them trying it out for the first time !
please add extras c; !!!

#631 - Double Merle Border Collie
( vision impaired and deaf )
-- will be judged by diamond --

Code: Select all
username :
name :
sport :
story or drawing :

#632 - German wirehaired pointer mix
( missing front right leg )

username :
name :
sport :
story or drawing :

#633 - miniature Pinscher mix

username :
name :
sport :
story or drawing :

ends Feb 14th !

( and if you'd like to watch real rescue pups play some football, the puppy bowl is on today !! )

art above by fiskko @ da

tea!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Puppy Adopts #631, #632 and #633

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:50 am

username : Sunny-Skies
name :
collar : x (doesn't have to be this detailed)
sport : tracking
story or drawing :
Last edited by sunny-skies on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Form for #633 -- Marilyn

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 am

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

username :
~HєуRєι~

Marylin
Marigold, Mary, Lin
Female -- Collar
Sarah Anne "Jinx"

personality : Feisty and small, Marylin isn't exactly what you would expect from a dog often called "Marigold". She'll often get into trouble due to her being a bit of a daredevil, especially when she tries to or succeeds at stealing food from her human. Despite this, she often gets bored easily when nothing is actually interesting. She'll take a challenger at their face and try her best to leave them in the dust as she races to victory. She'll often gloat about her victory but she will be nice if she is close with them. She's always smiley and cheerful, and truly doesn't care what others think of her.
    "most favorite activity in the world" : One thing she loves to do, aside from win in competitions and practically stalk Diana, is roll around in flowers that have been cut. Most of these flowers aren't going to be used in bouquets or to grow more and they just smell so nice, Marilyn just can't help herself. She'll also do this in wild flower patches that grow around town, especially on walks.
    "most favorite smelly plant" : Normally she simply can't choose one, there is so many that smell so nice! One of her favorite flowers though, is marigold, which she kinda shares the nickname with. The scent is very strong, practically surrounding the area which it is planted. She thinks the flower is a bit bold for the smell, as most flowers only have something faint. They also feel nice against her skin and look strange. She can't help but admire the flowers she shares the name with.

Earthdog Trials

story : So, shes at her owner's shop, just patrolling around with Datura in the public garden, when she sees a little pest of sorts trying to dig into the flowerbed. Appalled by this, she ran straight for the little bugger and tried to dig at him as he retreated into his hole. As her owner saw this, she decided to try something to get her a little more disciplined and to keep her from digging up her flowers trying to get at a pest.

The next day Marylin was taken to a nearby trainer, letting her run in the fenced area while her owner talked with the trainer about... something. She decided to check out the things in the area, that being a bunch of odd tunnels, a cage of pests, oh and some bags of treats with a weird clicky thing. Of course the first thing she tried to do was steal the treats, though she gave up as soon as she was unable to reach it on the tall table. Darn her height disadvantage. After giving up, she decided to try out the weird tunnels, being afraid to enter the compact and dark area at first. After a bit of gaining up her confidence, she decided to run down the tunnel for the first time. She sort of enjoyed it, realizing there wasn't anything fun at the end so she just left afterwards. She sat down for a bit and then remembered the cage of pests. She walked over to them, a bit excited but also scared. She started pawing at the cage a bit, barking excitedly and alerting the trainer a bit. Afterwards, she started her training, showing no fear when going down the tunnel and showing certain interest in the pests.

She loved the day, and especially found the tunnels exciting after the pests were added. She was given a lot of encouragement, as well as treats so she absolutely wouldn't be opposed to going through the training again.

household : She lives with the lovely owner of the Golden Garden Store, along with the various wild cats, dogs and other wild kiddos that roam the area.
    ----job : Marilyn is in charge of landscaping greeting guests mostly. She doesn't do a very good job of it, as she is most of the time in the garden stalking following Diana around and chasing down little pests in the garden. This aside she does like to accompany the humans and help them dig whenever they are planting ,well, plants. This of course makes a giant mess that leaves her dirty as heck.
Diana -- Diana is probably her favorite person ever. She is simply such an awesome role-model and she is amazed by her abilities in competitions. Much to her dismay, Diana doesn't exactly enjoy Marilyn's company and tries to shoo her away when working. This of course doesn't work. Diana will simply have to learn to get along with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and more loved than you will ever know."

pictures
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 am, edited 30 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 am

username : wolfiedog3
name : Bearnard
collar : link
sport : Disc Dog
story or drawing :

Bear came to the farm before he was adopted, just to have an adoption evaluation. He was walking around the place when he saw the older daughter of the owner working with two of the dogs. They were throwing around a disc, which really got Bear into it. He watched for a bit, before one of the older dogs, Pax, asked if he would want to join in. He had doubts, being that he only had one leg, but Pax said that he would teach him, plus that his mother,
who has three legs, had showed him how to do it. After a few fails, Bear started to get it down and almost caught it a few times.
The picture above is a some photo of when Bear actually caught it for the first time. c;
Last edited by Wolfiedog3 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dinolil1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 am

username : Dinolil1
name : Riley
collar : Pale Pink
sport : Sledge Racing
story or drawing : It was a bitingly cold day; teeth chattered like castanets and paws were stung by frost, the low temperatures as sharp as needles and Riley wondered how she'd be able to run on paws that were frozen stiff. The professionals looked lean and mean, muscles rippling under snow-hardened pelts and an air of confidence surrounding them like thick fog. Wind whipped up the snow around her, the sky heaved with grey and warm hands placed a rose-pink collar around her scrawny neck, Riley couldn't believe this was happening.

Peering behind her, there was a glaringly pink sledge; ridiculous compared to the sleek and shiny sledges pulled by the bigger dogs, now they looked cool! She just looked silly, and the cherry on top of the cake of ridiculousness, was the ugly red bear in the sledge, if it was meant to be a bear. It's shiny red buttons stared at her and it sat, as hunched backed as a witch, to watch her progress. Suddenly, the professionals jumped forward and roared away, snow spray leaping into the air like birds taking flight.

Riley took this as a sign to follow, racing after them. She felt light-hearted and giddy, paws trampling the ice underfoot and the small sledge bucking and slipping after her. Although she couldn't clearly see or hear the pack, Riley still enthusiastically went for it. After a while, Riley stopped at the edge of a cliff; surrounded by rows upon rows of mountains, their snow-capped peaks appearing to look approvingly down at the puffing and panting young pup.

This was the best day ever.

ImageImageImage

I believe that you are purrfect!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dinolil1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Eye of The Storm

Postby conversett » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 am

username : SergeantWinter
    name : Stormy
    collar : Ice Blue
    sport : Herding
    story or drawing : wip
Last edited by conversett on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 am

username :
name :
sport :
story or drawing :
res qwp
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:56 am

slides in here and slams a mark down
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:13 am

username :
    tea!

name :
    Malibu

collar :
    orange with anchors

sport :
    Scent hurdles

story or drawing :
Last edited by tea! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

art above by fiskko @ da

tea!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:28 am

for #632!
username;;
doge fruit
//
name;;
Cheerio
//
gender;;
male
//
collar;;
this simple collar!
//
sport;;
scent tracking
//
first day of training;;
"Hi, I'm Cheerio! I only have one leg but I don't let that slow me down!
I've been practicing on how to scent track! It's a bit hard since you have to work on steady legs and be stealthy but my new owner is doing her best to help me! Her name is Mia and she's thinking about getting me a replacement leg and I really hope she does, it'll help me out a lot! Anyways, my first day of trying was awesome! My owner and a trainer friend of her's took me out to the nearest park. They first taught some basic obedience beforehand so I was ready to learn. Well, when we got to the field, they let me run wild so I could get used to it. It was amazing! They cheered me on and I heard them praise how fast I could run on only three legs! That made me feel even more confident on learning how to track! There were two other dogs there with me. One's called Donovan and he's a saluki. I thought about chasing after him through the tall grass but he disappeared easily and he was so fast! He dipped off somewhere over a slope and I soon gave up. The other dog there was a somewhat big canaan dog named Naveen. She's a bit scary at first especially with the big scars and missing ears but she's pretty cool and sticks to herself. She was off in the distance sniffing at things and looking around.

Our owner called us over and gave us a warm up in obedience: sit, stay, lay down, and more. We were doing better good, our owner had to use special hand signals for Naveen since she couldn't hear all too good. As soon as we were done, Mia hooked us to our leashes and the trainer walked up to us and waved a pepperoni in front of our noses. It smelled so good and made my mouth water but I had to keep still! And the we felt our leashes unlatch, and we're off! Naveen and Donovan were fast but I made sure to keep up with them! I kept my nose to the ground and kept the pepperoni scent in mind. After a bit, I caught my first pepperoni! I looked up and let out a happy bark towards my owner and the trainer and I continued my hunt for more.
One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. And a beetle. Seven and eight.
I only got eight pepperonis, I think Donovan got the most, but it was very fun! Mia and the trainer rounded us up and gave us happy pats before we packed up to leave! Hopefully, we get to do more tomorrow!
personality;;
Cheerio is just like any other pup, even if he is missing a leg. He loves to romp around and play as well as cuddle. In his eyes,
all human strangers are just potential new friends and he loves playing with little kids! He's somewhat a bit wary around strange dogs, especially huge ones, but he makes easy friends with all the ones he meet! Cheerio's still pretty young however, and his mind is still forming but he's a friend little guy that doesn't let a missing leg stop him!

short backstory;;
Cheerio's old owner used to breed hunting dogs as kind of a 'second job' and Cheerio was one of the recent litters born. Well,
before they were sold to homes, his old owner let Cheerio and his litter-mates experience the outside for the first time. Cheerio, being a curious little daredevil, climbed over the baby gate that enclosed them and zoomed right away from the home. Eventually he got lost and scared and wandered into the nearby town. Unfortunately, he didn't know much about cars or roads and ended up getting hit by one as he tried crossing the street. A kind-hearted bystander scooped him up and brought him to the nearby shelter to get fixed up.
Last edited by doge fruit on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me